PDA

View Full Version : Would the Chiefs have won if not for the cheap shot by Geathers?

Rain Man
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
We were down 17-3 before the cheap shot late hit by the Bengals goon Geathers, and it looked like we were gaining momentum quickly. If not the cheap shot late hit by the Bengals thug Geathers, I think we would've scored to make it 17-10, and other than the cheap shot late hit by the Bengals' cheater Geathers, I think we would've stopped them cold and Green would've scored a couple more times. That is, of course, assuming that he hadn't been injured by the cheap shot administered after the play was over by the cheap shot late hit Raider wannabe son-of-a-Bronco Geathers. What do you think?

Eleazar
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I dunno, we were pretty well getting owned once they started with the no huddle. A comeback at that point seemed kind of improbable in any case.

Chiefnj
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM
At that point Trent was running for his life on just about every play. I think the Bengals made the necessary adjustments on the DL and would have won anyway.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Momentum was going our way at that point, its hard to say but I said probally yes.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't think it would have mattered honestly, we weren't moving the ball with Green. Cincy looked to when the sky opened up to basically shut it down and be content to run the clock knowing the Chiefs couldn't catch them without Green in so they may have scored more points if they felt the Chiefs could come back on them.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Playing this what if game is just frustrating. I almost posted this thread. But yeah, I thought we had a chance. We had momentum and were driving.

We deserve to blow Denver off the mountain for all this pain and suffering. It's only fair. It's our turn!

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Probably not.

But that play sealed it.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2006, 09:49 PM
If we scored on that drive to make 17-10, that could have swung the game around big time. Crowd would have been back and d would have been fired up. Still its hard to say but we would have had a better chance.

milkman
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm fairly confident that the loss of Green had little impact on the outcome of this game.

ChiefFan31
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
That is tough to say. I voted 50/50 just because even though our D played better in the second half.

We gave Cincy a good sized lead and it would have been tough to stop them if we closed the gap.

I will always believe we can win...it would just have been tough.

BigRock
09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey, Damon Huard led our offense down the field for a TD. Anything was possible.

boogblaster
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
50-50 really.. I did think the team was starting to move..our D didnt look good against the no-huddle..the Gun has to be ready for such game-plans..we could have won but it would have been tough... BOOG....

trndobrd
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
The Chiefs did seem to have momentum, but that may or may not have resulted in anything more than another FG. With Green in, Cinci would not have been able to stack up against the run.

Nati Ice
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
That is tough to say. I voted 50/50 just because even though our D played better in the second half.

We gave Cincy a good sized lead and it would have been tough to stop them if we closed the gap.

I will always believe we can win...it would just have been tough.
not trying to be a dick here but your d only appeared to play better because of the ball control offense we were running. i really really doubt you could have come back to win the game.

keg in kc
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
So many ifs. If LJ hadn't fumbled early on 2nd and short, would that 3 and out have been a scoring drive? If Dante hadn't fumbled, would we have held momentum, or was holding them to 3 momentum enough. 2 items alone that might have turned the game entirely the other direction...

Mecca
09-10-2006, 10:04 PM
not trying to be a dick here but your d only appeared to play better because of the ball control offense we were running. i really really doubt you could have come back to win the game.

See I sort of thought that too........I thought once Green got hurt and it was raining Cincy went into a really conservative "they can't catch us let's just run this clock" offense.

Bwana
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
not trying to be a dick here

Yes, Yes you are.

Halfcan
09-10-2006, 10:07 PM

Isn't time for you to check in with your parole officer.

cdcox
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
The game could easily have gone the other way (LJ's dropped pitch, call on 3rd and 5, Dante's fumble), but by the time Green got injured it was probably too late.

ChiefFan31
09-10-2006, 10:17 PM

Imagine that, you think Cinci would have won regardless, and I think the Chiefs would have had a good chance to come back with Green.

whoman69
09-10-2006, 10:38 PM
In the fourth quarter Cincy shut it down and went entirely ball control. Had the game been even a bit closer they would have gone for another score and probably would have succeeded. The only thing the hit did was make sure it wasn't a blow out. Cincy knows that with Huard at the helm we are not a high powered offense.

jidar
09-10-2006, 10:57 PM
It wasn't the offense we are used to, but it looked like it was warming up.

The D wasn't as bad as we're used to either other than the 2nd quarter stuff.

In my opinion it came down to turnovers. Without those we win.

el borracho
09-11-2006, 01:20 AM
I doubt the result would have changed. I don't think their game plan was better but Cinci executed better and generally kicked our asses all around. The Chiefs executed poorly and Cinci took their foot off the gas. If we had closed the gap they would have played more agressively and likely scored a lot more points.

Hopefully this game is the worst we play all year and not our best.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 02:05 AM
I think the key that really made THE difference in the Chiefs loss was Dante's fumble. Up to that point, the tide had turned, our O was moving the ball and our D was stopping Cinnci. From that point on, we never had control of the game.

Hound333
09-11-2006, 04:38 AM
I think the key that really made THE difference in the Chiefs loss was Dante's fumble. Up to that point, the tide had turned, our O was moving the ball and our D was stopping Cinnci. From that point on, we never had control of the game.

My thoughts exactly. From that fumble on we played like crap.

ChiefsFan1965
09-11-2006, 05:42 AM
I was at the game and I kept thinking Gee Herm, Cinci is playing the type of game you want to play but your team can't get it going. It was scary seeing Trent Green down for what seemed like an eternity.

I don't know if this happens much, but during half time they had people parachuting into the stadium, like 6-10 different skydivers. I kept a watch out for Willie Roaf to glide in but NO! Where are you Willieeeeeeeee?

King_Chief_Fan
09-11-2006, 06:08 AM

the most accurate statement about the game so far.

greg63
09-11-2006, 06:13 AM
Probably no; had Green not been injured when he was it would have most likely occurred sometime later playing behind our joke of an "O" line anyway.

greg63
09-11-2006, 06:14 AM

That and when the "D" couldn't stop their "no huddle".

Aries Walker
09-11-2006, 07:48 AM
We might have. I guess we'll never know now, thanks to Geathers.