PDA

View Full Version : Trent Out 2-6 Per Mike Nugent

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Of Warpaint Illustrated. I'd say we're about f*cked.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
6 weeks.......that would make our record when he comes back what 1-4, 2-3 likely?

58-4ever
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Of Warpaint Illustrated. I'd say we're about f*cked.

good source. We're dooooomed!!!

TRR
09-10-2006, 10:26 PM
That's a huge time difference. I would definitely say Green would be back after the bye week...if not sooner. I wouldn't even rule him out for the Denver game just yet.

I'll bet money Green is back in week 4.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I"d say it would make our record about 0-5.

chief52
No Doctor has even a slight clue how long he will be out at this point. They days ahead will tell the story, as with any head injury.

beavis
How could they possibly know how long he's going to be out already?

cdcox
On the lower end of that scale, he'd be back for the niners. On the upper end, yeah, were likely 1-4 and thankful we have people like Eric Hick around to teach the youngin's how to handle it.

58-4ever
09-10-2006, 10:27 PM
On the lower end of that scale, he'd be back for the niners. On the upper end, yeah, were likely 1-4 and thankful we have people like Eric Hick around to teach the youngin's how to handle it.

Teaching them how to call Rhonda Moss a fat bitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Supposedly it's a "severe concussion".

Mecca
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Teaching them how to call Rhonda Moss a fat bitch.

You know he banged her after that because that's the kinda guy he is.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 10:29 PM
How could they possibly know how long he's going to be out already?No kidding. Sounds like pure speculation.

"Uhhh... 2-6... Yeah, surely that'll cover it."

Gotta love the month-long margin of error.

chubychecker
09-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Trent didn't look much better than Huard today throwing the ball. I think this is a test for a young team. A good all around football team (which we haven't had for a while) could use this as a rallying point. If without trent we are 0-5, then we will be at best 2-3 with him.

BigRock
09-10-2006, 10:31 PM
No kidding. Sounds like pure speculation.

They probably meant 2-16 weeks and left off the 1. "Trent might be done for the season!!!!! Or he might be back after the bye. Find out more for only $90 a year."

Sure-Oz
09-10-2006, 10:32 PM
I seriously think we should try to get Volek.

ChiefFan31
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I think he will be back for Week 4. Two full weeks of rest will be good enough IMO.

I think the question is who should start week 2 against the Donks. Huard or Croyle. Poll forthcoming - not by me, but im sure there will be a few :)

chubychecker
09-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Agreed.

blueballs
09-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Odd Todd is either holding a clipboard sighing in relief
or holding a clipboard and cussing a missed chance

boogblaster
09-10-2006, 10:37 PM
we need a back-up for sure we've needed one for years.... BOOG.....

chief52

The Titans have had Volek in camp and signed Kerry Collins because they did not think he could do the job. Collins started over Volek today even though Collins was just signed on 8/28! Volek is most definitely not the answer IMO.

Hammock Parties
If he is really out for six weeks...well...we'll just have to take our lumps as we usher in the new era. Had to happen sometime.

TRADE GONZO AND SHIELDS NOW!!!!!!!!!!111

Sure-Oz
09-10-2006, 10:39 PM
The Titans have had Volek in camp and signed Kerry Collins because they did not think he could do the job. Collins started over Volek today even though Collins was just signed on 8/28! Volek is most definitely not the answer IMO.
Huard or Volek???

uhhh

chief52
09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Huard or Volek???

uhhh

Well, if Volek was here he may start. But to trade and give something up for Volek to compete with Huard? I think that would be crazy. The Chiefs are not going to the playoffs with either one, so why waste draft choices at this point?

chief2000
09-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Trade too late for a backup tackle on another team ?

milkman
09-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, if Volek was here he may start. But to trade and give something up for Volek to compete with Huard? I think that would be crazy. The Chiefs are not going to the playoffs with either one, so why waste draft choices at this point?

Most reasonable post all day long.

Phobia
09-10-2006, 10:50 PM
They probably meant 2-16 weeks and left off the 1. "Trent might be done for the season!!!!! Or he might be back after the bye. Find out more for only $90 a year."
Good one.

Mike Nugent spends a lot of time in the locker room, at press conferences, and talking to players. He's a good beat reporter.

I don't know from which source he got 2-6 weeks but it makes a lot of sense to me. Obviously, it depends on how Trent's brain heals and responds in the coming days.

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 10:54 PM
If Trent is going to be out for more than 1 game I'd be for playing Croyle for the sake of experience and putting Huard in if the pressure gets to be too much (don't want to see Croyle go down). Or for that matter since Trent will be on the PUP list, move Printers back to the main squad. If the O-Line can't contain the presure, put Printers in and tell him to forget everything we tried to teach him in camp and run.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 10:55 PM
You put Croyle in now and HE could get injured.

dj56dt58
09-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Good one.

Mike Nugent spends a lot of time in the locker room, at press conferences, and talking to players. He's a good beat reporter.

I don't know from which source he got 2-6 weeks but it makes a lot of sense to me. Obviously, it depends on how Trent's brain heals and responds in the coming days.
2-6 weeks is nothing but pure speculation. That's a month long cushion for error. There are 0 facts involved here bc enough time hasn't passed to be able to tell on a concussion

tk13
09-10-2006, 10:57 PM
If he plays again this season, I'll be happy. Concussions are serious business, especially with QB's.

Phobia
09-10-2006, 10:58 PM
If Green is down in Denver, Printers will almost certainly be our emergency QB there. I thought Huard was pretty decent in relief of Green. If he hadn't been wagging the ball around when the pocket collapsed, he'd have had a commendable day. That's certainly a correctable error.

chiefsfan1963
09-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Bummer.

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 11:04 PM
If Green is down in Denver, Printers will almost certainly be our emergency QB there. I thought Huard was pretty decent in relief of Green. If he hadn't been wagging the ball around when the pocket collapsed, he'd have had a commendable day. That's certainly a correctable error.

I agree on Huard. I doubt he has as much trouble protecting the ball after a full week of getting it pounded into his head. He actually looked better (minus the NOT protecting the ball) to me than Collins ever did (I know some will think that is blasphemy).

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2006, 11:04 PM

I would agree.....

I've had 7 diagnosed concussions. Probably a couple more that went without medical attention. I know that everyone responds different, different levels of severity, etc but....

My first was in a car accident.....also deemed "severe head trauma", unconscious for an undetermined amount of time, remembered the events leading up to the accident, but nothing again until much later in the hospital...similar to TG.

For two weeks, I couldn't even walk from the couch to the bathroom without getting dizzy, vomiting, passing out or all of the above. Even a dimly lit room was too bright to handle. It was about 6 weeks before I felt decent during workouts or any other physical effort.

The biggest problem is that you become more susceptible to concussions as you rack them up. Thus, me having 7+. Scary part is, the way our OL looked today, it's not unrealistic to think this may not happen again if he takes even half the hit he took today.....

I'm NOT saying TG will be out 6 weeks......but just based on what I'VE experienced, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

09-10-2006, 11:05 PM
I agree on Huard. I doubt he has as much trouble protecting the ball after a full week of getting it pounded into his head. He actually looked better (minus the NOT protecting the ball) to me than Collins ever did (I know some will think that is blasphemy).
Actually, I would have to agree with you on that.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 11:07 PM
I would agree.....

I've had 7 diagnosed concussions. Probably a couple more that went without medical attention. I know that everyone responds different, different levels of severity, etc but....

My first was in a car accident.....also deemed "severe head trauma", unconscious for an undetermined amount of time, remembered the events leading up to the accident, but nothing again until much later in the hospital...similar to TG.

For two weeks, I couldn't even walk from the couch to the bathroom without getting dizzy, vomiting, passing out or all of the above. Even a dimly lit room was too bright to handle. It was about 6 weeks before I felt decent during workouts or any other physical effort.

The biggest problem is that you become more susceptible to concussions as you rack them up. Thus, me having 7+. Scary part is, the way our OL looked today, it's not unrealistic to think this may not happen again if he takes even half the hit he took today.....

I'm NOT saying TG will be out 6 weeks......but just based on what I'VE experienced, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Well...Trent was wearing a helmet and hit his head on grass. Big difference from your situation...

noa
09-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I say we just tank the rest of our games so we can draft Troy Smith or Ted Ginn Jr.

tk13
09-10-2006, 11:11 PM
I say we just tank the rest of our games so we can draft Troy Smith or Ted Ginn Jr.
LMAO Are you serious?

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Well...Trent was wearing a helmet and hit his head on grass. Big difference from your situation...

Yeah, but watching that play in SLOW MOTION and his helmet still looks like it hits the gound at full speed.

That was as hard of a hit I've ever seen a QB take to the head.

Phobia
09-10-2006, 11:16 PM
2-6 weeks is nothing but pure speculation. That's a month long cushion for error. There are 0 facts involved here bc enough time hasn't passed to be able to tell on a concussion

If Trent Green were the very first QB in the history of the NFL to suffer a concussion I'd agree with your assertation that there are no facts in play here.

ROYC75
09-10-2006, 11:18 PM
The guy is 35, it will take longer to heal. The bye week came at a good time, but seriously folks it could well be week # 5 before he see's the field again. Trent is a warrior, he will attempt to come back quicker if he is given the chance.

But all we are doing is speculating, the doc's and Trent will tell us when the time will be right.

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2006, 11:19 PM

Which is why I wrote this.....

I know that everyone responds different, different levels of severity, etc but....

I also have some experience with football concussions......my next 4 were playing ball.

Trent took a double shot. If you've ever played organized football, you know that taking a shot in the face from shoulder pads while vulnerable isn't much different from running face first into a brick wall. Initial contact was enough to earn a concussion, then he his head gets whipped back into the turf. Grass, you say, but until it's happened to you......

AGAIN.......I'm not saying he WILL be out 6 weeks, I'm saying I would not be the least bit surprised if he is.

Bugeater
09-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Has anyone entertained the possibility that Trent may not come back at all?

09-10-2006, 11:20 PM

I am trying NOT to consider that right now. Thank you very much.

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 11:21 PM

Yep, when they carted him off the field, the thought went through my mind that it was just supposed to be a concussion with Priest too.

noa
09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
LMAO Are you serious?

No. I remember who our head coach is. "Hello?! You play to win the game." Not to get a high draft pick next year.

Ugly Duck
09-10-2006, 11:23 PM

"I'm available!"

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/players/812.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
09-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Yep, when they carted him off the field, the thought went through my mind that it was just supposed to be a concussion with Priest too.

Me too.....

And PH took 1/8 of the hit that Trent took. One blow to the head.

TG took one from the shoulder pads, then one from the turf. With no way to defend himself.....

tk13
09-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I'd believe it. From the moment he was carted off I thought he was done for the year. That was one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen. Trent's pretty tough though, he probably will be back. I hope they're careful with him though, last thing we need is for him to be vulnerable and take another concussion.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Ugh.

WHEN'S IT GONNA BE OUR TURN, LORD?

09-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I wonder if Vermeil cried?

09-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Ugh.

WHEN'S IT GONNA BE OUR TURN, LORD?
Hopefully before we die.

EDIT of course that win will give us a heart attack and we would die.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 11:27 PM

Boy...Dick retired just in time. That would have been an embarrassing press conference.

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Me too.....

And PH took 1/8 of the hit that Trent took. One blow to the head.

TG took one from the shoulder pads, then one from the turf. With no way to defend himself.....

The main difference I see between the two though is Trents was back and forth. Priest took a knee to the helmet jamming his head through his shoulders. And supposedly Priest is out because of the neck problems, not long-term affects from a concussion.

I keep telling myself, "Young and Aikman took a lot of severe blows and kept coming back - Trent is tougher than them."

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 11:29 PM

Hopefully he'll call Herm up and tell him to take his foot off the brake and quit riding the clutch on the O.

Bugeater
09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd believe it. From the moment he was carted off I thought he was done for the year. That was one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen. Trent's pretty tough though, he probably will be back. I hope they're careful with him though, last thing we need is for him to be vulnerable and take another concussion.
He's going to be vulnerable as long as he's playing behind this O-line.

09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Hopefully he'll call Herm up and tell him to take his foot off the brake and quit riding the clutch on the O.

And Herm will be like a little child with his fingers in his ears going la la la la la la I can't hear you la la la la!!!!

tk13
09-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I enjoyed seeing DV on the preview for MNF tonight. I look forward to hearing him with Jaws and Brad Nessler tomorrow night. That crew is probably gonna be better than most of the network crews.

greg63
09-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Hopefully before we die.

EDIT of course that win will give us a heart attack and we would die.

...And the temperature in hell would be -102.

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
I enjoyed seeing DV on the preview for MNF tonight. I look forward to hearing him with Jaws and Brad Nessler tomorrow night. That crew is probably gonna be better than most of the network crews.

I'm going to have to tune in just to hear his thoughts on the Chiefs.

dj56dt58
09-10-2006, 11:37 PM
If Trent Green were the very first QB in the history of the NFL to suffer a concussion I'd agree with your assertation that there are no facts in play here.
The severity of concussions vary and it takes a few days to tell. There have been qbs come back in a week after a concussion. Hell Favre suffered a concussion, came out a play, and went back in and threw a td on the next play. A concussion can keep someone out a few plays or for a full year depending on the severity and that can't be predicted in just a few hours by some reporter. Who has this guy spoken to that knows what they are talking about? I highly doubt he's spoken to a doctor yet, and if he has, the doctor wouldn't know how long he is going to miss just yet

Mecca
09-10-2006, 11:37 PM
LMAO Are you serious?

Yea he's off, if we're gonna do that we should pick Calvin Johnson.

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2006, 11:38 PM
F that S, this is WPI talking FYI, so take it FWIW (which is nothing).

tk13
09-10-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm going to have to tune in just to hear his thoughts on the Chiefs.
"They thought they could throw me under the bus... ha ha HA! I am the mighty Thor, and I threw the bus off a cliff! I will hang the head of Gunther Cunningham in my den as a symbol for all who oppose me!"

Phobia
09-10-2006, 11:42 PM
The severity of concussions vary and it takes a few days to tell. There have been qbs come back in a week after a concussion. Hell Favre suffered a concussion, came out a play, and went back in and threw a td on the next play. A concussion can keep someone out a few plays for a full year depending on the severity and that can't be predicted in just a few hours by some reporter. Who has this guy spoken to that knows what they are talking about? I highly doubt he's spoken to a doctor yet, and if he has, the doctor wouldn't know how long he is going to miss just yet

I think we're on the same page with regard to concussions, dude.

I'm hearing you trying to prove that the report from Mike Nugent is faulty because it is speculative. Obviously, it's speculative. But it's not speculation from Mike Nugent. Mike Nugent isn't a medical professional. This is what he was told at Arrowhead today and he's passing it on to you, free of charge, through a show he does on the air with WHB every Sunday night during the season. Anything you hear tomorrow or the next day or even next week will incorporate speculation as well.

If you want facts, here's one: Trent Green will be back on the field when he's ready to play. That could be sometime this year.

tk13
09-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Now there's a column you guys haven't hit yet.

"Diagnosing the Chiefs... with Dr. Nick Athan"

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2006, 11:44 PM
If you want facts, here's one: Trent Green will be back on the field when he's ready to play. That could be sometime this year.

Scoop of the Year.

09-10-2006, 11:45 PM

I think you are reaching with that one. ROFL

Phobia
09-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Scoop of the Year.

That will be $99.95. Please drive through.

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2006, 11:58 PM
That will be $99.95. Please drive through.

Damn, I should have known.

Phobia
09-11-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm being defensive about this crap for 2 reasons:
1. I think Nugent is underrated as a legitimate beat writer in this town. I think he's discounted by some because he happens to be affiliated with WPI. In case you haven't been keeping track, there's a lot of talented people affiliated with WPI and there's plenty of quality Chiefs coverage coming from the organization.
2. I think the criticism that this is "speculation" and therefore worthless is unfair. EVERY player injury return date is speculation, that's why you ALWAYS hear 2-4 weeks, 6-8 weeks, or some other such range.

greg63
09-11-2006, 12:19 AM

I'm hearing you trying to prove that the report from Mike Nugent is faulty because it is speculative. Obviously, it's speculative. But it's not speculation from Mike Nugent. Mike Nugent isn't a medical professional. This is what he was told at Arrowhead today and he's passing it on to you, free of charge, through a show he does on the air with WHB every Sunday night during the season. Anything you hear tomorrow or the next day or even next week will incorporate speculation as well.

...And a brave soul he will be to come back and play behind this "O" line.

HolmeZz
09-11-2006, 12:47 AM

HAHAHA.

Troy Smith isn't a top NFL prospect at all. Not even as good as Croyle.

Ginn's got all the potential in the world, but he's way too raw to warrant being taken early.

I'd take Calvin Johnson if I had the 1st pick in the draft. Kid's got size and insane hands. Big time red zone target. Not lightning speed, but enough to separate from corners and be a good deep threat.

Gravedigger
09-11-2006, 12:55 AM
It depends on our record if we start either Damon Huard or Brodie Croyle.. if we start Huard I'd say 1-4 if Croyle I'd say 2-3 maybe better depending on how bad Denver sucks.

bringbackmarty
09-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Good one.

No responsible doctor, even with the very best equipment in the world can tell us how long he will be out, for at least 48 hrs. after the injury. The brain is different than your muscles in that when it gets injured, it can continue to swell and will for at least a day maybe two. I don't think there is much they can do to prevent the swelling, other than monitor it, and try something if it threatens his vital signs. It sounds like that isn't a concern. He could wake up tomorrow and because of some swelling, not remember the playbook if it's a part of his brain that deals with memory.

The full extent of the damage cannot possibly be known at this point, because it is still going on I guess is my point. While the estimate sounds reasonable based on similar injuries to other players, and their recovery time. My gut tells me the reporter is maybe creating this bit of news rather than reporting it.....

bringbackmarty
09-11-2006, 01:25 AM

Phil, everybody is different, has different tissue, different DNA. Some people bleed more, swell more than others, and I reiterate, Damage is still being done to his head, right now 2:30 A.M. by the swelling that takes place after the injury. There is no way to know the extent yet. He could be fine, talking, and a few hrs later, code blue @ three a.m. because his medulla swelled up and it stopped his heart.

2-6 weeks is a guess, not any kind of prognosis, admit it.

GoodDaySir!
09-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Anyone else get tired of hearing people from Warpaint defend Warpaint constantly?

bringbackmarty
09-11-2006, 01:35 AM
guessing is also not reporting, it's actually called making something up so I have something to report, or reporting from a bad source which is also bad reporting.

Phobia
09-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Are you suggesting that Mike Nugent pulled "2-6 weeks" out of his ass?

If so, I'm suggesting you're wrong. He heard that information from a source at Arrowhead and then shared it with Warpaint and then later over the air at WHB.

Phobia
09-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Anyone else get tired of hearing people from Warpaint defend Warpaint constantly?
I'm really tired of it. Warpaint sucks and they're always wrong. Plus they charge for stuff.

the Talking Can
09-11-2006, 05:39 AM
anyone with a medical textbook could come up with "2-6" weeks....it ain't the secret to Kentucky Fried Chicken....jesus....

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 05:47 AM
If Black is playing, it won't matter when he comes back.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-11-2006, 06:52 AM
No kidding. Sounds like pure speculation.

Gotta love the month-long margin of error. Well maybe by leaving his predictions broad and generalized there is less chance he is seen as a fraud.

Red Dawg
09-11-2006, 07:16 AM
We are fugged!

C-Mac
09-11-2006, 07:20 AM
I think I remember players who couldnt remember the game or why they were there that played again in just a couple of weeks. They said Trent remembered everything but that play. Memory loss seems to play a role on how significant the concussion injury is.

jiveturkey
09-11-2006, 07:21 AM
For everyone that wanted to see Croyle you'll likely get your chance.

Huard won't survive an entire game.

chief52
09-11-2006, 07:22 AM
I think I remember players who couldnt remember the game or why they were there that played again in just a couple of weeks. They said Trent remembered everything but that play. Memory loss seems to play a role on how significant the concussion injury is.

Yes, but that was the "old days". Concussions are taken much, much more seriously now and rightfully so.

King_Chief_Fan
09-11-2006, 08:08 AM
If Black is playing, it won't matter when he comes back.

If I was QB of this team, I would refuse to come back until Black was gone. How does anyone who plays that terrible still stay on a roster.

What happened to Svitiek (sp)? Surely he couldn't have done worse.

Kclee
09-11-2006, 08:21 AM
2-6 weeks is a guess, not any kind of prognosis, admit it.

Heh. What do you think prognosis means?