PDA

View Full Version : Gonzalez back?

BroncoFan
09-11-2006, 07:49 AM
1st of all...sorry about Trent... good qb... even better person, handles himself great, i have always liked him and hope that he is ok and playing football soon... again sry

that said.. did anyone else notice that Tony G caught a ton of passes as soon as Huard came in, including the TD grab... to me, all of a sudden the chiefs passing game looked like it had for years... tony left, tony right, tony down the middle...

just wanted to see if anyone else noticed...

see you next week

BroncoFan
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
any once again.. he caught eveything thrown his way.. annoying.. but real good player...

jspchief
09-11-2006, 07:54 AM
I'd like to know why Green wasn't hitting him. It was clearly a good option. Hell, even Bengals fans said that receiving TEs kill them.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Trent hit Gonzo early in the game too.

This offense hasn't changed in style, but with Jordan Black at RT, it's changed in substance.

King_Chief_Fan
09-11-2006, 07:56 AM
I noticed that. It was good to see. I think it speaks volume to Huard's confidence to throw it to him. Those were some pretty tough passes to make. I am certain it will be something that the Donks will game plan against. The bengals claim it was prevent D that allowed Huard to make those completions. I say BS.
Those releases were quick, on the money, and in tight coverage.

chiefs4me
09-11-2006, 08:51 AM
THIS CHIEF fan noticed...after I screamed my lungs out at the tv....if only they would of used him more, sooner, who knows what would of happened......he looked great and I hope he gets the ball alot more in the next game......

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 08:56 AM
I noticed, but I thought it probably had more to do with Tony going into the huddle, looking Huard in the facemask and saying "GIVE ME THE BALLLLL!!!!!"

Seriously, no one on this O was playing with much heart (Excpet Green) up until Green went down - OL, WRs, even LJ didn't run with anywhere near the anger he did last year.

BroncoFan
09-11-2006, 10:06 AM
IMO... trent hasnt been throwing to tony because he isnt inclinde to...

maybe he has confidence in other recievers.. maybe he likes other routs... i dont know... maybe he just likes going to WR as opposed to tight ends... mabye they dont like each other... maybe trent doesnt believe he will catch the ball.... i dont have a clue...

i have noticed that trent does not throw the ball to tony... (i had assumed that defenses took tony away)

but the more i think about it... the more i dont delieve that d's can take tony out of the game... (i know they try)

watching huard yesterday reinforced this for me. tony was covered... he wasnt open.. he still made all the catches...

and now that i think about it.. he wasnt open when he dominated defenses... he was just better than they were... he was always covered and most times doubled...

watch... tony will become a lethal threat as long as trent isnt playing.. sounds kind of crazy... but i believe it... i am not saying that chiefs are better off without trent (that IS crazy).. but i do believe that tony just might have had his career resurected yesterday... at least until trent comes back

KCWolfman
09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Trent hit Gonzo early in the game too.

This offense hasn't changed in style, but with Jordan Black at RT, it's changed in substance.
That's what I saw. You can't make Filet Mignon out of hot dogs no matter how you attempt to cover it up.

morphius
09-11-2006, 11:06 AM
BF - Tony had 100 catches 2 years ago. The reason that people think he isn't getting the ball enough is because he doesn't pull in many TD's. But that had more to do with us being able to almost run the ball in at will once we got in the red zone, so why pass the ball at all?

Frosty
09-11-2006, 12:09 PM
I do think that Trent tends to look farther downfield first. Yesterday, on one of his sacks, he had LJ standing all alone in front of him, but held onto the ball instead, taking the sack. It was third and long but you don't know that LJ wouldn't have been able to make it.

I've never understood why most of Gonzo's routes are ones where he just runs to a spot and waits, at least under Al. Yesterday, it looked like they were trying to get him down the middle of the field more, so maybe that's changing.