PDA

View Full Version : Replace Solari ASAP!

petegz28
09-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't give a rat's ass what the situation there is NO EXCUSE for a OC to lose track of down and distance on offense. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS PAID TO MANAGE.

This guy made me nervous any ay because of the way he talked. He talekd the talk of a man who was just happy to get the promotion.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 09:34 AM
ROFL

This place can always be counted on for quality entertainment...

Reerun_KC
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Hey Hitsmaque. I thought I was the only quality entertainment?

Have i been replaced?

Archie Bunker
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm sure this kind of thing happens more often than people realize. I am willing to give Solari the benefit of the doubt for now.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey Hitsmaque. I thought I was the only quality entertainment?

Have i been replaced?

Hell no, you haven't been replaced.

This place has been a wayward home for idiots of all kinds for the better part of 4 years...

petegz28
09-11-2006, 09:36 AM
ROFL

This place can always be counted on for quality entertainment...

I am not saying to dump him today. I am saying we need to look for a OC that will at least know what down and distance he is calling his play for.

Part of it is on Herm for not telling him to pass too.

You have all those scoreboards and tvs right hter and you don't know what down and distacne you are calling your play for????

Unacceptable

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Absolutely unacceptable. I agree.

Calling for his head after 1 game? ROFL

jspchief
09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
I agree. We nee a Pro Bowl tackle on the right side too. Make it happen Carl! You have one week.

noa
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
That 3rd and 5 in the red zone was frustrating, but I was more frustrated by our 4th possession, where instead of pounding the ball and eating up clock to tie the game going into the half, we ran 3 pass plays for negative 15 yards and punted.

Chiefnj
09-11-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm confused more than normal.

All offseason I read about how Saunders was too damn cute and he passed the ball in the red zone when all he should have done was give the ball to the best back in the league and let him run.

Now, after week 1 with Solari - who gave the ball to the best back in the league, people are upset and think he should have passed the ball. Which is it? Run or pass in the redzone? Does it matter if Black was a revolving door in pass protection and the other linemen not much better?

rageeumr
09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm not buying it. I don't think that it is physically possible for an OC to not know the down and distance. I don't know what kind of drama is going on between Herm & Solari and the rest of the team, but I don't believe this "solari didn't know the down" BS.

petegz28
09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Absolutely unacceptable. I agree.

Calling for his head after 1 game? ROFL

Yes I am. LEt's face it he was put in the OC job cause he is "Trent Green-Offense" friendly.

Knowing the system and calling the plays are two seperate things.

When you are 3rd and 5 on the other team's 11 you CANNOT lose track of where you are.

Sorry that just raises a huge red flag. I would start looking for a longer term replacement now....if we get one by the end of the season great.

If Solari proves me wrong then I won't be mad.

Chiefnj
09-11-2006, 09:44 AM
That 3rd and 5 in the red zone was frustrating, but I was more frustrated by our 4th possession, where instead of pounding the ball and eating up clock to tie the game going into the half, we ran 3 pass plays for negative 15 yards and punted.

Going into that 4th possession - Green was 7 of 8 passing the ball. LJ had one nice 16 yard run at the start of the game, but then had only 13 yards on 7 carries. He had been held to under 2 yards on three other first down runs.

It wasn't completely idiotic to keep trying to move the ball in the air on that series.

Fish
09-11-2006, 09:45 AM
This guy made me nervous any ay because of the way he talked. He talekd the talk of a man who was just happy to get the promotion.

What?

Since he was happy he got a promotion, we should replace him after the first game??

What the hell are you smoking?

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm confused more than normal.

All offseason I read about how Saunders was too damn cute and he passed the ball in the red zone when all he should have done was give the ball to the best back in the league and let him run.

Now, after week 1 with Solari - who gave the ball to the best back in the league, people are upset and think he should have passed the ball. Which is it? Run or pass in the redzone? Does it matter if Black was a revolving door in pass protection and the other linemen not much better?

I hear ya.

Last week, everyone was bitching that Herm was gonna run LJ into the ground and ruin the offense.

Now they're bitching that we passed the ball too much...

petegz28
09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
What?

Since he was happy he got a promotion, we should replace him after the first game??

What the hell are you smoking?

Sorry I felt like he was just saying what he knew people wanted to hear. It's just a vibe I got from listening to him.

Ceej
09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Glad you felt it was necessary to start another thread about this pete, good work..

Whine more.

HC_Chief
09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
At least he admitted his mistake. That's a good sign: he took responsibility for his action and should not make the same mistake again.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Going into that 4th possession - Green was 7 of 8 passing the ball. LJ had one nice 16 yard run at the start of the game, but then had only 13 yards on 7 carries. He had been held to under 2 yards on three other first down runs.

It wasn't completely idiotic to keep trying to move the ball in the air on that series.

Bingo.

noa
09-11-2006, 09:49 AM

We needed to eat up clock and put together a sustained drive. On our first pass, we weren't even trying to move the ball up the field. It was just a short throw to Tony with the hopes that he could get a couple yards out of it (which he didn't). Why not give the ball to the best player on your team if you're only going for a couple yards? Once that Tony G play was a dud, then we should hvae run the ball and at least gained a couple yards so we could have a better shot at 3rd down.
One thing I hated about Saunders was 3-and-out possessions that were all passing plays. If we had Peyton Manning calling the offense, that's fine, but there is no excuse to do that with LJ on your team. The only way he is going to put together a 100 yard game is if you keep pounding away, not by abandoning the run on your 4th possession of the game.

DMAC
but I don't believe this "solari didn't know the down" BS.I don't either. That is just IMpossible if you ask me.

There is something else that they aren't telling us.

noa
Bingo.

Not bingo. Don't be an apologist for that series. That series really killed us.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Not bingo. Don't be an apologist for that series. That series really killed us.

Apologist?

That drive really killed us, yes it did.

But not gaining any yards on 1st down EVEN WHEN RUNNING THE BALL killed us more.

Chiefnj
09-11-2006, 09:58 AM
We needed to eat up clock and put together a sustained drive. On our first pass, we weren't even trying to move the ball up the field. It was just a short throw to Tony with the hopes that he could get a couple yards out of it (which he didn't). Why not give the ball to the best player on your team if you're only going for a couple yards? Once that Tony G play was a dud, then we should hvae run the ball and at least gained a couple yards so we could have a better shot at 3rd down.
One thing I hated about Saunders was 3-and-out possessions that were all passing plays. If we had Peyton Manning calling the offense, that's fine, but there is no excuse to do that with LJ on your team. The only way he is going to put together a 100 yard game is if you keep pounding away, not by abandoning the run on your 4th possession of the game.

Did you read my post? Going into that series the Chiefs were much more effective in the air than on the ground. Green was 7 of 8. LJ had been shut down on 1st down except for his first run.

Tony G is arguably the best player on the team and the best player yesterday on the team. Throwing him the ball hoping he can get a few yards makes sense.

They could have run the ball on 2nd down. The play they ended up with wasn't bad - single coverage on Kennison on a deep ball. A QB will take that any day of the week (single coverage on your best receiver way down the field).

noa
09-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Did you read my post? Going into that series the Chiefs were much more effective in the air than on the ground. Green was 7 of 8. LJ had been shut down on 1st down except for his first run.

Tony G is arguably the best player on the team and the best player yesterday on the team. Throwing him the ball hoping he can get a few yards makes sense.

They could have run the ball on 2nd down. The play they ended up with wasn't bad - single coverage on Kennison on a deep ball. A QB will take that any day of the week (single coverage on your best receiver way down the field).

The play they ended up with was a fake pass, fake hand off, sack.

Also, if your running back doesn't get off to a great start, you don't just abandon the run, especially when your RB is LJ and when you need to put together a drive that has to eat up some clock. Even if we only got into field goal range, it would at least put us in a much better position going into the half.

I understand that we wanted to stick with what is working, but you have to mix it up a bit. We can't become a one-dimensional team just because LJ didn't get off to a great start.

noa
09-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Apologist?

That drive really killed us, yes it did.

But not gaining any yards on 1st down EVEN WHEN RUNNING THE BALL killed us more.

Of course that killed us, but you have to stick with it. You can't just give up by the 4th possession of the game.

Garcia Bronco
09-11-2006, 10:06 AM
AS Madden always said..."You have to dance with who you brought to the dance.
"

Hound333
09-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I do agree that we became mostly a one trick pony for long stretches there. Most of the problem was that the line was terrible. He was completing short passes because he had to. We couldn't run anything past 15 yards because he was getting flushed. Once the defense realizes this they creep up to the line almost daring us to throw deep. Which we couldn't because you can't get down the field that far in 3 sec. With the secondary pulled up it makes it that much harder to run. This loss is squarely on the line.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Of course that killed us, but you have to stick with it. You can't just give up by the 4th possession of the game.

WE DID NOT GIVE UP ON THE RUN.

Did you even watch the game?

Playcalling is, in large part, dictated by down and distance. Had we run the ball more, as you suggest, you'd be here today bitching about how we ran the ball on obvious passing downs and were "too conservative".

King_Chief_Fan
09-11-2006, 10:12 AM
AS Madden always said..."You have to dance with who you brought to the dance.
"
yup
Plummer been stepping on your feet lately?

Iowanian
09-11-2006, 10:15 AM
You're a fuggin retard.

You don't just "replace" an OC in week 2 of the NFL season. You don't do that in Jr high with a 4 page playbook.

HRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

noa
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
WE DID NOT GIVE UP ON THE RUN.

Did you even watch the game?

Playcalling is, in large part, dictated by down and distance. Had we run the ball more, as you suggest, you'd be here today bitching about how we ran the ball on obvious passing downs and were "too conservative".

Yes, I watched the game. I wasn't saying that we gave up on the run in our game plan. I was saying that we gave up on the run during our 4th possession, when LJ didn't even touch the ball and we went three and out.

I'm only talking about one possession here. Playcalling is dictated by down and distance, but it is also dictated by what is going on in the game. On our 4th possession, we were down 10-3 with 5 minutes left in the half. It would have made a lot of sense to try to establish the run on this drive, eat up some clock, work our way down the field, and head into the half tied or at least only 10-6. Run the ball on first down, and then see what happens. When we didn't do that, we could have run the ball on second down to try to gain a few yards for 3rd down. We didn't do that either. We threw the ball on our first two plays, and then we had to throw it again on the third play because of the sack. Again, I'm not bitching about the overall game call, I'm just bitching about this one crucial possession, where we didn't care to include LJ in our plan. On that possession, yes, we did indeed abandon the run. That is abundantly clear.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes, I watched the game. I wasn't saying that we gave up on the run in our game plan. I was saying that we gave up on the run during our 4th possession, when LJ didn't even touch the ball and we went three and out.

I'm only talking about one possession here. Playcalling is dictated by down and distance, but it is also dictated by what is going on in the game. On our 4th possession, we were down 10-3 with 5 minutes left in the half. It would have made a lot of sense to try to establish the run on this drive, eat up some clock, work our way down the field, and head into the half tied or at least only 10-6. Run the ball on first down, and then see what happens. When we didn't do that, we could have run the ball on second down to try to gain a few yards for 3rd down. We didn't do that either. We threw the ball on our first two plays, and then we had to throw it again on the third play because of the sack. Again, I'm not bitching about the overall game call, I'm just bitching about this one crucial possession, where we didn't care to include LJ in our plan. On that possession, yes, we did indeed abandon the run. That is abundantly clear.

At the point that your "one possession" started, Trent Green was 7-8 passing and LJ had already been stuffed on 1st down 4 times. Like you yourself said, it's also dictated by "what is going on in the game".

Dave Lane
09-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I hear ya.

Last week, everyone was bitching that Herm was gonna run LJ into the ground and ruin the offense.

Now they're bitching that we passed the ball too much...

I think the reason we had to pass so much is the down 20-3 thing. Running LJ more might have been a better option with no OL except for the OLE at #65 but damn we just looked lost most of the game.

Dave

boogblaster
09-11-2006, 10:52 AM
well we didnt look ready..thats true..now we need to be ready for that kind of game planning..we'll miss Al for sure..he was and is one of the best..we still have talent..except at back-up QB..we need the kid to take more snaps with the 1st off. for sure..dont throw away every thing yet..this was a eye-opener ..now lets prepare and be ready... BOOG.....

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Gee, has everyone forgotten how Al Saunders was in his first couple of games calling the plays? Took him a month to realize what he had in Priest. Took him most of the year to realize the Chiefs WEREN'T the Rams and weren't ever going to be the Rams. Then the very next season he tries to open it up for the first month and puts the game squarely on a QB that became known as TrINT as a result before going back to Priest. It's awful easy to look back at how good Al was and forget the road he took in getting to that point.

Give Solari some time. Personally, I think he could be a nice blend of Al Saunders' calling without Al Suanders' cutsie stuff. Shoot, I was happy to NOT see the reverse called in every series for once. Besides, with the shape our OL is in, having a former O lineman as OC may not be a bad thing with the rebuilding that will need to happen on the line.

Phobia
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Solari may well be the very worst coordinator to ever coach in the NFL, but I'm thinking that we're not going to find out from some random moron on the internet after one game.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Gee, has everyone forgotten how Al Saunders was in his first couple of games calling the plays? Took him a month to realize what he had in Priest. Took him most of the year to realize the Chiefs WEREN'T the Rams and weren't ever going to be the Rams. Then the very next season he tries to open it up for the first month and puts the game squarely on a QB that became known as TrINT as a result before going back to Priest. It's awful easy to look back at how good Al was and forget the road he took in getting to that point.

Give Solari some time. Personally, I think he could be a nice blend of Al Saunders' calling without Al Suanders' cutsie stuff. Shoot, I was happy to NOT see the reverse called in every series for once. Besides, with the shape our OL is in, having a former O lineman as OC may not be a bad thing with the rebuilding that will need to happen on the line.

How could anybody forget?

This time 5 years ago, we were listening to people tell us that Tony Richardson was better suited to be our feature back than Priest Holmes...

ROFL

Eleazar
09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
This bears a remarkable resemblance to your Royals threads.