PDA

View Full Version : Ask Herm

Phobia
09-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Warpaint will have Herm Edwards as a guest on this week's podcast show. We're taking questions posted on our forum to him.

You can either view this as spam or as an opportunity to have your question read to Herm and answered. I don't really care how you choose to view it.

Here's the link: http://mb14.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=14758.topic

jspchief
09-11-2006, 12:47 PM
How does the play-calling work? What's the chain of command? Does the coordinator call the play down straight to the relay, or does it go through the HC?

Basically trying to get an idea if a particular bad play call falls squarely on the coord, or does the coach give his OK on them? when we do something like run on 3rd and 6, I'm curious if that's Herm or Solari.

Dave Lane
09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm wondering if he can recruit an assistant, a kaishkunin, so he can perform a highly ritualized performance of the fine art of Seppuku.

I'd be willing to become a premium member and subscribe to a pay-per-view event if he is.

Dave

HemiEd
09-11-2006, 01:19 PM
So Herm, how are things looking the last time you checked?

Dave Lane
09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm wondering if he can recruit an assistant, a kaishkunin, so he can perform a highly ritualized performance of the fine art of Seppuku.

I'd be willing to become a premium member and subscribe to a pay-per-view event if he is.

Dave

PS I'd volunteer to be his kaishkunin if he can't find one.

Dvae

DJJasonp
09-11-2006, 01:31 PM
"Herm, why didnt you just take a knee on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs to ensure 3 points on the board in the first quarter???"

LesterLyles
09-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Has Herm posed the theory yet that any kick can be considered a good possesion i.e. a FG or a punt is a good possesion? He actually said thisl last year and we just couldn't believe it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Herm. What's up with gettin all the Quarterbacks killed. It was three last year and 1 already this year ? Did you talk Roaf into retirement just so this could happen? Hell, Trent had a string of 81 consecutive games till you came along.

Coach
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Phobia, when is the deadline for this?

Just wondering.

Iowanian
09-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Ask this one Phil.

"When will the Chiefs coaching staff accept that hwy65 is not an NFL caliber OT and end that experiment?"

"when experiencing Oline problems and great pressure, why are the Chiefs so far, unable to refrain from 5-7 step drops, and switch to 3 step drops and quicker passes to protect the QB?"

"why is Kendrell Bell, who was vastly outplayed by Keyaron Fox the entire preseason, still starting at OLB"

SBK
09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Don't forget

Why in the name of Zeus's butthole did the Chiefs come out wearing white?

tommykat
09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Don't forget

That was our question, and all the people around us....Just said on the radio that it was a first.

Iowanian
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Thats covered shortbus.

Herm believed Heat would be an issue(often is in early sept in KC) and wanted Cinci in Black and the Chiefs in white to get that slight edge....he had to file weeks ahead of time for the Uni switch.

Turns out it wasn't hot, but if it had been 90degF....it might have been a good move.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Don't forget

Simply the best Qoute of the day!

I spit coke on the desk after this one!

KChiefsQT
09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Would you like me to step in as the offensive coordinator assistant? I sure as hell can tell you what down it is and how many yards we have to go.

Elvus
09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
My question for Germ Edwards:

If all the Chiefs fans in attandance at the next home game against the S.F. 49'ers chip in $5.00, will you go away? Hell, thats roughly $400K.... Please?

beavis
09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
My question for Germ Edwards:

If all the Chiefs fans in attandance at the next home game against the S.F. 49'ers chip in $5.00, will you go away? Hell, thats roughly $400K.... Please?
Sadly, we still have 3 to 4 more years of this nonsense before they will even think about dumping Herm.

Coach
09-11-2006, 04:57 PM
All right, I got one here, and I hope that this will be answered.

Herm, you talked about the importance of Time Of Possession (TOP) during training camp and pre-season. What I'm trying to understand is, why are we even worrying about it, considering the fact that the Chiefs explosive offense generated a 32:09 TOP, which is 3rd in the NFL last year, behind Dallas and Denver?

I understand that to help the defensive side of the ball, but isn't there a reasoning that maybe it has nothing to do with the offense at all, but more of the lack of talent on some areas on the defensive side of the ball, primarily the D-line, other than Allen?

|Zach|
09-11-2006, 05:02 PM
How does the play-calling work? What's the chain of command? Does the coordinator call the play down straight to the relay, or does it go through the HC?

Basically trying to get an idea if a particular bad play call falls squarely on the coord, or does the coach give his OK on them? when we do something like run on 3rd and 6, I'm curious if that's Herm or Solari.
I would love to hear that answered.

JBucc
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Herm, what is Jordan Black's address? Can I borrow a pipe bomb?

JohnnyJet
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Guaranteed Herm will pass the buck.

"That falls on the OC, DC, owner, ball boy, or the media not me."

the Talking Can
09-11-2006, 05:06 PM
only one important question: is Herm a premium member of WPI?

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Who decided that Jordan Black would play RT with his failure to play the position at a proficient level last season? Are their plans to move the line around example Shields at RT, because he's played it before and did a good job of it when John Tait was injured

09-11-2006, 05:12 PM

FYI..when herm was with the Jets..in crucial situations(red zone)the plays would have to go from the O/C to herm before the play would be called..henceforth all the confusion in critical situations..
dont know how it's set up with the Chiefs..

banyon
09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Herm, were you playing to win the game?

Phobia
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
only one important question: is Herm a premium member of WPI?

He is, but we comped him. He wanted to pay but Nick wouldn't let him. I say let him pay.

whoman69
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
All right, I got one here, and I hope that this will be answered.

Herm, you talked about the importance of Time Of Possession (TOP) during training camp and pre-season. What I'm trying to understand is, why are we even worrying about it, considering the fact that the Chiefs explosive offense generated a 32:09 TOP, which is 3rd in the NFL last year, behind Dallas and Denver?

I understand that to help the defensive side of the ball, but isn't there a reasoning that maybe it has nothing to do with the offense at all, but more of the lack of talent on some areas on the defensive side of the ball, primarily the D-line, other than Allen?
Herm never heard of the term 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.' The problem with the Chiefs was not the offense, but he came in here and tinkered with it, removing all effectiveness. I place the entire blame for the play calling on Herm because Solari is calling the game that Herm wants him to. Damn I wish we had taken the obvious step and made Saunders the HC.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Say Phil, when you talk to Herm, ask him if he needs an OT. If so, tell him to give me a call.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2006, 05:49 PM
He is, but we comped him. He wanted to pay but Nick wouldn't let him. I say let him pay.

Wow. I can't believe Herm actually cared enough about something like that. One would think he's got better things to do than surf some stupid message board.

Imon Yourside
09-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Herm is it possible you could trade yourself back to the Jets for a player/coach/waterboy to be named later?

JimNasium
09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Ask him if he likes pie.