PDA

View Full Version : Green out 2 games

KingPriest2
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Per ESPN

Red Dawg
09-11-2006, 01:04 PM
With Huard and the way the tackles looked those are two games we will lose.

KCDU
09-11-2006, 01:07 PM
2 games or 2 weeks?

Losing on a bye is hard to do, although I'm sure the Chiefs could figure a way to do it.

Hoover
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I think he starts week four.

The game vs the Broncos is huge. We need to find a way to win it.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Let's start Casey Printers. Send our receivers deep every play. Tell him to look deep first. If no one is open deep, look for gonzo over the middle. If he isn't open, dump it to LJ or run. It's time for the street-ball offense!!!

DMAC
09-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Could be much much worse

Mecca
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
We could possibly lose to the 49ers if he doesn't play....that would be ugly.

DMAC
09-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I am hoping we start Croyle, Croyle frikkin ROCKS, and we have a controversy in week 4.

FloridaMan88
09-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Can we get a clarification is that 2 GAMES or 2 WEEKS. Because remember the Chiefs have a bye after the Denver game so 2 GAMES would cover like 3 weeks

Red Dawg
09-11-2006, 01:17 PM
We will have to pound the ball hard straight into Denver's defense to have a shot at winning this game.

NaptownChief
I would imagine it is two weeks and return after the bye.......The early bye is quite a lucky break....espeically if it keeps him from missing just one game.

TEX
I'd keep him out longer if the Tackle play remains poor.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 01:18 PM
We will have to pound the ball hard straight into Denver's defense to have a shot at winning this game.

Denver will just stack the line so he'll have 0 holes to run through...they'll make Damon Huard beat them, think he can do that?

Wallcrawler
09-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Denver will just stack the line so he'll have 0 holes to run through...they'll make Damon Huard beat them, think he can do that?

Heh. What a joke that is. Huard cant even hang onto the ball, much less be an offensive threat.

bringbackmarty
09-11-2006, 01:24 PM
espn doesn't know, niether do the doctors, he is staying the night again tonight. I think he could be done. If they know anything, they aren't going to say until they sign someone else.

jiveturkey
09-11-2006, 01:25 PM
espn doesn't know, niether do the doctors, he is staying the night again tonight. I think he could be done. If they know anything, they aren't going to say until they sign someone else.
That's the spirit!

Hoover
09-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I think we need to give Haurd an Croyle equal snaps this week, if Haurd sucks it up, we put in the rookie.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 01:37 PM
If they put in Croyle behind that line they'll ruin him......he's also injury prone he'd probably get hurt.

StcChief
09-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Just run shot gun all the time to get extra .5 second.
QB or LJ side by side.

Fire Me Boy!
09-11-2006, 01:44 PM
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/kshb/nw_local_news/article/0,1925,KSHB_9424_4984595,00.html

Questionable for this week, but not likely.

Chieftain58
09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Our Offensive line is offensive!

Inspector
09-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Really need to get the QB (whoever it might be) some protection.

I always thought it was a good idea for the line to block people from killing the quarterback. The more I think about it, the more I still think that's a good idea.

FloridaMan88
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Here is the article from ESPN.com... and it says AT LEAST 2 games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2583312

Source: Chiefs' Green likely to miss at least two games

A source close to Trent Green told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the Chiefs quarterback will likely miss at least the team's next two games due to a concussion.

A CAT scan and MRI were both negative, but Green remains hospitalized.

A Chiefs spokesman had no comment.

Green was injured late in the third quarter of the Chiefs' 23-10 loss to the Bengals as he attempted a feet-first hook-slide. Cincinnati's Robert Geathers charged in and appeared to hit Green's head or chest with his shoulder, snapping his head back hard into the turf.

The shot caused even Geathers to pause. He stood on the Cincinnati sideline when play resumed 11 minutes later, re-entering the game a few plays later.

"It's an unfortunate situation and my prayers go out to his family and him and I hope he recovers," Geathers said. "We were just playing ball, flying around, and I know he understands that. He's played a long time."

Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said later that he thought Kansas City wide receiver Eddie Kennison pushed Geathers into Green, who was trying to slide for safety after scrambling on a broken play near the Chiefs' sideline.

No penalty was called on the play, and while Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said it looked like a helmet-to-helmet shot from his vantage point a few yards away, he had been advised not to comment on the officials' call.

"I'm not going into 'He said' or what they should have done," Edwards said.

The hit was viewed as a cheap shot by many in the Kansas City locker room, including defensive end Tamba Hali, who said referee Larry Nemmers told him no penalty was called because Gathers was airborne and unable to stop himself.

"This league is supposed to protect the quarterback," said Hali, shaking his head. "The comment from the ref was he was in the air. You can't have helmet-to-helmet because you can't control yourself in the air. But at least a call should have been made."

EMT35
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Here is the deal... You don't want to put him in this week. It is way to risky, get through this, till the bye weeek and hope the experience helps. I am a Broncos fan, and I know as well as you do that you are not/were not going to win this game. I am sure that you, just like me new that we would split again this year. Both teams are really good, and the homefield is what has been the difference. It would be alot worse if this was your home game against us... then we might have a chance to avoid our annual Arrowhead asswhooping.
Our idiot D coordinator will blitz all day anyway, so don't put green back there behind your O line until they can fix the problem in the bye week. Come thanksgiviing, your protection will be up to par and he will kick our ass again without any pressure from the browns up front

BigRock
09-11-2006, 02:15 PM
The question is whether Mortensen realizes the Chiefs have such an early bye week. Since that fact isn't mentioned at all, I'm guessing he doesn't.

Bob Dole
09-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Thank goodness we went ahead and created a sticky up top so we don't have 42 ****ing threads discussing the latest news on Green's status.

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Let's start Casey Printers. Send our receivers deep every play. Tell him to look deep first. If no one is open deep, look for gonzo over the middle. If he isn't open, dump it to LJ or run. It's time for the street-ball offense!!!

You know, this pains me, but with our OL, this ain't a bad plan.

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Here is the deal... You don't want to put him in this week. It is way to risky, get through this, till the bye weeek and hope the experience helps. I am a Broncos fan, and I know as well as you do that you are not/were not going to win this game. I am sure that you, just like me new that we would split again this year. Both teams are really good, and the homefield is what has been the difference. It would be alot worse if this was your home game against us... then we might have a chance to avoid our annual Arrowhead asswhooping.
Our idiot D coordinator will blitz all day anyway, so don't put green back there behind your O line until they can fix the problem in the bye week. Come thanksgiviing, your protection will be up to par and he will kick our ass again without any pressure from the browns up front

Well said and I agree.

KingPriest2
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
The question is whether Mortensen realizes the Chiefs have such an early bye week. Since that fact isn't mentioned at all, I'm guessing he doesn't.

He was TOLD 2 games not 2 WEEKS

chop
09-11-2006, 03:56 PM
NFL total access just reported that he was out this week and he will have the bye to get ready for the next week.

Edwards said he doesn't believe the hit was intentional.

chop
09-11-2006, 03:57 PM
They also said the Chiefs were not going to sign a QB. They already have three on the roster.