PDA

View Full Version : We Should re-acquire Todd Collins

FringeNC
09-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I think he's 3rd string in Washington. I think he's a lot better than Huard. Trade to the Redskins Huard and 6th round draft pick for Collins.

He knows the offense and could immediately play.

StcChief
09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't see odd Todd coming back....but stranger things have happened.

jspchief
09-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Trade a draft pick for a 3-4 game stop gap that is likely to be just as bad as the backups we have?

No thanks.

BigChiefFan
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Besides Huard's fumble, he had a decent game, IMO.

Fish
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Steve Bono is available!!

Something! Anything!! Implosion!!

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2006, 02:45 PM
Trade a draft pick for a 3-4 game stop gap that is likely to be just as bad as the backups we have?

No thanks.

Collins isn't a bad QB he's a system's guy who you could run this offense effeciently.

boogblaster
09-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Hell No Let the kid play before him..he never won a game for anybody..HELL NO......

noa
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Collins actually got promoted to the #2 QB in Washington. Jason Campbell must have made fun of Al Saunders for not being getting our head coaching job.

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Hell No Let the kid play before him..he never won a game for anybody..HELL NO......

"The kid" you speak of has injury problems of his own Collins is a safe solid pick. This reminds when people where bashing Trent when I was backing him up all the way :shake:

jspchief
09-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Collins isn't a bad QB he's a system's guy who you could run this offense effeciently.He's bad enough that he's done nothing but stand on the sidelines for the last 7 years and when he finally found a team other than the Chiefs who wanted him he went there to become 3rd string.

I don't buy that the difference between Huard and Collins is so big that it's worth a draft pick. It's not like this team is good enough to win games with a QB on cruise control.

Put Croyle in there. We didn't use a 3rd round pick to get a 3rd string player. It may not be the ideal way to go about it, but he's a hell of a lot more likely to create a spark than Todd Collins.

Skip Towne
09-11-2006, 03:02 PM
He's bad enough that he's done nothing but stand on the sidelines for the last 7 years and when he finally found a team other than the Chiefs who wanted him he went there to become 3rd string.

I don't buy that the difference between Huard and Collins is so big that it's worth a draft pick. It's not like this team is good enough to win games with a QB on cruise control.

Put Croyle in there. We didn't use a 3rd round pick to get a 3rd string player. It may not be the ideal way to go about it, but he's a hell of a lot more likely to create a spark than Todd Collins.
I think Croyle is at least as good as Huard with waaay more upside. But he is injury prone and might get broken in half behind this line.

TEX
09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
I think we should trade Chris Wilson for Todd Collins plus 4th - I mean A.S. just loved the guy... :shake:

jspchief
09-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I think Croyle is at least as good as Huard with waaay more upside. But he is injury prone and might get broken in half behind this line.Or he might just take a lot of hard hits and get through it. Green has been a rock for 5 years now, but all it takes is one hit.

We didn't draft this kid so we could wrap him in Charmin and hide him from injury in the equipment trunk. If he's so damn fragile that we can't play him, he has no business in the NFL. At least Croyle has a deep ball that can put some scare in defenses. No one's going to worry about Huard's ability to throw a 7 yard slant.

FringeNC
09-11-2006, 03:08 PM
He's bad enough that he's done nothing but stand on the sidelines for the last 7 years and when he finally found a team other than the Chiefs who wanted him he went there to become 3rd string.

I like Croyle, but I just don't think he's had time to absorb the offense. This is a complicated offense. I guess it all depends whether you believe Todd Collins is a significant upgrade of Huard, and I think he is.

sedated
09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Green has been a rock for 5 years now

...because he played behind the best OLine in football.

then he gets behind this abomination, and we saw what happens

I feel sorry for anyone who takes snaps in the shape the line is now, and I wouldn't want to throw a often-injured rookie QB (whose lack of size caused him to drop to the third round) back there.

ChiefsOne
09-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Besides Huard's fumble, he had a decent game, IMO.

I don't know what game you were watching, because I thought he sucked throughly. We could do no worse with Brodie and it would give him some real good experience.

FloridaMan88
09-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Todd Collins has a stronger arm and can get the ball downfield better than Huard can. I think he's an upgrade over Huard based on the fact Huard couldn't beat him out for the back-up spot when Collins was in KC.

If Trent is unable to come back for that 49ers game after the bye, I'd be for trying to trade for Collins

RealSNR
09-11-2006, 03:26 PM
As much as I love Odd Todd in a totally non-gay way, I'd have to say absolutely not. We let the guy go sign with someone else and remain content with Huard as our backup only to trade for Collins the exact same season when we're like, "Shit, Trent's gone and Huard sucks."

Dave Lane
09-11-2006, 03:28 PM
They aren't going to trade Collins as he will be responsible for helping learn the system. No way he gets traded for anything.

Dave

FloridaMan88
09-11-2006, 04:16 PM
They aren't going to trade Collins as he will be responsible for helping learn the system. No way he gets traded for anything.

Dave

At this point what else can he do to help them "learn the system".... hold the clipboard for Al Saunders?

burt
09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Hell No Let the kid play before him..he never won a game for anybody..HELL NO.....BOOG OUT.

FIXED YOUR POST.

DaFace
09-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Huard wasn't great, but he did get a 97.9 QB rating. I'm not thrilled about him being our only option, but there's no way we should be giving away draft picks for anyone else.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2006, 04:26 PM
No thanks.