PDA

View Full Version : Peterson pressing league about hit on Green

Mr. Laz
09-11-2006, 09:03 PM
POSTED 4:03 p.m. EDT, September 11, 2006

KING CARL GETTING CROWNED IN LEAGUE CIRCLES

In response to reports that Chiefs G.M. Carl Peterson plans to demand that the league office admit that the officials erred when not flagging Bengals defensive end Robert Geathers for an illegal hit to Chiefs quarterback Trent Green, a league source connected with neither team says that Peterson would be wise to pipe down.

"Peterson must not have looked at the replay of the hit on Green," the source said. "There was no helmet to helmet hit. His concussion was caused by his head hitting the ground. It was a clean hit."

The source went on to offer some general insights as to the opinions of Peterson within NFL circles. "There are many people in the league who can't stand King Carl," the source said. "He is a big blow hard and [a] baby. He cries all the time and most of the time it is completely off base. . . . One of the things people in the league can't stand is he makes everything public just to see his name in the paper instead of doing the right thing and going to the league privately. In short, the man is full of himself and it doesn't help his team."

Ouch.

There's also criticism of the new Chiefs coaching staff, which figures only to intensify in the wake of inconsistent excuses offered up for a misguided run call on a key third-and-five play when the Chiefs were in the Bengals' red zone on the second possession of the game. Tony Gonzalez says that first-time offensive coordinator Mike Solari thought that only two yards were needed; another player said that Solari thought it was second down.

One of the realities of the proliferation of the Madden game is that casual fans will have less and less tolerance for coaches who can't master simple aspects of the game like knowing the down and the distance. The fact that Chiefs chief Herm Edwards needed in New York an assistant for the sole purpose of helping with clock management makes the overall perception even worse, since most 10-year-olds have developed via Xbox and/or PS2 an innate sense of when to call a time out, and when to let the play clock run down to :01.

It won't get any easier for Edwards, at least for the next three weeks. Per ESPN.com, Green is expected to miss a minimum of two games due to the concussion that he suffered on Sunday. (The Chiefs have a bye in Week Three.) However, both the CAT scan and MRI were negative.

That's about the only positive to come out of the Chiefs' season debut

www.profootballtalk.com

JBucc
09-11-2006, 09:06 PM
I would love to know who said that. I'd buy them dinner.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2006, 09:09 PM
PFT is full of it. No one said that.

Halfcan
09-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I hated the play calling. I think we were outcoached.
That was a CHEAPSHOT!! Fug the Refs, they hate KC, always have, and azzfug us every single game. It is pretty obvious the NFL is rigged.

siberian khatru
09-11-2006, 09:10 PM

No kidding. My first thought was it sounded like the made-up quotes you insert in your stories.

blueballs
09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Jack Harry

Deberg_1990
09-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Bullshit....

headsnap
09-11-2006, 09:22 PM
did GeauxGhiefs fabricate these quotes?

keg in kc
09-11-2006, 09:27 PM
I've seen a number of flags thrown over the last few years for much less than that hit. Usually if the QB gets touched during a slide the flag flies. It was interesting hearing Theisman during tonight's first game talk about how much the NFL has focused on protecting defenseless players, particularly QBs. If that's really the case, there'll be a fine...

Straight, No Chaser
09-11-2006, 09:53 PM
It's quite possible someone who has never seen a real football wrote that.

09-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Hell, that looks like something they copied from our site regarding King Carl. No professional wrote that steaming pile crap.

Rausch
09-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Perhaps I wasn't the only guy watching a player go low the exact same time our QB took the slide.

You know, that movement that's supposed to make a QB immune to late hits.

KChiefs1
09-11-2006, 09:57 PM
So was the "miscommunication" that Herm was talking about mean the Solari didn't know what the hell was going on up in the booth?

pak1983
09-11-2006, 10:03 PM
its trash plain and simple, **** jordan black, **** carl peterson, **** herm edwards, and **** that shirting of these stupid ****ing pansies we call coordinators, eat shit and die with the white jerseys!

Rausch
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
its trash plain and simple, **** jordan black, **** carl peterson, **** herm edwards, and **** that shirting of these stupid ****ing pansies we call coordinators, eat shit and die with the white jerseys!

http://www.sek-c.com/upload/files/youre-retarded.jpg

Mr. Laz
09-12-2006, 10:32 AM
How do you know ...... were you there?

oh that's right, you edit bullshit for a living ..... so i guess you know it when you see it.

rich ... an athan-ite calling someone else full of it. ROFL

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 10:36 AM
It might have been believable had the unnamed source not referred to him as "King Carl".

It's BS.

hawkchief
09-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Sounds like a pretty accurate description of Carl IMO. Blow hard, baby, cries, likes to see his name in the paper (arrogant), usually completely off base i.e. more playoff teams so his team can finally get in. Might have been poorly written, but the guys' thoughts about Carl as a person are right on.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Sounds like a pretty accurate description of Carl IMO. Blow hard, baby, cries, likes to see his name in the paper (arrogant), usually completely off base i.e. more playoff teams so his team can finally get in. Might have been poorly written, but the guys' thoughts about Carl as a person are right on.

Of course it sounds like a pretty accurate description of Carl.

The problem is that it OBVIOUSLY did not come from a 3rd-part "not associated with either team".

Mr. Laz
09-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Of course it sounds like a pretty accurate description of Carl.

The problem is that it OBVIOUSLY did not come from a 3rd-part "not associated with either team".
where is the discription of the source ..... i must of missed it?

noa
09-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't understand why it all hinges on whether it was helmet to helmet. Green was sliding, which means he should automatically be protected from being hit. There are ways to avoid plowing the guys head into the ground, even if you get pushed from behind.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 10:48 AM
where is the discription of the source ..... i must of missed it?

Very first paragraph:

a league source connected with neither team says that Peterson would be wise to pipe down.

Mr. Laz
09-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Very first paragraph:

a league source connected with neither team says that Peterson would be wise to pipe down.
missed that "neither team"

is a fat,black beat writer for a kc newspaper connected to either team?

StcChief
09-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Let's call a spade-a-spade PFT can't stand King Carl They are their own un-named source.

greg63
09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
It might have been believable had the unnamed source not referred to him as "King Carl".

It's BS.

Yeah, everyone knows it's "Queen Carl".

Brock
09-12-2006, 10:56 AM
The league source calls it a clean hit. He also says we're trading a first round pick for Kyle Boller.

Bowser
09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I've seen a number of flags thrown over the last few years for much less than that hit. Usually if the QB gets touched during a slide the flag flies. It was interesting hearing Theisman during tonight's first game talk about how much the NFL has focused on protecting defenseless players, particularly QBs. If that's really the case, there'll be a fine...

I asked it in another thread, and I'll ask it here -

What would the ramifications been had Jared Allen gave the exact same hit, with the exact same results, to Carson Palmer?