PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL**Chris Simms is ghey thread.

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM
College tattoos keep Bucs QB, Texans assistant bonded for life

By JOHN MCCLAIN
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Chris Simms and Kyle Shanahan became such good friends at the University of Texas that they have their initials tattooed on each other's lower leg.

Simms, the Tampa Bay quarterback who will play briefly in tonight's preseason game against the Texans, enters the season as a starter for the first time since 2002, his last year with the Longhorns.

Shanahan, who was a quality control coach for the Buccaneers the last two years, is in his first season as the Texans' receivers coach.

"We're best friends, and we'll be best friends for life," Simms said about Shanahan this week. "We hit it off from day one. We had a common bond in that our fathers (former New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms and Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan) have been such a big part of the NFL for a long time.

"We talk at least once a week. We're obsessed with the game. We have a great love for football, and we're constantly talking about it."

Both players remember when they went with three other close friends and UT teammates — tight end Bo Scaife, defensive back Rod Babers and receiver Montrell Flowers — to get their tattoos.

"Kyle was a real wimp about it," Simms said. "He got a small one on his ankle. He was afraid his mom and dad would see it, so he keeps it hidden underneath his socks."

Shanahan has a different version of the experience in which each player got the initials of the other four tattooed on his lower leg.

"Let me tell you what really happened," Shanahan said. "Chris was dying to get a tattoo. When we got to the (tattoo parlor), I was the only one who already didn't have one. It wasn't any big deal for the others.

"I had to be a man about it. I got one out of loyalty to my buddies. Now, Chris, he got one the size of his calf, but I didn't want one that big because I didn't want to show off."

Indelibly inked
Before the Texans' kickoff luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Downtown on Wednesday, Shanahan lifted his pants leg to display the tattoo that binds him with his four close friends and former teammates.

"I met Chris for the first time right after I transferred to Texas (from Duke) in January (of 2000)," Shanahan said. "I was the new wide receiver, and one day I was in the dressing room. Chris came up, introduced himself and asked if I'd run some routes for him. I said, 'Sure.'

"Later, he invited me out to dinner. We hit it off immediately, and we've been best friends ever since."

When Simms was heavily criticized as a Longhorns quarterback who never did measure up the way UT fans demanded, Shanahan suffered with him.

"I'm so proud of Chris," Shanahan said. "He's one of the most mentally tough guys I've ever met. He experienced a lot of negativism in college, and I think it made him stronger and more determined.

"No matter what happened, no matter what was said about him, Chris always managed to stay focused."

DMAC
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Hooly Crap.

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 10:07 PM
NTTAWWT

listopencil
09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Mike Shannahan has some explaining to do.

BucEyedPea
09-11-2006, 10:16 PM
What is this?
I was just about to go to bed when I saw this on the front page.

This must explain his bad luck in big games when the pressure's on "ey?

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
What is this?
I was just about to go to bed when I saw this on the front page.

This must explain his bad luck in big games when the pressure's on "ey?

Actually, tatoos of loved ones tend to give men strength.
:p ROFL

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Queers & Steers in Texas? who would of thunk it ROFL

BucEyedPea
09-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Actually, tatoos of loved ones tend to give men strength.
:p ROFL
Well it certainly didn't do him any good yesterday!

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Well it certainly didn't do him any good yesterday!

Maybe Kyle and Chris (whose names together reek of gheyness) need to be physically close to one another.

Eleazar
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Thatth Thuper.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
This topic in general is pretty creepy.

58-4ever
09-11-2006, 10:27 PM
This topic in general is pretty creepy.

Creepy b/c you and your "friend" have eachother's initials on YOUR legs? Eeirily creepy?

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Creepy b/c you and your "friend" have eachother's initials on YOUR legs? Eeirily creepy?

.........I would never in a million years get anyones initials tatooed on myself......I especially wouldn't get a dudes initials tattoed on me.

leviw
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
"I was the new wide receiver, and one day I was in the dressing room. Chris came up, introduced himself and asked if I'd run some routes for him. I said, 'Sure.'

Kyle failed to metion the only route he ran that afternoon was the one right up Simms' poop shoot.

Rain Man
09-11-2006, 11:17 PM
.........I would never in a million years get anyones initials tatooed on myself......I especially wouldn't get a dudes initials tattoed on me.

What if his initials were M.O.M.? Would you do it then?