PDA

View Full Version : 18 Years Later, Are the Chiefs Any Closer To Winning the Super Bowl?

TEX
09-12-2006, 12:34 AM
I was wondering if the Chiefs are any closer now to winning the Super Bowl, than they were back when Peterson first took over? Back then, we were a bad team going in the right direction, and now it seems like we're just the opposite.

The success we enjoyed of at least making the playoffs in the '90's is losing its luster each year that we haven't made them this decade. Seems like it's all going the wrong way.

09-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Ummmmm, NO!

greg63
09-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Ummmmm, NO!

That about sums it up.

Wilson
09-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Just don't forget to keep Arrowhead packed and season tickets purchased to show Carl you're behind him 100%. If tickets are selling, there isn't anything wrong.

:thumb:

TEX
09-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Just don't forget to keep Arrowhead packed and season tickets purchased to show Carl you're behind him 100%. If tickets are selling, there isn't anything wrong.

:thumb:

And that remains the wildcard of the whole deal. Maybe Herm just might do the trick. :hmmm:

Smed1065
09-12-2006, 12:58 AM
I will send you the bill for my therapy. It is a 5 year plan. It is a 5 year plan. It is a 5 year plan to the third degree...

They have been sale-outs. Oh the fans-Ah yes they are our concern, at least getting it full- thats why I am KING...I did pick LJ once in 18 years. I am KING. spend money for T-Rich, we do not use him more than 500,000 dollars worth. Willie is just joking, heck he made Shields commit. He is just gambling and moving to Vegas, he will come when I call but get that TE Turley just in case. We are set.

Rut Roh, he left us hanging, glad we got Turley for LT. Go CP.

Abba-Dabba
09-12-2006, 01:06 AM
No.

I will never put my faith in a Carl Peterson team ever again. Never again will I purchase merchadise, never will I attend a game as long has he is in KC. Doing so only prolongs his stay.

18yrs into a 5yr plan is long enough to realize it just isn't working.

KCWolfman
09-12-2006, 02:44 AM
No.

I will never put my faith in a Carl Peterson team ever again. Never again will I purchase merchadise, never will I attend a game as long has he is in KC. Doing so only prolongs his stay.

18yrs into a 5yr plan is long enough to realize it just isn't working.
You realize by watching you are helping the Neilsens and possibly increasing viewership and sales?

Abba-Dabba
09-12-2006, 03:06 AM
You realize by watching you are helping the Neilsens and possibly increasing viewership and sales?

You realize by making assumptions you usually end up biting yourself in the ass?

I didn't watch the game, nor will I any future games until Carl is gone.

hawkchief
09-12-2006, 04:38 AM
You realize by making assumptions you usually end up biting yourself in the ass?

I didn't watch the game, nor will I any future games until Carl is gone.

I'd believe the Iraqi Minister of Information before I believe a word out of pompous Carl Peterson's mouth. He's a snake oil salesman, and we would be better off if he took the millions he has milked out of our fanbase and went away.

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Nope.

Inspector
09-12-2006, 07:35 AM
This is our year!!

WOO-HOO!!!

Go Chiefs!!

HC_Chief
09-12-2006, 07:39 AM
no

Dave Lane
09-12-2006, 07:45 AM
ROFL ROFL

Dave

TEX
09-12-2006, 08:02 AM
I'd believe the Iraqi Minister of Information before I believe a word out of pompous Carl Peterson's mouth. He's a snake oil salesman, and we would be better off if he took the millions he has milked out of our fanbase and went away.

ROFL

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:06 AM
So is it Carl Peterson's fault that we've wallowed in mediocrity for 17 years?

Or is it the fault of Lamar Hunt? Carl Peterson is the Marty Schottenheimer of GMs, and Hunt is the guy that's inked him to what will amount to over two decades of this shit.

Carl Peterson was the problem 10 years ago. The real problem now is an apathetic absentee owner that allows Peterson to keep the job.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure we were ever close to winning the Super Bowl in the 1st place...

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2006, 08:18 AM
So is it Carl Peterson's fault that we've wallowed in mediocrity for 17 years?

Or is it the fault of Lamar Hunt? Carl Peterson is the Marty Schottenheimer of GMs, and Hunt is the guy that's inked him to what will amount to over two decades of this shit.

Carl Peterson was the problem 10 years ago. The real problem now is an apathetic absentee owner that allows Peterson to keep the job.

abso frigging lutely. Hopefully Lamar will turn this over to his kids and they will be smart enough to fire the guy.

DMAC
09-12-2006, 08:20 AM
It is a 5 year plan. It is a 5 year plan. It is a 5 year plan to the third degree...

Wicky Wicky Wicky Wicky Dumm Dichy Dumm. Yeahhh.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah Lamar is going to fire the guy that took his piece of shit franchise of the late 70s and 80s and made it into one of the best franchises in the NFL. And I'm not a Peterson fan by no means.

HC_Chief
09-12-2006, 08:24 AM
That's Lamar's MO: hire a shitty GM and keep him for waaaaaaaay too long. See: Jack Steadman.

stevieray
09-12-2006, 08:25 AM
absentee owner

IMO, this is a huge mitigating factor.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Yeah Lamar is going to fire the guy that took his piece of shit franchise of the late 70s and 80s and made it into one of the best franchises in the NFL. And I'm not a Peterson fan by no means.Using that logic, Marty should still be our Head Coach too.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Lamar is not an absentee owner. He might not live here in KC but he is at the pulse of the whole organization. Some of you have no f***ing clue.

stevieray
09-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Lamar is not an absentee owner. He might not live here in KC but he is at the pulse of the whole organization. Some of you have no f***ing clue.

Of cousre he is the pulse, but it's human nature to take advantage of situation such as this.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Lamar is not an absentee owner. He might not live here in KC but he is at the pulse of the whole organization. Some of you have no f***ing clue.So you think he's just apathetic then?

How else can you explain keeping a GM who's brought us one play-off win in 17 years and one play-off appearance in the last 10 years?

burt
09-12-2006, 08:42 AM
So you think he's just apathetic then?

How else can you explain keeping a GM who's brought us one play-off win in 17 years and one play-off appearance in the last 10 years?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
the seats are full, merchandising is very high...as long as the Chiefs are this profitable...why change???

DMAC
09-12-2006, 08:44 AM

How else can you explain keeping a GM who's brought us one play-off win in 17 years and one play-off appearance in the last 10 years?It's all our fault really, we continue to be fans and sell out the stadium every week.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 08:47 AM
I see it as a business not just some little toy that alot of you do.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:50 AM
In the grand scheme of things, the fans are ultimately to blame. Not only do we show up every Sunday, we pass taxes that build them a new stadium.

Doesn't change the fact that there is some owner's apathy here. There are a lot of other owners that have full stadiums, but you don't see them settling for 17 years of mediocrity.

I respect what Lamar Hunt has done for the league and the city of Kansas City, but he's on his way to being another ineffective owner like Ralph Wilson or Al Davis. The NFL is moving at light speed, and Lamar Hunt can't keep up.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM
In the grand scheme of things, the fans are ultimately to blame. Not only do we show up every Sunday, we pass taxes that build them a new stadium.

Doesn't change the fact that there is some owner's apathy here. There are a lot of other owners that have full stadiums, but you don't see them settling for 17 years of mediocrity.

I respect what Lamar Hunt has done for the league and the city of Kansas City, but he's on his way to being another ineffective owner like Ralph Wilson or Al Davis. The NFL is moving at light speed, and Lamar Hunt can't keep up.

Do you always know that its basically Clark Hunt running the show now?

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:52 AM
I see it as a business not just some little toy that alot of you do.Yea, because guys like Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder don't make any profits.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:53 AM
Do you always know that its basically Clark Hunt running the show now?If it was Clark that chose to re-sign Peterson for another 4 years, then he's as apathetic as his father.

Otter
09-12-2006, 08:57 AM

So, tell us oh might Chiefs Country, when is it OK for the fans to expect either a change or some post-season success?

jspchief
09-12-2006, 08:58 AM
So, tell us oh might Chiefs Country, when is it OK for the fans to expect either a change or some post-season success?Don't be stupid. Fans should root for the bottom line on the books, not the team on the field.

Skip Towne
09-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Peterson's goals are not the same as those of the fanbase. It's that simple. Peterson is an executive who is doing what he is paid to do. If the team wins as well we are all happy.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2006, 09:05 AM
WE WILL WIN THIS YEAR!!! WE ARE SUPER BOWL BOUND!!! CARL RULES!!! MEDIOCRITY RULES!!!

(jumps off bridge)

StcChief
09-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Why do threads like this come up when we all know the answer. :rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2006, 09:07 AM
There really is no use for these threads, I agree. They just remind us that we, once again, won't sniff the Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs, for another year.

It's fun to watch though!! Thanks Carl and Lamar!!

jspchief
09-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Why do threads like this come up when we all know the answer. :rolleyes:We could always have a "Move Jason Dunn to Tackle!!!" thread instead. :(

TEX
09-12-2006, 09:11 AM

You just might be correct. I know Peterson got allot of run for the Chiefs having the 3rd best record in the NFL in the '90's and qualifyiing for the playoffs 6 or 7 times that decade, but his record this decade is making that seem like a long time ago, and as time passes it actually is. However, what has remained constent has been ticket sales. :hmmm:

TEX
09-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Why do threads like this come up when we all know the answer. :rolleyes:

Because, the obvious often times gets overlooked.

TEX
09-12-2006, 09:14 AM
There really is no use for these threads, I agree. They just remind us that we, once again, won't sniff the Super Bowl, let alone the playoffs, for another year.

It's fun to watch though!! Thanks Carl and Lamar!!

Now come on Cody - remember all those Corey Dillon threads we all had to endure years ago? :doh!:

gblowfish
09-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Dear Greatest Fans in the NFL:

I find this thread somewhat disturbing, and I must say, it hurts my feelings. I am by nature a sensitive, gentle, nurturing kind of guy. As I have said over and over again, my five year plan is really not a five year plan. It's a continuing work in progress, and I won't stop until the job is done. And I'm proud of my many accomplishments in my 18 years as President/GM/CEO/LTGMIPS:

• Sellouts Sellouts Sellouts! You see a sea of red. I see a sea of green.
• Corporate sponsorships for everything: My morning constitutional is now brought to you by Charmin, official TP of the Kansas City Chiefs.
• Merchandising: For your clothing, home, car, pets and workplace. Now everything you own can be officially logoed and licensed Chiefs merchandise!
• Quality Coaching: Over my tenure, I've employed brilliant, playoff and super bowl bound coaches like Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher. Look at how successful they've been, all because I gave them their big break.
• Quality Players: Guys like John Tait, Joe Horn, Ryan Lilja and others, who are top line NFL players on up and coming playoff contenders.
• A new Arrowhead Stadium: With luxurious suites and offices so we can compete with other elite NFL franchises to be number one in amenities.
• The Fans: I promise the nachos will continue to be the NFL's cheesiest. This is my pledge to you, the greatest fans in the NFL.

I pledge to continue working just as hard as I ever have to deliver a quality game day experience, and do my level best for the Hunt Family.

Now go out there and buy up those December games, so we can keep our sellout streak alive, because the real fans are in the seats - but you didn't hear that from me. Just a little Arrowhead office humor. Heh...

Your Pal,
Carl Delano Peterson
LTGMIPS

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Now come on Cody - remember all those Corey Dillon threads we all had to endure years ago? :doh!:

Corey, at the time, would've been a great addition, thank you very much. And a chance to win :harumph:

Bitching won't.

Simplex3
09-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah Lamar is going to fire the guy that took his piece of shit franchise of the late 70s and 80s and made it into one of the best franchises in the NFL. And I'm not a Peterson fan by no means.
This post only works if you assume that "best" = "most profitable". The Chiefs haven't been one of the best, the best have won the f**king Super Bowl at least once, some more than once.

burt
09-12-2006, 09:51 AM
This post only works if you assume that "best" = "most profitable". The Chiefs haven't been one of the best, the best have won the f**king Super Bowl at least once, some more than once.

We haven't even sniffed the Super Bowl.... that means we ARE NOT one of the "best".... We are kinda like the Chicago Cubs of the NFL

Simplex3
09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
We haven't even sniffed the Super Bowl.... that means we ARE NOT one of the "best".... We are kinda like the Chicago Cubs of the NFL
That's actually a great analogy, IMO. A fan base that thinks way more of the team than the facts support, one good run in the last 25 years that came up short because of one play.

kcxiv
09-12-2006, 09:56 AM
I was wondering if the Chiefs are any closer now to winning the Super Bowl, than they were back when Peterson first took over? Back then, we were a bad team going in the right direction, and now it seems like we're just the opposite.

The success we enjoyed of at least making the playoffs in the '90's is losing its luster each year that we haven't made them this decade. Seems like it's all going the wrong way. Have you seen us win a play off game in the last 10 years? that should answer your question.

cdcox
09-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Obviously, yes.

We are 18 years closer.

ChiTown
09-12-2006, 10:26 AM
SSDY

:banghead:

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 11:10 AM
No.

18yrs into a 5yr plan is long enough to realize it just isn't working.Funny Lamar doesn't feel that way?

ChiTown
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Funny Lamar doesn't feel that way?

Lamar doesn't feel that way because he's making a chitpotfull of cash. Money can forgive a lot of sins......and CP has done a masterful job of developing the KCC's into a money machine.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 11:53 AM
I know I have sports management classes and in the different publications that make you read which is the insider magazines for the industry the Chiefs are thought of as a top 5 organization. Thats in all phases of it. Take it for what you guys believe but I will trust the people in the business instead.

jspchief
09-12-2006, 11:59 AM
I know I have sports management classes and in the different publications that make you read which is the insider magazines for the industry the Chiefs are thought of as a top 5 organization. Thats in all phases of it. Take it for what you guys believe but I will trust the people in the business instead."Fans don't know what fans want. Businessmen know what fans want."

Nzoner
09-12-2006, 12:01 PM

[Carl Peterson] Actually if you were still a real fan you'd remember it was 2 play-off wins[/Carl Peterson]

Bowser
09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
[Carl Peterson] Actually if you were still a real fan you'd remember it was 2 play-off wins[/Carl Peterson]

coughcough*three*cough

Nzoner
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
coughcough*three*cough

[Carl Peterson]Of course I was just testing you,hell I'm Carl Peterson,I'm never wrong[Carl Peterson]

beavis
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Lamar doesn't feel that way because he's making a chitpotfull of cash. Money can forgive a lot of sins......and CP has done a masterful job of developing the KCC's into a money machine.
You know, I was thinking about this earlier today. I think Carl probably gets a lot more credit than he deserves in this area. I mean, how hard is it really to turn a profit with an NFL franchise these days? Are there any that aren't making boatloads of cash?

Mecca
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
It's pretty simple as has been said Lamar cares about the bottom line nothing else. You want him to take notice and get rid of Carl....don't go to games. That stadiums half full Lamar will take notice then.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 01:22 PM
It's pretty simple as has been said Lamar cares about the bottom line nothing else. You want him to take notice and get rid of Carl....don't go to games. That stadiums half full Lamar will take notice then.Lamar let many seasons of half full stadiums go by before meaningfull leadership was brought into KC.

Mecca
09-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Lamar let many seasons of half full stadiums go by before meaningfull leadership was brought into KC.

Apparently we are just screwed then......but as long as that stadium is full we have no chance for change at all.

Baby Lee
09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Using that logic, Marty should still be our Head Coach too.
SOLD!!! :D

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 02:07 PM
SOLD!!! :D

****ER!

NJ Chief Fan
09-12-2006, 02:16 PM
kansas city chiefs and super bowl go hand and hand like fun and vomit

ChiTown
09-12-2006, 02:20 PM
kansas city chiefs and super bowl go hand and hand like fun and vomit

Like a bowl full of Cracker Jacks and thumb tacks............

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Unless you actually have a Nielsen box, your personal viewership doesn't affect the ratings.