PDA

View Full Version : Herm with a backup QB

hoobash
09-12-2006, 10:55 AM
You guys think things are bad now wait until you see how herm handles a backup qb. He gets even more conservative. Just ask brooks bollinger. He handcuffed him so bad. You would prob be better off just giving the ball to larry johnson.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-12-2006, 10:56 AM
I hate New York

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 10:58 AM
With the exception of the drive that ended in a field goal, Bob Dole didn't consider last week's game all that "conservative".

Reerun_KC
I hate Herm Edwards. Well hate is a pretty strong word, I just wish he was screwing up someone else team but ours.

nmt1
You guys think things are bad now wait until you see how herm handles a backup qb. He gets even more conservative. Just ask brooks bollinger. He handcuffed him so bad. You would prob be better off just giving the ball to larry johnson.

Your and idiot.

Brock
09-12-2006, 11:00 AM
You would prob be better off just giving the ball to larry johnson.

That's a pretty good idea no matter who your QB is.

kcxiv
He needs to get more conservative. Thats the only way we will win against Denver in Denver. Smash mouth the **** outta Denver. Thats the only way we stand a chance. Run run run playaction, run run run play action. rinse and repeat.

Coach
hoobash,

Bollinger = rookie
Turd = veteran

See the difference?

STFU n00b.

StcChief
09-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Hey NY....Difference here??? Bollinger drafted in 2003. 6th round.

Huard has been around with serveral teams. And didn't do that bad considering rain, were down 2 scores.
96 rating.

TrickyNicky
09-12-2006, 11:04 AM
I say on passing downs just take three steps and dump to Tony. He's good for 8 yds nine times out of ten.

Otter
09-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Hoobash,

We're going to need you to drive around North Camden after mindnight tonight on an empty tank of gas while yelling "I just won the lottery you scumbags".

K, thanks

RealSNR
09-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Brooks Bollinger went to my high school.

Seriously, he did.

Fire Me Boy!
09-12-2006, 11:22 AM
How about we direct snap to Larry Johnson. Occasionally, to keep defenses off track, LJ can hand off to Damon Huard for a pass. Then we can fake the LJ handoff to Huard and invent the play action run!

:D

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
I say on passing downs just take three steps and dump to Tony. He's good for 8 yds nine times out of ten.

3 steps? Where is he going to get all that time?

One step and fling it out to whichever WR isn't being pressed.

TrickyNicky
09-12-2006, 11:31 AM
3 steps? Where is he going to get all that time?

One step and fling it out to whichever WR isn't being pressed.
Our WR's don't have the hands for that. They have to stop, turn towards the QB and catch it in the gut. Come on, man.

elvomito
09-12-2006, 11:33 AM
if we could graft casey printers' legs onto huard, we'd be ok.
this is no longer a haven for pocket passers

Wile_E_Coyote
09-12-2006, 11:33 AM
make Jordan Black an eligible receiver

isired
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
bollinger was not our backup, he was our 3rd, and really the equiv. of our 4th QB, as evidenced by our rush to get another once it was clear he would have to play for an extended time. you're not gonna have a marginal nfl talent (at best) come in and run your whole playbook.

much as i think herm was a bad coach for us, you can't point to his handling of bollinger or the team with bollinger as an example. that's actually a better example of herm's strength - he had bollinger playing his ass off, and the team (or what was left of it) playing hard for him. the guy was running around, pumping his fist, rallying guys. the losses to new england at home and miami on the road may be better examples than the win in buffalo or the 'thrown' game in oakland... the team was trying desperately to get bolly those wins...

Fire Me Boy!
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
make Jordan Black a speed bump at Oak Park Mall.
I fixed your post.

hoobash
09-12-2006, 11:36 AM
You guys can call me names all you want. I have watched herm for 5 years. He will have huard on a short leash. Herm is very predictable. I feel sorry for guys getting stuck with herm I know you love your team

Wile_E_Coyote
09-12-2006, 11:38 AM
how did you enjoy pitty last season

Chief Faithful
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
You guys can call me names all you want. I have watched herm for 5 years. He will have huard on a short leash. Herm is very predictable. I feel sorry for guys getting stuck with herm I know you love your team

That Herm chip on your shoulder must really suck.

What Herm did was get your team to the playoffs 3 of 5 years with poor talent and bad coordinators in a tough division. Too bad you couldn't enjoy the good through all the hate.

greg63
09-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Brooks Bollinger went to my high school.

Seriously, he did.

:nosmilie:

jspchief
09-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm just glad New Jersey Jets fans are compassionate enough to come in and prepare us.

Without their warnings, I would have gone into this week thinking we wouldn't even miss Trent Green.

Dartgod
09-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Could we just f***ing ban every NY Jets fan before another one comes in here and tells us how Herm is going to ruin our team? This is getting ridiculous!

SPchief
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM

Really? He is going to keep a guy who has played once since 2000 on a short leash. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

ILikeBigTiddys
09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I kind of enjoy the Jets' fans. They kind of funny and they know Herm from experience. We need to quit being such Homers.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
I say on passing downs just take three steps and dump to Tony. He's good for 8 yds nine times out of ten.Or screen to LJ, or, rolling pockets to buy time, and unload deep on first down once in a while to stretch the D.

RealSNR
09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
I kind of enjoy the Jets' fans. They kind of funny and they know Herm from experience. We need to quit being such Homers.I welcome fans from other teams, as long as they aren't douchebags.

One Jets fan telling us Herm horror stories was enough. This is like the 10th one to visit in the past week. Getting annoyed isn't being a homer, dickwad

morphius
09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Huard probably needs to be on a short leash, he isn't very good. It is not Paul Hackett running this offense, we all knew how much he sucked long before the Jets brought him in...

Wile_E_Coyote
09-12-2006, 12:11 PM
last time Trent Green missed a regular season game he got a ring at the end of the season. History doesn't always repeat itself, circumstances change

JBucc
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I wonder, did any of you guys go over to warn Chargers fans about Marty? Oh that's right Chargers fans didn't exist when Marty first got there.

ILikeBigTiddys
09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Nothing wrong with being a homer but we're blasting someone who just joined. You need to wash the sand out of your gine.

isired
09-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Huard probably needs to be on a short leash, he isn't very good. It is not Paul Hackett running this offense, we all knew how much he sucked long before the Jets brought him in...
where were you when we needed your warnings about hackett?!?!?

i agree with you guys here, i think my fellow jets fan is off base. the reasons herm did a poor job had nothing to do with the injury bug that bit us last season. i wouldn't be surprised if he has the team rallying behind huard. and has him on a short leash. what should he do, throw the ball 65 times? you'd have the element of surprise on your side there, i'll say that.

DaFace
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Could we just f***ing ban every NY Jets fan before another one comes in here and tells us how Herm is going to ruin our team? This is getting ridiculous!

I'm beginning to agree with this. I'm all for tolerant mods, but having to sort through 3 or 4 threads like this each day is really getting old. So count me in as a vote to ban Jets trolls on sight from here on.

Dartgod
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Nothing wrong with being a homer but we're blasting someone who just joined. You need to wash the sand out of your gine.Right, because retards like JohnnyJet provide soooo much to this forum.
TOLD YA HERM WOULD RUIN YOUR OFFENSE

I just wanted to be the first Jet fan that says I told ya so.

Hope Trent is OK, if hes smart he'll stay out a while so Herm gets another QB killedhttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3409950#post3409950

RealSNR
09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Nothing wrong with being a homer but we're blasting someone who just joined. You need to wash the sand out of your gine.Say you have an enormous visible cancerous growth on your face and every day 10-20 random strangers walk up to you and say, "that looks disgusting. You should see a doctor." I'll bet you would get annoyed. According to you, you're also being a homer

ILikeBigTiddys
09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I'll admit to it that I'm a homer. I think the chiefs and KU are going to win it all every year. But I dont rip them until they talk some serious shit.

MOhillbilly
09-12-2006, 12:33 PM
blah- i still say herms brain goes to mush when the pressures on.

Lzen
09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
:clap: :clap:

RealSNR
09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I'll admit to it that I'm a homer. I think the chiefs and KU are going to win it all every year. But I dont rip them until they talk some serious shit.I'm ripping them because there's too ****ing many of them, not because they talk shit.

Do you read anything that's posted here?

morphius
09-12-2006, 01:12 PM
where were you when we needed your warnings about hackett?!?!?

i agree with you guys here, i think my fellow jets fan is off base. the reasons herm did a poor job had nothing to do with the injury bug that bit us last season. i wouldn't be surprised if he has the team rallying behind huard. and has him on a short leash. what should he do, throw the ball 65 times? you'd have the element of surprise on your side there, i'll say that.
We were just in too much shock to even make coherent sentences...

...or we were laughing too hard to speak, can't remember which and probably a bit of both.

I still have nightmares about 3rd an 8 and then passing to Kimble Anders out of the backfield for the 538th time, and it still only getting 6 or 7 yards. God were we happy when he was gone.

RealSNR
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM

...or we were laughing too hard to speak, can't remember which and probably a bit of both.

I still have nightmares about 3rd an 8 and then passing to Kimble Anders out of the backfield for the 538th time, and it still only getting 6 or 7 yards. God were we happy when he was gone.We got more of the same with Raye when we ran it up the middle with Shehee on 3rd and 6

Piper
09-12-2006, 01:29 PM

I still have nightmares about 3rd an 8 and then passing to Kimble Anders out of the backfield for the 538th time, and it still only getting 6 or 7 yards. God were we happy when he was gone.
Hacketts version of that in NY was a draw play to Curtis Martin ...

BTW Raye is still in NY

FloridaMan88
09-12-2006, 01:30 PM

Doesn't take a genius to figure out having the likes of a Brooks Bollinger or a Damon Huard winging the ball 40 times isn't the best way to win a game so of course the offense is going to become more conservative DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GreenMachine
09-12-2006, 01:39 PM
hoobash,

Bollinger = rookie
Turd = veteran

See the difference?

STFU n00b.
Bollinger was not a rookie last year. He was drafted in 2003.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 01:43 PM
blah- i still say herms brain goes to mush when the pressures on."I don't buy into that."

jlscorpio
09-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Direct snap to LJ/Bennett...I LIIIIKE IT!!!

Chief Faithful
09-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Alright, I think I understand now, when Brooks Bollinger becomes the Chiefs starting QB the Chiefs will suck because Herm sucks. Is that the point of this thread?

GreenMachine
09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
No...But I bet Herm has Testaverde on speed dial

Inspector
09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
How about we direct snap to Larry Johnson. Occasionally, to keep defenses off track, LJ can hand off to Damon Huard for a pass. Then we can fake the LJ handoff to Huard and invent the play action run!

:D

Hey!!!

I like this idea.

Ever considered an exciting career in offensive coordinating? Yes, you too can enjoy the thrill, the excitement and the big paychecks that go along with this opportunity.

I can be the guy who paints the stripes.

Fire Me Boy!
09-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Hey!!!

I like this idea.

Ever considered an exciting career in offensive coordinating? Yes, you too can enjoy the thrill, the excitement and the big paychecks that go along with this opportunity.

I can be the guy who paints the stripes.
I'm all over it!

I make this vow to you: I will never forget what down and distance it is.