PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Denver game.

Wa-Z
09-12-2006, 02:34 PM
We should come out Sunday and pound and pound and pound the ball with LJ - just like San Diego did last night. Play smart Defense, which I'm not worried about. If we fall behind against Denver on Sunday we're ****ed - with Huard at the helm and our OL in shambles I don't think there's a way we could catch up on a 10 - 14 pt deficit.

Just like everyone said, we were fine until Dante fumbled against Cinci. Had he not fumbled the ball our O would've had the ball and pounded the ball to score or get better field position.

I'm marking this game down as a loss - but should we win that would be how. I should be the coach this weekend. :p :p

Wa-Z
09-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Unless Plummer wants to win it for us.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I think we need to do the best we can to jump all over that offense from the start of the game. We do that first by being prepared for the goddamned mother****ing bootleg. Bring the blitz and try and get Plummer into St Louis mode. If we can do that, we got a shot. I think we know before the first 15 minutes are up whether or not we can win. Slim pickens, but probably our best chance.

Baby Lee
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I think we need to do the best we can to jump all over that offense from the start of the game. We do that first by being prepared for the goddamned mother****ing bootleg. Bring the blitz and try and get Plummer into St Louis mode. If we can do that, we got a shot. I think we know before the first 15 minutes are up whether or not we can win. Slim pickens, but probably our best chance.
Somebody on the D needs a full week of Leonard Little lessons.
Strap 'em down and show 'em game film Clockwork Orange style.

Psyko Tek
09-12-2006, 03:33 PM
I wanna see Pollard meet Jake onna blitz, during a bootleg, and Blow his ass up

keg in kc
09-12-2006, 03:35 PM
I think we're going to win.

I don't recall ever thinking we'd win in Denver before. The NFL is a screwy league, and I think we might see why next Sunday.

Warrior5
09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
The classic David vs. Goliath game. Sure $ is on the stinkin', cheatin', cut-blocking Donks against our woeful O-line and thrown-in-the-breech Damon Huard.

Gun:
- They will bootleg, so just inactivate Hicks right now.
- Your defense will have to score for the Chiefs to even sniff a chance of stealing a W.
- Your secondary must kill Donk receivers; you have to win a battle of attrition.
- Plant "Pron-stache Plummer" on his head, shoulders, and butt, in that order.
- "Help us Obi Gun Kenobi; you're our only hope."

Solari:
- Whoever you start at RT, tell him before the game that you will castrate him for any false start. Even though Donk fans will have their mouths full of sushi and low-fat latte, they will be loud.
- Mix up the play-calling, but don't get cute; you've got nothing to lose.

STs:
- Dante: catch the ball first; then you can do that pinball thing. Like the defense, you will have to score for the Chiefs to even sniff a chance at victory.
- Colquitt, we're expecting big things from you in that thin air. Put a little "Left-footed English" on that ball and make us proud.

Easy 6
09-12-2006, 06:04 PM
THE GOSPEL , sign me up WARRIOR5 , 62J out. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Jake the Mistake will come through, mile high will implode and the Jay Culter watch will near it's week four replacement

Deberg_1990
09-12-2006, 06:10 PM
We need Jake to throw a few of those left handed off the back foot, from his own endzone throws.

skittlesbuddy
09-12-2006, 06:15 PM
This is my prediction for the game. Herm will come out and try to simulate what my main man Marty did to the Raiders. The Broncs will get a steady dose of LJ and Huard will only attempt 15 passes. This will be the case as long as the Chiefs can keep the game close or hold the lead. We just cannot turn the ball over and I really believe our D can keep us in the game. It will be a low scoring defensive battle. And Maybe with a little luck we can pull one out.

BigRock
09-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Huard will have to make the defense respect him before we can pound away with LJ. They'll probably come out and load up against the run, forcing Huard to make something happen on his own. If he can, hopefully it'll open things up a bit. If he can't, it'll be a long day.

You can't compare the Raiders game last night to what LJ's going to face. Denver's front 7 is much better (at least in the LB core) and the Raiders didn't seem to care all that much anyway.

Baby Lee
09-12-2006, 06:47 PM
We need Jake to throw a few of those left handed off the back foot, from his own endzone throws.
He actually threw AND COMPLETED one of those [not in his own EZ, tho] against the Rams.
Was chuckling about it, then I got back to watching the Chefs.