PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Trent to retire.

dr00d
09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
You heard it here first.

A friend of mine knows the family from church and apparently the wife told him it is a done deal---Trent is retired.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
I believe it-that was the first thing I thought after the illegal cheap shot. I have never heard the stadium so quiet.

I am so bummed-Trent was an Awesome QB!

jspchief
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Yea, I'm sure if that decision was made, the wife would handle it by prattling about it to everyone at church.

Get the f*ck out of here with this garbage.

King_Chief_Fan
You heard it here first.

A friend of mine knows the family from church and apparently the wife told him it is a done deal---Trent is retired.

bogus-

I doubt Trent's wife would go blabbing that to her sunday school class mates

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
So you heard from your friend's friends neighboors, cousin, who lives by a church which Trent goes go.......

Yep sounds like a absolute end to me!

:rolleyes:

Mr. Flopnuts
09-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Yea, I'm sure if that decision was made, the wife would handle it by prattling about it to everyone at church.

Get the f*ck out of here with this garbage.

No shit. If it pans out, you're still a dumbass for posting it here based on the rumors at the local Jesus hole.

Rain Man
09-12-2006, 03:11 PM
I heard he needs a new kidney.

Logical
09-12-2006, 03:11 PM
I really doubt this, but considering how dreadful our line is now, it would be the smart thing to do.

ChiefsFire
09-12-2006, 03:14 PM
is this the same church Nick Athan goes to?

Predarat
09-12-2006, 03:16 PM
My Uncle lives in Kansas City and works with a man whos bi wife's GF has another GF and sometimes they do four ways together(lucky guy) but anyways she is a nurse on the fifth floor of the Hospital where Trent was but heard that a nurse on the fourth floor was in his room when he said it and he was still suffering from the concussion and he really said it but didn't really mean it and he even forgot that he said it.

KcMizzou
No shit. If it pans out, you're still a dumbass for posting it here based on the rumors at the local Jesus hole.LMAO

jspchief
is this the same church Nick Athan goes to?It makes me sad that I didn't think of that response.

dr00d
09-12-2006, 03:17 PM
LOL, I figured you dumbasses would try this.

Just remember who to give the credit to when the official word comes down.

Halfcan
I will be surprised if he comes back.

jynni
Wait, so Brenda divorced Kurt and is now remarried to Trent?

Nzoner
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM

Nice

Phobia
09-12-2006, 03:19 PM

When the official word comes down that he's playing, who do we flog?

Rain Man

It it ends up being true, I promise to buy a subscription to your premium content in the future.

Halfcan

This will be bigger than my Tamba Hali has signed thread.

They mock what they do not understand.

Phobia

Trent suffered a concussion. He did not have his eyes gouged out.

Stinger
09-12-2006, 03:20 PM

http://www.intergalacticjester.com/uploaded_images/ben-stein.jpg

Economics Teacher: Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Economics Teacher: Thank you, Simone

Simone: No problem whatsoever.

tk13
09-12-2006, 03:22 PM
I have thought the two games stuff is really premature, that was one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. I can't imagine the wife is too pleased.

Psyko Tek
09-12-2006, 03:23 PM
a man whos bi wife's GF has another GF and sometimes they do four ways together(lucky guy) .

Now that is worthless with out pics....

or video

Chiefs Pantalones
09-12-2006, 03:24 PM
You know, that would really suck if it becomes fact.

Iowanian
I'd say you're full of shit.......

I'd put alot more stock into it if her Brother were to say it.

Chieftain58
Who would blame him? No one there to protect him.. time to rebuild

Archie F. Swin
When was Church?

StcChief
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
If she wears the pants in the family...It wouldn't surprise me.

Phobia
09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. I can't imagine the wife is too pleased.

Especially since they just squeezed out another one last year and they have as much money as they could possibly spend in a lifetime. What's the purpose of risking your life at this point? It's not like he's in a contract year. His next announcement press conference was "I'm retiring" even before the brutal hit.

Rain Man
09-12-2006, 03:26 PM
This will be bigger than my Tamba Hali has signed thread.

They mock what they do not understand.

I mock pretty much everything.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 03:26 PM
I have thought the two games stuff is really premature, that was one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. I can't imagine the wife is too pleased.

It could have been another Dale Earnhardt tragedy. Like I said, my first thought was that is it-end of a era.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 03:27 PM
I really doubt this, but considering how dreadful our line is now, it would be the smart thing to do.Maybe Will Shields should talk to Willie, he is in town, and have him go talk Trent out of retiring.

Phobia
When was Church?

A lot more often than just Sundays for a lot of people.

ChiefFan31
WTF?

This would explain, why I log in and see this, LJ has retired threads, and has there been a Jared Allen is retiring thread?

Iowanian
What kind of Steak does his wife enjoy the most?

I'll wager you can't answer that....

Of Course he will retire.....someday.

Eleazar
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM
The race to be the first person to predict something is at epidemic levels in the new media. People just throw things out there hoping something will stick.

Bob Dole
09-12-2006, 03:28 PM

As well as remembering who gets banned when it doesn't.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 03:29 PM
My Uncle lives in Kansas City and works with a man whos bi wife's GF has another GF and sometimes they do four ways together(lucky guy) but anyways she is a nurse on the fifth floor of the Hospital where Trent was but heard that a nurse on the fourth floor was in his room when he said it and he was still suffering from the concussion and he really said it but didn't really mean it and he even forgot that he said it.I thought you were going some where, with all that talk of nurses and 4 ways, then you had to go and talk about Trent.

Pitt Gorilla
09-12-2006, 03:32 PM
“Oh yeah, yeah. If it was up to Trent, knowing the kind of guy he is, he’d show up tomorrow. He’d show tomorrow and go to meetings and be whispering in my ear, ‘hey, coach, I’m ready to go.’ That’s what he’d be telling me.” - Herm.

dr00d
09-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Let's see folks..this happened on Sunday, so I'm thinking she didn't blab it to her church group...

This guy was merely calling the wife because of the concern for Trent, to see how things were going. When discussing the status (not much has changed), she mentioned that he is retiring....No, she wasn't announcing it to the world ala Brenda, she was telling a friend, who in turn told me, who told all of you...

Believe me if you want, I don't really care to be honest, I just thought I would let you in on some information I got today.

DaFace
09-12-2006, 03:33 PM
I have my doubts that he would be making any major life decisions in his current state. Think of it this way - if this were true, Trent would have had to make a decision to quit his job, leave his teammates, and forfeit millions of dollars...with the equivalent of a migraine. :shake:

I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but he would wait until he was thinking straight before making a decision like that.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 03:34 PM
It could have been another Dale Earnhardt tragedy. Like I said, my first thought was that is it-end of a era.I agree. The window slammed shut.

DeepSouth
So you heard from your friend's friends neighboors, cousin, who lives by a church which Trent goes go:

Trent does not go to church. He has to work on Sundays.

Eleazar
What do you mean? This isn't hard to believe. Players get injured and then make retirement decisions 2 days later all the time.

Just like when he had to have the stent put in. He made that retirement decision right away too.

Predarat
09-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I thought you were going some where, with all that talk of nurses and 4 ways, then you had to go and talk about Trent.

Well the Nurse from the Fourth floor started kind of liking the nurse from the fifth floor and they made out on the second floor. And don't say this thread is worthless without pics/vids because here it is!!

Proballly NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BxuT43Bi5o

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Let's see folks..this happened on Sunday, so I'm thinking she didn't blab it to her church group...

This guy was merely calling the wife because of the concern for Trent, to see how things were going. When discussing the status (not much has changed), she mentioned that he is retiring....No, she wasn't announcing it to the world ala Brenda, she was telling a friend, who in turn told me, who told all of you...

Believe me if you want, I don't really care to be honest, I just thought I would let you in on some information I got today.Just let this be a lesson to you, don't let your women make the decisions in your family, because, the whole world will know about them before you have even made up your mind.

Even if your pathetic story is true, how pathetic are you, trying to grab some Internet gravitas, by "breaking" this gossip here. :shake: It's gossip, and even if it were true, you can't prove it. Shut up already.

dr00d
09-12-2006, 03:39 PM
of course don't know what kind of steak his wife likes, nor do I care...I told you, a friend of mine talked to her, who in turn talked to me.

nice threat there Bob Dole....ha

CupidStunt
09-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Biggest troll of KFFL becomes the biggest douche of ChiefsPlanet.

You're on a roll.

banyon
09-12-2006, 03:43 PM

Believe me if you want, I don't really care to be honest, I just thought I would let you in on some information I got today.

Wait...I got it.

Wildcat Avatar. Bad/ Disabled Rep. Unsubstantiated ramblings.

You're Kevin Keitzman.

OnTheWarpath15
09-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Wait...I got it.

Wildcat Avatar. Bad/ Disabled Rep. Unsubstantiated ramblings.

You're Kevin Keitzman.

ROFL

dr00d
09-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm not even saying the decision will stick neither...maybe he wakes up in 2 weeks and decides he doesn't want to retire...maybe the wife said she would like him to retire...I don't know, but the mere fact that all of you are shitting in your parents and trying to attack me is pretty damn juvenile.

htismaqe
09-12-2006, 03:46 PM

KcMizzou
09-12-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't know, but the mere fact that all of you are shitting in your parents and trying to attack me is pretty damn juvenile.Whoa.. wait a minute now.

Eleazar
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm not even saying the decision will stick neither...maybe he wakes up in 2 weeks and decides he doesn't want to retire...maybe the wife said she would like him to retire...I don't know, but the mere fact that all of you are shitting in your parents and trying to attack me is pretty damn juvenile.

Well for someone who swears it's true, it didn't take you long to start backing off.

Rain Man
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Whoa.. wait a minute now.

Oedipiss?

tommykat
09-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey Trent is a class act guy. If Julie and family think this should be the best thing for him I stand behind them. I would prefer to have my husband than have him killed later this year. IMO

Fish
09-12-2006, 03:54 PM

The thread title has no maybe's in it......

Definitely barbed nuthooks...

htismaqe
Thread title edited for accuracy

Actually, you edited the title on his post, but not the thread title itself. :D

dr00d
freudian slip I guess!

JBucc
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Get the f*ck out of here with this garbage.Actually I could see that happening quite easily. Often fellow church goers are the first you talk to and feel comfortable with. One thing I remember about my parents after we got home from church was how much gossip and talking behind others backs there was. It's part of why I no longer go.

However, this is complete horseshit.

memyselfI
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I'll believe it when I hear him say it...

but I said on Sunday that I thought he'd be through. There is something about the finality of an injury (when you are close to retiring anyway) that makes going forward very foolish. Sometimes the decision gets made for you.

hawkchief
09-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Let's say that Dr. Rosen tells Trent that if he takes another hit like the one he did Sunday that he'll be talking like Ali the rest of his life. Trent checks his balance at Bank of America and it says $40,000,000.00. Then it becomes a tough decision. Should I play a few more games behind Jordan Black & co., or retire still knowing how to tie my shoes, and live a healthy/wealthy existence with my beautiful family? That would be a tough one. (sarcasm intended)

OnTheWarpath15
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Let's say that Dr. Rosen tells Trent that if he takes another hit like the one he did Sunday that he'll be talking like Ali the rest of his life. Trent checks his balance at Bank of America and it says $40,000,000.00. Then it becomes a tough decision. Should I play a few more games behind Jordan Black & co., or retire still knowing how to tie my shoes, and live a healthy/wealthy existence with my beautiful family? That would be a tough one.

Trent's a gamer...but that really isn't that tough of a decision in those terms, IMO.......

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Whatever Trent does I wish him the best. He is one of the most classiest pro athletes out there. Class act all around. What would really suck for him is if Damon Huard or Croyle becomes Kurt Warner II.

hawkchief
09-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Whatever Trent does I wish him the best. He is one of the most classiest pro athletes out there. Class act all around. What would really suck for him is if Damon Huard or Croyle becomes Kurt Warner II.

I fully agree. IMO, Trent has nothing left to prove. He came back from a terrible knee injury and if he had played on a coast for a quality GM who provided a semblance of a defense for him, would probably be revered like Tom Brady. He has been the consummate pro, clubhouse and field leader - everything you could ask for. He's been the anti-Grbac, which was what the franchise needed. He will have opportunites galore after football either in broadcasting or business. That, of course, assumes he can construct a sentence without drooling.

I'd love to see him play again, but it won't shock me in the least if he's done.

boogblaster
09-12-2006, 04:16 PM
My best to Trent..but this is cowsh*t..he's not retireing over a hit to the head..on the other hand had he suffered a spinal injury that would be different... BOOG....

cdcox
09-12-2006, 04:22 PM
dr00d, let me be the first to congratulate you on your promotion to "an executive inside the Chiefs organization, said..." courtesy of Pro-Football Talk. Should come through sometime tomorrow.

dr00d
09-12-2006, 04:33 PM
no barbhooks at all. As of right now, this is the decision...but obviously there is no formal retirement yet...so things might change. I wasn't backing off to appease you people, I was backing off because sometimes people change their decisions...I don't understand why this is an issue.

Frazod
09-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Whether this is crap or not, IMO he should retire, immediately. He's old by NFL standards, and this piece of shit line will not be able to protect him.

Trent obviously has a bright future ahead of him as an analyst. Sadly, he has no future with us. There is no reason why he should endure the anguish of a final wasted season and risk being turned into a drooling vegetable/Steve Young.

Thanks for the memories, Trent. You deserve so much more than this dumbf#ck organization gave you. Now please go away while you can still walk and talk.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 04:37 PM
no barbhooks at all.

You can't call off nuthooks that have been bestowed upon you by another member of ChiefPlanet idiot.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Whether this is crap or not, IMO he should retire, immediately. He's old by NFL standards, and this piece of shit line will not be able to protect him.

Trent obviously has a bright future ahead of him as an analyst. Sadly, he has no future with us. There is no reason why he should endure the anguish of a final wasted season and risk being turned into a drooling vegetable/Steve Young.

Thanks for the memories, Trent. You deserve so much more than this dumbf#ck organization gave you. Now please go away while you can still walk and talk.

Agreed

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
After that hit....

I think he's done. Promote him to Carl's position.

redbrian
09-12-2006, 04:40 PM
no barbhooks at all. As of right now, this is the decision...but obviously there is no formal retirement yet...so things might change. I wasn't backing off to appease you people, I was backing off because sometimes people change their decisions...I don't understand why this is an issue.

Q: But Trent still wants to play football, right?

EDWARDS: “Oh yeah, yeah. If it was up to Trent, knowing the kind of guy he is, he’d show up tomorrow. He’d show tomorrow and go to meetings and be whispering in my ear, ‘hey, coach, I’m ready to go.’ That’s what he’d be telling me.”

huh , seems your source is wrong, imagine that.

JBucc
09-12-2006, 04:41 PM
After that hit....

I think he's done. Promote him to Carl's position.
Let him be GM/HC/OC and QB coach. Herm can be moved to DC and Gunt can be janitor.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm going to cry if this is true.

OnTheWarpath15
09-12-2006, 04:45 PM

EDWARDS: “Oh yeah, yeah. If it was up to Trent, knowing the kind of guy he is, he’d show up tomorrow. He’d show tomorrow and go to meetings and be whispering in my ear, ‘hey, coach, I’m ready to go.’ That’s what he’d be telling me.”

While I believe that this "story" is :BS: , how exactly do you expect Herm to answer that question?

EDWARDS: Hell no, not behind this OL. Trent's 36 years old, and has a family to think about. We wish him the best and will move on with Huard, Croyle and Printers, assuming we can keep them upright..."

dr00d
09-12-2006, 04:45 PM

Did you ever think perhaps he really wants to come back and play?

Have you ever been married? or had a girlfriend for that matter?

Has a coach never lied to save face?

beavis
09-12-2006, 04:51 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Trent pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

beavis
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
a drooling vegetable/Steve Young.
That's funny right there I don't care who you are.

redbrian
09-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Did you ever think perhaps he really wants to come back and play?

(Yes he does a little head knock is not going to keep him out.)

Have you ever been married? or had a girlfriend for that matter?

(been married for over 30 years and my wife does not nor has she ever spoken for me.)

Has a coach never lied to save face?

(Not one to claim the coach lied when I wasn't present.)

Has someone ever come on to the planet and spouted unsupported bs to stroke his ego and stir the pot?

My take, you are full of crap.

Braincase
09-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm absolutely amazed at the number of people willing to step in this heaping pile. Another PhD in Bovine Scatology strikes the planet.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Great news, I just talked to a friend who knows Joe Horn and he said Willie's wife told him that Willie talked Trent out of retiring. WOOO HOOO

Raiderhater
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Posting this thread is just irresponible, true or not.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Posting this thread is just irresponible, true or not.

To say the least. a lose/lose situation for the dr00d.

Bald but Beautiful
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
If Trent Green does retire, I would not blame him in the least. If he does come back and play, I again would not blame him. A very classy Chief he has been the last 5 years, and seeing him maybe go out because of injury is really disheartening. It is not out of the realm of possibility. He is has been through a rough knee injury and rehab and now this. Nowadsys people are being more cautious about being able to be a functional person 20 years+ after their careers. Well, Dr00d, thanks for telling us this, I hope the Greens make a decision that is best for them. However for us Chiefs fans, if he does quit we better hope Mr. Brodie Croyle can grow up real quick.

ChiefaRoo
09-12-2006, 05:28 PM
You heard it here first.

I told you guys KSU fans were idjits. No one listened to me when they were spouting off about Huggy this and Prince that. Now it hits home with this BS about Trent eh? I say we ban this guy along with bill the potato eater and of course Saul.

Raiderhater
09-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I told you guys KSU fans were idjits. No one listened to me when they were spouting off about Huggy this and Prince that. Now it hits home with this BS about Trent eh? I say we ban this guy along with bill the potato eater and of course Saul.

I can see I've been away from the board way too much....

NewChief
09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Wow, dr00d. Congratulations. You know something that no one else inside Trent's family, including his mom, brother, or sister are privy to.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
That pretty much ends this discussion.

Adept Havelock
09-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I don't believe a word of it.

recxjake would have broke the story by now were it true (with another nausea inducing GM shill).

CoMoChief
09-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I predicted this yesterday that this would happen, but not until at the end of the season, not during the season.

Spott
09-12-2006, 05:58 PM
I heard that he had an emergency appendectomy after the game.

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 06:02 PM
This really wouldnt surprise me and might be the best thing for the Chiefs in the long run.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I heard that he had an emergency appendectomy after the game.

I heard that if he does come back, he will still wear a helmet.

kczoo
09-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Wait, so Brenda divorced Kurt and is now remarried to Trent? ROFL

Adept Havelock
09-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Wait, so Brenda divorced Kurt and is now remarried to Trent? ROFL

REPOST

From page 1....

Easy 6
09-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Word on the street see , say's Trent's going into business w/ Tom Cruise and building the first " church " of scientology on Mars in order to be closer to OVERLORD XENU . Extra! Extra! Read all about it............

Iowanian
09-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I'll take this one to the bank to cash.

Wow, dr00d. Congratulations. You know something that no one else inside Trent's family, including his mom, brother, or sister are privy to.

DaFace
09-12-2006, 06:31 PM
That pretty much ends this discussion.

Yep. dr00d - your officially and idiot.

NewChief
09-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Before I get too far ahead of myself, I should be clear. I'm not saying Trent won't retire before it's all said and done. I'm just saying that if a decision to do so has been made, it hasn't been announced (or even hinted at) to anyone in the family that I know.

And dr00d, I'm not calling you a lair. I completely believe you were told the information you were told. I'm just saying that miscommunication happens.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I could see him atleast pondering it, but I'll wait a few weeks. I'd think it would be all over espn or something if there was a sniff of retirement possibilities. I think he'll be back, lets just hope he is the same QB.

Simply Red
09-12-2006, 06:53 PM

Shut up twat!

DomerNKC
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
You heard it here first.

A friend of mine knows the family from church and apparently the wife told him it is a done deal---Trent is retired.urine idit.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Herm said Trent was out of the hospitol today and said he will probably want to play on Sunday.

So I guess that means he really is retiring.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
I think dr00d took his nuthooks and went home.

Raiderhater
09-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Why is this thread still going?

Hammock Parties
09-12-2006, 07:38 PM

Dude, this thread will be bumped after Trent is named Super Bowl MVP.

Moo
09-12-2006, 07:39 PM
It got over 100 posts.

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 07:47 PM

My fault, sorry.

Simply Red
09-12-2006, 07:52 PM
It got over 100 posts.

shut the f***-up! N00b! Not really Moo. Someone acting foolish!

Simply Red
09-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Dude, this thread will be bumped after Trent is named Super Bowl MVP.

Awesome!

Moo
09-12-2006, 07:54 PM
shut the f***-up! N00b! Not really Moo. Someone acting foolish!

Calling me a n00b, and you only have 727 posts? Not very nice, wait til Moosgirl finds out.

Simply Red
09-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Calling me a n00b, and you only have 727 posts? Not very nice, wait til Moosgirl finds out.

whatever ENDEALT! FROM NOW ON DON'T TALK TO ME YOUR A SERIOUS BASTARD! OH, AND POST ON MY BALLS!

beer bacon
09-12-2006, 08:28 PM

Because Trent is going to retire stoopid!

CoMoChief
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
It's okay we have Damn Huard.

I will no longer be able to type because after you see this I will already be falling out of my 2nd story window (head first).

Simplex3
09-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Trent suffered a concussion. He did not have his eyes gouged out.
Did anyone else see Kurt smooching on some hottie with long blonde hair after the 49ers game? Was that the same troll from St Loser? Does Arizona actually make chicks hot? If so I'm freaking moving down there next week.

Simplex3
09-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I can understand why it's going, what I don't get is why it hasn't been hijacked. You guys are losing it.

Bwana
09-12-2006, 09:42 PM

SLAG
09-12-2006, 09:51 PM

Mr. Kotter
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Unbelievable.:shake:

Thank you, Trent. You'll be missed.....:(

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Its all true-Brett Favre just held a press conference to announce His.....................

friend Trent's retirement. Wow drood warned us, but I didn't see it coming. At least Big Willie is back in town-I knew he would come back.

09-12-2006, 10:49 PM

Well, stop looking in the mirror.

Epadfield
09-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Green won't be playing, and it's not clear yet whether doctors will want him to travel just a few days after he suffered a severe concussion. But if there were doubts that the Chiefs' veteran quarterback might want to call it quits, at 36 and after taking such a vicious hit, they were answered with his eager questions.

"Oh yeah, Trent still wants to play football," coach Herm Edwards said. "There's no doubt about that. If it was up to Trent, knowing the type of guy he is, he'd show up tomorrow and kind of go to meetings and be whispering in my ear and say, `Coach, by Friday, I'll be ready to go.' "

Though there have been whispers that Green won't be back for a month, Chiefs officials say any timetable would be conjecture at this point. Green will benefit from a bye week on Sept. 24, an early open date that was cursed before the injury.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15503844.htm

blueballs
09-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Trent Dilfer?

Demonpenz
09-13-2006, 01:00 AM
there is a scene in any given sunday when laruen holly slaps around dennis quaid and say. YOU ARE A BLEEP BLEEP football player. Anytime i see players wives i think of that part.

greg63
09-13-2006, 01:04 AM

ROFLROFLROFL

greg63
09-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Its all true-Brett Favre just held a press conference to announce His.....................

friend Trent's retirement. Wow drood warned us, but I didn't see it coming. At least Big Willie is back in town-I knew he would come back.

I missed the press conference; what did Roaf have to say for himself???

KcMizzou
09-13-2006, 01:12 AM
I missed the press conference; what did Roaf have to say for himself???His press conference is Thursday.

greg63
09-13-2006, 01:13 AM
His press conference is Thursday.

Ok, thanks for the info. :)

09-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Ok, thanks for the info. :)

Boy, you have been paying attention haven't you?

n00bs

greg63
09-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Boy, you have been paying attention haven't you?

n00bs

shaddup! :p

Nite Planet!

Otter
09-13-2006, 01:40 AM
1. Why would he retire one game into the season when he can collect his contract money backing up Huard or Croyle? He's a great guy but he also has bills to pay like the rest of us.

2. What Frazod said

3. Remind me never to tell drood anything in confidence

Inspector
09-13-2006, 06:08 AM
Let me get this straight...

rexjake says Trent is buying a new GM?

And why would Huard retire now?

Some of these posts are confusing me.

redbrian
09-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Let me get this straight...

rexjake says Trent is buying a new GM?

And why would Huard retire now?

Some of these posts are confusing me.

No Trent is buying a GM dealership and Huard is retiring to become a goat herder in Wyoming, keep it straight man.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2006, 06:49 AM
His press conference is Thursday.

Trent will join him, and they'll announce their retirements together....along with LJ. LJ wants to be able to play with his grandkids in his old age, you know.

plbrdude
09-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Trent will join him, and they'll announce their retirements together....along with LJ. LJ wants to be able to play with his grandkids in his old age, you know.

thought i heard some guy on radio say the entire offensive line was retiring too. due to diminished skills i think.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2006, 06:58 AM
thought i heard some guy on radio say the entire offensive line was retiring too. due to diminished skills i think.

Mitchell, Law, and Allen have also decided to immediately pursue their aspirations for a career in Rap music....by joining with their homeboy Junior, now that he's unemployed. Know what I mean, dog? ;)

Hootie
09-17-2006, 09:43 AM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Chiefs will be "very conservative" with Trent Green (out, head).
He wants to return following Kansas City's Week 3 bye, but the Chiefs will be cautious with Green, who GM Carl Peterson characterized as "week-to-week." Damon Huard will likely continue to start.

So, Green wants to play week 4, but according to you, he's retiring!

Bowser
09-17-2006, 09:47 AM
We should all retire.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 09:48 AM
That Church lady's gossip is unreliable

Lzen
10-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Poop

StcChief
10-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Too bad he's clipboard Trent vs. hometown boys and fans ...

dr00d
10-30-2006, 05:20 PM
he hasn't stepped on the field yet...

Do we really need to discuss, should he come back on the field? I doubt it.

Hootie
10-30-2006, 05:25 PM

good thread dude

dr00d
10-30-2006, 06:00 PM
good name, dude

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I am officially announcing my retirement.

siberian khatru
10-30-2006, 09:22 PM
I am officially announcing my retirement.

Better pay back your bonus, bitch.

Ultra Peanut
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
After much contemplation and introspection, I have reconsidered my retirement.

Immaculate
10-30-2006, 09:38 PM
I ofically retire.

teedubya
10-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I like how Braincase coined the term d00sh.

greg63
10-31-2006, 12:19 AM
You heard it here first.

I couldn't blame him if he did.

Sure-Oz
10-31-2006, 12:29 AM
fact-this thread is gay

greg63
10-31-2006, 09:18 AM
fact-this thread is gay

You mean this is a happy thread? :D

Bob Dole
10-31-2006, 12:18 PM
One thing Green hasn't worried about is whether he will keep playing. He and Julie have discussed the issue of whether his playing will lead to further risk, and as long as doctors have assured him that he's not opening himself up to more problems, everybody in the Green camp is cool with his return.

"I've had friends ask me if I'm coming back if we're out of playoff contention, and I've told them all the same thing," Green said. "This is what I do. And as soon as I get clearance from the doctor, regardless of what our record is, I'll be back out there."

Iowanian
10-31-2006, 12:20 PM
YOu should slap your friend. He's wrong.....and I've just heard from a better source, that his doc visit went well, and he's cleared for team practices.

DaFace
10-31-2006, 12:21 PM
It's about time we got definitive proof that this entire thread was just a bunch of B.S.

AirForceChief
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
fact-this thread is gay

obviously you mean this thread is: teh ghay

Lzen
10-31-2006, 01:28 PM
And people wonder why we attack like a bunch of pirhanas when they start these rumor threads.

Lzen
10-31-2006, 01:30 PM

Nice call, dr00l.

Braincase
10-31-2006, 01:57 PM
You heard it here first.

And the word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary, either.

d00sh... official ChiefsPlanet representative to the Baghdad Bob fan club.

Robo-Chachi
10-31-2006, 01:58 PM
Looks like you guys are going to owe dr00d a big apology. I also know someone close to Trent and just got some inside information as well. The papers have been signed and a financial settlement has been reached between both sides. Apparantly a press conference is going to be announced for Wednesday afternoon. So keep doubting it people but it's true, Trent Green is retiring from endorsing Gutter Monster™.

cdcox
11-15-2006, 01:55 PM
This is really bad news.

Lzen
11-15-2006, 02:12 PM

You're gonna be eating that poop this Sunday. 4321

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Do we really need to tempt karma again after what happened with all the Huard thread bumps last week?

Lzen
11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Heh, dumb asses who post bogus rumors about well liked Chiefs players need their feet held to the fire.

Isn't that right, dr00l?

FloridaMan88
11-15-2006, 04:10 PM

Yep you get credit for being a dumbass of Gretzian proportions. Congrats

Not only did you post this garbage that you completely fabricated, you continued to talk smack about.

What do you have to say for your pathetic self now?

Do everyone a favor and go jump off a bridge

Lzen
11-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I wonder why dr00d hasn't posted in this thread in a long while. :hmmm:

siberian khatru
11-18-2006, 10:09 PM
I wish dr00d had posted a thread predicting a 3-year extension for Gary Pinkel. Cause maybe then it wouldn't be true.

Ultra Peanut
11-19-2006, 04:58 PM
yaaaaaaaaay

boogblaster
11-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Pootie's already retired him ....

KCBOSS1
11-19-2006, 05:17 PM
I have it on good information that Trent's family is very tight lipped and there's no way he would even make this kind of decision right now and if so, he wouldn't show his hand.

Bwana
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
You heard it here first.

ROFL

the Talking Can
11-19-2006, 06:23 PM
I heard a rumor that Trent is set to expire.

WilliamTheIrish
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I heard a rumor that Trent is set to expire.
:)

Lzen
11-19-2006, 11:00 PM

As well as remembering who gets banned when it doesn't.

Do it, Senator. I think this moron deserves it.

Braincase
11-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Do it, Senator. I think this moron deserves it.

Between Trent's start and KU's win over State, I don't expect to see him for awhile. There's a lot of cheap beer in Manhappnin' to cry in .

Lzen
11-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Between Trent's start and KU's win over State, I don't expect to see him for awhile. There's a lot of cheap beer in Manhappnin' to cry in .

Heh.

Imon Yourside
11-20-2006, 08:42 AM
dr00d, author of dumbassery meet ban. He is quite a friendly fellow and only requires watering once while the door is hitting you on the way out. Don't bend over for the soap with Ban around.

greg63
11-20-2006, 04:50 PM
yaaaaaaaaay

Wooooo-hoooooo!!!!!!