PDA

View Full Version : Could Jason Dunn play right tackle?

Hammock Parties
09-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Skip Towne seems to think so.

I'd certainly give Dunn a try at RT. After all our LT is a TE and doing pretty well. Dunn has great feet and reaction times as do most TE's. Anybody remember Larry Brown out of K-State several years ago? He was a TE who was moved to LT by the Redskins. He had a very good career. I'll bet he will do better than Black and get him a pay raise at the same time. He is one big strong sum bitch. After an LJ TD, I saw him pick LJ up and hold him there for about 10 seconds as if LJ were a little schoolgirl. We might solve part of our O Line problems with a solution that is right under our nose.

DaFace
09-12-2006, 10:03 PM
:shrug: Is it possible for him to be worse than Black?

Reaper16
09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
:shrug: Is it possible for him to be worse than Black?
Still doesn't mean he could play the position even if he were better.
I'm thinking of the little thing in Htismaq's sig: Greater than bad does not equal good.

TrickyNicky
09-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Could he? Yes. Would he be any good, or at least better than Black? I don't know.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 10:40 PM
no

NJ Chief Fan
09-12-2006, 10:50 PM
yea great idea lets throw out not only ONE but TWO undersized OT's

NJ Chief Fan
09-12-2006, 10:53 PM
an actual idea would be to flip flop black and shields, have shields play RT and black play RG were black belongs and if this is going to be will's final season any way

Spicy McHaggis
09-12-2006, 11:07 PM
If he were 20 pounds heavier and 6 years younger maybe.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Still doesn't mean he could play the position even if he were better.
I'm thinking of the little thing in Htismaq's sig: Greater than bad does not equal good.Yes, but it also follows that greater than bad is necessarily NOT as bad.

Not as bad as bad is optimum ceterus paribus.

Phobia
09-12-2006, 11:21 PM
He's too tall, IMO.

Hammock Parties
09-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Height has nothing to do with it.

There's no way Dunn could hold up for 50-60 plays in one game.

Spicy McHaggis
09-12-2006, 11:30 PM
He's too tall, IMO.

Unless he's taller than listed it doesn't seem like it would be a huge problem.

Jon Runyan is 6'7", Svitek is 6'6", Alex Barron 6'7" John Tait 6'6".

There seems to be an abundance of taller tackles.

Hootie
09-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Carswell played TE in Denver and switched to RT, but that being said, I rather not try it. He can't be that much better than Black, and that's hard for my to even type.

Hootie
09-12-2006, 11:35 PM
an actual idea would be to flip flop black and shields, have shields play RT and black play RG were black belongs and if this is going to be will's final season any way
I'd be all up for this...

I'd even be up for Shields playing LT...

If he is no good at it, at least we tried. He can't be much more than Turley or Black...

Turley got pushed around like a little school girl.

blueballs
09-13-2006, 12:59 AM
I thought Dunn had bad knees

jspchief
09-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Tackles are almost as rare as QBs in the NFL. If teh coaches felt he could play tackle, they would have started that transition a long time ago. There's not a O-line coach in the league that would miss an opportunity to add a tackle just so they could have a blocking TE.

To suggest that he could do it is basically saying you think you're smarter than the Chiefs' coaches. And while people may like to pretend they are, they really aren't.

Inspector
09-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Yeah, while it might be an interesting experiment, it probably wouldn't work out.

Dunn would be done.

(I just wanted to say Dunn would be done.)

kc rush
09-13-2006, 07:56 AM
I think that its funny that people here are considering the idea of Dunn playing tackle after so many people crucified Bob Fescoe for bringing up the same thing at a press conference last year.

When Roaf was out, Fescoe asked DV if Dunn could play tackle. Vermeil basically called Fescoe an idiot as well as the majority of this board.

jspchief
09-13-2006, 08:01 AM
I think that its funny that people here are considering the idea of Dunn playing tackle after so many people crucified Bob Fescoe for bringing up the same thing at a press conference last year.

When Roaf was out, Fescoe asked DV if Dunn could play tackle. Vermeil basically called Fescoe an idiot as well as the majority of this board.I'm with Vermeil on this one. If you think Dunn can play tackle better than what we have, you're an idiot.

kc rush
09-13-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm with Vermeil on this one. If you think Dunn can play tackle better than what we have, you're an idiot.

Don't put me in that camp. Just a humerous observation on my part.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Tackles are almost as rare as QBs in the NFL. If teh coaches felt he could play tackle, they would have started that transition a long time ago. There's not a O-line coach in the league that would miss an opportunity to add a tackle just so they could have a blocking TE.

To suggest that he could do it is basically saying you think you're smarter than the Chiefs' coaches. And while people may like to pretend they are, they really aren't.

We also have the likes of those who think they are smarter than everyone else on the board and they really aren't.

jspchief
09-13-2006, 08:12 AM
We also have the likes of those who think they are smarter than everyone else on the board and they really aren't.And we also have whiny bitches that follow people around from thread to thread to whimper about stupid shit instead of offering opinons that contribute to the discussion.

HemiEd
09-13-2006, 08:15 AM
And people thought the Favre idea was dumb.

Skip Towne
09-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm with Vermeil on this one. If you think Dunn can play tackle better than what we have, you're an idiot.
Yeah, VD was right on the money with his assessment of LJ's abilities. I'm glad he left town.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2006, 08:44 AM
And we also have whiny bitches that follow people around from thread to thread to whimper about stupid shit instead of offering opinons that contribute to the discussion.
get over yourself ass hat.... following you around.... you happen to be on every thread spoutin your shit head opinion on every ****ing subject.
Here's my opinion........ You are the biggest jack ass on this board.

Chief Chief
09-13-2006, 08:46 AM
It's now time to unleash our secret weapon, Kris Wilson, in the RT spot!!

Skip Towne
09-13-2006, 08:48 AM
get over yourself ass hat.... following you around.... you happen to be on every thread spoutin your shit head opinion on every ****ing subject.
:LOL:

kregger
09-13-2006, 08:51 AM
It's now time to unleash our secret weapon, Kris Wilson, in the RT spot!!
Exactly, let's put the 100+ pounds on him and then we can run that goal line tackle eligible play that would have worked wonders last week.

ct
09-13-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm willing to try just about anything to get Jordan Black out of the RT spot. Including the aforementioned Dwayne Carswell.

Mr. Kotter
09-13-2006, 09:18 AM
Could he play RT? Yeah.

Could he play it well....anytime real soon? Nah.

Inspector
09-13-2006, 09:33 AM

Hey, I aint sharing my crown.

It took me several weeks to earn the title, ya know.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey, I aint sharing my crown.

It took me several weeks to earn the title, ya know.

you will have to battle it out with that crap bag to take it away from him.

good luck:)

Hammock Parties
09-13-2006, 02:23 PM
I didn't realize there were 19 other people as dumb as Skip Towne around here.

Phobia
09-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Unless he's taller than listed it doesn't seem like it would be a huge problem.

Jon Runyan is 6'7", Svitek is 6'6", Alex Barron 6'7" John Tait 6'6".

There seems to be an abundance of taller tackles.

Okay, I'll be wrong. Thanks for the research. Clearly, I'm too lazy.

ChiefaRoo
09-13-2006, 10:35 PM
This only thing this poll tells us is that half of this board (nearly) doesn't know shite about the skill sets needed to play NFL football.

huskerdooz
09-13-2006, 10:44 PM
This same question was brought up last year and someone even asked DV about it in a press conf. If I recall his response was laughter and then ridicule aimed at the person that asked the question. I believe that would be Herm's response as well.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2006, 10:55 PM
This same question was brought up last year and someone even asked DV about it in a press conf. If I recall his response was laughter and then ridicule aimed at the person that asked the question. I believe that would be Herm's response as well.

That's pretty much what I'm getting at here. Skip just hurled venom at me for quoting DV.

greg63
09-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Gaz option????????

Logical
09-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I would definitely say yes,

Logical
09-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Could he play RT? Yeah.

Could he play it well....anytime real soon? Nah.I think this is the point. The question is could he, not would he play at a great level. I think he would play better than Black played against Cinci but that is a really damn low standard.

NJ Chief Fan
09-14-2006, 12:43 AM
anyone could play RT as long as they have been out of high school for 3 years

Spicy McHaggis
09-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Okay, I'll be wrong. Thanks for the research. Clearly, I'm too lazy.

Ah, I'll come clean. I'm lazy too. I just made my intern look all that up.

jspchief
09-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Basically, everyone that voted yes thinks they know more about it than Dick Vermeil.

boogblaster
09-14-2006, 06:09 AM
not even voting ..Dunn is lazier than Black..enough said...BOOG....

Skip Towne
09-14-2006, 06:25 AM
I didn't realize there were 19 other people as dumb as Skip Towne around here.
I thought we settled that dumb issue you moron. You cheated your ass off on that test of yours and I still cleaned your plow. You're a totally worthless piece of dung.

runnercyclist
09-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Two tight end set - all day

ChiefaRoo
09-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I thought we settled that dumb issue you moron. You cheated your ass off on that test of yours and I still cleaned your plow. You're a totally worthless piece of dung.

Skip, why so uptight? Breathe in, breathe out. Now, don't you feel better? Sure, I knew you would.

Kyle401
09-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Perhaps you should have framed your question a little better if you are asking if people believe Dunn could play OT at an NFL level. Right now we have no one "playing" right tackle at an NFL level. We just have guys lining up and occupying that position until the ball is snapped and the DE tosses them out of the way. I am confident that Jason Dunn could line up at right tackle. He might do better than J. Black. Probably not, but you never know. It certainly wouldn't take all that much.

greg63
09-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Skip Towne seems to think so.

Why yes; yes he could!