PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil on Monday Nite

The Dude Abides
09-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Did anyone else notice that Dick Vermeil didnt say a word about Trent Green getting cheap shotted? I was at least expecting a mention or concern or something. Nada

09-13-2006, 02:50 AM
Didn't he say something about speaking with the family earlier that day. I am almost certain they spoke on it.

donkhater
09-13-2006, 05:21 AM
Iwould imagine it is pretty emotional for him. He thinks highly enough of him to have brought him with him to his last two coaching stints.

I like Vermiel as a broadcaster. He's funny and insightful. He was very good particulary as a college analyst before he came back into coaching. It would be good to see him on the tube again. Lord knows the profession needs someone like him.

MichaelH
09-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Maybe Dick was too distraught about Hicks no longer starting to talk about Trent.

jiveturkey
09-13-2006, 07:45 AM
I thought that he did a good job as well.

Every time he said something meaningful about what just happened on a play the other broadcasters would think of something dumb to say. It's like they were avoiding anything that was actually football related.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Vermeil did a very good job in the booth. They should replace Cornholer w/ Dick. :D

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 07:47 AM
He's a company man, much like Herm...

kc rush
09-13-2006, 07:51 AM
He said that their wives spoke. I was surprised though that he really didn't mention the hit.

InChiefsHeaven
09-13-2006, 07:55 AM
I think he was trying to just focus on the game at hand. Remember, the only people that give a shit about Trent is us, and he's talking to a national audience...

...I thought he did great. Forgot how good he is in the booth.

kc rush
09-13-2006, 08:04 AM
I think he was trying to just focus on the game at hand. Remember, the only people that give a shit about Trent is us, and he's talking to a national audience...

...I thought he did great. Forgot how good he is in the booth.

It was late in the game. The game was a turd, it was filler. I'm sure there are people outside of KC interested in the health of Trent, if nothing else from a fantasy football perspective.

DMAC
09-13-2006, 08:06 AM
He mentioned it. But of course he is not going to call out the refs on Monday Night Football.

TrickyNicky
09-13-2006, 08:40 AM
He did a very good job, and Jaws did too. They were way better than the regular MNF. Hell, I'd rather listen to them than Madden + Michaels.

jrowe
09-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Seeing the job Vermeil did in the booth made me really miss him as a head coach. His attention to detail and noticing the difference makers on each play really stood out. One comment that really jumped out at me was when he mentioned that if you rely on the run too much you will face alot of third and long situations. I hope it's not an ominous foreshadowing of what we're to face this season.

morphius
09-13-2006, 09:04 AM
I liked him in the booth a lot actually. Unlike Madden when he pointed out a great play a player made the player actually did something noteworthy and felt he broke down the play pretty well.

milkman
09-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Seeing the job Vermeil did in the booth made me really miss him as a head coach. His attention to detail and noticing the difference makers on each play really stood out. One comment that really jumped out at me was when he mentioned that if you rely on the run too much you will face alot of third and long situations. I hope it's not an ominous foreshadowing of what we're to face this season.

Dick is right where he belongs.
He sucked ass as the coach of the Chiefs regardless of offensive stats.

Who won the SB last year, and how many times did they run?

Idahored
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM
He did a very good job, and Jaws did too. They were way better than the regular MNF. Hell, I'd rather listen to them than Madden + Michaels.

I agree 100%. Vermiel's crew and Troy Aikman/Joe Buck are the only ones I like. The rest of the talking heads have forgotton that it is about football, not what the media thinks about football....

Skip Towne
09-13-2006, 10:48 AM
DV is a very polished speaker. He is a good narrator as well.

Sure-Oz
09-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Kevin Harlan thinks Trent is going to make a great broadcaster when he retires, maybe a dick and trent game, that'd be cool!

TrickyNicky
09-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Trent was good on Cold Pizza's draft coverage. I think he will make a good one too.

DMAC
09-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Kevin Harlan thinks Trent is going to make a great broadcaster when he retires, maybe a dick and trent game, that'd be cool!Theres a Monday Night trio for ya! Harlan-Dicky-Trent

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Trent is very good at commentary. I could definitely see him on CBS or FOX's Sunday panel after he retires... possibly ESPN. Maybe we'll all get lucky and Trent will replace mumble-mouthed Michael Irvin?

milkman
09-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Theres a Monday Night trio for ya! Harlan-Dicky-Trent

I can't stand Dick Vermeil, so I admit my bias, but I wish he would just go back to his whinery so I never have to see him again.

I can't get past my hatred of the useless SOB to find anything positive.

DMAC
09-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Ohhhhh-Kayyyyyyy....

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 01:57 PM
He said that their wives spoke. I was surprised though that he really didn't mention the hit.Do they go to Church together?