PDA

View Full Version : Carl takes a shot at Al Saunders

FloridaMan88
09-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Carl taking a shot at the guy he should have hired to replace Vermeil. Talk about being completely unprofessional, especially for a guy in Peterson's position. I'm sure Carl will instruct his propaganda soldiers (Bob Moore, "Rufus", Fat Gretz, etc) to write columns on kcchiefs.com to rip Al Saunders to pieces as well.

Carl's quote in the KC Star today:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15503983.htm

“He hasn’t (changed it),” Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said. “We’re running our offense, the Kansas City Chiefs offense that has been run the last five years, OK? The Kansas City offense didn’t score many points in Washington, D.C., last night, either, did it?

“Right now, it looks to me like defenses are ahead of offenses, which is usually true at the beginning of the season.”

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Thats a stretch.

If Saunders was such a "can't miss HC prospect"...why is a still a coordinator?

Hrrrrr.

milkman
09-13-2006, 01:21 PM
You really are prejudiced toward Carl, aren't you?

He made an observation, that's it.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I love all the people that harp on Al being our HC.

If he was soo good, why did Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy get jobs over him?

Archie Bunker
09-13-2006, 01:23 PM
:deevee:

Cry me a f'ing river. Saunders is gone, he will never be a head coach in the NFL, and I am damn glad he is not the head coach in KC.

CoMoChief
09-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Thats a stretch.

If Saunders was such a "can't miss HC prospect"...why is a still a coordinator?

Hrrrrr.

Why have all of the responsibilities as a HC when you can still get HC money for being an OC?!?! I believe he was offered the HC job in OAK and Nebraska a season ago.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2006, 01:27 PM
I love all the people that harp on Al being our HC.

If he was soo good, why did Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy get jobs over him?

Why didnt we give these guys a shot at the job? They have 10 times more upside than Herm!

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Why have all of the responsibilities as a HC when you can still get HC money for being an OC?!?! I believe he was offered the HC job in OAK and Nebraska a season ago.

Lets see the worst NFL job and a college job even though its one of the best in the country aren't exactly the best situations.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Carl taking a shot at the guy he should have hired to replace Vermeil. .”

don't take offense, but the only people who will agree with you is Al Saunders.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Why didnt we give these guys a shot at the job? They have 10 times more upside than Herm!

Easily, easily the dumbest post I have ever read on Chiefsplanet.

Easily.

McCarthy, 10x more upside than Herm? I'm literally dying laughing.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
09-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Taking a shot at Saunders?
Man you are ate up with hate for Carl.

milkman
09-13-2006, 01:30 PM

Peyton maybe, but McCarthy, no effing way.

There's a lot of guys I would rather have hired, but McCarthy has never accomplished anything.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Taking a shot at Saunders?
Man you are ate up with hate for Carl.

Dude he was complaining that we didnt have an allpro backup for Roaf when he retired out of the blue.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 01:32 PM
I love this place.

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking Flori...I mean kccm88 must have fallen down naked in front of Carl at Camp, and the therapist has been unable to remove the pain caused by the Atomic KONCHO!! he shocked him with to impress the guys.

tk13
09-13-2006, 01:33 PM
The wheels on the bus go around and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, over Al Saunders' head...

Baby Lee
09-13-2006, 01:34 PM
How in the heck is that a shot at Saunders?

1. He states we're running the Saunders', 'Our,' 'The KC Chiefs'' O, without any changes. Sounds like he supports the system if he's making that particular point.

2. He states that, in general D is ahead of O at this point in the season. That's execution, not scheme.

Baby Lee
09-13-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm thinking Flori...I mean kccm88 must have fallen down naked in front of Carl at Camp, and the therapist has been unable to remove the pain caused by the Atomic KONCHO!! he shocked him with to impress the guys.
He's an analyst. He's a therapist. He's an analrapist.

Kyle401
09-13-2006, 01:35 PM
If Carl keeps it up, he and Saunders will be on Springer before the season is over.

jAZ
09-13-2006, 01:36 PM
“Right now, it looks to me like defenses are ahead of offenses, which is usually true at the beginning of the season.”
Yeah, he's totally going after Saunders.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok who is the bigger idiot with quotes KCChiefsfan88 on Carl or Mecca with Brett Favre?

tk13
Really, I thought we looked a lot like the same offense, I don't know what everyone's complaining about. But, I'm tired of hearing this garbage. The Redskins have run the offense for one game, it's really a bit different. And it's not an excuse. I am really tired of everything that goes wrong at Arrowhead being somebody else's fault.

keg in kc
How in the heck is that a shot at Saunders?

1. He states we're running the Saunders', 'Our,' 'The KC Chiefs'' O, without any changes. Sounds like he supports the system if he's making that particular point.

2. He states that, in general D is ahead of O at this point in the season. That's execution, not scheme....

God I hope we win Sunday just to shut all this shit up. For two weeks at least.

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Really, I thought we looked a lot like the same offense, I don't know what everyone's complaining about. But, I'm tired of hearing this garbage. The Redskins have run the offense for one game, it's really a bit different. And it's not an excuse. I am really tired of everything that goes wrong at Arrowhead being somebody else's fault.

Ironcially its the same offense they have been running under Gibbs, just with a little more flair. Gibbs and Saunders were on the same staff under Coryell.

mikey23545
09-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Bush = CP

Jaz = KCChiefsfan88

tk13
09-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Ironcially its the same offense they have been running under Gibbs, just with a little more flair. Gibbs and Saunders were on the same staff under Coryell.
Yeah I know. I wanted Herm, but Al is a fine offensive coordinator. I'm just growing tired of hearing this crap. DV had a national stage the other night, you didn't hear him taking any shots at Gun or Carl.

CoMoChief
09-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Lets see the worst NFL job and a college job even though its one of the best in the country aren't exactly the best situations.

I dont think that was the issue. A NFL HC job is a NFL HC job. Usually most new-hired coaches go into shitty situations which is why the previous coach was fired. Herm is (or was) in a very good situation coming to a team where the coach retired and to a team that was 10-6 who barely missed the playoffs and was ready to make one more SB run with the vets we had. NFL coaches go to coach college teams all the time, especially schools with national prominence like NEB does.

In Saunders case, Dan Snyder was willing to flop out the big fat checkbook and give Saunders HC money, just like he did to Greg Williams so no other team would snatch him away. Got to respect the guy for trying to win. I will ask again why take a HC position and have all of the franchise's responsibilities fall onto your shoulders when you can have HC money for just focusing on the offese and nothing else? No one here can really argue that he's not qualified for a HC job. I dont know why Sean Payton, Eric Mangini, and others got jobs over Saunders and neither do you. But you can't say that he wasn't qualified for the job.

CoMoChief
09-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, he's totally going after Saunders.

In that quote he wasn't, but when he talked about the KC offense not working last night in WASH, yes that was a slam on Saunders.

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 02:13 PM
I've got the new theme song for florida..kccm88's new TV show. *cue music jingle*

He hates his liver and his Guts
One Time at bandcamp...
Carl jammed his fin-ger
in his butt.

He can't forgive him
So He grabs the bong
The images haunts him
he saw His mama on Carl's Dong

He hates Carl 'cause he G.M's bad....
he's gonna melt down when Mauri Povich reveals that....
Carl....Peterson.....is his dad.

duh duhduh Dum.

*end Jingle*

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 02:19 PM
In that quote he wasn't, but when he talked about the KC offense not working last night in WASH, yes that was a slam on Saunders.

Actually, it wasn't a slam.

It was a STATEMENT OF THE OBVIOUS.

Only the people that think Jesus Saunders can do no wrong see it as anything other than what it is...

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I love this place.I never go anywhere else.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Bush = CP

Jaz = KCChiefsfan88CP lied and Chiefs fans died.

DonJaun
09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I know im Sick of Carl's Excuses. Its always someone else fault. AL should have been our HC and done what he wanted with Gunther. I SAY we have been through enough head coaches i think its time for a new GM. cARL HAS ALWAYS GOTTON MAYBE a hand full of good players and the rest have been enough to drag us down. But as much as people are down on Carl and Herm, if they pull out the Impossible by beating Denver in Mile high They will be the best thing since toilet paper . But im still not buyin it. Get rid of Carl and let the New GM Clean house!

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 02:36 PM

Only the people that think Jesus Saunders can do no wrong see it as anything other than what it is...Gunther had DT, and Saunders had Roaf.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Al would have made no difference the other day. We might have scored 4 more points. Big whoop.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Al would have made no difference the other day. We might have scored 4 more points. Big whoop.

AL SAUNDERS DESERVED TO BE OUR HEAD COACH!!! KING CARL ROBBED HIM!!!

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 02:42 PM

Only the people that think Jesus Saunders can do no wrong see it as anything other than what it is...

I don't know if I was AS I think I would take it as a slam but that is just me.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I wasn't on the Saunders bandwagon but I don't think Carl should be pointing out how Saunders is doing in relation to our team.....saying "hey look he sucks too!" doesn't change anything about this team. And frankly it makes Carl look like a petty douche.

dirk digler
09-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I wasn't on the Saunders bandwagon but I don't think Carl should be pointing out how Saunders is doing in relation to our team.....saying "hey look he sucks too!" doesn't change anything about this team. And frankly it makes Carl look like a petty douche.

I tend to agree

CoMoChief
09-13-2006, 02:47 PM

Dont think they cant be both of the same.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 02:51 PM
It wouldn't matter WHAT Carl said, people would complain.

He could say the sky is blue and people would be up in arms about it.

What he said is 100% unmitigated fact. If Al Saunders thinks it's a slam, perhaps he should perform better...

Mecca
09-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Well when someone says something about the Redskins performance, I doubt he's going to go. "Did you see my former team in KC they suck without me and that GM is stupid, they're in no better position."

It just makes Carl look low class in my opinion the guy is no longer with the organization how about you don't talk about him seeing as he has 0 to do with the team now.

dtebbe
09-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I guess making all your skill position players run 30 yards before the snap makes you a genous (cp spellun)

DT

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Well when someone says something about the Redskins performance, I doubt he's going to go. "Did you see my former team in KC they suck without me and that GM is stupid, they're in no better position."

It just makes Carl look low class in my opinion the guy is no longer with the organization how about you don't talk about him seeing as he has 0 to do with the team now.

Carl didn't make this about Saunders, the people asking the questions did.

He can keep quiet and people will continue to bitch about how the offense has changed.

Or he can cite specific examples of how the offense hasn't changed and further accentuate the fact by bringing up the performance of the ONE GUY everybody wants to talk about.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think that Chiefsnation in general is the saddest lot in all of sports. Ridiculous.