PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Herm Wed. Press conference on NFL Network

TinyEvel
09-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Here's what I remember:

He said the team responded well to Sunday's defeat, thay have good attitudes and they're focused on fixing the problems on both sides of the ball. (makes me optimistic, but what else was he going to say)

Sampson practiced 100 percent. He will start on Sunday

Said Gardner practiced but will not suit up for Denver. He had a weird smirk on his face (like he was holding back a smile) when responding to how Gardner will fit in. He said, yeah, he'll fit in, we're determining how he will fit in, in this offense we're playing (quote paraphrased)
He confirmed that Hannon will be moved to the practice squad.

They played nothing (if there were questions) about the o-line, other than the removal of Sampson from the injury report.

He was asked about the bootleg again, and he told the reporter to get a tape of his past press conference.

That's about all the things I remember them showing. I don't think it was the full PC. I bet that might already be up on line.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Good to hear Sampson is starting.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Sampson has more potential than Black, so that's good news.

If we can just get Huard to manage the game and not make any mistakes, we'll be fine. He's not Trent Green.

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2006, 02:18 PM
All I hear is this guy when Herm speaks

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Huard didn't look all that bad throwing the ball.

He's just got to HANG ONTO IT when the pressure comes.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Huard couldn't get the ball to receivers. He looked two places: RB, TE. If I saw that tendency, dungver certainly saw it... and will gameplan accordingly.

DMAC
09-13-2006, 02:22 PM
All I hear is this guy when Herm speaksROFL
That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable, delicious, scrumptious, outstanding, outrageous, egregious, preposterous, lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous...
...Oh, and by the way, they're real, and they're spectacular.

HemiEd
09-13-2006, 02:22 PM

You mean like pulling in to his body instead of holding it out like a sack lunch?

DMAC
09-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Huard couldn't get the ball to receivers. He looked two places: RB, TE. I see that as a good thing. Force that ball into Tony, he WILL catch it.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2006, 02:28 PM

I thought his passes to TG looked good, tight coverage. He put it where the big man could get it. Done it with some confidence as well.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I see that as a good thing. Force that ball into Tony, he WILL catch it.

It is actually a BAD thing: if the QB never looks outside you need only man-up on the corners and shove everyone else up to the LOS to stuff the run.

Expect a lot of 8/9 man fronts and blitzing.

It is going to be ugly.

ChiefsKing
09-13-2006, 02:31 PM
All I hear is this guy when Herm speaks

That made me laugh! I think he has reminded me of Jackie since I first seen him speak.

htismaqe
09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Huard couldn't get the ball to receivers. He looked two places: RB, TE. If I saw that tendency, dungver certainly saw it... and will gameplan accordingly.

Part of the reason he didn't get the ball to a WR is because he didn't have time.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Part of the reason he didn't get the ball to a WR is because he didn't have time.

In many cases true, but he also appeared to look to the underneath first (ala Todd Collins).

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Short passes are the best way to get rid of a pass rush.

jspchief
09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
The good news: No more Jordan Black at tackle

The bad news: In regards to pass blocking, I'm not sure Sampson will be much better.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 02:55 PM

:spock:

They're the best way to throw for 3 yd gains. Are you seriously trying to tell me Hackett's offense is what we need to switch to?

RealSNR
09-13-2006, 02:58 PM
The good news: No more Jordan Black at tackle

The bad news: In regards to pass blocking, I'm not sure Sampson will be much better.That was my point

ChiefFan31
09-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Im glad to hear Sampson will be playing this week. I was worried yesterday at Herm's reaction when questioned about it. Thank God we wont have that turnstyle playing RT for us.

That being said, we are going to need to help him. TE at times, chip from the back.

I just hope that magically they can work in conjunction. I remember one play in preseason where a back came up to chip on the outside, and Sampson lost his position and the DE bounced back to the inside and beat Sampson :banghead:

People are bitching about Huard tossing it to only Gonzo, one question. Were the WR's open at all?? Even with the Bengals loading up the box?

Why did we sign Rod Gardner if our QB's were missing open receivers all day? Dante seems like a great disappearing act as our 3rd wide.

bkkcoh
09-13-2006, 03:10 PM

not too mention play action passes if you are successful in the running game

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2006, 04:29 PM
What is Huard's arm strength like? does anyone know?