PDA

View Full Version : Herm, Solari, Gunther aside

bogie
09-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Do we stand a chance against Denver with Huard? Does he have the skills to perform at this level, or is it basically, start the season when/if Green comes back? I'd like to think if we fix some of the problems (O line for one) the team had in game one, even with Huard, we can beat Denver. Is that possible?

DaFace
09-13-2006, 02:46 PM
I'd say that we have a chance, but it's going to have to come from our defense. If they can hold them and get a few turnover's from Plummer, we have a chance. But there's no way that we'll win it on our offense's production.

Overall, I'd give us about a 20% chance of winning.

Chiefnj
09-13-2006, 02:49 PM
I didn't see the Rams game so it's tough to say. If the Broncos played that game like the Chiefs or Raiders played this past week, then sure they stand a chance.

The Chiefs could get lucky and get one of the three yearly Jake Plummer complete melt down games.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I'd advise betting all the money you have on Denver this week...

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Ill just said as ive said before. I wouldnt let Huard start on my Arena League team if i was the coach. Our best chance is to use the Chargers strategy against the Raiders the other night. Of course, this also requires a stout defense and and complete execution. Something i dont trust can happen 100%

CosmicPal
09-13-2006, 02:54 PM
I didn't see the Rams game so it's tough to say. If the Broncos played that game like the Chiefs or Raiders played this past week, then sure they stand a chance.

The Rams played a remarkable Defensive scheme: Their goal was to attack Plummer and force him to make mistakes. They didn't focus on the running game- they knew Denver was going to run and get some yards, but they figured if they could blitz and force Plummer to make mistakes, then they would come out ahead.

Honestly, the Chiefs ought to be doing the same: we have enough speed in our LB's to do just that- send everyone and force Plummer into making mistakes.

Denver's D was outstanding though. They managed to prevent St. Louis from scoring TD's. It could've easily have been 45-0 by half-time, but Denver's D did a remarkable job of keeping the Rams out of the end zone. The Rams were able to run the ball on Denver, so I see no reason why we shouldn't be running the hell out of LJ.

MOhillbilly
09-13-2006, 02:58 PM
w/ a back up QB and unproven Oline and D-system win the turnover battle.

Archie Bunker
09-13-2006, 03:02 PM
The Chiefs have a chance if they get LJ going early and the D stops the bootleg and gets Plummer rattled. Plummer has the ability to beat the Broncos for us. He is the key. If Huard has to throw it more than 20 times the Chiefs chances are slim IMO.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:06 PM
No.

KC sucks in dungver.
KC's OL is shaky at best.
KC's D is slightly improved but still showed an inability to stop the bootleg (see: Houston game).
Dungver lost a road opener... will be prepared to face a division foe in their home opener.
Huard is KC's starting QB.

I think KC is going to get demolished.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I'd say that we have a chance, but it's going to have to come from our defense. If they can hold them and get a few turnover's from Plummer, we have a chance. But there's no way that we'll win it on our offense's production.

Overall, I'd give us about a 20% chance of winning.I think Herm should quote DV in saying, "It's time for the D to take the diapers off". No longer can they count on the O to bail them out.

MOhillbilly
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
No.

KC sucks in dungver.
KC's OL is shaky at best.
KC's D is slightly improved but still showed an inability to stop the bootleg (see: Houston game).
Dungver lost a road opener... will be prepared to face a division foe in their home opener.
Huard is KC's starting QB.

I think KC is going to get demolished.

Cheese will do for brains when youre lucky.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Cheese will do for brains when youre lucky.

lol
I have no idea wtf that means! :D

MOhillbilly
09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
lol
I have no idea wtf that means! :D

somehow i doubt that.

bogie
09-13-2006, 03:25 PM
If the D plays up to the expectations I had before the Cinci game, they'll be better this week. If Turley plays like I think he can, we'll be better. If LJ, Gonzalez, Hall, Parker, Kennison can get theirs, we can be a good O, with or without Green. We'll be even better with Green. If the stars align and the D gets into Jake's grill, we can beat Denver. So, there ya' go.

MOhillbilly
09-13-2006, 03:27 PM
If the D plays up to the expectations I had before the Cinci game, they'll be better this week. If Turley plays like I think he can, we'll be better. If LJ, Gonzalez, Hall, Parker, Kennison can get theirs, we can be a good O, with or without Green. We'll be even better with Green. If the stars align and the D gets into Jake's grill, we can beat Denver. So, there ya' go.

i dont believe we will ever be a good defense until gunther is gone and or herm starts calling the schemes plays.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:27 PM
I do know that IF KC manages to win this Sunday, the dungver fans need to be fed HUGE mounds of shit for the loss!!! :D

DaFace
09-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I do know that IF KC manages to win this Sunday, the dungver fans need to be fed HUGE mounds of shit for the loss!!! :D

Although I do agree, I'd argue that Jets fans deserve just as much. Denver's fans have been relatively quiet this week, while we've endured no fewer than 5 arrogant Jets trolls coming in to say "I told ya so!"

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
It'll be interesting to watch. I just hope we don't get our asses handed to us. I think we can win and I have one of my rare gut feelings, but it's an awfully tall order.

It'll tell us more about the team than week 1, I think, either way.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Although I do agree, I'd argue that Jets fans deserve just as much. Denver's fans have been relatively quiet this week, while we've endured no fewer than 5 arrogant Jets trolls coming in to say "I told ya so!"

True, but who really gives a shit what J-E-T-S, Just End The Season! fans have to say? ;)

Donkey fans will deserve shit for YEARS of the smacque they've flung. To lose this home opener against a severely crippled KC squad would be huge. It may go down as one of their most embarassing moments ever.

Frankie
09-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Our only chance is if Denver underestimates us because Trent is not playing.

Calcountry
09-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Our only chance is if Denver underestimates us because Trent is not playing.This is a real possibility, but Shanahan is much too smart for that. He is Super Genious.

Psyko Tek
09-13-2006, 05:14 PM
The Chiefs have a chance if they get LJ going early and the D stops the bootleg and gets Plummer rattled. Plummer has the ability to beat the Broncos for us. He is the key. If Huard has to throw it more than 20 times the Chiefs chances are slim IMO.

archie's right

we need to get them innna hole, once they start depended on plummmer we can blitz the **** outta them, play man and kill the boot

if we can't stop the boot I would hate to be living in bronco country...

which I do
come on guys win this for me

farmerchief
09-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Do we stand a chance against Denver with Huard? Does he have the skills to perform at this level, or is it basically, start the season when/if Green comes back? I'd like to think if we fix some of the problems (O line for one) the team had in game one, even with Huard, we can beat Denver. Is that possible?
Possible? Perhaps, as even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!