PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson Pouting?

jspchief
09-13-2006, 02:55 PM
OK, let me start by saying i just caught a small part of this on the radio. But some guy was basically saying that LJ had a bad attitude on Sunday about his role in the game.

Anyone at the game, or anyone that taped it (first game I didn't Tivo in a long time)... Did LJ just walk off the field when Gonzo scored? Didn't celebrate or congratulate anyone, just walked away?

Curious if anyone else saw anything like this.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Nick Athan mentioned he saw something akin to that in his Monday Morning QB.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 02:57 PM
He was probably pissed. We were down what, 20-3 when Gonzo scored? And there was how much time left on the clock... 9 minutes?

Deberg_1990
09-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh come on.....Id have a bad attitude too if my team just got its butt kicked and embarrassed the way they did on Sunday. This is nonsense. How do you expect him to act??? All smiles???

ChiefFan31
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
LJ is pissed off about something? No way jose!

That does kinda suck if he did that though. Gotta be a good teammate regardless. If he is so pissed then he will get his chance to do something about it come Sunday :)

JBucc
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
He's probably thinking he's got this cool coach who he likes that wants to run the ball and he's gonna be a feature back for a good team, and then he gets the ball 17 times, his o-line is falling apart, and his QB goes down. Not much to celebrate about.

BTW LJ, get used to 9 man fronts, you'll be seeing them an aweful lot

Dartgod
09-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh come on.....Id have a bad attitude too if my team just got its butt kicked and embarrassed the way they did on Sunday. This is nonsense. How do you expect him to act??? All smiles???
Exactly. Then everyone could bitch about how LJ was yucking it up while we were getting our asses handed to us.

jspchief
09-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh come on.....Id have a bad attitude too if my team just got its butt kicked and embarrassed the way they did on Sunday. This is nonsense. How do you expect him to act??? All smiles???I don't know, how did the rest of the team act? Did Gonzo and Huard celebrate?

Or better yet, LJ didn't seem to mind celebrating when he scored in games we were losing last year.

I wonder if it had anything to do with knowing his 100 yd game streak was going to end.

HC_Chief
09-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I don't know, how did the rest of the team act? Did Gonzo and Huard celebrate?

Or better yet, LJ didn't seem to mind celebrating when he scored in games we were losing last year.

I wonder if it had anything to do with knowing his 100 yd game streak was going to end.

Gonzo didn't celebrate. No spike... no "dunk". He accepted a high-five from Huard, but the whole team seemed "business-like".

As I said, it was late and we were WAY down.

Whoever said LJ was "pouting" is trying to manufacture a story.

vailpass
09-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Nick Athan fabricated something akin to that as he squatted over my face for his Monday Morning BM.

FYP

Iowanian
09-13-2006, 03:05 PM
The team had alot of work to do before they had much room to celebrate.

Speaking of....early in, it sure looked like Sims was playing with some fire in his fat belly.

kcxiv
09-13-2006, 03:14 PM
all 53 men in uniforms, plus the coaching staff front office, 77,000 chiefs fans in arrowhead, and Chiefs fans around the world should be pissed.

keg in kc
09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Exactly. Then everyone could bitch about how LJ was yucking it up while we were getting our asses handed to us.For reference, see: "Our QB smiles after an incompletion".

Adept Havelock
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't blame him if he was pissed. All the talk of using him, running more, and he gets the rock a whopping 17 times.

Logical
09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
OK, let me start by saying i just caught a small part of this on the radio. But some guy was basically saying that LJ had a bad attitude on Sunday about his role in the game.

Anyone at the game, or anyone that taped it (first game I didn't Tivo in a long time)... Did LJ just walk off the field when Gonzo scored? Didn't celebrate or congratulate anyone, just walked away?

Curious if anyone else saw anything like this.I would not call that pouting or an example of a bad attitude. Probably more like resignation that the score was too little to late. Time to start preparing for the next series of downs.

Hootie
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
this is bullshit...

LJ celebrated all of his TD's last year because when he scored, we were either winning or very close to winning. Name a game in which LJ scored where we were either NOT winning, or not close to winning? Other than the Denver game week 3, we didn't get blown out all year long, not even by a long shot.

picasso
09-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't blame him if he was pissed. All the talk of using him, running more, and he gets the rock a whopping 17 times.

Hey you gotta do something when you get it.
It was different when Priest carried it in short yardage he could get us the 3 or 4 tough yards for a 1st down with his short peekaboo burst attack. LJ has flashes of patience and other times errors in judgement going full speed ahead due to patience. LJ needs to get a lower center of gravity charging at a tackling defender. He can hit a gap running, but when he has to go head up on a defender behind the line he lacks power. Past the line the defenders tend to skip off of him because of his speed.

Frankie
09-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Let's face it. As much as we all think he's God's gift to us I really dread the contract renewal time. I hope I'm wrong, but LJ is the 'me' type of player who will probably jump to another team when we really need him.

Hootie
09-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Let's face it. As much as we all think he's God's gift to us I really dread the contract renewal time. I hope I'm wrong, but LJ is the 'me' type of player who will probably jump to another team when we really need him.
Well that's why we have a franchise tag, isn't it?

He's not going anywhere unless someone is willing to give us two first rounders.

Don't know what people don't understand about the NFL and the franchise tag.

Frankie
09-13-2006, 04:09 PM

He's not going anywhere unless someone is willing to give us two first rounders.

I understand the franchise tag. But do you remember the last time someone gave someone 2 1sts for a tagged player? When it comes time for that he will probably pull a TO on us to force us to get rid of him cheap.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Keep trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit...

hawkchief
09-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Diapers, anyone?

TinyEvel
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM
I was at the sideline fence after the game, The guys just hit the tunnel and did not even look up. Gonzo threw his gloves to us and didn't even look up when he did that.

I watched the broadcast this mornig for the first time. We screwed up anything we had going good for us. Bad turnovers. There were huge drive killers all over the place. The only consistent F-up I noticed was the O-line letting them get to the QB.
It was one of those games where it seemed we were jinxed after the first quarter (at the end of Q1 we had something like 9 yds per play and they had 3.) Guys get frustrated and composure gets lost. I'm talking about the o-line. Did you see Shileds shaking his head after the Huard Sack?
Actually, Huard made a nice shoestring tackle to possibly save an instant TD on that one.

I haven't heard anyone comment on the "fake blitz" that resulted in the Kawika tip of the short pass up the middle. That, and the punt fake, and the opening play with the Kennison reverse gave me hope that they're showing some guts/imagination. at least more than what I expected, given the "boring football" warnings we've been hearing for months.

Fish
09-13-2006, 04:43 PM
This is 100% opinion, but...

I think LJ is just so competitive that he was angry with himself as much as anybody. The guy plays very emotional, and that can be good and bad. I don't think he's as selfish as people would like to believe. Yeah, he wants the rock, and he wants it as much as possible, but I think he still wants the team to win more than anything.

Mecca
09-13-2006, 04:50 PM

Even so you can't force someone to play for you that doesn't want to.

Hootie
09-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Even so you can't force someone to play for you that doesn't want to.
LJ might complain, but it's not in his makeup to sacrifice a year of his career to get out of KC.

He's not leaving anytime soon, that's for sure. Barring injury, he'll be here at least 5-7 more years, may be a lifetime Chief.

Marcellus
09-13-2006, 06:40 PM
LJ might complain, but it's not in his makeup to sacrifice a year of his career to get out of KC.

He's not leaving anytime soon, that's for sure. Barring injury, he'll be here at least 5-7 more years, may be a lifetime Chief.

If he gets paid,he will play. Peterson will pay him because he is Carl's boy.

It's like Gonzo, he will always be a Chief. He is one of Carl's picks.He will get paid.

Larry will get at least one more contract as long as Carl is GM.

runnercyclist
09-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Exactly. Then everyone could bitch about how LJ was yucking it up while we were getting our asses handed to us.

Like Jerry Porter

bringbackmarty
09-13-2006, 10:03 PM
this is bullshit...

LJ celebrated all of his TD's last year because when he scored, we were either winning or very close to winning. Name a game in which LJ scored where we were either NOT winning, or not close to winning? Other than the Denver game week 3, we didn't get blown out all year long, not even by a long shot.
yeah but we got our asses handed to us in buffalo, and new york.

GRANDMA-MA27
09-13-2006, 10:40 PM
id be pissed 2, how does LJ not get more carries, give me a break, herm needs 2 watch chiefs games from last yr, i dont care wat the losses were on the o-line.

Rausch
09-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I've never celebrated any part of a defeat myself.

I don't beleive it in.

Unless it's a drinking contest...

blueballs
09-14-2006, 12:28 AM
pissed off man-beast
= good

jspchief
09-14-2006, 05:56 AM
LJ might complain, but it's not in his makeup to sacrifice a year of his career to get out of KC. In his short time in KC, he's already proven that it is in his makeup.

He admitted to brushing off meetings and not learning blocking assignments in an attempt to be traded a few years back.

Dartgod
09-14-2006, 06:47 AM
I love this place.

LJ didn't celebrate a meaningless TD in a game where we basically got our asses kicked (not to mention our starting QB got carted off the field) and a few of you now have him holding out for a trade rather than accept the francise tag when his contract expires in a few years.

:shake:

Skip Towne
09-14-2006, 07:09 AM
I like having LJ pissed off. Some poor bastard is gonna pay.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2006, 07:44 AM
I honestly think that Trent getting Knocked out cold and having been carted off the field on a stretcher put a damper on all the players. I don't think anybody felt like rejoicing about anything.