PDA

View Full Version : Foley's blood alcohol level 0.233 percent when shot

ferrarispider95
09-14-2006, 12:40 PM
SAN DIEGO -- Chargers linebacker Steve Foley had a blood-alcohol level was 0.233 percent, nearly three times California's legal limit of 0.08 percent, when he was shot Sept. 3 outside his home.

Foley

Prosecutors on Thursday noted the level in an affidavit for a search warrant as they requested a blood sample from Foley on suspicion that he was using performance-enhancing drugs when he was shot and seriously wounded by an off-duty police officer.

Authorities have no evidence that Foley was using performance-enhancing drugs but want to test his blood because the linebacker has had previous run-ins with law enforcement, according to the affidavit

Investigators have already asked prosecutors to charge Foley with misdemeanor drunk driving.

"His history of aggressive and even violent contact with law enforcement indicates the possibility of more than mere alcohol involvement," wrote criminal investigator Dan Nordell. "[Steroids] can cause erratic behavior in those that use them. This has been given names like 'roid rage for the uncontrollable outbursts and violence experienced by some users."

Foley's attorney, John G. Phillips, did not immediately respond to a phone message.

Authorities are seeking the blood sample from Sharp Memorial Hospital, where Foley was reported in fair condition earlier this week.

Foley was shot three times -- twice in the back of the left leg and once on the outside of the left thigh -- by an off-duty Coronado police officer near his home in suburban Poway. San Diego County sheriff's officials said the officer followed Foley's car on suspicion that the driver was drunk.

According to the sheriff's department, Foley got out of the car and began walking toward the officer, who said he was armed and fired a warning shot. The officer shot Foley after the linebacker reached into his pants with his right hand.

The officer, Aaron Mansker, has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Since 1999, Foley has been arrested at least five times, including cases that police say involved alcohol and confrontations with officers, The San Diego Union-Tribune has reported.

In April, he was arrested for investigation of resisting arrest after police said he scuffled with officers. He also was booked for investigation of battery on a police officer and public drunkenness, but the district attorney's office decided there wasn't enough evidence to bring charges in that case.

Before that, Foley pleaded guilty to drunken driving in Louisiana in 1999 and received probation.

ferrarispider95
09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Imagine how much alcohol that guy consumed to have a .233 at his size. NO wonder that cop shot him, a 265lb wasted dude coming at you would be pretty intimidating.

Inspector
09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Did he used to be a Raider???

Fish
09-14-2006, 12:44 PM
He's no Lawrence Tynes.....

Eleazar
09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
How much does someone listed at 265 lbs have to drink to get to .233?

Edit - According to a BAC calculator I found on the web, that would be about 20 beers in a 5 hour period.

ferrarispider95
09-14-2006, 12:47 PM
I volunteered to help the Police once by getting drunk at the station and they performed tests on me to look for visible signs and how to properly administer tests. It was me and my buddy and about 6 other people.

Anyways after drinking 9 beers in a row, I barely blew a .10 and at that time there is no way I would have driven. However, I am guessing my BAC would have probably risen some with a little more time. I weighed in at 200 lbs.

NJ Chief Fan
09-14-2006, 12:48 PM
cops are gay blah blah blah we think hes using performing enhancers EAT SHIT PIGGIES, i dont care for foley, but i do hope he recovers from the gun shots, and i am very much against drunk driving, but these pigs are just, i dont know SCREW YOU PIGS EAT MY SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF THE TOILET

jidar
09-14-2006, 12:48 PM
How much does someone listed at 265 lbs have to drink to get to .233?

Edit - According to a BAC calculator I found on the web, that would be about 20 beers in a 5 hour period.

20? what a lightweight

ferrarispider95
09-14-2006, 12:55 PM
I wonder if the affects of alcohol have more or less the affect on a guy that is 265 lbs and a muscular build to a 265lb fat ass?

banyon
09-14-2006, 01:09 PM
He's still got nothing on the Lithuanian guy (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/2006/05/drunk_trucker_breaks_record.html).

DMAC
09-14-2006, 01:11 PM
He's still got nothing on the Lithuanian guy (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/2006/05/drunk_trucker_breaks_record.html).Hoooly Schnikes!!!!!!

ChiefsfaninPA
09-14-2006, 01:15 PM
I wonder if he does test positive for high level of a performance enhancer does this call into question the rest of those Charger D players? The 5-0 might be onto something.

beer bacon
09-14-2006, 01:18 PM
cops are gay blah blah blah we think hes using performing enhancers EAT SHIT PIGGIES, i dont care for foley, but i do hope he recovers from the gun shots, and i am very much against drunk driving, but these pigs are just, i dont know SCREW YOU PIGS EAT MY SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF THE TOILET

Is this your Steve Foley impression or what?

banyon
09-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Hoooly Schnikes!!!!!!

I actually should've posted the full article link (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/23/D8HPG6OG1.html) which contains this nugget:

"A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.

Sungaila, who was slapped with a 3,000 litas ($1,110) fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.

StcChief
09-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Apparently he has a high tolerance level.....

Eleazar
09-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Apparently he has a high tolerance level.....

Well, I don't think that attacking cops until you are shot 3 times indicates you handled your drink very well.

Marcellus
09-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Does anybody else find it odd he was shot twice in the back of his left leg if he was advancing toward the cop?

HemiEd
09-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Does anybody else find it odd he was shot twice in the back of his left leg if he was advancing toward the cop?

Maybe he was "cartwheeling" towards the cop?

Good to see Marty is getting his profile guys in San Diego similar to his last couple of years with KC.

Skip Towne
09-14-2006, 08:20 PM
I damn sure think it is weird that he was shot in the back of his leg. Was he charging the cop running backward?

JBucc
09-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Does anybody else find it odd he was shot twice in the back of his left leg if he was advancing toward the cop?damn magic bullets

OldTownChief
09-14-2006, 08:23 PM
I am guessing my BAC would have probably risen some with a little more time. I weighed in at 200 lbs.

Nope, actualy if would have decreased with time. Provided you stopped drinking.

Smed1065
09-14-2006, 08:36 PM

I am glad I am not the only one who wowndered that. he must have shot around the globe, they practice alot. LOL because he ran away after ths first bullet hole? the cop said I do not get paid enougt to see about him first bang..bang...
I'm honored with the idea but **** it. He is a big azz dude. I HIT HIM DAMN IT, FRONT OR BACK...HE's so big at least I it something facing away or not.............

TinyEvel
09-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey, he had to be drunk to order that purple interior. I think he was just shy of installing whilste tips when they popped him.

chief52
09-15-2006, 01:01 AM
That off duty cop should be fired and never, ever allowed to pack a weapon again. While Foley driving was a danger to society, the off duty cop was a much clearer and present danger than Foley. This guy is trained to shoot and obviously is not afraid to. This cop is way, way out of line and needs to be removed from his job permanently.

ChiefFan31
09-15-2006, 01:38 AM
a .23 BAC, does qualify him for a DUI.

He does not deserve to get shot three times for it, by some off-duty cop who a year ago was a security guard at a local community college.

The only reason the Persecutors are requesting a roids test, is simply because they are building their case against him. Why? Because he sure has a case against them.

Immaculate
09-15-2006, 02:28 AM
He's no Lawrence Tynes.....
Quoted for truth.

Tactical Funky
09-15-2006, 04:20 AM
That off duty cop should be fired and never, ever allowed to pack a weapon again. While Foley driving was a danger to society, the off duty cop was a much clearer and present danger than Foley. This guy is trained to shoot and obviously is not afraid to. This cop is way, way out of line and needs to be removed from his job permanently.
Nope.

The cop felt threatened by a huge, angry and extremely intoxicated football player, and obviously didn't shoot to kill - not to mention the girl in the vehicle was looking to run him over at the same time.

If anything, the cop should be reprimanded for not radioing for back-up. :shake:

jspchief
09-15-2006, 06:39 AM
Nope.

The cop felt threatened by a huge, angry and extremely intoxicated football player, and obviously didn't shoot to kill - not to mention the girl in the vehicle was looking to run him over at the same time.

If anything, the cop should be reprimanded for not radioing for back-up. :shake:He did call in backup, they just hadn't arrived yet.

When a cop says stop, you stop. If you don't, you're fair game as far as I'm concerned.

chief52
09-15-2006, 07:03 AM
He did call in backup, they just hadn't arrived yet.

When a cop says stop, you stop. If you don't, you're fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Sh@t. He followed this guy for MILES!!! Back up would have been there. This was not a "cop". It was a guy in the middle of the night in plane clothes and his personal car acting like an idiot. Cops like this are what give real police officers a bad name. This guy should have never approached Foley. He should have observed from a distance while marked cars took over. All he had to do was keep him in the distance. Foley should have never even known this guy was back there. I am not a police officer, but I bet this guy broke tons of rules in how he handled this case. This cop is an idiot and a man almost died because of it. Take away his badge for ever...and his right to pack a weapon.

I support the police 100% and if this had been a marked car with lights, uniforms etc. then fine. But this idiot in his personal car trying to pull him over? I sure as hell am not going to believe a guy like that trying to say he is a police officer. No way in hell. This cop is a loose cannon.

Dartgod
09-15-2006, 07:32 AM
It was a guy in the middle of the night in plane clothes...
He was wearing his pilot's uniform?

Sully
09-15-2006, 07:44 AM

One of the 12 funniest posts, ever.

chief52
09-15-2006, 11:56 AM

Now that's funny right there... ROFL

touche'

CoMoChief
09-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Lawrence Taylor laughs at such petty offenses.

chief52
09-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Lawrence Taylor laughs at such petty offenses.

I do not think you read the thread. Start at down a few posts...

Trust me, it would be over Lawrence Taylor's head.

CoMoChief
09-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Now that's funny right there... ROFL

touche'

Speaking of Pilot's clothes does anyone remember the Man Show episode (With Adam and Jimmy) when they were dressed up in pilots uniforms for major airline companies and they were in the airport bar getting shit faced wasted and everyone was looking at them shocked? Then Adam asked this couple which flight they were on and the said some particular number and Jimmy says "Really? We are too!"