PDA

View Full Version : Coach convicted of paying a player to bean his autistic teammate

pikesome
09-14-2006, 09:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213898,00.html

I'm not sure even nuthooks are enough for this ****er.

MarcBulger
09-14-2006, 09:22 PM
I love winning more than almost anything. When you play public leagues you get stuck with all types of players 3-4 good and 3-4 that would rather be home playin Computer Games. This is why my kids don't play public leagues. But, this is total BS.

The Dude Abides
09-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah, but nuthooks would be a good start....

Smed1065
09-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I love winning more than almost anything. When you play public leagues you get stuck with all types of players 3-4 good and 3-4 that would rather be home playin Computer Games. This is why my kids don't play public leagues. But, this is total BS.

Does that mean you are better than 90% of us, because our kids have to play in public leagues? I did not have a choice. Congrats, I was a failure for PUBLIC league, please forgive me and my family.

KC Jones
09-14-2006, 10:56 PM

Perfect example of how some people are completely ****ed up when it comes to having skewed values. Youth sports have been practically ruined by **** ups like you.

Rausch
09-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Does that mean you are better than 90% of us

No, it means that most kids feel like sport is a "have to" like school, not a "want to."

They'd prefer to sit on their ass and push buttons or yack on their cell phone.

MarcBulger
09-15-2006, 09:13 AM
No my kids are better Baseball and Basketball, players then 90% of the LOCAL kids who attempt to play. Everyone who has coached a public league knows exactly what I am talking about. I did my time in the public leagues when the juniors were young, now its time for them to play with and against good competition. The leagues we play in you must make the team, you are not given a position because you signed up. Our league teaches kids competion makes you a better baseball, basketball, banker, car salesman etc. Public Leauges teach hey don't worry if you suck and never practice you get to play as much as the kids who practice and work hard. Thanks for Playing

StcChief
09-15-2006, 09:40 AM
No my kids are better Baseball and Basketball, players then 90% of the LOCAL kids who attempt to play. Everyone who has coached a public league knows exactly what I am talking about. I did my time in the public leagues when the juniors were young, now its time for them to play with and against good competition. The leagues we play in you must make the team, you are not given a position because you signed up. Our league teaches kids competion makes you a better baseball, basketball, banker, car salesman etc. Public Leauges teach hey don't worry if you suck and never practice you get to play as much as the kids who practice and work hard. Thanks for Playing
Sports makes you better at other occupations.
I completely disagree.

Look at the dumb jocks that can't read, write, do math.... Public or competitive leagues. If sports is more important (or demeed that way)
by parents because they play in competative leagues. Something is wrong.

Why american kids don't measure up in the real world achedemically.

Hoping your kids blow out their ACL.

Valiant
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
I completely disagree.

Look at the dumb jocks that can't read, write, do math.... Public or competitive leagues. If sports is more important (or demeed that way)

Actually sports does make you better at occupations. It builds teamwork skills, helps with outgoingness, teaches better social skills(interaction with others) and bo staff skills compared to those that do not...

But most corporations (Cerner/Sprint) look to see if you play sports during the interview process.. Most companies have teams ala the Missouri games and Company leagues for bragging rights between the corporations...

Ultra Peanut
09-15-2006, 10:03 AM
"You're going to hell, dude."

StcChief
09-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Actually sports does make you better at occupations. It builds teamwork skills, helps with outgoingness, teaches better social skills(interaction with others) and bo staff skills compared to those that do not...

But most corporations (Cerner/Sprint) look to see if you play sports during the interview process.. Most companies have teams ala the Missouri games and Company leagues for bragging rights between the corporations...

The competative/public leagues is my issue. (The better than though attitude) and it's focus.

I'm all for sports for kids to play sports. Regular involved as a kids in pickup neighborhood games and YMCA leagues.

Elitist (try out) leagues for kids now is what I'm against. Fundementals early, let kids learn to play together from all
skill levels. Just like real work, your work team is not made up of all elite people.

Let school sports in HS build on this. If your good enough, smart enough
to get ahead in sports, achedemics great.

At least you learned to play with kids at all levels early in life.

Too many so called Elite players only get there thru $$$. Skills are not always better.

I may go to hell, I'll be there with Elite/non-elite folks too.

KC Kings
09-15-2006, 10:13 AM
I completely disagree.

That's odd, I am in an IT shop of very smart people, and out of 9 of us only one of us didn't play sports. Our best tech just left us, and prior to working here he was a Defensive captain out of Notre Dame and played a short time in the NFL.
But I guess since he is a big, black, jock, he was just pretending to be extremely intellegent.

There are 2 types of leagues: recreational and competitive. Rec leagues are for fun, everybody makes the team, and everybody plays. Competive leagues are there to compete, and if you suck you don't make the team. 99% of all competitive leagues are more talented that rec leagues. The only exception is is you have a rec league where you have automatics, and you play with the same kids year after year, (which allows you to pick your own team and keep out the scrubs).

99.9999999999% of people won't play sports professionally. If your kids likes winning and is good enough, let them play competitive. If they don't care and aren't very good, let them play rec leagues. I had just as much fun playing YMCA baseball as any other kid had playing 3-2. I had just as much fun playing SSJAA youth football, as any other kid had playing Pop Warner.

jidar
09-15-2006, 10:16 AM
so.. that's a Microsoft centric IT shop then.

kepp
09-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I love winning more than almost anything. When you play public leagues you get stuck with all types of players 3-4 good and 3-4 that would rather be home playin Computer Games. This is why my kids don't play public leagues.
Here:

http://www.askachildpsychologist.com/
http://www.mentalhealth.samhsa.gov/publications/allpubs/CA-0007/default.asp

...these may come in handy later. Just sayin...

Hound333
09-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Statistics show that students in extracurricular sports do better in the classroom. This is because they have a reason to do good. If you don't pass you don't play.

I don't have a problem with either style here. As long as you don't push your kid into something they don't want to do. To many of my parents have kids on 3 to 4 teams in one season. (ie two soccer teams and a volleyball team/football team) The kids barely have time for themselves because they have practice 6-7 nights a week. These of course are also the parents that complain we give to much homework lol.

whoman69
09-15-2006, 12:22 PM
As the father of a 9 year old autistic, I wouldn't put him in a situation where he is not ready to compete, especially in a sport where he can be hurt like baseball. I will play catch with him but there is no way I'm going to stick a coach in a situation where he has to explain everything to someone who is not necessarily going to understand.
That said the coach is way out of line. If it wasn't this autistic boy, then it was going to be someone else who is not gifted. We had a boy on our team when I was in little league who could never get a hit and several others who weren't very good either. My father was the coach and they played in every game. Nobody ever said anything to those kids because everyone knew the way it went. The game is not going to hinge on one player. When that boy who couldn't hit finally got a hit, you never heard such a yell of excitement coming from out team. It must have made him feel a mile high.
I think my son is going to be a good runner and when he is in high school I will get feedback from the coach on how he can be integrated on the team. It will be hard because I'm not sure if he will be able to follow the courses.

StcChief
09-15-2006, 01:32 PM
"You're going to hell, dude."

Thanks GOD, I appreciate knowing in advance....Might as well start raping and pillaging now.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
09-15-2006, 01:38 PM
i hope someone beats the hell outa that coach really soon.

maybe he'll learn a little empathy.

Smed1065
09-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Can I, Can I ?

Brock
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Actually sports does make you better at occupations.

Depends on the job, I suppose. But for the most part, I'd say that's BS.

Mr. Laz
09-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Can I, Can I ?

sure ...... give him a swift kick in the face for me while your at it.

Phobia
09-15-2006, 02:28 PM
I think this situation calls for lots and lots of antifreeze.

Marcellus
09-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Depends on the job, I suppose. But for the most part, I'd say that's BS.

I would say it entirely depends on the person. Unless the job is sports related.

Some kids take to the team concept, some don't. Sports will build character in some kids, in others it will do nothing and they still turn out alright.

runnercyclist
09-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Don't worry. He'll get his.

gblowfish
09-15-2006, 03:44 PM
I'll give El Taco Grande $20 to bean Angel Berroa....

Did I say that out loud?

Easy 6
09-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Coach= Federal "pound him in the a**" Prison.