PDA

View Full Version : syncronizing Chiefs radio play by play with tv

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Ok here is the deal. Ever since I can remember, I have aways watched the Chiefs games with the tv muted and the KCFX feed playing over the airwaves. Now, because Janet Jackson whipped out her damn tit, the audio signal is so far in front of the video, that is is completely unwatchable to me. Plus going through my high def dvr creates even more of a delay.

I really miss the excitement of the radio broadcast. So I decided to look around for a tivo type device for radio that would allow me to pause the live broadcast and then play it on about a 10 second delay, to sync it up with the tv.

I tried a few simple software solutions such as snaptune, but found it was to glitchy and it was to difficult to keep the audio in sync with the game being shown. plus the buffering drove me crazy.

Well I think I may have found the solution hopefully.

The Radio Shark uses "time shift technology" to pause live radio and then pick up where you left off. Not only that but I can set this baby to record the Chiefs audio broadcast and watch it later that night or whenever I wish along with my Cox DVR.

Now the bad news is there are quite a few bad reviews, but I am hoping to get around most of the issues being reported with some simple solutions I have in mind.

Anyway I ordered one od these things but unfortunately it will be a couple of weeks before It gets here. I will report back and let everybody know how it goes. If it works it will be well worht the $50.00 price tag. NO MORE RANDY CROSS!!!!

Here it is: http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Code=GRF+RADIOSHARK&JRSource=PriceGrabber.datafeed.GRF+RADIOSHARK

Nightwish
09-16-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that them thar newfangled tv's come with audio nowadays! You could always try just not muting the tv!

SLAG
09-16-2006, 01:13 AM
maybe its just you HD DVR /Cable Company

just guessing because a Live Feed OTA is about 1 Sec ahead of Raido-