PDA

View Full Version : You guys are not going to believe this, but.....

Joe Seahawk
09-16-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060916/SPORTS01/609160348/-1/BUSINESS07

StcChief
09-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Why not NFL hates Chiefs.

the Talking Can
09-16-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm going to kill someone in the league office...be right back....

outrageous

Lzen
09-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I didn't see that game. You know where I can see a video clip of that play? I'm curious of how different it was than the Trent Green hit.

morphius
09-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Because he had the time to avoid contact is there reasoning here. So I guess the NFL is saying that if you have time to avoid the contact then it is illegal, but if you can't avoid the contact it is okay to hit the defensless sucker as hard in as vicious a manor as you can.

Phobia
09-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Heh heh. Awesome.

SCChief
09-16-2006, 01:16 PM
I guess he didn't have a wideout who was half his size touching him on the back when he went for the hit.

This whole situation is a bunch of crap. If a QB is sliding, it should be a flag and/or fine if a defender hits him without any effort to pull up. Perhaps Allen needs to take Plummer's head off this week as an object lesson to the league about equal enforcement of their rules.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Because he had the time to avoid contact is there reasoning here. So I guess the NFL is saying that if you have time to avoid the contact then it is illegal, but if you can't avoid the contact it is okay to hit the defensless sucker as hard in as vicious a manor as you can.

Yea pretty much. It was a combonation of Green sliding late and the fact that the NFL reviewers gave too much weight to Kennison pushing Geathers in the back. At no time did anybody actually use any common sense. The whole thing is disgraceful....

Phobia
09-16-2006, 01:24 PM
III is getting married. I'll believe ANYTHING.

The Dude Abides
09-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I guess he didn't have a wideout who was half his size touching him on the back when he went for the hit.

This whole situation is a bunch of crap. If a QB is sliding, it should be a flag and/or fine if a defender hits him without any effort to pull up. Perhaps Allen needs to take Plummer's head off this week as an object lesson to the league about equal enforcement of their rules.
Oh man, if we did that, Jared Allen would be arrested, Chiefs would forfeit all the remaining games, President would declare national day of mourning, and instead of everbody wearing those NYPD and NYFD hats, they would all now be wearing Donkies stuff. Sh*t.

Sure-Oz
09-16-2006, 01:33 PM
so stupid, and inconsistent with their stupid ****in rules

Bwana
09-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Go figure :shake:

Mecca will be along shortly to tell us how this is a grave injustice and how Sims is just misunderstood.