PDA

View Full Version : Players we have that wouldn't make other rosters

GoTrav
09-16-2006, 08:16 PM
The Warfield thread got me thinking. The only one that comes to mind immediately for me is Sammie Parker. He's got speed but also has hands of stone. I wouldn't consider Black as one since he's in there due to retirement/injury whenever he does play. Trying to resurrect Turley is another iffy spot. Any others people want to throw out?

4th and Long
09-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Jordan Black

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Parker would make a ton of NFL rosters. Young and fast.

Turley I'm not sure about.

We don't have Hobgood-Chittick or Cadrez or Crockett-like guys on the roster now. That's one good thing about Herm so far: roster spots are filled with potential rather than old players with ties.

I think maybe everyone on the roster belongs in the NFL, the problem is that we have too much depth and not enough star power.

milkman
09-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Parker would make a ton of NFL rosters. Young and fast.

Turley I'm not sure about.

We don't have Hobgood-Chittick or Cadrez or Crockett-like guys on the roster now. That's one good thing about Herm so far: roster spots are filled with potential rather than old players with ties.

I think maybe everyone on the roster belongs in the NFL, the problem is that we have too much depth and not enough star power.

Eric Hicks?

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Eric Hicks?I know it's hard to believe, but there's guys worse than Hicks on NFL rosters. Black, too.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Kris Wilson. Hard to beleive but true.

Halfcan
09-16-2006, 08:27 PM
lj

GoTrav
09-16-2006, 08:28 PM
I know it's hard to believe, but there's guys worse than Hicks on NFL rosters. Black, too.

I think Hicks would be able to make another team's roster. If nothing else, as a back-up.

keg in kc
09-16-2006, 08:30 PM
I think Hicks would be able to make another team's roster. If nothing else, as a back-up.That's what I meant earlier when I said we had a lot of depth, as opposed to star power. We have guys starting who'd be backups elsewhere. I'm not sure how many of our starters would be starters elsewhere. Actually, maybe more on defense this year than offense, as much of a change as that is.

cdcox
09-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Terdell Sands would have made this list a couple years ago. He now starts for the Raiders and looked better than any DT we have on our team now.

Black does okay at guard. I guarantee that Parker won't be at the bottom of the stats list for starting WR by year end. He's not great, but he's far from a scrub.

cdcox
09-16-2006, 08:40 PM
That's what I meant earlier when I said we had a lot of depth, as opposed to star power. We have guys starting who'd be backups elsewhere. I'm not sure how many of our starters would be starters elsewhere. Actually, maybe more on defense this year than offense, as much of a change as that is.

Guys that would start on fewer than half the NFL rosters:

Turley
Whoever plays RT
Parker
Cruz
Wiegmann - works great in our scheme, but probably too small for most other teams

Hali?? -too soon to say
Edwards
Reed ??
Bell
Wesley
Kight

runnercyclist
09-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Guys that would start on fewer than half the NFL rosters:

Turley
Whoever plays RT
Parker
Cruz
Wiegmann - works great in our scheme, but probably too small for most other teams

Hali?? -too soon to say
Edwards
Reed ??
Bell
Wesley
Kight

Who's the new guy?

Deberg_1990
09-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Bartee...but we have known that for years.

grandllama
09-16-2006, 09:08 PM
IMHO, the best example of this question is starting tomorrow at the QB position.