PDA

View Full Version : " Yes it do, Boom. "

chief52
09-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Nice Berman/Irvin conversation.

Boomer " That should bode well for Miami."

Irvin " Yes, it do Boom. "

Classic crackhead. How does he have a job?

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 10:38 AM
It has been securely established that Irvin is "a" idiot

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 10:39 AM
ESPN should be embarrassed.

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 10:59 AM
" I was just drivin' along, mindin' my own business, smokin' rock when the officer pulled me over. Now i'm a rational man, so i thought to myself.....should i kill im'. "

Boon
09-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Micheal Irvin, Shannon Sharpe and Sterling Sharpe together on one show. Now that would be one to watch!!!

Gravedigger
09-17-2006, 11:11 AM
I got a better jingle "Yes it do, Chief52"

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 11:18 AM
88-33 -10, that would be an utterly irresistable mush mouthed train wreck, and could implode so powerfully that it might form a star.

Sully
09-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Micheal Irvin, Shannon Sharpe and Sterling Sharpe together on one show. Now that would be one to watch!!!

It would make a very interesting Malthusian problem if you had a raft with only enough room for 2, and had to decide which of these 3 to throw overboard.

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 11:26 AM
My bad 88-31-10.

go bo
09-17-2006, 12:51 PM
It would make a very interesting Malthusian problem if you had a raft with only enough room for 2, and had to decide which of these 3 to throw overboard.nah, this is easy one...

throw the donkey off the raft...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Sterling isn't even in the same league as those two, despite his Moss-man crush

jettio
09-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I think it is even stupider to tune into NFL pre-game shows and expect an English lesson.

Considering that quite a lot of the athletes that you will watch in NFL games today are black, maybe chiefs planet should not devote threads intended to call out nearly all of the black former players with high-profile broadcasting jobs.

Their job is to be themselves, know some of the routine of sharing a set and knowing their cues, and keep up to date with what is going on in the NFL.

If an ex-player does not add to the ratings to the show he will be replaced.

ModSocks
09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I think it is even stupider to tune into NFL pre-game shows and expect an English lesson.

Considering that quite a lot of the athletes that you will watch in NFL games today are black, maybe chiefs planet should not devote threads intended to call out nearly all of the black former players with high-profile broadcasting jobs.

Their job is to be themselves, know some of the routine of sharing a set and knowing their cues, and keep up to date with what is going on in the NFL.

If an ex-player does not add to the ratings to the show he will be replaced.

I agree. It makes chiefsplanet sound pretty damn racist calling out black broadcasters like that. I understand shannon and irvin, but sterling? There is nothing wrong with sterling, so puting him out there like that makes it seem like he was jsut thrown in becasue he is a black broadcaster

Coach
09-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately, some ex-players aren't cut out to be a broadcaster on ESPN, outside of Jaws. Jaws is the only guy I enjoy listening to, because he doesn't go on a retarded rampage like Irvin.

Boon
09-17-2006, 01:32 PM
I agree. It makes chiefsplanet sound pretty damn racist calling out black broadcasters like that. I understand shannon and irvin, but sterling? There is nothing wrong with sterling, so puting him out there like that makes it seem like he was jsut thrown in becasue he is a black broadcaster

Nothing racist about it. Granted Sterling isn't as bad as the other two mentioned, his diction is far from correct. That said, I don't mind listening to Tom Jackson, James Brown (JB on Fox), and others. Has nothing to do with race. Sorry if you took it that way.

Boon
09-17-2006, 01:33 PM
I didn't hear anyone call out Greg Gumbel. If you look hard enough you can imagine racism everywhere. Some people are just dumbasses and deserve to be made fun of.

Thanks Delt.

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 01:35 PM
What ENDelt260 said. Nor' Tom Jackson. You know.......the guy's that act like PRO's.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Sterling Sharpe is well spoken.....are you confusing him with someone else. I've never once wondered what he was talking about like I do with Shannon Sharpe or Irvin.

ModSocks
09-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Im not saying that anyone was being racist, nor did i take it that way. I was just stating that it can be percieved that way by throwing sterling sharpe in there, since he is nothing like the other 2. Sterling is pretty articulate, so by grouping him with the other 2, it makes it sound like black broadcasters are being generalized.

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 01:44 PM
It's true that Sterling is far easier to listen to, but that game of our's he did last year has him on my PERMANENT sh*t list!!!!!!!!

ModSocks
09-17-2006, 01:46 PM
It's true that Sterling is far easier to listen to, but that game of our's he did last year has him on my PERMANENT sh*t list!!!!!!!!

I figured that's what it was about. The infamous randy moss c**k stroking incident

MichaelH
09-17-2006, 02:07 PM
It's nothing about skin color but about how you act and carry yourself. Broadcasters are professionals and are expected to look and speak like one. If they think Irvin's antics are drawing in ratings, ESPN is one step from being MTV.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 02:14 PM
ESPN hired Irvin because he acts that way, blame them. Also it balances out Steve Young who's the most boring guy in the world.

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Sum's it up pretty good MichaelH, I know i'm not the only one who's caughtTJ or BOOM etc. give a quick and irritated glance at irvin when he goes into one of his maniacal,uncontrollable laughing fit's or stupid tangent's.

Bowser
09-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I didn't hear anyone call out Greg Gumbel. If you look hard enough you can imagine racism everywhere. Some people are just dumbasses and deserve to be made fun of.

Greg Gumbel is more of a cracker than I am.

jettio
09-17-2006, 05:48 PM

Who did Greg Gumbel play for? Rolla? That is not an NFL team.

jettio
09-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Why don't we make this a sticky thread? Every time an ex-player makes a grammatical error some one could act astonished and write something.

listopencil
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I asked Neil Smith what he thought about this but I couldn't understand what the **** he was saying.

Phobia
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Race? Those guys are black? I can understand black guys just fine. Those guys are something other than that. I don't know what they're saying. I used to Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders were bad. Shannon Sharpe is the worst of all time. He should be removed from all speaking engagements until he has a partial tonguedectimy.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Nothing racist about it. I call out Terry Bradshaw all the time for his dumb hick talk.

Skip Towne
09-17-2006, 08:16 PM
88-33 -10, that would be an utterly irresistable mush mouthed train wreck, and could implode so powerfully that it might form a star.
Those three shouldn't have any job that requires talking. None of them could run a drive up window.

Adept Havelock
09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Irvin's an idiot. Always was, always will be.

Someone should leave a bowl of antifreeze by his crack pipe.

Immaculate
09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
He's from "Tha U" How dare you insult his inteeligence.