PDA

View Full Version : Ladies & Gentlemen: I think we HAVE a DEFENSE!!!

wutamess
09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Man this is what we should've done last week (With Trent).

~ Loving Marty ball with a good defense.

JBucc
09-17-2006, 04:18 PM
impossible

Marcellus
09-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Man this is what we should've did last week (With Trent).

~ Loving Marty ball with a good defense.

I agree :) :)

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 04:25 PM
You think?

wutamess
09-17-2006, 04:32 PM
I think I just jinxed us.

Wa-Z
09-17-2006, 04:36 PM
OMG what a stop

chiefs4me
09-17-2006, 04:39 PM
no you didn't...I do believe they are in the house!!!!!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
09-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, and our offense is teh winz!

Lbedrock1
09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
I like how our D is playing but I have seen this before. We need to keep our O scoring and not become so conservative. If we don't stay a scoring team we will be talking about how sorry our O is next year because we can't score. We need to open up the O using Tony G more.

chief2000
09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Kiss offense goodbye.

Herm = Marty II.

Spott
09-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, we finally have a D when our offense goes to shit. Could have used them the last 5 years.

Lbedrock1
09-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Get use to losing like this if we stay conservative. The best D doesn't guarantee a win. Give me the offense back.

Mecca
09-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Damon Huard was playing.....if you play a normal gameplan they'll turn it over 4 times. Do you really want Huard chucking it around the field?

kcxiv
09-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Kiss offense goodbye.

Herm = Marty II.
Marty is putting up 30 points a game, we are putting up about 7.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Kiss offense goodbye.

Herm = Marty II.

It takes a special kind of stupid to blame our lack of offensive production on Herm instead of the retirement of a HOF LT and the injury of our starting QB.

The kind of stupid that has absolutely no clue wtf is going on and no care other than "I don't like that guy."

milkman
09-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Get use to losing like this if we stay conservative. The best D doesn't guarantee a win. Give me the offense back.

Niether does the best offense.

As a matter of fact, there are no guanatees, but you're best bet is balance, and an aggressive approach on both sides of the ball.

wolfpack0735
09-17-2006, 05:28 PM
yes the defense played better but as usual,coldn`t stop them when it really counted. what killed us the ultra-conservitive play calling.

KCinNY
09-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a 5-11 team.

ROYC75
09-17-2006, 06:11 PM
The good D you are talking about is "Fools Gold". We still get no pressure up front, we still lack a pass rush from the down linemen. Any pressure has to be attained by a blitz..... that's not good.

We have aging CB's and safety, players who are starters......

So why get excited ?

Lbedrock1
09-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Niether does the best offense.

As a matter of fact, there are no guanatees, but you're best bet is balance, and an aggressive approach on both sides of the ball.
I agree with you on that, it just seems to me that KC leadership is happy having just one of the two instead of both at the same time.

Vindicator
09-17-2006, 06:43 PM
The good D you are talking about is "Fools Gold". We still get no pressure up front, we still lack a pass rush from the down linemen. Any pressure has to be attained by a blitz..... that's not good.

We have aging CB's and safety, players who are starters......

So why get excited ?

I'm with you Royce, but, ya gotta admit, because of the improvements shown so far there is a glimmer of hope.

penchief
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Last year it seemed like our preseason lasted six games, too.

I think we're finally ready to play, though. I like the way the defense is shaping up. I'm proud of the way they played. I like our kicking game a lot. I think the offense is in transition but ultimately we have too much talent for us to not be good on that side of the ball.

I think this year is going to be a lot like last year. Slow start but by season's end nobody will want to play us. The only difference being that while we're improving this year we'll also be getting better for the future.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 06:46 PM
This is a top 5 defense.

Not a good, but a GREAT defense we're slowly watching come together.

We aren't there yet, great defenses don't let the opponent march down the field for the winning FG, but they played amazing today on the road.

By November you won't want to be a visiting team at Arrowhead....

KCinNY
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
This is a top 5 defense.

We aren't there yet, great defenses don't let the opponent march down the field for the winning FG, but they played amazing today on the road.

Nah, this is maybe a top 10 defense. Can't be a top 5 D with the sorry DTs that the Chiefs have.

penchief
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
This is a top 5 defense.

That's a thrilling vision.

Coach
09-17-2006, 07:07 PM
This D is for real. I'll explain.

1. They held the Broncos to only 9 points at their home. Traditionally; the Donks would had ass-raped the defense for at least 30 points every time we play them in Denver.

2. The defense traditionally self-destruct whenever the Donks made plays of 20 yards or more, with a easy touchdown at the end. Other than that one lucky time where Plummer overthrew the TE, which could had easily been a six. I didn't see the defense letting the Donks have a easy TD.

3. The D was on the field way way way too long, yet they only gave up just 9 points. The offense didn't help the defense, especially in the 2nd half.

09-17-2006, 07:09 PM
It takes a special kind of stupid to blame our lack of offensive production on Herm instead of the retirement of a HOF LT and the injury of our starting QB.

The kind of stupid that has absolutely no clue wtf is going on and no care other than "I don't like that guy."

Damn Rausch. You sure are hard on elmo. Damn hilarious pic. ROFL ROFL

plbrdude
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
This is a top 5 defense.

just as long as we're not 3-7 in november

penchief
09-17-2006, 07:42 PM
There was a lot of hard hitting by our defense today. I think they are on their way to becoming an intimidating defense. We can only hope they keep it up and get better.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Nah, this is maybe a top 10 defense. Can't be a top 5 D with the sorry DTs that the Chiefs have.

Yes you can.

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Yes you can.

No, this is Madden. Our defensive tackles stink on paper, so we'll never win...

the Talking Can
09-17-2006, 08:17 PM
our defense made more plays in this game than they have in the last 5 years combined....

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
our defense made more plays in this game than they have in the last 5 years combined....

Yep. I knew back in preseason that there was something to this...

The last two 1st-rounders and why our defense will be much better... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146910)

the Talking Can
09-17-2006, 08:31 PM

The last two 1st-rounders and why our defense will be much better... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146910)

probably a homer statement, but I thought DJ was the best player on the field today....for either team, that guy was EVERYWHERE

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 08:38 PM
probably a homer statement, but I thought DJ was the best player on the field today....for either team, that guy was EVERYWHERE

If that's a homer statement, I'm a homer.

He was awesome today.

Spicy McHaggis
09-17-2006, 09:09 PM

Good call. DJ was awesome today and we'd be singing his praises even more if he had come up with that potential pick six. Tamba too, I noticed, never gave up on a play.

KCinNY
09-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Yes you can.

Top 5 defenses can usually generate a pass rush with the front four (see Chicago, Baltimore, Sandy Eggo, etc.). The Chiefs can't get pressure on the QB with their front four and often fail to pressure QBs even when they do blitz.

I know the defense looks better now than the Vermeil days, but they're a long way from the top five of the NFL.

Chiefs Fanatic
09-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Absolutely. At the end of the first half with 9 or so seconds on the clock with no time outs you can still take one shot at the end zone. Coach Edwards worries about the negitive what might happen instead of what could happen. Huard was like 8 of 9 at that point. If the play isn't there throw it away!! And given Coach Edwards' track record, I can not believe that he didn't have his stamp on that decision. In fact I'd say that is the time the Head coach had better have his input heard, after a timeout.