PDA

View Full Version : LJ Cost us the game.

Megbert
09-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Since some of you are making ridiculous claims that Huard or Herms conservative playcalling cost us the game I wanted to get in on this action and blame LJ and his fumble on the 6th yard line.

WTF were you thinking diaper boy hold on to the gawddamm ball. You couldn't even hold Jesse Haynes jockstrap.

Wow it's fun to be ridiculous.

KChiefs1
09-17-2006, 05:44 PM
I wondered if anyone was going to mention LJ's fumble on the goalline....

Thig Lyfe
09-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Haha, yeah ridiculocity is fun. LJ wouldn't have made that fumble, though, if they had thrown it on 3rd and 6 to TG or EK.

jspchief
09-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Among starting RBs last season, only Jamal Lewis lost more fumbles than LJ.

This thread was probably supposed to be a joke, but Larry Johnson needs to hold on to the ball.

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 06:17 PM
He kept us in the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Give me a break. The guy was the only thing we had on offense today. He should have never had the ball in that situation anyway. 3rd and 5 in the red zone and we run a stretch play....

KcMizzou
09-17-2006, 06:18 PM
He kept us in the game.Absolutely. But jsp's point stands..

Mosbonian
09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
And since you are making the ridiculuous claim that LJ cost us the game and that Herm and Huard are blameless...how about enlightening us there Boomer as to who truly was to blame for this game today?

mmaddog

Hootie
09-17-2006, 06:20 PM
this must be a joke. First off, that was the 1st quarter. The playcall was a bit sketchy, though I don't fault it. The fumbling is a bit of a problem, but the guy nailed the friggin' ball with his helmet, LJ was protecting the ball...it was a tough luck play, but Huard's fumble was much more costly IMO. LJ is the only reason we had a chance to with this game offensively, and even defensively, in all honesty. His first downs help keep the defense fresh.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Positive turnover ratio wins games. You can look it up.

MichaelH
09-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Positive turnover ratio wins games. You can look it up.

Yep, that's what Statmaster Dick said the last five years. And he was right. Most of the time.

jspchief
09-17-2006, 07:08 PM
So when is LJ responsible for ball security? Apparently he gets a free pass when he reaches "x" number of yards. I'm just curious where that line is in the sand.

For the record, my stance on this issue has been the same since the day I got here. Whether it be Holmes, Green, or whoever. You have to hold on to the ball.

Larry Johnson needs better ball security. It's not the reason we lost the game, but one of these days it's going to be a factor.

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:11 PM
While I agree that LJ needs to hold the ball better Phil Simms analayzed the hit and said that probably no back could have held on to it. He was holding it in perfect position and the guy just hit it perfectly. Not much you can do it about it.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 07:12 PM
LJ def. did a big no no in that pile up he had just 1 arm with the ball, inexcusable.

ChiTown
09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Larry Johnson needs better ball security. It's not the reason we lost the game, but one of these days it's going to be a factor.

It's sure as hell one of the reasons we lost the game, among many others.

That fuggin play was painful. We put up 7 on that play early in the game, and it probably would have made the difference.

09-17-2006, 07:15 PM
So when is LJ responsible for ball security? Apparently he gets a free pass when he reaches "x" number of yards. I'm just curious where that line is in the sand.

For the record, my stance on this issue has been the same since the day I got here. Whether it be Holmes, Green, or whoever. You have to hold on to the ball.

"We will be perfect, in every aspect of the game...."http://www.joblo.com/images_movie_reviews/picrememberthetitans.jpg

JBucc
09-17-2006, 07:15 PM
At least he's getting better at blocking!

TinyEvel
09-17-2006, 07:16 PM
While I agree that LJ needs to hold the ball better Phil Simms analayzed the hit and said that probably no back could have held on to it. He was holding it in perfect position and the guy just hit it perfectly. Not much you can do it about it.
Yeah, a helmet poked it out from under his arm.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
No, he didn't.

A series of poor decisions, penalties in timely situations, and mental errors lost the game.

Any one we can overcome but the culmination of many loses you games...

jspchief
09-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Maybe it was the perfect hit.

But when you lose the second most fumbles of any starting RB in the league over the course of the season, you're going to be scrutinized more.

When does it become an issue that's worthy of mention?

1ChiefsDan
09-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Since some of you are making ridiculous claims that Huard or Herms conservative playcalling cost us the game I wanted to get in on this action and blame LJ and his fumble on the 6th yard line.

WTF were you thinking diaper boy hold on to the gawddamm ball. You couldn't even hold Jesse Haynes jockstrap.

WOW - you are a fuc**ng idiot - I was at the game - not sitting at home with my thumb up my a@@ thinking what a great fan I am - without LJ we wouldn't even have been in the game. Go into enemy territory with your face painted, headress flying, waiving the flag - then come out of your "diapers" and talk smak. As*hole

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 07:22 PM

But when you lose the second most fumbles of any starting RB in the league over the course of the season, you're going to be scrutinized more.

That is a legit question but I don't really have an answer.

ChiTown
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
WOW - you are a fuc**ng idiot - I was at the game - not sitting at home with my thumb up my a@@ thinking what a great fan I am - without LJ we wouldn't even have been in the game. Go into enemy territory with your face painted, headress flying, waiving the flag - then come out of your "diapers" and talk smak. As*hole

ROFL

This has to be the head-up-the-ass rant of the day Award. too much.......

petegz28
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Yes it's all Johnson's fault.

Too bad it was all Johnson keeping us in the game on offense.

09-17-2006, 07:24 PM
ROFL

But, is he a "real" fan?

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:25 PM

You can keep talking about this whole 'losing fumbles' thing all you want, and I agree, he needs to address it a little bit...

But let's look at FUMBLES, not FUMBLES LOST...

and if you look at that, Alexander had 5 as well, Droughns 6, followed by the majority of the starting NFL RB's having 3 or 4...

So until he fumbles the ball 8 times in a season I won't be worried.

Hell, Priest was fumble happy last year and no one said a word.

jspchief
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
WOW - you are a fuc**ng idiot - I was at the game - not sitting at home with my thumb up my a@@ thinking what a great fan I am - without LJ we wouldn't even have been in the game. Go into enemy territory with your face painted, headress flying, waiving the flag - then come out of your "diapers" and talk smak. As*holeOh, well if you were at the game, your opinion definately carries more weight. Moron.

09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
You can keep talking about this whole 'losing fumbles' thing all you want, and I agree, he needs to address it a little bit...

and if you look at that, Alexander had 5 as well, Droughns 6, followed by the majority of the starting NFL RB's having 3 or 4...

Hell, Priest was fumble happy last year and no one said a word.

Who's Priest?

jspchief
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM

Hell, Priest was fumble happy last year and no one said a word.Fumbles lost hurt more than fumbles not lost. Spin it any way you want, but his ball security needs work.

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Who's Priest?
some system back who hit the NFL lottery playing in Vermeil's system

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:28 PM

Exactly.

LJ does not protect the ball with two hands.

Almost never.

When you lose offensive lineman that keep those defenders off you is when you start seeing group tackling. That's EXACTLY when you need to concentrate on protecting the ball and not yards after contact.

At some point he does need to address this...

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Fumbles lost hurt more than fumbles not lost. Spin it any way you want, but his ball security needs work.
dude, you missed the point.

Of course fumbles lost hurt more than fumbles...but it's kind of a TOSS UP situation whether or not you recover the fumble. Ball security wise, does it make the fumble any better if it's recovered by your team? Still a fumble, still means you have those issues...hear what I'm saying?

Rausch

Posts like this lead to bodies in the basement... :cuss:

NewChief
I'm not blaming Larry, but I will say that with the way Herm wants to run the offense, it's essential that we score when we get the opportunity. Getting in the Red Zone and not at least coming away with 3 will kill us this year.

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
LJ addressed his blocking this offseason, he wants to be the best, I'm sure that, within two years, not only will he never fumble, but he'll probably grow wings and be able to fly...

Oh, OK. So he didn't play much of a role on Vermeil's team then right?

Hootie
I love Priest as much as the next Chiefs fan, but I see him for what he was...

LJ would be good in any system...would Priest? I don't think so.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:31 PM

Outside of being the only reason to watch a KC game during DV's tenure, no...

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
uhm, what?

never once did I imply he didn't play a roll..

All I said was, enter Corey Dillon (the back we all wanted) and he would've produced even more than Priest...

I am a Priest Holmes fan, but I refuse to blind myself to player bias (good or bad) like most of you.

donkhater
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
He never should have been carrying it. Someone needs to tell Solari that it is not against the rules to call a pass play on 3rd and 5 in the redzone.

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Outside of being the only reason to watch a KC game during DV's tenure, no...
are you kidding me? It wasn't Priest that was beautiful, it was Vermeil's offense that was the real beauty. Every shit, every route...it was art. Ok I'll stop being gay now...

NewChief
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
He never should have been carrying it. Someone needs to tell Solari that it is not against the rules to call a pass play on 3rd and 5 in the redzone.

Get used to it. They're going to be perfectly happy making trips to the red zone and coming away with 3. At least that's my prediction.

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Let's look at this realistically...(not from a 'I run a franchise in my madden game' standpoint)

You have a QB with little pocket awareness, it's early in the game, and maybe a sweep will catch them off guard (I mean, you have a RB who had 20 rushing TD's last year), and the worst case scenario is you settle for a FG, but since God is a Raiders fan, we fumble instead.

09-17-2006, 07:48 PM
uhm, what?

never once did I imply he didn't play a roll..

All I said was, enter Corey Dillon (the back we all wanted) and he would've produced even more than Priest...

I am a Priest Holmes fan, but I refuse to blind myself to player bias (good or bad) like most of you.

Good grief man, I was being facetious. Just making the point of how quickly most of us have forgotten him. Well, except for GoChiefs. Nachos rule!!!

donkhater
09-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Let's look at this realistically...(not from a 'I run a franchise in my madden game' standpoint)

You have a QB with little pocket awareness, it's early in the game, and maybe a sweep will catch them off guard (I mean, you have a RB who had 20 rushing TD's last year), and the worst case scenario is you settle for a FG, but since God is a Raiders fan, we fumble instead.
Off guard? You mean they didn't think LJ would get the ball? Even after the first 10 times on that drive?

This is the difference between playing conservative and playing Marty ball. Dropping Huard back for a pass play when you have a receiver like Gonzalez isn't all that risky. If you are afraid to take a chance at winning you will lose.

Now, in the context of the gameplan, limiting Huard's pass plays makes great sense. Play ball control and field position. But once you get into range, you need to take the plunge. If you're scared to score, you just as well kick the FG on first down.

This whole place was screaming for Solari for running it on 3rd and 5 from the 11 last week, yet they are OK with running on 3rd and 5 from the 8? When there is no score?

1ChiefsDan
09-17-2006, 07:57 PM
ROFL

You must be up for the "Got Milk Award" you lactose intolerant prick. Go to some games - away from home pussy - and put up with the talk on the way home. Some of us can take the heat - others can post on this site and wish we were fans.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
are you kidding me? It wasn't Priest that was beautiful, it was Vermeil's offense that was the real beauty. Every shit, every route...it was art. Ok I'll stop being gay now...

I'd appreciate that...

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
What did Huard do to overcome his boner? Give it to LJ.

What did LJ do to overcome his boner? Carry the offense the entire game.

Nope, no difference whatsoever.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Jesus Christ, Priest was the best back n the history of this franchise, and you dumb ****s are throwing him under the bus while simultaneously defending the piece of shit holding the clipboard on our sidelines. That is some f*cked up logic.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Jesus Christ, Priest was the best back n the history of this franchise

Period.

The willingness of Chiefs fans to forget him makes me sick...

Hootie
09-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Jesus Christ, Priest was the best back n the history of this franchise, and you dumb ****s are throwing him under the bus while simultaneously defending the piece of shit holding the clipboard on our sidelines. That is some f*cked up logic.
You're what I'm talking about.

Priest was good. He played a good four years with KC. FOUR YEARS. Whoopdeedoo. I don't blind myself with player bias, I've already stated that. Priest was nothing more than a system back...Fred Taylor would've ran for 2,000 yards per year (if healthy) had he been in KC for those years.

Shit, LT would've ran for 5,000 yards.

09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Period.

The willingness of Chiefs fans to forget him makes me sick...

Here lies Priest Holmes. The most underrated back among Chiefs fans in history.

R.I.P. :shake:

Rausch
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM

Priest was good. He played a good four years with KC. FOUR YEARS. Whoopdeedoo.

How many times did he fumble in the red zone?

Hootie
See, you guys are loyal. That's awesome. I'm loyal too. HOWEVER, I'm not blind. You guys get offended that a lot of us see Priest for what he was, a system back. Was he fun to watch? Hell yes. I have three authentic Holmes' jerseys. But come on, LJ has more talent in his pinky finger than Holmes ever had.

Immaculate
Whatever. Shit happens.

09-17-2006, 08:06 PM

Priest was good. He played a good four years with KC. FOUR YEARS. Whoopdeedoo. I don't blind myself with player bias, I've already stated that. Priest was nothing more than a system back...Fred Taylor would've ran for 2,000 yards per year (if healthy) had he been in KC for those years.

Now we are comparing Priest to Fragile Fred?

Hootie
09-17-2006, 08:06 PM
How many times did he fumble in the red zone?
I remember a certain fumble in 2003 that was pretty costly...ring a bell?

Rausch
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
...Fred Taylor would've ran for 2,000 yards per year (if healthy) had he been in KC for those years.

But he didn't because he's a pussy that can't average 12 games a season.

Hootie
Now we are comparing Priest to Fragile Fred?
you're kidding, right?

If not, Mr. Holmes isn't much of an iron man himself, eh?

ChiefsCountry

You dont remember when Priest got hurt in 2002 do you? I didnt see Mike Cloud put up the same numbers.

Yeah, one fumble and we throw you in the trash. How typical.

Hootie
Wow.

This is hilarious.

FRAGILE FRED?! What the **** was Priest? Mr. Durability?

Rausch
09-17-2006, 08:08 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND it wasn't in the red zone...

09-17-2006, 08:08 PM
you're kidding, right?

If not, Mr. Holmes isn't much of an iron man himself, eh?

I seem to recall the three injuries preist had as being DAMN SEVERE compared to the majority of Fragile Fred's.

jspchief
09-17-2006, 08:09 PM
You must be up for the "Got Milk Award" you lactose intolerant prick. Go to some games - away from home pussy - and put up with the talk on the way home. Some of us can take the heat - others can post on this site and wish we were fans.yea, you're a very loyal fan to go to an "away" game that is 20 miles from your home.

just how many games have you been to that weren't within cab distance of Denver, hardass?

Hootie
Yeah, one fumble and we throw you in the trash. How typical.
hey, someone asked how many times he fumbled in the redzone (and I remember a few)...

It's like, you're all a bunch of friggin' hypocrites.

LJ fumbles blah blah blah

well so did Priest. In fact, someone had a stat when I was debating this last year that had Priest averaging more fumbles per carry than LJ...

Hootie
AAAAAAAAAAAAAND it wasn't in the red zone...
fumble in the red zone...

fumble to blow our super bowl chances...

HMMM

Hootie
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I seem to recall the three injuries preist had as being DAMN SEVERE compared to the majority of Fragile Fred's.
severe, minor, whatever...

Fragile Fred has had a better career than Holmes...

09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
hey, someone asked how many times he fumbled in the redzone (and I remember a few)...

It's like, you're all a bunch of friggin' hypocrites.

LJ fumbles blah blah blah

well so did Priest. In fact, someone had a stat when I was debating this last year that had Priest averaging more fumbles per carry than LJ...

Wow. you haven't been reading my posts. I haven't bitched once about LJs fumble. I never bitched about Priest's fumbles either. Even the big one. Matter of fact I didn't bitch about Kimble Anders in 1993 either.

Get off the high horse.

You also seem to be defending our backs yet saying they are nothing compared to everyone elses back too, even though they have owned the league during their tenure.

http://www.askmen.com/men/business_politics_60/pictures_60/john_kerry/john_kerry_150.JPG

Hootie
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
**** that noise...

I think LJ is the best back I've ever seen in my life...and I said that in 2004, during the Tennessee game. He came in when Blaylock got hurt against Tampa, and sucked so bad...I don't know what his problem was. After that though, something clicked, and I've never seen anything like it.

09-17-2006, 08:23 PM
**** that noise...

I think LJ is the best back I've ever seen in my life...and I said that in 2004, during the Tennessee game. He came in when Blaylock got hurt against Tampa, and sucked so bad...I don't know what his problem was. After that though, something clicked, and I've never seen anything like it.

OK. now we're talking.

Hootie
09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
OK. now we're talking.
I haven't been on this board very long...

But the last thing I do is throw a Chiefs player or a coach under the bus. I'm not throwing Priest under the bus, I just don't think he's as good as advertised. I love the Chiefs, they're my friggin' favorite thing about life (sad, I know)...so don't think I'm here to piss #31's fans off. I'm a fan myself.

1ChiefsDan
09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
yea, you're a very loyal fan to go to an "away" game that is 20 miles from your home.

just how many games have you been to that weren't within cab distance of Denver, hardass?

Take the cok^ out of your mouth, wipe your lips and shut the fu&k up. I have been to games in LA, Oakland, Denver,SD, STL, Seattle, KC. Put your diapper on, go to Arrowhead (the best place to watch any fball game) and suck your "thumb". Go to some of the worst places to show KC colors and then talk smak. Some of us have been reading these sites for some time without commenting - its jerkoffs like you that make us more vocal.

09-17-2006, 08:31 PM
I haven't been on this board very long...

But the last thing I do is throw a Chiefs player or a coach under the bus. I'm not throwing Priest under the bus, I just don't think he's as good as advertised. I love the Chiefs, they're my friggin' favorite thing about life (sad, I know)...so don't think I'm here to piss #31's fans off. I'm a fan myself.

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the system back comment. One could argue that most RBs are system backs though. That being said, being an outstanding system back does not mean you are not great. Priest was great. LJ is great. I do think LJ will be the greater back after his career is over but he needs 4 years of starting full time before we can make that comparison.

Either way, Chiefs fan until I die. Course, that could be at the Chiefs hands if we are going to get more games like today.

1ChiefsDan
09-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Grandmama (LJ) is great - even the donco fans around me kept commenting on his ability to run the ball against their "great" defense. 1 -100 yard game and counting.

Megbert
09-17-2006, 09:23 PM
This thread was a reaction to all the people blaming a Back up QB and Herm for the loss. I figured if we're pointing fingers may as well make a ridiculous observation as well. Yes LJ kept us in the game even with the fumble near the goal line.

Megbert
09-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Again it wasn't a rant it was sarcasm. Jebbus thats why I said
"Wow it's fun to be ridiculous". I was being as ridiculous as all the people blaming Huard.

KcMizzou
09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Again it wasn't a rant it was sarcasm. Jebbus thats why I said
"Wow it's fun to be ridiculous". I was being as ridiculous as all the people blaming Huard.LJ hater!! Burn him, burn him!!

Raiderhater
09-17-2006, 09:34 PM

No shit.

Nightwish
09-17-2006, 09:36 PM

Count me in on the "conservative playcalling" blame game. When the defender manages to plant his helmet right on the ball like that, there aren't many running backs who could've held on. That sucked, but it didn't cost us the game, especially as the donks didn't do anything with it. The play that pissed me off more than anything was not making at least one play for the endzone at the end of the half, when we still had a timeout left, giving us time for one pass play and a field goal try if the pass play didn't work out. The playcalling was too scared, too conservative, and it sent the wrong message to Huard about the coordinator's confidence in his ability.

Raiderhater
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM

WTF are you smoking? You are reaching Mecca type posting now. The only reason Vermeil's offense was so great is because of Priest. Think about it, during DV's tenure (and even still today), our best receiver was/is a frickin' tight end! It was Priest that allowed us to open up the offense and have a true vertical game with second tier and worse receivers. Priest Holmes made that offense successful - he was the offense.

Raiderhater
09-17-2006, 09:39 PM

HERESY!

PastorMikH
09-17-2006, 09:39 PM
I can't even believe anyone would put the blame on LJ for losing this game. Yeah, he fumbled. It sucks, but it happens. Every great player has dropped the rock. The guy accounted for 61% of our O and we are saying he didn't do enough. LJ was the ONLY reason we had a chance in this game.

Nightwish
09-17-2006, 09:40 PM
LJ was the ONLY reason we had a chance in this game.
Don't forget a defense that performed well beyond expectations!

Raiderhater
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow. A lot of people are having trouble picking up on the STATED sarcasm in the thread header.

I love this board.

Megbert
09-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow. A lot of people are having trouble picking up on the STATED sarcasm in the thread header.

I love this booard.
At least you got it.

Raiderhater
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM
At least you got it.

I'd like to think it is my superior skills, but since we all know that isn't the case.... It had to be the fact that you told us in the thread header that you were poking fun at people.

milkman
09-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Take the cok^ out of your mouth, wipe your lips and shut the fu&k up. I have been to games in LA, Oakland, Denver,SD, STL, Seattle, KC. Put your diapper on, go to Arrowhead (the best place to watch any fball game) and suck your "thumb". Go to some of the worst places to show KC colors and then talk smak. Some of us have been reading these sites for some time without commenting - its jerkoffs like you that make us more vocal.

This board's IQ just continue's to drop thanks to idiots like you.

chiefsfan1963
09-17-2006, 10:24 PM

can we trade him and beg Priest to come back!
ROFL

Rausch
09-17-2006, 10:26 PM

HMMM

So you admit you throw out $3it like a retarded monkey clinging to the slight chance something sticks and impresses someone?...

Rausch
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM

I love this board.

Hey, if you expect me to be civil and sober after a chiefs loss that's a fault in your logic...

1ChiefsDan
09-18-2006, 08:20 PM
This board's IQ just continue's to drop thanks to idiots like you.
wow - witty

Megbert
09-18-2006, 10:16 PM
8 more posts and I get my first 100 post thread c'mon people help me out.

Halfcan
09-18-2006, 10:25 PM
LJ has always fumbled in big games-that is just how he is.

Halfcan
09-18-2006, 10:26 PM
8 more posts and I get my first 100 post thread c'mon people help me out.

bump