PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I saw today.

bishop_74
09-17-2006, 05:45 PM
The team played pretty well as a whole. I thought we were a bit to conservative and that is what bit us in the butt. I don’t really fault Herm though because we are missing our starting quarterback. We had a good game plan going in. Denver had to pull some tricks out of the bag to get this win. The only big gains I remember (and the game winning catch that put Denver in scoring position) were 3 passes against Law. This appeared to be after they were getting winded and making some mistakes.

I am actually surprised to see them keep it so close for most of the game and think if we had Green, it wouldn’t have gone in to overtime… we would have won. We just needed to be a little more aggressive.

I feel like this is a good solid foundation of a team and we will continue to get better as the year progresses. We are going to be a team to be feared in 5 to 6 games once the team figures out its new identity, and Herm feels comfortable that the O-Line can provide the protection needed to the QB.

Despite the loss, I feel optimistic that we are going to finish the season strong with perhaps a wild card spot.

ROYC75
09-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Despite the loss, I feel optimistic that we are going to finish the season strong with perhaps a wild card spot.

ROFL what, when pigs fly ? ROFL

RedThat
09-17-2006, 05:59 PM
The team played pretty well as a whole. I thought we were a bit to conservative and that is what bit us in the butt. I don’t really fault Herm though because we are missing our starting quarterback. We had a good game plan going in. Denver had to pull some tricks out of the bag to get this win. The only big gains I remember (and the game winning catch that put Denver in scoring position) were 3 passes against Law. This appeared to be after they were getting winded and making some mistakes.

I am actually surprised to see them keep it so close for most of the game and think if we had Green, it wouldn’t have gone in to overtime… we would have won. We just needed to be a little more aggressive.

I feel like this is a good solid foundation of a team and we will continue to get better as the year progresses. We are going to be a team to be feared in 5 to 6 games once the team figures out its new identity, and Herm feels comfortable that the O-Line can provide the protection needed to the QB.

Finally an optimistic fan :thumb:

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 06:02 PM
I see 2-2, easily, if our defense and offensive line continues to make progress at it's current rate.

But then we face a few heavyweights, and I'm not optimistic until I see more out of the offense. The questions for the season will be, (1) when is Green back, and (2) how effective will he be?

KCSupersized
09-17-2006, 06:02 PM
I think our D was great, but I dont remember one bootleg.

RedThat
09-17-2006, 06:11 PM

I remember one bootleg play. The defense read it perfectly. Actually it was Hali who didn't bite at all.

dtebbe
09-17-2006, 06:47 PM

Usually Denver runs a little mis-direction first to kinda feel-out the bootleg, and DJ blew up the misdirection twice, so I don't think they ever really progressed to it fully. They tried a bootleg in the 2nd half and DJ was again about 2 steps from Plumber when he got rid of the ball.

DT

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Don't you get it, we aren't going to the playoffs we will finish 3-13 cuz its doom and gloom season, ****in pussies around here think its over after 2 games.