PDA

View Full Version : We Played Better Than Anyone Thought

petegz28
09-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Don't even pretend we sucked today. We did better than anyone thought we would.

If someone told you we would hold Denver to 9 points you all would of called Bull Shit.

If Trent played today we kick the shit out of Denver.

It took 2 bullshit calls and some lucky bounces and us playing a 6 year rusty QB for Denver to beat us in OT by 3.

Yeah we really suck!

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I agree if trent was the starter we would've won by atleast 10.

Spott
09-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Well, since Trent managed to lead the team to 3 points in 2 1/2 quarters last week, I wouldn't go as far as saying we would have won with him.

09-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I refuse to blame the refs on this game. I didn't like the calls either but lets keep them out of this.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
I refuse to blame the refs on this game. I didn't like the calls either but lets keep them out of this.

I am not saying they cost us the game. I am jsut saying the Broncos don't win wouthout some lucky calls....and non-calls

KCTitus
09-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Defense played very well...I still think that Plummer played a role. Im just glad that they did start shutting down the runs. If they can continue to do that, the Defense is back.

Now, they just have to figure out how to pressure the QB.

PunkinDrublic
09-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Good post. When you lose a game this close and hard fought it's easy to think about things that could have happened that would have gave us a victory. The defense never gave up and played with a lot of heart. We may not have sacked Plummer but we did force him to make a lot of bad throws. I guarantee you Donk fans aren't happy with their team.

Denver is one of the hardest places in the league to pull out a win we played about as well as we could under the circumstances.

Sure-Oz
09-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, since Trent managed to lead the team to 3 points in 2 1/2 quarters last week, I wouldn't go as far as saying we would have won with him.
I'll take my chances...

petegz28
09-17-2006, 07:20 PM
I'll take my chances...

I'm with you.

And really I think Huard needs to be able to go down filed some more but we need protection.

But I thought we should of gone to the play action more than we did.

Hat's off to our team today coaces and all. They had to pull a 180 with a game plan because of the QB change and did it in the hardest venue in the NFL to play.

I am disappointed at the loss but the season shows promise.

KCinNY
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM

Two hand shove by Walker on the long pass in OT was pretty bad.

mikey23545
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Is playing better than anyone expected used as a playoff seeding tiebreaker?

GMitch
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
No way did I believe that we could hold Denver without a TD in Denver. I was afraid of a 24-3 thrashing. A couple of unfortunate fumbles kept us from winning one of the toughest games of the season. I feel much better about our chances for the rest of the year.

ArrowheadHawk
09-17-2006, 07:39 PM
No way did I believe that we could hold Denver without a TD in Denver. I was afraid of a 24-3 thrashing. A couple of unfortunate fumbles kept us from winning one of the toughest games of the season. I feel much better about our chances for the rest of the year.
quality post :thumb:

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Two hand shove by Walker on the long pass in OT was pretty bad.

Ballgame

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I chime in w/ my affirmation of that post as well.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Ballgame

That and the chop block call, The non-face mask call may be moot since they only got 3 and were there anyway.

But I saw SEVERAL holding calls not called. How does a O-Linemen spin a guy around without grabbing his jersey?

And what about allt he damn chop blocks?

Have you ever seen so many guys diving at legs?

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Heh.

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Now, they just have to figure out how to pressure the QB.

Exactly, our interior D line was once again MIA, and they were double teaming Allen a bunch- he still managed some to tip some balls at the line though. I am more and more impressed with Allen every game, because he is a factor, even when the opposing O Line knows he's the only threat on our D Line.