PDA

View Full Version : Love the new defense - hate the new offense, Hurry back Trent

Logical
09-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh and Trent bring at least one offensive lineman with you.

Close game at least if boring as hell.

Hootie
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
maybe it's me, but I'm never bored during a Chiefs game...offense or no offense.

Pitt Gorilla
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I agree. Lenny Walls looked very good.

Fairplay
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I can completely understand a back-up quarterback intentionally being given a conservative plays to call. I don't agree with all the plays, still too conservative.

As several people have stressed, time management is awful.

Of course it was the same for Herm with the Jets, why should that change?

JBucc
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
If Trent doesn't make it back by Arizona I think we should hold him out at least until SEA. I really don't want him to play against Pittsburgh or SD unless he has to.

Logical
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
maybe it's me, but I'm never bored during a Chiefs game...offense or no offense.

Good for you, I have seen far too many years of shitty offense to say the same.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-17-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm with ya Logical. I never thought I'd say that after some of your posts of late but you hit the nail on the head. I told my cousin after the game today that I was proud of the Chiefs for this effort. Really though, I'm just happy with the defense. I do think the offensive line played better than last week, but not good enough to get the job done. I do think if we had Trent today we stretch the field successfully a couple of times and it's the difference in the game. I'm not nearly as bummed out after this 0-2 start than I have been in the past. If the offense can progress through each week we could still have a great season.

Logical
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
If Trent doesn't make it back by Arizona I think we should hold him out at least until SEA. I really don't want him to play against Pittsburgh or SD unless he has to.If we wait that long we are talking likely 1-5 or 0-6 and it will be to late.

milkman
09-17-2006, 07:36 PM
I can completely understand a back-up quarterback intentionally being given a conservative plays to call. I don't agree with all the plays, still too conservative.

As several people have stressed, time management is awful.

Of course it was the same for Herm with the Jets, why should that change?

I don't think Hermie was responsible for the poor clock management today.

That is more on the players on the field being unaware.

Logical
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm with ya Logical. I never thought I'd say that after some of your posts of late but you hit the nail on the head. I told my cousin after the game today that I was proud of the Chiefs for this effort. Really though, I'm just happy with the defense. I do think the offensive line played better than last week, but not good enough to get the job done. I do think if we had Trent today we stretch the field successfully a couple of times and it's the difference in the game. I'm not nearly as bummed out after this 0-2 start than I have been in the past. If the offense can progress through each week we could still have a great season.

I agree, but we cannot give up the next three games.

hypersensitiveZO6
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tuL7E-x3fTs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tuL7E-x3fTs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

mikey23545
09-17-2006, 07:39 PM

I'm really stunned by how many people have overlooked that fact.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-17-2006, 07:41 PM
I agree, but we cannot give up the next three games.

San Francisco, Arizona, and Pittsburg. We need Trent back NOW. No one will deny that. This season is going to come down to how well our offensive line plays. They come together and hold down the fort, sky is the limit. If not, eh, I'm not saying anything everyone doesn't already know. Here's to hope. :toast:

Fairplay
09-17-2006, 07:42 PM

True. Huard for example.

Fairplay
09-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Second response is also is the coach should make the players aware of the clock and to make proper decisions in crunch time. You would think playing football for years on end they (players and coachs) would be more awake to that fact sometimes.

milkman
09-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Second response is also is the coach should make the players aware of the clock and to make proper decisions in crunch time. You would think playing football for years on end they (players and coachs) would be more awake to that fact sometimes.

But the players have to be aware of the fact that the side judge is winding his arm on a play at the sideline to indicate that the clock should continue to run.

Or they simply just have to look at the clock.

htismaqe
09-17-2006, 08:11 PM
But the players have to be aware of the fact that the side judge is winding his arm on a play at the sideline to indicate that the clock should continue to run.

Or they simply just have to look at the clock.

Yep.

Logical
09-17-2006, 09:44 PM
True. Huard for example.

In the end clock management is the responsibility of the coaches and the leader on the field, that logically should be the QB when the offense is on the field so I have to agree with you.

Logical
09-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Speaking of Trent, what is the latest word on his recovery?

BIG_DADDY
09-18-2006, 02:48 PM
I never understood why he wanted to fix something that wasn't broken.

OnTheWarpath15
09-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Speaking of Trent, what is the latest word on his recovery?

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15545238.htm

Chiefs quarterback Trent Green talked on the phone with “Fox NFL Sunday” and FOXSports.com in his first interview since he received a severe concussion when he was hit by Cincinnati’s Robert Geathers in last Sunday’s game.

“Today (Saturday) is the first day I’ve really been up and around,” Green said. “I feel OK. The only thing is if I get up too quickly or move too quickly I get a little dizzy.”

Green is scheduled to visit a neurologist to help gauge a timetable for his return.

“They told me four to six weeks when it first happened,” Green said. “They’ll give me an update on that on Tuesday. I absolutely want to play again this year.”

StcChief
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
4-6 weeks....

So at 4 weeks is Oct 8th game (@AZ) providing he can practice the week before....

Logical
09-18-2006, 04:27 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15545238.htm

Chiefs quarterback Trent Green talked on the phone with “Fox NFL Sunday” and FOXSports.com in his first interview since he received a severe concussion when he was hit by Cincinnati’s Robert Geathers in last Sunday’s game.

“Today (Saturday) is the first day I’ve really been up and around,” Green said. “I feel OK. The only thing is if I get up too quickly or move too quickly I get a little dizzy.”

Green is scheduled to visit a neurologist to help gauge a timetable for his return.

“They told me four to six weeks when it first happened,” Green said. “They’ll give me an update on that on Tuesday. I absolutely want to play again this year.”

Damn I hate being right on this one. I told gochiefs it would be four to six weeks, I was hoping I would be wrong. Hate to say it but I don't see us winning more that two of the next 4 without Trent.

Calcountry
09-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Hate to say it but I don't see us winning more that two of the next 4 without Trent. .No, you love to say it.

Jets_Fan7
09-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah great game guys 0-2 with Herm how do you guys feel now?

Logical
09-18-2006, 04:50 PM
No, you love to say it.

OK lets see how you stand, over the next 4 played without Trent who would we win against and who would we lose to?

Hootie
09-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah great game guys 0-2 with Herm how do you guys feel now?
I feel like using punctuation!

WilliamTheIrish
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I honestly don't think Trent's coming back this season.

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 05:24 PM
I honestly don't think Trent's coming back this season.
Nobody asked you.

JBucc
09-18-2006, 05:25 PM
So, WilliamTheIrish, do you think Trent is coming back this season?

blueballs
09-18-2006, 05:28 PM
brillo pads will knock that
smart right off your ass