PDA

View Full Version : The Defense

Donger
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I fully admit that I'm no football expert; far from it. Yet, I found myself actually looking forward to watching the Chiefs' defense today. As an admitted neophyte, did any of you also get the same feeling of anticipation? I think back on the last five years or so, and remember feeling a sense of dread when the defense would take the field.

I didn't feel like that today, not until the last few series, anyway.

I didn't actively watch the Chiefs during the defensive glory days, and despite the loss today, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game. It was akin to watching the offense over the last few years, but decidedly different, for different reasons.

Seeing, and feeling, this side of the game, I can now understand the passion that most of you feel.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:09 PM
I felt like we could hold Denver as long as the Ref called Denver for pushing off.

Unfortunately that did not happen

But yes I am liking this D ..still need a push up the middle on the pass rush

Easy 6
09-17-2006, 08:14 PM
The worm is turning, i'm proud of my guy's.Gaurantee there are some sore, beaten up dude's in the donx lockeroom.

keg in kc
09-17-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't know why, but I never had a feeling like the defense was in trouble until we lost the coin toss in overtime. That was the first "oh shit" moment I had all day, where I was afraid the D wasn't going to hold.

It felt...weird.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't know why, but I never had a feeling like the defense was in trouble until we lost the coin toss in overtime. That was the first "oh shit" moment I had all day, where I was afraid the D wasn't going to hold.

It felt...weird.

Well 78% of the time whoever wins the OT toss wins the game. So you just knew the odds were against us no matter who we were, who we were playing or where we were.

the Talking Can
09-17-2006, 08:20 PM
we hit people hard today...Smith got knocked out twice and Wesley knocked one of their RBs absolutely senseless...

first time in a long time that I thougt our D had a real and not a fake swagger about them...DJ simply owned the Donkos...

Hammock Parties
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I felt that we would give up touchdowns on both of Denver's second-half drives. It was pleasant to see them stiffen.

And yes, I got that sinking feeling in overtime, too. A pick six would have been orgasmic.

CupidStunt
09-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes.

I also believe that we're a defensive tackle away from a top 5-8 defense.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:22 PM
I felt that we would give up touchdowns on both of Denver's second-half drives. It was pleasant to see them stiffen.

And yes, I got that sinking feeling in overtime, too. A pick six would have been orgasmic.

We even stoped them after they were given that BS non-face mask call

The Poz
09-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Good coverage, just no pressure on the QB. If the line continues to play like this against a decent, healthy QB, they'll be in trouble.
Thought Lenny Walls looked very good! Glad to see that.

petegz28
09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Good coverage, just no pressure on the QB. If the line continues to play like this against a decent, healthy QB, they'll be in trouble.

Walls looked great. All our secodnary did. Law got burned on 1 play where he slipped and fell ...otherwise he probably could of jumped the route or broke up the play at least.

It's just too bad the Ref didn't, uh-hum see the push off in OT

beer bacon
09-17-2006, 08:30 PM

The line was getting good pressure in the first half. In the second half when Denver started putting some plays together I think they got tired a bit and fell off.

runnercyclist
09-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Did Key Fox even see the field on D?

The Poz
09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Didn't see Fox out there but I did see Scanlon on a couple of plays near the goal line.
On the offensive side, glad to see how Sampson played a much better game than Black ever will.