PDA

View Full Version : Are the Chargers for real?

dirk digler
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Or did they just beat really 2 shitty teams?

I honestly wasn't expecting much from them with basically a rookie QB.

CHENZ A!
09-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Their defense, and running game are definetly for real, too early to tell on the QB, but if he can limit his mistakes they'll be tough to beat.

PunkinDrublic
09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Lets hope not. Like I said in an earlier thread, they've just beaten two really bad teams. They do appear to have a tough defense. I want to see how they react when a legit run defense that forces them to pass.

Ugly Duck
09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Yes, they played two poopy teams.... but their defense is for real. I dunno what they've been feeding those guyz, but they are wild and relentless. Maybe they are just a little excited about the season starting... but I gotta feeling that defense will embarrass a few more teams this season....

Hammock Parties
09-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Two shitty, shitty teams, but that defense is good.

Herm vs Marty should be fun. Might end in a 2-2 tie.

TrickyNicky
09-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Their pass rush is for real, which helps their leaky secondary immensely. If Rivers can just play Rothleisberger-ball and just not be a liability, then I say they are definitely for real.

Raiderhater
09-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Are the Chargers for real?

Until they get into the playoffs.

Phobia
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Absolutley. They'll rip through the AFC West and beyond. I have them in the SuperBowl but I'm an idiot.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Until they get into the playoffs.

Their $#it gets ruined at Arrowhead.

I'm taking bets as of now...

2bikemike
09-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Well they sure started off with a couple of cream puffs. The Raiders are just pathetic. Titan are only slightly better. Sure would have been nice to have those two games first.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Well they sure started off with a couple of cream puffs. The Raiders are just pathetic. Titan are only slightly better.

The only way they could play a worse team would be locking up the Texans next week...

09-17-2006, 10:11 PM
The only way they could play a worse team would be locking up the Texans next week...
Throw Detroit in there as well.

chiefsfan1963
09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
As I said before SD should take this division. They win 12 games. Marty finally has the whole package, playmakers on both sides of the ball. This could be his chance to reach the SB finally. I'm happy for him.

Rausch
09-17-2006, 10:24 PM
As I said before SD should take this division. They win 12 games. Marty finally has the whole package, playmakers on both sides of the ball. This could be his chance to reach the SB finally. I'm happy for him.

I hope he falls ass first into a pile of disgarded needles used by heroin addicts infected with the ebola virus...

2bikemike
09-17-2006, 10:28 PM

Living in San Diego I can't take it when they do well. So many bandwagon fans. There will be a run on Charger gear at the local malls this week.

DJJasonp
09-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Living in San Diego I can't take it when they do well. So many bandwagon fans. There will be a run on Charger gear at the local malls this week.

I live in SD as well....and I couldnt agree more. over half of the charger "fans" in this town couldnt name more than 3 players on the team. Seeing a charger game is also becoming a lot like seeing a game in Oakland.....a lot of criminal/dirtbag types come out.

As for how well the chargers are........they've played 2 teams that are probably two of the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the league. I think the Chargers D is good (but weak against the pass)....but Rivers has yet to prove anything as they've played nobody in regards to a decent defense.

chiefsfan1963
09-17-2006, 10:36 PM
I hope he falls ass first into a pile of disgarded needles used by heroin addicts infected with the ebola virus...

Too bad you have all this anger towards Marty and DV. Both are very good coaches. I do think DV is the better of the 2, but let's not argue that point now. The one person you should have anger towards is what each of them had when they were in KC, CP!!!!!!!!!!

CP couldn't help Marty get a half way decent O and CP couldn't help DV
get a half way decent D. Both of these HC's would have done very well for KC, probably brought 3 or 4 SB's combined if it was not for Darth CP!

09-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Too bad you have all this anger towards Marty and DV. Both are very good coaches. I do think DV is the better of the 2, but let's not argue that point now. The one person you should have anger towards is what each of them had when they were in KC, CP!!!!!!!!!!

CP couldn't help Marty get a half way decent O and CP couldn't help DV
get a half way decent D. Both of these HC's would have done very well for KC, probably brought 3 or 4 SB's combined if it was not for Darth CP!
I want Dick Schottenhiemer as our head coach. Not THAT would be a balanced team

Nzoner
09-18-2006, 12:11 AM
I want Dick Schottenhiemer as our head coach. Not THAT would be a balanced team

We also need Carl Pioli.

Hound333
09-18-2006, 06:05 AM
Honestly I think we are 2-0 if we played the Charger scheduled. We might not have won as big but we would have won. They played the two worst teams in the league.

They will make the play-offs and that defense is legit. Just not as legit as those to crap teams make them out to be.

CupidStunt
09-18-2006, 06:07 AM
They'll lose to Pittsburgh... I'm not sure about the Ravens yet.

The Chargers won't move the ball much on either team, but their defense is for real.

Skip Towne
09-18-2006, 06:58 AM
Marty is back. He is very tough to beat. His D is for real and his O looks good as well. They can play with anyone.

Simplex3
09-18-2006, 07:02 AM
The Chargers may have beaten two weak teams, but they did it by pounding the crap out of them in every aspect of the game. That's what a solid team is supposed to do. I think they're for real until it matters, in the playoffs.

PastorMikH
09-18-2006, 07:08 AM
I think we and the Chargers will be an interesting matchup. Our D is doing great on the run so far and LT is a lot of their O. Take him away and make Rivers beat us with Law and Surtain back there won't be easy for them to do.

As I stated on another thread, it wouldn't surprise me that the final score when we play the Chargers the first time will be 4-2

PastorMikH
09-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Absolutley. They'll rip through the AFC West and beyond. I have them in the SuperBowl but I'm an idiot.

Though I think the first half of your statement it possible, Marty is still Marty and he'll choke before the SB.

boogblaster
09-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Marty-ball all the way..still winning the easy ones..getting out-coached in the tough ones....

Gaz
09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
The Chargers beat [2] crappy teams.

They have the players to be for real, though.

xoxo~
Gaz
Expects the Chargers to take the AFC West.

Chief Chief
09-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately for Marty, he gets ultra-conservative in the play-offs, doesn't take risks, and plays not to lose. I can't see the Chuggers beating the Dolts or the Bungals.