PDA

View Full Version : I think the only thing missing yesterday...

Archie F. Swin
09-18-2006, 08:18 AM
...was Deberg faking the handoff to Word, tucking the pig [perfectly] and chucking that bitch 30 yards to J.J. Birden.

I think if we had tried that more than once we would have fared pretty well in Denver.

HemiEd
09-18-2006, 08:24 AM
I do not remember us trying a single end around. However, the weather caused me several "searching for signal" minutes with my Direct TV. :cuss:

Dark Horse
09-18-2006, 10:28 AM
The only thing missing was a win

kepp
09-18-2006, 10:32 AM
The only thing missing was Trent Green. This is not a gripe against Huard, BTW. I thought he played admirably given the situation.

el borracho
09-18-2006, 10:44 AM
If we go back to that style of play we had better draft Neil Smith, Dan Saleamua and Derrick Thomas soon. Improved or not, our current D does not rush the passer like the D of the 90s.

htismaqe
09-18-2006, 10:51 AM
If we go back to that style of play we had better draft Neil Smith, Dan Saleamua and Derrick Thomas soon. Improved or not, our current D does not rush the passer like the D of the 90s.

I keep seeing this and it still doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

We gave up NINE points yesterday, in 5 quarters. Some of you people need to put down the fantasy football magazines and start watching the games.

el borracho
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
The Ds of the 90s thrived on turnovers. We had several playmakers who terrorized opposing QBs. If our offense regresses to the point of scoring 9 meaningful points in two games we will need to win the turnover battle. This D has good (not great) LBs and great (but aging) CBs. Allen is a playmaker but he is the only one. We will need more playmakers on D to successfully play Herm's style of football.

P.S. I don't play fantasy football, I do watch the games and we are 0-2.

htismaqe
09-18-2006, 11:23 AM
The Ds of the 90s thrived on turnovers. We had several playmakers who terrorized opposing QBs. If our offense regresses to the point of scoring 9 meaningful points in two games we will need to win the turnover battle. This D has good (not great) LBs and great (but aging) CBs. Allen is a playmaker but he is the only one. We will need more playmakers on D to successfully play Herm's style of football.

P.S. I don't play fantasy football, I do watch the games and we are 0-2.

Do you know what Herm's style of football even is? Who were the playmakers in Tampa?

We have all the components to play Cover 2. In fact, our CB's are OVERKILL.

And while you may not be ready to acknowledge it, every talking head on ESPN will be talking about the "great LB" we have in DJ by the end of the season.