PDA

View Full Version : Nice Job By Herm

vailpass
09-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Perfect game plan for a hostile road game with backup QB. Max protect and pound the ball. For those pissed that he was too conservative did you see what happened when KC did not keep TE and RB in to block on passing plays? Huard was swamped. Turley is too light and not back to full strength, he will get rag-dolled by most DL he faces unless that improves. LJ is strong. He will get worn down as the season goes if they continue to use him so much. DJ is playing with mor instinct instead of having to think and it shows. The DL Herm brought from NY is earning his salt.

KC D played with energy and hunger. Denver O pathetic. Not drafting L. Maroney has come back to haunt them. NO run game=no bootleg, play action. Plummer put a glove on after airballing several passes. Ha! Shchefller had Bell beat so bad in the endzone Bell wasn't even in the picture when Jake sailed a would-be TD pass 2 feet over Scheffler's 6'5" head. Plummer could give a shit that the crowd booed him which is the right way to be.

Face mask on Hali should have been a 5 yarder. It was incidental contact but you can't touch the facemask of a runner period. PF call on KC's 3rd string RB during the kick= right at the waist could have gone either way. Bottom line: he blocked the defender from behind on a return and that call will go against the blocker every time. The play had already gone beyond him and he had no business putting himself in that position.

The refs were not good on either side of the ball.

Tatum and Mike Bell are not up to Bronco RB standards at this point.
Ty Law didn't look like much. Hali was really involved in the flow for a rookie. If Herm could figure out a way to coach an extra 3-4" height and 30 pounds he would be a monster. Congrats to KC on a very well played game given the personnel obstacles they had to overcome.

KC MVP: Colquitt & Jared allen/Tamba Hali
Denver MVP: Elam & D

CupidStunt
09-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Solid, honest write-up.

Only real disagreement: Law made one bad play. And that, really, was it. He wasn't tested much outside of that and, though he might not "be much", he's solid.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Law slipped once I saw on a catch. Plus the Walker catch was tough to defend it was right on the shadow line with the sun.

Wa-Z
09-18-2006, 11:24 AM
It humors me that we had Broncos Fans at the edges of their seats in their home...but we still should've won. :-)

RealSNR
09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Law had one or two screw-ups, but so does EVERY corner in the league. Even Chump. He made a few great plays in run defense that were very smart. Bottom line: Warfield wouldn't have had the smarts to play the run on those plays. Law isn't just a good coverage guy, he's an all-out defender. I'm very satisfied with what he's done these past two games.

RedandGold
09-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Law slipped once I saw on a catch. Plus the Walker catch was tough to defend it was right on the shadow line with the sun.

Throw in the push-off, and it's tough to blame Law for that play.

RealSNR
09-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Throw in the push-off, and it's tough to blame Law for that play.Exactly. I was pissed the refs didn't call that

RedThat
09-18-2006, 11:32 AM
One thing I am proud to say about Law that I never seen with Warfield, he is a GREAT tackler.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I too really felt proud when the Fans were booing Plummer. The Chiefs really took the crowd out of the game.

CoMoChief
09-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Exactly. I was pissed the refs didn't call that

I'm still not sure on whether or not that deserved a flag or not.

RedThat
09-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I too really felt proud when the Fans were booing Plummer. The Chiefs really took the crowd out of the game.

They did. They put up a dog fight in Denver. Hats off to them, even though they lost the game. There is plenty to be positive about this team. I've never seen them make Denver work so hard to win this game.

Hats off to Herm for putting together a good game plan.

KC-TBB
Even the Donkey fans here at work aren't gloating, they feel they won...but they still SUCK!

Phobia
I was with you until said the refs were bad on both sides.

Nice job.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 11:38 AM
One thing I am proud to say about Law that I never seen with Warfield, he is a GREAT tackler.

Actually Warfield was a pretty good tackler. Hell he was a safety in college.

Pitt Gorilla
09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
PF call on KC's 3rd string RB during the kick= right at the waist could have gone either way. Bottom line: he blocked the defender from behind on a return and that call will go against the blocker every time. The play had already gone beyond him and he had no business putting himself in that position.I disagree. You shouldn't be given a flag for doing something that is completely legal. At no time does that make sense.

Hound333
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Even the Donkey fans here at work aren't gloating, they feel they won...but they still SUCK!

ya my dad said the same thing. (I was sired by a Donkey fan. I feel tainted) He said the only thing this game did was maybe give Denver the 6th pick in the Draft and KC the 3rd.

vailpass
09-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Solid, honest write-up.

Only real disagreement: Law made one bad play. And that, really, was it. He wasn't tested much outside of that and, though he might not "be much", he's solid.

Clarification: I'm a Law fan and have been for years. Like his style. He seemed a step slower. "Not much" for Law is still better than "peak performance" for 80% of the DB's in the league.

Inspector
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
I was with you until said the refs were bad on both sides.

Nice job.

Yeah, KC refs were better than Denver's refs.

CHENZ A!
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
The call on the Dee Brown block was clearly a horrible call, he was on the side of the guy, and his helmet was in front of the shoulder pads.

As for the offensive PI non call, I would never expect to get that call, offensive pass interference calls are gifts these days in a league that wants as many scores as possible.

Easy 6
09-18-2006, 02:30 PM
What Phobia said.

Bob Dole
09-18-2006, 02:35 PM
The call on the Dee Brown block was clearly a horrible call, he was on the side of the guy, and his helmet was in front of the shoulder pads.

As for the offensive PI non call, I would never expect to get that call, offensive pass interference calls are gifts these days in a league that wants as many scores as possible.

Unless your last name is Parker and your team is playing against Carson Palmer's team.

ChiefsCountry
09-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Unless your last name is Parker and your team is playing against Carson Palmer's team.

Or little Manning's team trying to knock off older Manning.

vailpass
09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
There is no place in football for crying.

Easy 6
09-18-2006, 03:19 PM
vailpass,................................. :moon:

StcChief
09-18-2006, 03:48 PM
There is no place in football for crying.

Tell that to your cryin' Donxs owner as he weasels out of playing the first game of the year against Pittsburg away has a repeat of AFC championship..

Everybody else had to do it.... karma may have worked for you this year as Big Ben was out.

:p

Chief Henry
09-18-2006, 04:02 PM
I still think we needed a few screen passes and about 5 more play action passes. Several times we could have done play action but instead was just a striaght drop back. I posted this earlier, Huard needs alot of work on his play action pass fakes.

We needed one :banghead: stinking play on offense an couldn't get it. The debackle before halftime really pizzed me off. In game decison making by our staff really stunk. Herm and his staff is no better than DV staff when it comes to (in game) decison making.

Sure our defense played much better but we still didn't get any pressure on Plummer by our d-line.

LJ will be shot by our 10th game if he keeps getting the rock 30 times per game.

Lets get LJ the ball in the flat or on screens some times :rolleyes:

penguinz
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I still think we needed a few screen passes and about 5 more play action passes. Several times we could have done play action but instead was just a striaght drop back. I posted this earlier, Huard needs alot of work on his play action pass fakes.

We needed one :banghead: stinking play on offense an couldn't get it. The debackle before halftime really pizzed me off. In game decison making by our staff really stunk. Herm and his staff is no better than DV staff when it comes to (in game) decison making.

Sure our defense played much better but we still didn't get any pressure on Plummer by our d-line.

LJ will be shot by our 10th game if he keeps getting the rock 30 times per game.

Lets get LJ the ball in the flat or on screens some times :rolleyes:He has only 44 thru two games. How does that come close to 30 carries a game.

CHENZ A!
09-18-2006, 04:57 PM

Right, but wouldn't you agree that the calls on Sammie were bad calls, that were drive killers for us, and basically gifts for them? I just don't think Walker's play was blatant enough to call it, but I definetly wish they had.

runnercyclist
09-18-2006, 05:53 PM
The world.