PDA

View Full Version : Owens breaks finger, out 2-4 weeks

Fire Me Boy!
09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Owens breaks finger, out 2-4 weeks

IRVING, Texas (AP) – Terrell Owens will miss from two to four weeks after breaking a finger Sunday night in the Dallas Cowboys' 27-10 victory over Washington.

The controversial wide receiver broke his right ring finger and will need surgery; he said it'd be Monday, but the team said it also could be Tuesday. The Cowboys have a bye next week.

Owens said he was hurt on the first or second play of the game, but didn't tell anybody until the fourth quarter. He said it was a "fluke thing" and occurred when he was blocking.

"I think my hand got caught on a guy's jersey or something. I kind of felt something weird with it," Owens said. "I just kind of felt like I jammed it. I kept playing."

Owens, who missed much of training camp and the preseason because of a hamstring injury after signing a three-year, $25 million deal that includes a $5 million bonus and a $5 million salary in 2006, struggled against the Redskins. Owens flubbed a pass in the end zone on the opening drive – the first of three drops. By game's end, he was getting his hand X-rayed, his stats sealed at three catches for 19 yards.

While Owens wasn't sure when he got hurt, he drew a personal foul penalty on the Cowboys' first offensive snap of the game for an illegal block.

On the dropped touchdown, Owens said he was trying to gather in the ball when cornerback Mike Rumph knocked the ball away.

"I didn't really have my full strength in my hand, so I think that probably may have contributed with him punching it out," Owens said.

The X-rays revealed the break. His right hand was partially wrapped after the game.

"I feel like I'm a quick healer," Owens said. "Once we have the surgery, the healing process will start. ... I'm going to try to get back as soon as I can."

After Owens felt a twinge in his hamstring the first week of training camp, he missed more than 20 workouts and the first three preseason games. Two MRIs were clear, but Owens still flew in several doctors and trainers to California, plus a hyperbaric chamber, because he still didn't feel right.

Last week, in a loss at Jacksonville, Owens played much better with six catches for 80 yards and a touchdown.

Fire Me Boy!
09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Other injuries....

Owens breaks finger; 3 Bengals injured

Terrell Owens will miss at least two weeks after breaking his right ring finger in the Dallas Cowboys' 27-10 home victory over Washington on Sunday night.

Owens, who had three catches for 19 yards against the Redskins, said he would have surgery on Monday while the team said the surgery would be Monday or Tuesday. He's expected to miss from two to four weeks.

The Cowboys have a bye next week.

Owens said he was hurt on the first or second play of the game, but didn't tell anybody that he was hurt until he was leaving the sideline for the locker room in the fourth quarter. He said it was a "fluke thing" and occurred when he was blocking.

"I think my hand got caught on a guy's jersey or something. I kind of felt something weird with it," Owens said. "I just kind of felt like I jammed it. I kept playing."

While Owens wasn't sure when he got hurt, he drew a personal foul penalty on the Cowboys' first offensive snap of the game for an illegal block.

On the dropped touchdown, Owens said he was trying to gather in the ball when cornerback Mike Rumph knocked the ball away.

"I didn't really have my full strength in my hand, so I think that probably may have contributed with him punching it out," Owens said.

The X-rays revealed the break. His right hand was partially wrapped after the game.

"I feel like I'm a quick healer," said Owens, who missed much of training camp and the preseason because of a hamstring injury. "Once we have the surgery, the healing process will start. ... I'm going to try to get back as soon as I can."

Earlier Sunday, the Bengals lost three starters to injuries in their victory over the Browns, Eagles defensive end Jevon Kearse was carted off the field with an injured left knee, and Rams seven-time Pro Bowl lineman Orlando Pace sustained a concussion.

Cincinnati lost center Rich Braham to a knee injury, safety Dexter Jackson to an ankle injury, and linebacker David Pollack, who was taken to a hospital for evaluation of an unspecified neck injury. Pollack had full movement in his arms and legs.

The Bengals (2-0) played without receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh and left tackle Levi Jones, who were inactive with lingering injuries.

Kearse was injured in overtime of the Eagles' 30-24 loss to the New York Giants.

He seemed shaken up and was slow to get off the field when he sacked Eli Manning and forced a fumble early in OT. Two plays later, he teamed with defensive tackle Mike Patterson for another sack, only this time Kearse appeared to hurt himself much worse.

Kearse reached for his knee when Manning was sacked and couldn't put weight on his left leg when he was helped off the field. He was taken to the locker room on a cart, and will have an MRI on Monday.

Pace was taken to a San Francisco hospital for tests after getting a concussion late in the first half of the Rams' 20-13 loss. The Rams also lost linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa, who dislocated his elbow while tackling 49ers fullback Chris Hetherington early in the third quarter.

Pace, who missed just nine games in his first nine NFL seasons, didn't return after getting hurt during the Rams' final drive of the first half.

"He got hit in the head and wasn't able to come back in," Rams coach Scott Linehan said. "I did briefly talk to him at halftime. He wasn't feeling too good then."

The Bengals have a lot of healing to do.

Pollack hurt his neck while tackling running back Reuben Droughns on Cleveland's second play. Pollack, a first-round pick last year, hit Droughns with his right shoulder, then lay face-down on the field.

He remained conscious and gave a thumbs-up sign with both hands as he left the field on a back board. The team said he had full feeling in his extremities. Pollack was taken for precautionary X-rays.

Braham hurt his left knee while blocking on a running play early in the second quarter. He lay on his back in pain while the medical staff examined his knee, then was taken off on a cart as well.

Braham is the cornerstone to one of the league's most experience offensive lines.

Jackson rolled his right ankle while trying to make a play late in the first half. Jackson, one of the team's top free-agent acquisitions, could only take a few steps at a time while he limped off the field. Jackson also left the field for medical tests.

Elsewhere:

– Redskins RB Clinton Portis was inactive for the game against the Cowboys with a sore shoulder.

– Raiders QB Aaron Brooks was pulled in the first quarter with a sprained right rotator cuff after twice fumbling snaps from center, turnovers that led to a pair of Baltimore field goals. The injury occurred while Brooks was trying to pounce on the second fumble near the line of scrimmage, coach Art Shell said.

– Rams LB Pisa Tinoisamoa dislocated his elbow while tackling 49ers fullback Chris Hetherington early in the third quarter. 49ers G Justin Smiley sprained his left shoulder.

– Falcons DE John Abraham missed the win over Tampa Bay with a groin injury after being listed as questionable on the team's injury report all week.

– Lions LB Alex Lewis sustained a ligament injury to his knee on the opening possession of the club's loss to the Bears; SS Jon McGraw sustained a concussion and SS Kenoy Kennedy injured his foot.

– The Texans' were hit with several injuries: OT Charles Spencer was helped off the field with a left knee injury, and C Mike Flanagan hobbled off with a left foot injury.

– Ravens OT Jonathan Ogden (knee) and CB Samari Rolle (foot) left with minor injuries. Oakland injuries included CB Fabian Washington (hamstring) and LB Grant Irons (back).

– Seahawks TE Itula Mili, starting because Jerramy Stevens is out after knee surgery, left the game against Arizona late in the fourth quarter with his own knee injury.

– Broncos WR Rod Smith took hard hits in the first and fourth quarters and was taken out of the game with a concussion. He didn't want to discuss his injury.

Iowanian
09-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Bill Lundberg rejoices after trading Owens to the Savage Midgets for Chester Taylor last week.

vailpass
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
TO sprained his labia majora last week and is currently getting therapy:

StcChief
09-18-2006, 12:47 PM
That's what you get TO. bad Karma will follow you.

teedubya
09-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks to FireMeBoyPlanet.com I get all the NFL news.

big nasty kcnut
09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
What will happen to t.o. next week. He hurt his feeling when a girl don't talk to him. He'll be out 3 to 4 weeks.
Then he'll get hurt reading a negitive article about him that he'll be out 4 more weeks.

stevieray
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
That's nice. Good for him.

Fire Me Boy!
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanks to FireMeBoyPlanet.com I get all the NFL news.
I'm sick, so my sarcasm filter may need adjustment, but.... are you complaining about me posting news, or is that a compliment?

Valiant
09-18-2006, 01:52 PM
You can play WR with a broken finger, suck it up pussboy...

Rooster
09-18-2006, 02:10 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. ROFL Maybe Neon Deon will go kiss it for him and make it all better. :crybaby:

Wa-Z
09-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Broncos WR Rod Smith took hard hits in the first and fourth quarters and was taken out of the game with a concussion. He didn't want to discuss his injury.

:hmmm:

Stinger
09-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Other injuries....

Cincinnati lost center Rich Braham to a knee injury, safety Dexter Jackson to an ankle injury, and linebacker David Pollack, who was taken to a hospital for evaluation of an unspecified neck injury. Pollack had full movement in his arms and legs.

The Bengals (2-0) played without receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh and left tackle Levi Jones, who were inactive with lingering injuries.

Pollack hurt his neck while tackling running back Reuben Droughns on Cleveland's second play. Pollack, a first-round pick last year, hit Droughns with his right shoulder, then lay face-down on the field.

He remained conscious and gave a thumbs-up sign with both hands as he left the field on a back board. The team said he had full feeling in his extremities. Pollack was taken for precautionary X-rays.

Wow, Just to update this they are saying (ESPN Radio) Pollack is out for the season with a broken neck.

jspchief
09-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Karma just came through Cincinatti like a runaway locomotive.

big nasty kcnut
09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
This just in t.o. hurt himself while talking to his mom out 6 -8 months.

Valiant
09-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow, Just to update this they are saying (ESPN Radio) Pollack is out for the season with a broken neck.

Geathers you have a phonecall, its karma calling..

Halfcan
09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
TO is a bust-big surprise><