PDA

View Full Version : Meathead Mike Tice......

NaptownChief
09-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Just a random thought but if it weren't for his complete draft day incompetence and inability to submit a draft selection on time we would probably have Bryant McKinney or John Henderson right now instead of Ryan Sims.

Either or would make this current team a lot better.

The Bad Guy
09-19-2006, 04:53 AM
Agreed. We also wouldn't have had to give up a third rounder to move up.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Dammit Tice!

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Oh, **** you, dude.

:(

RealSNR
09-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Wouldn't we have picked up Terrence Newman?

NaptownChief
09-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Wouldn't we have picked up Terrence Newman?

Nope, wrong draft...He was the 5th pick in the 2003 draft. Sims was the 2002 draft....You are probably thinking of Roy Williams.

kc1977
09-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Agreed. We also wouldn't have had to give up a third rounder to move up.

Actually, I think we would have still had to give up the 3rd rounder. Who did we trade with - I want to say the Cowboys. Anyhow, the trade was done...if Tice wouldn't have been a dumbass and they got the Ryan Sims pick in on time, I don't think they would have undone the trade.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering - but had the Vikings not mucked it up as well, I think we'd really be the ones looking really stupid. We would have given up the 3rd round pick and not even got the player we were trading for.

Speaking of Tice, it was funny to see him prowling the Jaguars sideline last night behind Del Rio. I don't know why - he just makes me laugh.

Hound333
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Actually, I think we would have still had to give up the 3rd rounder. Who did we trade with - I want to say the Cowboys. Anyhow, the trade was done...if Tice wouldn't have been a dumbass and they got the Ryan Sims pick in on time, I don't think they would have undone the trade.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering - but had the Vikings not mucked it up as well, I think we'd really be the ones looking really stupid. We would have given up the 3rd round pick and not even got the player we were trading for.

Speaking of Tice, it was funny to see him prowling the Jaguars sideline last night behind Del Rio. I don't know why - he just makes me laugh.

We might have looked bad then. We look worse now for taking who we did. I would rather we looked bad then and gotten the right person instead of taking an oft injured back-up DT with the 6th pick in the draft.

NaptownChief
09-19-2006, 11:50 AM

Definitely would have looked stupid giving up a 3rd rounder to move up and not get the guy you wanted but as already stated we look far worse now.

The reason I figure it would have been Henderson or McKinney is due to the fact DT was the position they wanted and Henderson would have likely been the next most desirable at the time and McKinney was probably the highest rated overall player left on the board at that point. But knowing Carl I suppose it could have been a FB drafted later in the 4th round.

greg63
09-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Just a random thought but if it weren't for his complete draft day incompetence and inability to submit a draft selection on time we would probably have Bryant McKinney or John Henderson right now instead of Ryan Sims.

Either or would make this current team a lot better.

I've always thought that he held out his Rookie year and has played like crap ever since because he really wanted to go to Minnesota.

Mecca
09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
It's all John Buntings fault......

NaptownChief
09-19-2006, 12:06 PM
I've always thought that he held out his Rookie year and has played like crap ever since because he really wanted to go to Minnesota.

He should definitely get his opportunity to go there after this season as I would assume the Chiefs will cut him rather than pay his salary.

greg63
09-19-2006, 10:53 PM
He should definitely get his opportunity to go there after this season as I would assume the Chiefs will cut him rather than pay his salary.

...Let us all hope so.