PDA

View Full Version : Will the Chiefs go 9-7?

Arrowhead Pride
09-19-2006, 11:37 AM
The Chiefs could win 7 out of 9 down the stretch.

San Fran and Arizona are very winnable games.

At Pitt will most likely be a loss as we haven't played well there historically.

San Diego and Seattle are very tough but both at home. Hopefully SD will cool down, while Seattle hasn't looked as tough as they were last year and of course have to cope with the super bowl hangover and madden curse.

At STL and Miami are should wins, especially the way MIA has played this year.

Oakland and Denver have been historically good games for the chiefs at home.

We have to hope that Baltimore slows down with the defense and beating Cleveland is a should/must win.

At SD could be chalked up to a loss while Oakland is another must win.

The way Jacksonville played last night looks like they will be a team to beat in the AFC.

Best case scenario for the Chiefs looks like 11-5 but 9-7 might be a bit more realistic. The way the AFC south is shaping up, they might be the best division. The chiefs best hope is that they all beat up on each other leaving them fatigued and ragged when they come to arrowhead. With that division the wild card is looking less and less like a possibility. Hopefully denver will continue to play ragged and SD will slow down. Although LT is on my fantasy team, a nagging injury would sound great to the chiefs. Pressuring a young QB like Rivers will cause him to make mistakes. If our defense holds up we might be able to contain LT. And with an ever growing QB controversy in Denver, their chances of putting something together and going on a roll are looking less likely. While Plummer may not be the answer in Denver, a rookie QB historically won't be the answer either.

Note: This is from on of our loyal commenters. Pretty good analysis if you ask me.

<a href="http://www.arrowheadpride.com">Arrowhead Pride</a>

JBucc
09-19-2006, 11:41 AM
Possibly. If we can win vs. SD and @ AZ 9-7 is right where we should be.

Hound333
09-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Most likely. We always seem to win some games down the line and put ourselves just out of the playoffs. This of course lets us pick in the teens instead of picking in the top 10. Of course the last top 10 pick we had didn't work out so well so maybe its a better plan.

ChiefsCountry
09-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Actually I had as predicted to go 2-3 out of the gate anyway.

JBucc
09-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Could 9-7 possibly get us into the playoffs? I see the AFCW champ at 10 wins. It's possible that both WC's come out of the AFCN, then you have the AFCS with Indy and an impressive looking Jacksonville. The way things looks right now 11 wins might not be enough for a Wild Card.

oldandslow
09-19-2006, 11:52 AM
It really does come down to the next 2 games. We go 2-0 or we can pack it up.

Mecca
09-19-2006, 11:53 AM
I hope the Chiefs don't think they can just easily beat SF or Arizona both those teams have looked improved so far this year.

NaptownChief
"The way Jacksonville played last night looks like they will be a team to beat in the AFC."

Their defense was awesome but any team that can't score a TD even if it is against a very good D like Pitt has some work to do before I would call them the team to beat...

There are two sides to the ball and if being a Chiefs fans has taught us anything it is being great on one side and not very good on the other isn't a long term winning combination.

Sully
5 wins.
Maybe 6.

vailpass
09-19-2006, 11:54 AM
The Chiefs could win 7 out of 9 down the stretch.

Best case scenario for the Chiefs looks like 11-5 but 9-7 might be a bit more realistic.
<a href="http://www.arrowheadpride.com">Arrowhead Pride</a>

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

RedandGold
09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
I think that 9-7 is about the best that we can expect at this point.

JBucc
09-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Cinci-L
Den-L
SF-In KC, with Huard QBing it may be close but we are better W
AZ-If Trent is back we can pull it out. W
Pitt-L no explanation neseccary
SD-This or Seattle are needed to go 9-7. I say we win this one becase LJ pwns the Bolts. W
SEA-L Shaun is back on track by this time and Branch is worked into the O
STL-This one could be tough. Bulger hasn't looked good but there is too much talent on that O for them to be bad this long. W if we control the clock which with Herm, we will.
Miami-Culpepper sucks. Law has 2 ints. Wesley gets revenge on Ronnie Brown W
Oak-W
Den-Cutler will be starter by now and the Chiefs will be thirsty for revenge W
Cle-W
Bal-On their way to the Super Bowl Baltimore dominates a Roafless chiefs. L
SD-L
Oak-W
Jax-they should still be battling for the divison win Indy at this point. Not good for us. L

That's what would have to happen for us to go 9-7. Maybe 10-6 if Tiki's other twin sucumbs to the Madden curse. But imo, 7-9 or worse is more likely with our current O-line.

StcChief
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
The 1-1 Donxs look like world beaters too.... :rolleyes:
Have fun in NE boys.

Hendrix68
09-19-2006, 12:27 PM
With the shambles at offensive line and the near insane refusal of team officials to get any help at WR, we should be more worried about winning 2 or 3 games than NINE.

Best case scenario for this already lost season: 6-10.

Worst case: 2-14.

Sure-Oz
09-19-2006, 12:28 PM
We should beat SF in our house no question, even with Huard.

Sure-Oz
09-19-2006, 12:29 PM
With the shambles at offensive line and the near insane refusal of team officials to get any help at WR, we should be more worried about winning 2 or 3 games than NINE.

Best case scenario for this already lost season: 6-10.

Worst case: 2-14.
assuming both wins vs oakland??? who might have a decent shot at 0-16

Deberg_1990
09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I see a 7-9 team. We get to play spoiler in December

chief2000
09-19-2006, 12:51 PM
10-6 didn't help us last year.

You need to beat your division opponents.

NaptownChief
09-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I said 3-13 after last week....I will move that up to 5-11 after this week. Defense looked good enough to win a couple more games. 7-9 is best case scenario from what I see and that will require several fortunate bounces and Green coming back sooner rather than later. 5-11 and that is primarly from the good fortune of getting the worst team in football put on your schedule twice.

Fish
09-19-2006, 01:17 PM
I said 3-13 after last week....I will move that up to 5-11 after this week. Defense looked good enough to win a couple more games. 7-9 is best case scenario from what I see and that will require several fortunate bounces and Green coming back sooner rather than later. 5-11 and that is primarly from the good fortune of getting the worst team in football put on your schedule twice.

After the game last week you were saying 2 maybe 3 wins this season. Now it's up to 5 wins? 7-9 best case scenario?

Where'd the despair go? :p

Frankie
09-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Please not 9-7! It's playoffs or bust. If we are truly rebuilding this year then I want a high draft choice. 9-7 will get us no playoffs and a draft position still around 15.

Easy 6
09-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Hey vailpass, so just how many consecutive stick's of Head-On have you applied directly to your forehead :hmmm:

DonJaun
09-19-2006, 02:35 PM
You will see Just how bad its gotton in about 4 weeks. Even with Green back our Down field threat has been MADE VERY WEAK . We are stuck to short quick passes and running the ball. Thats it. Herm has made Our new OC basicly Silent. This is a Herm Edwards type team. Decent Defense with a suck ass Offence. Play not to lose but Play and hope that the other team makes a mistake so we can win by a field goal. We will maybe win 5 games this year at the most. Hard truth but you will see when San Fran comes into ArrowHead . It just makes me real pissed off when i think of the amount of drop off in Offense in just a year. Losing two tackles didnt help but Carl sat back and did NOTHING! And to make things worse Bring in a horrible head coach. I say 5 wins at best this year.

Fish
09-19-2006, 02:39 PM
You will see Just how bad its gotton in about 4 weeks. Even with Green back our Down field threat has been MADE VERY WEAK . We are stuck to short quick passes and running the ball. Thats it. Herm has made Our new OC basicly Silent. This is a Herm Edwards type team. Decent Defense with a suck ass Offence. Play not to lose but Play and hope that the other team makes a mistake so we can win by a field goal. We will maybe win 5 games this year at the most. Hard truth but you will see when San Fran comes into ArrowHead . It just makes me real pissed off when i think of the amount of drop off in Offense in just a year. Losing two tackles didnt help but Carl sat back and did NOTHING! And to make things worse Bring in a horrible head coach. I say 5 wins at best this year.

I say you and your Random-capitalizing keyboard are and idiot.....

NaptownChief
09-19-2006, 02:56 PM
After the game last week you were saying 2 maybe 3 wins this season. Now it's up to 5 wins? 7-9 best case scenario?

Where'd the despair go? :p

Like I told you last week I base my opinion on what I see on the field not on some skewed, biased homer opinion like most. And the prediction was 3-13 as I already stated not your above mentioned "2 maybe 3"....But that is ok as I don't hold you to the expectation of being correct.

vailpass
09-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey vailpass, so just how many consecutive stick's of Head-On have you applied directly to your forehead :hmmm:

Huh?

DonJaun
09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
I say you and your Random-capitalizing keyboard are and idiot.....
Ok then Your a Faggot. Im just giving an opinion. Just like everyone else on here jack ass. Who the hell died and Made you God. Go mess with someone else and quit swingin on my nutts asshole.

SBK
09-19-2006, 03:07 PM

Everytime I hear Don Juan I think of someone that the ladies Don Juan to be around.

Old joke I heard. :)

Easy 6
09-19-2006, 03:10 PM
vailpass that attempt at a roundhouse backfired, must be a regional commercial i referenced, some here might get it though :)

Jets_Fan7
09-19-2006, 03:10 PM
If you don't get Green back then Hell No

Fish
09-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Like I told you last week I base my opinion on what I see on the field not on some skewed, biased homer opinion like most. And the prediction was 3-13 as I already stated not your above mentioned "2 maybe 3"....But that is ok as I don't hold you to the expectation of being correct.

You did say 3-13, but you also said 3 W's was being generous....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3410332&postcount=10

But I guess I won't hold you to the expectation of remembering... as your opinion changes ± 2 W's each week....

Easy 6
09-19-2006, 03:22 PM
jit'sfin6, after my failed prior sideswipe, i've got nothin........................................i've been "mushed", yer' lucky.........

DonJaun
09-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Everytime I hear Don Juan I think of someone that the ladies Don Juan to be around.

Old joke I heard. :)
I hear them all the time. I wish everything could be going better for our team so we wouldnt argue and call each other names when we disagree. But i guess that maybe to much to ask.

huskerdooz
09-19-2006, 03:54 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

This was actually my 1st thought when I read the title to this thread.

With the issues on the OL (specifically at RT and LT) I'd say we'll be lucky to finish with the reverse of that (7-9).

SBK
09-19-2006, 03:58 PM
I hear them all the time. I wish everything could be going better for our team so we wouldnt argue and call each other names when we disagree. But i guess that maybe to much to ask.

I'm not calling you names.

Why would I do that with my name? ROFL

SBK
09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I'll chime in. I'm going with 6 wins. With or without our QB coming back.

Now, hopefully I'm proved way wrong.

vailpass
09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
vailpass that attempt at a roundhouse backfired, must be a regional commercial i referenced, some here might get it though :)

Got ya', thanks. I couldn't figure out WTF you meant by that.

vailpass
09-19-2006, 04:04 PM
This was actually my 1st thought when I read the title to this thread.

With the issues on the OL (specifically at RT and LT) I'd say we'll be lucky to finish with the reverse of that (7-9).

I was more reacting to the mention of an 11-5 record which would be a ****ing miracle after starting 0-2.

Easy 6
09-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Your right vailpass, 11-5 does seem a lil' farfetched when your 0-2 but we may not need more than 9-10 win's to make the playoff's this year, it work's out different every year. Both of our team's will beat up the dolt's just enough to make it TIGHT down the stretch IMO, so 11-5 or no, we all just might have a shot, and i can't WAIT til' late season when Trent (hopen'pray) shake's it off and our D has gelled under Herm's tutelage(btw, who's really doubting the result's so far?). I think the donx & CHIEFS will vie for AFCW, young River's will prolly' stumble when it really get's hot.

JBucc
09-19-2006, 05:00 PM
I hear them all the time. I wish everything could be going better for our team so we wouldnt argue and call each other names when we disagree. But i guess that maybe to much to ask.Dude, we argue and call each other names whether we're winning or not.

JBucc
09-19-2006, 05:02 PM
vailpass that attempt at a roundhouse backfired, must be a regional commercial i referenced, some here might get it though :)Head on. Apply directly to the forehead. Head on. Apply directly to the forehead. Head on. Apply directly to the forehead. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

ArrowheadHawk
09-19-2006, 05:11 PM
until we actually lose more im going with my homer vision and prediction 14-2

Easy 6
09-19-2006, 05:15 PM
JBucc, that commercial is a nefarious, multi-tiered conspiracy to enslave the entire WORLD........................

Mr. Kotter
09-19-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm going with 10-6. :banghead:

And missing the Playoffs for the second consecutive year, with that record. :cuss:

:deevee:

Lonewolf Ed
09-19-2006, 05:27 PM
5 wins.
Maybe 6.

Ditto. The best the Chiefs have ever finished after an 0-2 start was 7-9. If they manage to win 8 and lose 8, that would be a feat.

DonJaun
09-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm not calling you names.

Why would I do that with my name? ROFL
I didnt mean you dude. LOL I guess i was still on a rant. I was just typing out loud and it spilled over . sorry. LOL

DonJaun
09-19-2006, 05:32 PM
They are gonna need to open the Offense up a lil bit before i can go with a better prediction of about 5 total wins.

runnercyclist
09-19-2006, 05:46 PM
11-5

OldTownChief
09-19-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm going with 10-6, I think this team will improve each week and will be hard to beat down the stretch. The Donks have no running game and will self destruct with Jake. SD will win the division in a tie breaker with us. We already have two AFC losses and they will come back to haunt us.

ArrowheadHawk
09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm going with 10-6, I think this team will improve each week and will be hard to beat down the stretch. The Donks have no running game and will self destruct with Jake. SD will win the division in a tie breaker with us. We already have two AFC losses and they will come back to haunt us.isn't our spook house full yet?

OldTownChief
09-19-2006, 06:35 PM
isn't our spook house full yet?

Not yet but the vultures are circling.

Psyko Tek
09-19-2006, 08:12 PM
I see 8-8 or9-7,
we miss the playoffs but beat JAX in last game, either because they are resting for the playoffs or we're just that kind of assholes

Frankie
09-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Both of our team's will beat up the dolt's just enough to make it TIGHT down the stretch IMO, so 11-5 or no, we all just might have a shot.

Umm,... where did you get THAT information? judging by the first two weeks, neither us, nor the Donks can beat SD. Let's see if we improve enough in a few weeks to beat them in KC. Beating them in SD later in the season is, as of now, only wishful thinking.

TEX
09-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm sticking with my preseason prediction of 6-10 which was the same record as last time this team was in "transition." :shake:

Tangini
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
9-7? Reminds me of the old Jim Mora clip, "playoffs......playoffs?". Chiefs have no offense, no QB, Herm as the brains of the organization, i.e., no offensive creativity and high school level clock management, and a mediocre defense which will be exposed shortly.

Chiefs are looking squarely at 6-10 at best.

banyon
09-20-2006, 12:21 PM
11-5

I agree with this, in a mirror.

Dave Lane
09-20-2006, 02:29 PM
We will have to be very lucky to go 9-7

or really 9-5 from here on out.

Dave

chiefsfan1963
09-20-2006, 02:54 PM
The SF game will determine the season for me. If they win then 10 or more wins is probable even w/o Trent returning, if they lose then 5-7 wins will most likely be the result.