PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football, Trade Advice PLZ!!!

KCChiefsMan
09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
ok, sorry for another FFL thread...but screw it.

Ok, I just got a trade proposal in my money league, and I'm thinking about jumping on it.

I get:
Eli Manning
DeAngelo Williams

He gets:
Ronnie Brown
Jamal Lewis

My RBs are solid:
Steven Jackson
Ronnie Brown
Jamal Lewis
Frank Gore
Willie Parker

my QBs have sucked ass so far, Byron Leftwich and Big Ben.

I'm gonna think about it for a bit, but I'm thinking I'm gonna have to do this. In case you need to know, my WRs are solid too: Plaxico, Darrell Jackson, Antonio Bryant and Matt Jones. that would give me a missing piece to the puzzle in Eli....and who knows if Williams will become the starter for Carolina

Hoover
09-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I don't like it.

In the long run I think Brown and Lewis could put up big Numbers, I guess I don't like seeing you trading both of them.

How many RB's can you start each week?

I'd counter with Lewis and Gore or Something

Hoover
09-19-2006, 04:10 PM
So what about this trade

Peyton and L Maroney for Tiki and Tom Brady

KCChiefsMan
09-19-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm really liking Gore, he's putting up great numbers, I know his stock is high right now, but I think he's going to keep it up. If the Dolphins keep sucking than Brown's production will never go anywhere and Jamal Lewis might be getting too old...Eli is probably a top 5 fantasy QB and has a lot of weapons....I can start 3 RBs with the RB/WR slot option. I think I'm going to do it

KCChiefsMan
09-19-2006, 04:43 PM
well I just accepted the trade. I think this will be good for my team

Basileus777
09-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Good trade, you were right to take it.

Its amazing how stupid people can be in trading though. In my league I just traded Jerry Porter and Bret Favre for Chad Pennington and San Diego's defense. And It was a Raider fan that I made the trade with. :)

SBK
09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
So what about this trade

I've seen this question a few times now. :)

Peyton is an upgrade over Brady for sure, Maroney is a downgrade from Tiki.

Depends on who else you have at RB (guessing you are getting Peyton).

Personally, it's not a bad trade, but I'm not sure it's a good one either.

Let us know who else you have already.

Hoover
09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
I've seen this question a few times now. :)

Peyton is an upgrade over Brady for sure, Maroney is a downgrade from Tiki.

Depends on who else you have at RB (guessing you are getting Peyton).

Personally, it's not a bad trade, but I'm not sure it's a good one either.

Let us know who else you have already.

I'd actually be the one trading Peyton Manning.

Here is my current team (I think I was drunk when drafting)

QB: Peyton Manning - Start One
RB: Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, C. Benson, DeAngelo Williams, M. Bennett, L. Maroney (Have to start 2, can start up to 3)
WR: Hinze Ward, TJ Housmanzhada, Deon Branch, Lelie. M Clayton(Have to start 3, can start up to five)
K Akers
D San Diago, Pats

This is a non PPR League.

I know this team is weak on at WR, especially considering that I can start so many of them. But I really want 3 solid RBs to start each week, then start 4 WRs. My plan is to wait till one of my other RBs gets hot and make a deal for another WR.
TE: Jason Whitten, Desmond Clark (Have to start one, can start two)

BWillie
09-19-2006, 09:52 PM
How can I block all fantasy football threads so I don't have to sift through the muck? Is there a filter or something I can get?

:p

SBK
09-19-2006, 09:54 PM
I'd actually be the one trading Peyton Manning.

Here is my current team (I think I was drunk when drafting)

QB: Peyton Manning - Start One
RB: Ronnie Brown, Chester Taylor, C. Benson, DeAngelo Williams, M. Bennett, L. Maroney (Have to start 2, can start up to 3)
WR: Hinze Ward, TJ Housmanzhada, Deon Branch, Lelie. M Clayton(Have to start 3, can start up to five)
K Akers
D San Diago, Pats

This is a non PPR League.

I know this team is weak on at WR, especially considering that I can start so many of them. But I really want 3 solid RBs to start each week, then start 4 WRs. My plan is to wait till one of my other RBs gets hot and make a deal for another WR.
TE: Jason Whitten, Desmond Clark (Have to start one, can start two)

I'd pass.

KCChiefsMan
09-20-2006, 01:54 AM
How can I block all fantasy football threads so I don't have to sift through the muck? Is there a filter or something I can get?

:p

gee, why don't you at least try not clicking on them. That is what I do when I see a thread I'm not interested in

ChiefFan31
09-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Do NOT make that trade.

Is this a keeper league by any chance? I have not read the other posts...

Edit - you are in somewhat of a bind with your current QB situation. Both of those guys you must have drafted late, but look at some of the others teams rosters. Propose a trade that makes sense to you. You seem to be deep at Wide and RB

Double Edit - Doh! the trigger has already been pulled.

CHENZ A!
09-20-2006, 02:02 AM
Dude... IMO, you got raped. sorry, but "douchebag JR." is not worth that much, when on any given week, Rex Grossman or some other scrub could score more.

Use 2 of your RB's to score a top 5 WR from a guy that isn't in your division. or do a 3 for 2 trade with a dipshit owner, but dont do this

ChiefFan31
09-20-2006, 02:08 AM
So what about this trade

That is almost tempting considering how nice it is to have a stud RB

But with the mess of the Patriots WR corps right now, I would say No.