PDA

View Full Version : Trent takes Test. . .Unable to throw football. . .and Croyle works out

mac58
09-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Trent Green, QB KC

News: The Kansas City Star reports that Chiefs QB Trent Green took neurological tests for his concussion Tuesday and has not been given a timetable to return to action. Lingering effects remain for Green, who cannot drive a car or even throw a football right now. "We're confident he's coming back," coach Herm Edwards said. "When he's coming back ... nobody knows. I haven't even asked. Because I don't want to know. I told him, 'It's on your schedule.'"

Analysis: The Chiefs have begun expanding the playbook for backup Damon Huard and have given some first-team reps to rookie Brodie Croyle. Owners are advised to keep Green reserved as much as possible, but if you have to dump him to get a QB to start this week, go for it. Don't drop him unless you have to. The Chiefs are on bye in Week 3.

Brodie Croyle, QB KC

News: Chiefs rookie QB Brodie Croyle took some first-team reps at practice Tuesday, according to the Kansas City Star. Damon Huard remains the starter in place of Trent Green (concussion) but the team wants to take a look and see what Croyle is capable of. Kansas City is on bye in Week 3.

Analysis: Croyle is worth owning in deep keeper leagues only at this point. While talented in college, Croyle is by no means ready for the NFL at this point.

Damon Huard, QB KC

News: With QB Trent Green (concussion) still far from returning, the Chiefs have expanded Damon Huard's playbook this week with the assumption that he will be their starter in Week 4 vs. San Francisco, reports the Kansas City Star. Green is still unable to even throw a football. Huard took most of the reps in practice with the first team on Tuesday, though rookie Brodie Croyle also got in there.

Analysis: Huard should be more comfortable in the Chiefs' offense by Week 4 and has a good matchup at home against the 49ers. Keep in mind that he was very efficient in Week 2 at Denver, throwing no interceptions (no TDs, either). Huard is at best a No. 3 Fantasy QB that should only be owned in super-deep Fantasy Football leagues.

JBucc
09-20-2006, 07:41 AM
That does not encourage me to his return

BigChiefFan
09-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Sounds like Trent Green is done. He's got the heart of the lion, but this doesn't sound good in the least.

mac58
09-20-2006, 07:51 AM
yeah I dont see him playing this year again. . .

alpha_omega
09-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Sounds like gloom & doom.

Archie Bunker
09-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Doesn't sound good. It wouldn't surprise me to see Herm start Croyle over Huard very soon. The bye week gives the Chiefs some time to get him ready.

I think Croyle his Herm's guy.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Well F*CK, Trent thanks for memories godspeed with the recovery

old_geezer
09-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Everybody seems to be giving us the 49er game on a platter. I've actually seen the 49ers play two fairly good games so far this year and with Huard at QB and another ultra-conservative gameplan we could be looking at 0-3 to start the season. I am not confident going into that game.

Demonpenz
09-20-2006, 08:06 AM
does he slide ok?

htismaqe
09-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Croyle is used to playing behind a shitty line...

the Talking Can
09-20-2006, 08:10 AM
amazing we could lose Priest and Green to concussion....

Kylo Ren
09-20-2006, 08:12 AM
This statement is unintentionally misleading:

Lingering effects remain for Green, who cannot drive a car or even throw a football right now.

It doesn't mean he CAN'T throw a football. It doesn't mean that he tried to throw a football and his arm wouldn't work or something like that. It means the Drs. have told him not to drive a car or throw a football. They're telling him to relax and not do anything strenuous. I'm sure they are telling him to rest and not workout. They just want him to give his body a chance to heal up. I don't think this is as big of a deal as many of you are making it out to be. You can go to the Dr. and have a very minor, routine procedure and the Dr. will tell you to have someone drive you home. I don't think we should jump off the deep end......... yet.

Demonpenz
09-20-2006, 08:14 AM
oh gunther fan. Maybe the only person dumber than me here.

milkman
09-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Why does a guy who's been on the team three years need time to get comfortable in the offense?

patteeu
09-20-2006, 08:31 AM
oh gunther fan. Maybe the only person dumber than me here.

Why? He's right.

Stinger
09-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Why does a guy who's been on the team three years need time to get comfortable in the offense?

With this offensive line would you be confortable behind it?

cdcox
09-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Am I the only one wondering how a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE got an exclusive on Trent's condition, or has this been posted elsewhere?

StcChief
09-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Am I the only one wondering how a FANTASY FOOTBALL SITE got an exclusive on Trent's condition, or has this been posted elsewhere?
A Fantasy site doesn't know sh1t. Only how to tell folks that have Green, Huard, Croyle what to now....This week's BYE, sit the players
or speculate on aquiring Croyle/Huard if you need someone....

milkman
09-20-2006, 08:36 AM
With this offensive line would you be confortable behind it?

There's a difference between being comfortable in the "offense", and being comfortable behind the O-Line.

But I'm assuming that you know that, and are just attempting humor.

BigChiefFan
09-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I don't recall were I heard it, but yesterday I heard the latest report was Green was still getting dizzy when standing up. He's also MISSED a full game due to a concussion and there aren't any signs of him returning anytime soon. I don't think he will be back for some time, if ever. He's 36 years old and has a promising future after playing football. I believe Green has the fire to continue to play, but this is SERIOUS, folks. You don't miss weeks upon weeks from an average concussion. He was out for 11 minutes on the field. I think it's not sinking in to some of you that he may actually be D-O-N-E.

A concussion is an INJURY to the BRAIN.

A bruise to the brain from the impact can cause many side-effects, like loss of memory, loss of motor skills, judgement, etc...

sedated
09-20-2006, 09:32 AM
with Carl and the Boys running the front office ministry of information, the only reliable source for info might just be a fantasy site

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2006, 09:36 AM
****!!!!!

Hydrae
09-20-2006, 09:47 AM

Maybe because he has been third string and his job was more about running the squad emulating the next opponent than about learning the details of what we do ourselves? :shrug:

FringeNC
09-20-2006, 09:47 AM
My guess: Trent's done for the year unless we are in playoff contention early November. And if we aren't in playoff contention later in the season, I'd sure like Croyle to get playing time.

Skip Towne
09-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Well, shit.

NewChief
09-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This statement is unintentionally misleading:

Lingering effects remain for Green, who cannot drive a car or even throw a football right now.

It doesn't mean he CAN'T throw a football. It doesn't mean that he tried to throw a football and his arm wouldn't work or something like that. It means the Drs. have told him not to drive a car or throw a football. They're telling him to relax and not do anything strenuous. I'm sure they are telling him to rest and not workout. They just want him to give his body a chance to heal up. I don't think this is as big of a deal as many of you are making it out to be. You can go to the Dr. and have a very minor, routine procedure and the Dr. will tell you to have someone drive you home. I don't think we should jump off the deep end......... yet.

Hate to say it, but GF is exactly right in this instance. The Merrill article is very misleading and inaccurate. All of Trent's tests yesterday went awesome. There may be a presser from Trent soon to set the record straight. Evidently he's not very happy with all the disinformation and panicking.

listopencil
09-20-2006, 10:02 AM
"Lingering effects remain for Green, who cannot drive a car or even throw a football right now."

God, I didn't know he was that bad off. I feel badly for the guy. I hope he can return to normal health-**** football for now. I just hope he can lead a good life after this.

09-20-2006, 10:05 AM
"Lingering effects remain for Green, who cannot drive a car or even throw a football right now."

God, I didn't know he was that bad off. I feel badly for the guy. I hope he can return to normal health-**** football for now. I just hope he can lead a good life after this.
ditto...

I was surprised to hear there was lingering effects too..

football should be the least of his worries right now..

god speed trent green!!

sedated
09-20-2006, 10:13 AM

calm down, it's just the brain.

many planeteers have made wonderful livings without the use of theirs.

(and when I say "livings", I mean "license plates")

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2006, 10:15 AM
I think we should put Croyle in and just be done with it.

Kylo Ren
09-20-2006, 10:19 AM
oh gunther fan. Maybe the only person dumber than me here. No, there's no one dumber than YOU. Sorry. :)

Kylo Ren
09-20-2006, 10:19 AM
Why? He's right. Thank you! :clap:

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2006, 10:23 AM

Well that's just great, Green and Plummer at the same level!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Well that's just great, Green and Plummer at the same level!
ROFL ouch

MichaelH
09-20-2006, 10:28 AM
CRAP! :(

I was hoping to see him in good form this year too.

Get well Trent.

RP_McMurphy
09-20-2006, 10:35 AM
While he might be able to recover from this hit. In all honesty with the severity of this hit he is one bad hit away from some very bad things that I don't even want to talk about. He has a ring and more money that most of us will ever have in our lifetimes. So I would say walking away from football now while you can is the best course of action. Brain injuries are not something to be trivial about and he has a family to worry about. I say thanks for the memories and be safe in your next line of work.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-20-2006, 10:39 AM
looks like they got it from Liz's article today:

It has been 10 days and roughly 1,000 replays since the hit heard ’round the league, and Trent Green still can’t drive a car, toss a football, or do much of anything but rest and wait.

Green underwent neurological tests for his concussion on Tuesday, and Chiefs officials say no timetable was given for his return.

“We’re confident he’s coming back,” coach Herm Edwards said. “When he’s coming back … nobody knows. I haven’t even asked. Because I don’t want to know.

“I told him, ‘It’s on your schedule.’ I’m just coaching the team. I don’t worry about it. I’m coaching these guys.”

The Chiefs went back to work Tuesday operating under the assumption that Green won’t be under center when they play San Francisco on Oct. 1. On a brisk, windy morning, Damon Huard took half of the reps in practice, then rookie Brodie Croyle ran with a collection of first- and second-team players.....more

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15559519.htm

vailpass
09-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Mac,
Thanks for the info. If you are quoting a source it would probably be best if you cited or linked it. If you did and I'm too dumb to see it please ignore.

Here's hoping T.Green incurs zero lasting effects from his concussion.

bringbackmarty
09-20-2006, 10:43 AM
I don't recall were I heard it, but yesterday I heard the latest report was Green was still getting dizzy when standing up. He's also MISSED a full game due to a concussion and there aren't any signs of him returning anytime soon. I don't think he will be back for some time, if ever. He's 36 years old and has a promising future after playing football. I believe Green has the fire to continue to play, but this is SERIOUS, folks. You don't miss weeks upon weeks from an average concussion. He was out for 11 minutes on the field. I think it's not sinking in to some of you that he may actually be D-O-N-E.

A bruise to the brain from the impact can cause many side-effects, like loss of memory, loss of motor skills, judgement, etc...

I agree brain injuries are the most unpredictable in terms of rec time. I starved my brain of oxygen, due to a severe asthma attack in my early 20's, didn't breathe for almost 5 min. heart started cardiac arrest, but they finally got a tube down my throat, and I stabilized. Ater I woke up, three days later, It took me a month to just get all of my coordination and balance back. Brain damage, not a lot mind you, but enough that it took some time for me to get my shit back together. It was six months before I was right again.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Well now, that explains your user name.

C-Mac
09-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Hate to say it, but GF is exactly right in this instance. The Merrill article is very misleading and inaccurate. All of Trent's tests yesterday went awesome. There may be a presser from Trent soon to set the record straight. Evidently he's not very happy with all the disinformation and panicking.

Thanks NewChief, although it appears as if your comment has been overlooked. I agree that he will speak to the media soon also.

sedated
09-20-2006, 10:51 AM
all of this sounds familiar.

I'm having flashbacks to the SanDiego game fallout last year

Mr. Laz
09-20-2006, 11:00 AM
There may be a presser from Trent soon to set the record straight. Evidently he's not very happy with all the disinformation and panicking.
just like there was a presser from Priest Holmes declaring he was pumped and ready to go next week ............................ last year?

NewChief
09-20-2006, 11:03 AM
just like there was a presser from Priest Holmes declaring he was pumped and ready to go next week ............................ last year?

Don't know anything about that. All is know is that yesterday, I heard about the test results. Everything I heard was, "The test went awesome. Everything came back perfect." Then today Merrill writes a column that says Trent can't drive or throw a ball, which is BS. What it means is that the Dr. doesn't want him driving or straining himself right now. It doesn't mean he can't do those things, he's just been told not to by the doctor. But whatever, I'm becoming increasingly amused by all the chicken littles.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Don't know anything about that. All is know is that yesterday, I heard about the test results. Everything I heard was, "The test went awesome. Everything came back perfect." Then today Merrill writes a column that says Trent can't drive or throw a ball, which is BS. What it means is that the Dr. doesn't want him driving or straining himself right now. It doesn't mean he can't do those things, he's just been told not to by the doctor. But whatever, I'm becoming increasingly amused by all the chicken littles.
actually i believe the story she wrote was based on the situation BEFORE the tests ........ so it's not really BS.

as far as everything you've heard ......... if that information came through the chiefs front office then it's completely, utterly worthless.

They lie more than the Iraqi foreign press administration.

they insist that every injury for every player is "no big deal" until the player goes on IR.

How is Green really???

we have no idea right now ... we've yet to hear from anyone i'd trust to even remotely tell the truth.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Trent may have scheduled a press conference, but ESPN has preempted it. Stewart Scott is following a story that Big Ben cut himself shaving this morning

chief2000
09-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Croyle !!!!

Your only asking him to do just a little.

Hold onto the ball. Throw some deep,deep passes.

Chiefnj
09-20-2006, 11:42 AM

Where did you hear that "everything came back perfect"? What tests did they do that had to come back?? What tests came back the same day?

Demonpenz
09-20-2006, 11:59 AM
No, there's no one dumber than YOU. Sorry. :)

you were right i misread it. Trent's not throwing is like when my doctor says you can't mix these pills with jack danials and drive a school bus again and I do it anyway

RealSNR
09-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Everybody seems to be giving us the 49er game on a platter. I've actually seen the 49ers play two fairly good games so far this year and with Huard at QB and another ultra-conservative gameplan we could be looking at 0-3 to start the season. I am not confident going into that game.We should have won at Denver but can't beat the Niners at home?

I know I know... that's why they play the game, but still. We're still an overwhelming favorite to win that game, Green or no Green.

sedated
09-20-2006, 12:20 PM
you were right i misread it. Trent's not throwing is like when my doctor says you can't mix these pills with jack danials and drive a school bus again and I do it anyway

Don't Mix with Alcohol = Mix with Alcohol and Enjoy All the Pretty Colors

boltpower 21
09-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, Croyle was drafted for a reason and the Chiefs need to serioiusly think about rebuilding soon anyway. If Green comes back, he's just asking for more concussions behind that o-line.

I hope Green does what's best for himself and retires. I liked him the few times I've seen him being interviewed and on the draft special.

Get well, retire and maybe he can join Vermeil and Nessler take over for that putrid MNF announcing team.

el borracho
09-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Brett Favre can no longer throw a football and he still gets to play. Why is Trent being held out?

Calcountry
09-20-2006, 01:20 PM

A bruise to the brain from the impact can cause many side-effects, like loss of memory, loss of motor skills, judgement, etc...Like I have tried to say, in numerous previous posts, the brain is tricky. The only thing you can do is wait. It may never heal to the point where Trent Green is the Trent Green pre Geathers. His wife and family, and us fans, just might have to get use to the new Trent Green.

My dad, had a serious head injury about 2 years ago. Even now, he gets a little squirly from time to time. Of course, he is 75 years old too, but, the point is, it took him months not weeks to get any kind of long term memory recall. Every head trama is different due to exactly what part of the brain got injured, so, anything is possible in these kind of recoveries.

Iowanian
09-20-2006, 01:32 PM
This is more bullshit.

He'll be alright and he'll be back.

You can take Newchief's word for it. I'll take his
opinion on this subject over anything I read or hear
in the media. I'll leave it at that.

Ultra Peanut
09-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Lingering effects remain for Green, who cannot drive a car or even throw a football right now.That's a... good.. sign. :deevee:

Kylo Ren
09-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Don't know anything about that. All is know is that yesterday, I heard about the test results. Everything I heard was, "The test went awesome. Everything came back perfect." Then today Merrill writes a column that says Trent can't drive or throw a ball, which is BS. What it means is that the Dr. doesn't want him driving or straining himself right now. It doesn't mean he can't do those things, he's just been told not to by the doctor. But whatever, I'm becoming increasingly amused by all the chicken littles. Hmmmmmmmm? :hmmm: That sounds familiar. :rolleyes:

Kylo Ren
09-20-2006, 03:14 PM
you were right i misread it. Trent's not throwing is like when my doctor says you can't mix these pills with jack danials and drive a school bus again and I do it anyway Exactly. Thanks for the apology. :shake:

Bob Dole
09-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Well, Croyle was drafted for a reason and the Chiefs need to serioiusly think about rebuilding soon anyway. If Green comes back, he's just asking for more concussions behind that o-line.

Oh yeah. Huard was running for his life all day last Sunday. :rolleyes:

Kylo Ren
09-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Trent Green, Willie Roaf and Priest Holmes are all going to walk into Arrowhead on the same day and declare themselves ready to play. The media and the fans will go CRAZY!! Kevin Keitzman will say we're DOOMED. We'll go 13-0 in the regular season and win the Super Bowl !!! Then Keitzman will say that he knew it all along.

boltpower 21
09-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh yeah. Huard was running for his life all day last Sunday. :rolleyes:

Herm Edwards admitted that they played a very conservative, scaled back offense since it was Huard's first start.

Plus it was the Broncos! We all know they're hard pressed to get pressure on the quarterback.

Easy 6
09-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Trent IMO is a very genuine and honest dude who will tell everybody what's up ASAP. This won't be some long guessing game. At this point no new's is good new's IMO.

Sure-Oz
09-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Well we've got 2 more weeks at the earliest to see how he recovers. I hope he can return but i'd rather have the guy be in good health. I really hope this isn't the last time we see him on the field. Croyle atleast is getting reps, he will need to be ready incase Huard can't go or does poorly.

blueballs
09-20-2006, 03:45 PM
from what I have seen of Trent on tv
he is not shy about saying what he thinks
and in a diplomatic way

Hootie
09-20-2006, 03:47 PM
does he slide ok?
dude, weak

rocks
09-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Dear Trent, You have been one hell of a QB for us. Please take the cash, chill out, and get well.

runnercyclist
09-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Happy Trails, Trent. It's been fun.