PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you were Trent Green?

Hoover
09-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Like wee need another Trent Green post, but put yourself in his shoes what would you do.

Trent is my all time favorite Chiefs QB, he is a class act. But he's getting older and the team is about to rebuild. Trent also would have a ton of options after football. Trent is a great fit for TV, his little stint on the CBS pre game show were wonderful.

So if you were Trent, what would you do?

StcChief
09-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Hang 'em up. Take the money run, enjoy the rest of your life. Occasional TV work.

Fish
09-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Come back and try to win a playoff game....

Hound333
09-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I would be done after this season. He has money in the bank and a future on TV. I wouldn't want to have that happen again but I think with I-65 closed it won't be that bad the rest of the year.

Hoover
09-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I also think we need to start rebuilding next season anyway.

Focus on the Oline, run the ball and play defense. I think we can rebuild while still playing some good football. Who knows, we could sneak into the playoffs anyway.

ck_IN
09-20-2006, 12:50 PM
This team is going nowhere anytime soon, we'll have to take some time to de-DV it. Next year we'll likely see Shields and Kennison retire. I don't see any reason to come back if I'm Green.

CYA

milkman
09-20-2006, 12:54 PM
If I was Trent Green, I'd call and thank Willie Roaf for the lack of memory, if I only I could remember Willie's number.

sedated
09-20-2006, 12:55 PM
So if you were Trent, what would you do?

2 chicks at the same time

Skip Towne
09-20-2006, 12:56 PM
I'd consider the concussion for what it is. A warning. I'd take the cash and split.

Hoover
09-20-2006, 12:59 PM
2 chicks at the same time

Great answer. My wife gets all weak in the knees when Trent is on TV. ....

el borracho
09-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Play this year and next and then retire to a life of travel and leisure.

GoHuge
09-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Hang 'em up. Take the money run, enjoy the rest of your life. Occasional TV work.I agree, he's got a beautiful wife, three young kids, and the option of doing about anything he wants in football. He's got nothing left to prove. He's been one of the best at what he does and it would kill me if he got hurt again and had some permanent damage. With this line this year that is a real possibility. That hit is stuff that nightmares are made of. Unfortunately for Trent he is such a competitor I see him coming back and with the luck this team has had this year it's just kind of spooky. When you think about all of the "we'd be f&cked scenarios if" Willie retired, T-Rich left, Trent got hurt. Well they've all happened. I'd just leave well enough alone if I was him. Take the omen and hang'em up.

FloridaMan88
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Trent should do what is in the best interest of his long-term health and retire. Why should Trent put his long-term health on the line for a pathetic, cowardly piece of garbage like Carl Peterson who has nothing better to do than hide under his desk and instruct his propaganda foot soldiers to take shots at the local media and fans

HC_Chief
09-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Finish the season then retire. Pursue lucrative career in sports broadcasting (ESPN/CBS/FOX/NBC/HBO).

JBucc
09-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I'd retire, but screw tv. No reason to put yourself through the likes of Irvin, Sharpe, or Theisman. Guy's got enough brain damage without hanging out with dopes like that. Only way I'd do tv is if they guaranteed me it's be me and Jaws in the booth.

CoMoChief
09-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Retire now and not wait til the end of the season.

**** the shit out of my hot-ass wife every day.

Throw in Croyle and see what he's got.

NJ Chief Fan
09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
id have to say id hang it up, what he has left to prove is win the big one, and he sure as hell isnt going to get it done with this group, personally id like to see him replace that cornball joe theisman on MNF

RP_McMurphy
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Retire IMMEDIATELY. If he does recover from this injury he is one hit away from some very bad things. He has a ring, money, family and a legacy that is secure in the NFL. I love football just as much as the rest of the Planet but there comes a time when you must say it's over. I am in the Navy and kinda know how hard it will be to walk in January. All I have now for 20 years is the Navy and the go-go lifestyle associated with it. For 20 plus years football has been in Trent's life every fall and it will hard to walk away from something like that. But he must walk away or he could quite possibly never walk again or worse.

Cormac
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
He should retire. The team as we know it is finished, and the offense won't be the same. The players have retired or been let go, and he doesn't need to be a hero. He has been one of the all-time greatest Chiefs, IMO, and I hope he can retire happy. It just sucks he never got to advance in the playoffs.

jynni
09-20-2006, 02:40 PM
He's got a promising future in broadcasting. It would be awesome if he could team up with Vermiel.

Maybe someday he'll look into coaching. He'd probably make a great HC or OC.

CupidStunt
09-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Be a wine tester.

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Retire now and not wait til the end of the season.

**** the shit out of my hot-ass wife every day.

Throw in Croyle and see what he's got.

Dude that's a little gay ROFL

blueballs
09-20-2006, 03:01 PM
become Troy Aikman or
work with Troy Aikman
what the Hell did Trent do to you people?

allen_kcCard
09-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Nail the hottest chiefs cheerleader, feign that the concussion made me unaware of what I was doing if caught, and then hang em up.

cdcox
09-20-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd still play. If money were his only concern, he would have quit a long time ago. He's a QB. He worked his whole life to get this chance. No matter what, he won't get a chance to do this any more in a few years. Unless the doctors told me that my risk of permenant damage from a head injury had increased significantly, I'd come back.

kaplin42
09-20-2006, 03:23 PM
Retire now!! Take the rest of the season off and see if the ringing in his ears goes away. If he is happy with his career in football, move into broadcasting next season. If he feels like he has some unfinished buissness still, the become a QB coach and work his way up to OC, then HC.

Psyko Tek
09-20-2006, 04:51 PM
gotta depend on how bad the injury is,
mabye go on IR and see if they get it together next year?

FAX
09-20-2006, 04:55 PM
This is a very good question, Mr. Hoover.

I'm pretty sure that, were I Trent Green, I would promise everyone that I'm coming back so they could all plan on and look forward to my return.

Then, at the very last possible minute, I would move to New Orleans and retire.

FAX

Hoover
09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
I think that sometimes fans lose sight of what is in the best interest of the player. We want wins, playoffs, and don't care about anything else.

I'll be honest I was pissed off when Roaf retired, but the dude has earned the right to make that decision, it doesn't matter what I think. the same goes with Green. If I was Trent I'd walk away and let the Chiefs rebuild.

Adept Havelock
09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Finish the season, and let Carl and Lamar know my return is contingent upon them putting serious effort into upgrading our O-Line.

milkman
09-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Dude that's a little gay ROFL

I thought the same thing.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Lead us to true freedom.

Logical
09-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I would really miss him but if he is going to suffer long term damage, retirment is the right thing for Trent to do.

Logical
09-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Lead us to true freedom.Clayton, didn't you tell me that there was no way Trent would miss 2 to 4 games?

Calcountry
09-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Trent should do what is in the best interest of his long-term health and retire. Why should Trent put his long-term health on the line for a pathetic, cowardly piece of garbage like Carl Peterson who has nothing better to do than hide under his desk and instruct his propaganda foot soldiers to take shots at the local media and fansYou need to update your avatar.

Calcountry
09-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I'd retire, but screw tv. No reason to put yourself through the likes of Irvin, Sharpe, or Theisman. Guy's got enough brain damage without hanging out with dopes like that. Only way I'd do tv is if they guaranteed me it's be me and Jaws in the booth.He should go into the booth, for no other reason, than to give Randy Cross some competition and maybe take his job.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Clayton, didn't you tell me that there was no way Trent would miss 2 to 4 games?

I don't remember saying that, but we do have an interception bet. I hope Green comes back because right now you are winning thanks to Samie Parker. ROFL

Logical
09-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't remember saying that, but we do have an interception bet. I hope Green comes back because right now you are winning thanks to Samie Parker. ROFLI won't take you up on that bet now anyway. He has to play to make the bet legitimate. This is potentially very sad.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2006, 06:21 PM
He's coming back dude, don't worry.

Logical
09-20-2006, 06:24 PM
He's coming back dude, don't worry.I think we both hope so, because I want to believe he has no long term health issues and frankly 14 more weeks like last week is very unappealing.

Moon§hiner
09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Retire, hang out with Gaz and learn the fine art of bowling...do movie ratings...who knows? They might become the next Siskel and Ebert. On a serious note it will be sad to see the day that he does retire but if he has banked his money wisely, no way would I suggest he goes back on the field.

runnercyclist
09-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Play golf

eChief
09-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Like most players would, I'd find out what the doctors say before I make any kind of decision.

Trent is a gamer, he is also a very tough player. I would suspect that he will at least finish this year. Depending on how he feels he might even continue. If the o-line protects him after he comes back and Herm will open up the offense to make potent like it can be I think Trent will want to play.

In the case that he plays this year my money would be on him not running the ball as he did in the first game, I see the ball being thrown away to protect the head.

RealSNR
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Trent is a tough SOB and will try to do anything in his power to come back to football.

Me? I'd probably see if I can finish the season then weigh my options