PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs work out Van Pelt

Basileus777
09-21-2006, 08:14 AM
QB works out

Former Broncos quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt worked out for the Chiefs on Wednesday.

Van Pelt, the backup to Jake Plummer last year, got lost in the quarterback shuffle when the Broncos drafted Jay Cutler.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15568478.htm

Van pelt? :cuss:

StcChief
09-21-2006, 08:23 AM
So they think Huard is not the answer? and not counting on Green anytime soon.

Green likely on IR if not available soon I would guess.

Do they retro act that back to Cincy game?

BigChiefFan
09-21-2006, 08:26 AM
If Green is so ready, why would we work out Van Pelt? I take this as bad news.

Eleazar
09-21-2006, 08:28 AM
If Green is so ready, why would we work out Van Pelt? I take this as bad news.

Casey Printers.

penguinz
09-21-2006, 08:28 AM
So they think Huard is not the answer? and not counting on Green anytime soon.

Green likely on IR if not available soon I would guess.

Do they retro act that back to Cincy game?Retro act what? If put on IR he is done for the season.

BigChiefFan
09-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Casey Printers.I understand Printers isn't ready, but I'm referring to us looking at a QB. Doing so, leads me to believe Green won't be ready for quite a while. Hell, we're going into a bye week and we're shopping for a QB. That doesn't look good for Green, IMO.

Stinger
09-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Kennison, Walls, Quentin Griffin, Dalton now Van Pelt? Does this mean we have gone from a Ramification to Broncoification.

Oh for the record Van Pelt did score against us last year on a QB sneak when Pummer lined up as a wide out last year.

Easy 6
09-21-2006, 08:59 AM
I forgot all about him, thought Dick Van Patten retired?

Fish
09-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh for the record Van Pelt did score against us last year on a QB sneak when Pummer lined up as a wide out last year.

That's the first damn thing I thought of when I heard that news.... I was so f'n pissed off on that play......

I don't think Van Pelt will ever get on the field for us....

StcChief
09-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Retro act what? If put on IR he is done for the season.
Ok it's not IR. Whatever is similar to 15-30 day DL in MLB.
Injured reserve. 4 week outage? or do you have to keep him in a roster taking a roster spot. Put him on PS....ala Printers

NaptownChief
09-21-2006, 09:08 AM
Van Pelt isn't much of a QB....He is a very good athlete so much so that it intrigued the Rat enough to try and develop him for a couple years but his release lets you know how Rat thought the developement was going.

Archie Bunker
09-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Van Pelt isn't much of a QB....He is a very good athlete so much so that it intrigued the Rat enough to try and develop him for a couple years but his release lets you know how Rat thought the developement was going.

Pretty much somes it up. He has decent speed for a QB which would be a plus behind this line and I would say he is light years ahead of Printers in his development. If he ever saw the field for an extended period of time the Chiefs would be in trouble.

Stinger
09-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Pretty much somes it up. He has decent speed for a QB which would be a plus behind this line and I would say he is light years ahead of Printers in his development. If he ever saw the field for an extended period of time the Chiefs would be in trouble.

So release Printers and pick up Van Pelt?

Fire Me Boy!
09-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Ok it's not IR. Whatever is similar to 15-30 day DL in MLB.
Injured reserve. 4 week outage? or do you have to keep him in a roster taking a roster spot. Put him on PS....ala Printers
Ummm.... yeah. Let's put Green on the practice squad. That sounds like a good idea. :shake: He'd be snatched up before the ink was dry.

The only thing we could do would be put him on PUP... he'd be available after week 6 (although, I'm not sure we could put him on PUP at this point in the season). Putting him on IR makes him unavailable for the rest of the season. Really, we'll carry him on the roster and make him inactive when he can't go.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Van Pelt was scheduled to make several team visits. Having him workout in Arrowhead means little

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-21-2006, 09:30 AM
It's IR or nothing. He can't go on PUP.

Saulbadguy
09-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Bradlee Van Pelt is awesome.

Watch this video of him, at the :35 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQ6Vag6J_A

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Van Pelt can be #3 behind Croyle if Trent is not coming back...sounds like Trent may indeed not be coming back. Kind of a sticky situation. You have to have 3 deep at QB, but Casey can't be number 3. If we pick up Van Pelt and then Trent comes back, then what? Dump Casey and PS for Van Pelt?

This just sucks...

Ultra Peanut
09-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Bradleeeeeeeeeee!

Thank God it's not Alex!

InChiefsHeaven
09-21-2006, 09:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQ6Vag6J_A

I like it...

Ultra Peanut
09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
I've been on the Van Pelt bandwagon from Day -1:

Hate to admit it now that he's a Donk, but I've always liked Van Pelt. He's tough, if nothing else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQ6Vag6J_AHahahahaha.

Archie Bunker
09-21-2006, 09:43 AM
So release Printers and pick up Van Pelt?

I would. I think Van Pelt would be a better option as the 3rd QB and maybe as Croyle's backup down the road. I'm just not very high on Printers.

I would say this was probably just a token visit and he won't be signed.

Fire Me Boy!
09-21-2006, 09:44 AM
It's IR or nothing. He can't go on PUP.
Thank you... I wasn't sure about that.

listopencil
09-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Man, BVP really sucks at QB. You'd be better off getting any of your players that played QB in college or High School to give it a shot.

SLAG
09-21-2006, 10:25 AM
maybe we can run a QB Sneak for a TD with him

TRR
09-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I think KC is trying to take every precaution in case Green is out longer than anticipated. I think when Green is cleared, he'll be back that week. However, nobody knows how long that will take.

Kerberos
09-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Van Pelt was scheduled to make several team visits. Having him workout in Arrowhead means little

Yup

Chances are the Raiduhs are looking at him so King Carl is trying to help drive the price up so Al Davis has to dig deeper to sign him.

:D

Mr. Laz
09-21-2006, 11:15 AM
another "not so good" sign about Trent Green

Pneuma
09-21-2006, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b44NtZaj3Qo&mode=related&search=

Demonpenz
09-21-2006, 11:28 AM
i remember that colorado play. I thought he would get kicked out for that. I also think bvp could be the best WR on our team right now

morphius
09-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Volek doesn't want to come here so we chase after some real scrubs, eak.

Did Printers also go to Florida State, have to wonder if that guy just isn't showing signs of not being able to learn to offense, 'cause one would think that a mobile QB would be pretty important with some questions on the OL.

NewChief
09-21-2006, 11:53 AM
My wife was in grad. school at CSU while Van Pelt was there, so we watched quite a few of his games. He reminds me of a less spectacular version of Matt Jones. As someone else said, he'd probably be a good receiver. Not sold on him as an NFL QB.

StcChief
09-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Volek doesn't want to come here so we chase after some real scrubs, eak.

Did Printers also go to Florida State, have to wonder if that guy just isn't showing signs of not being able to learn to offense, 'cause one would think that a mobile QB would be pretty important with some questions on the OL.

What was his wonderlick....

TCU and Fla. A& M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Printers

Hydrae
09-21-2006, 03:15 PM
We should have had him in last week, BEFORE we played the Browncows. :banghead:

runnercyclist
09-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Why?

Hydrae
09-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Because you always work out someone from your upcoming opponent the week before you play them to pick their brain. No idea why they would waste their time on him after the fact.

listopencil
09-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Because you always work out someone from your upcoming opponent the week before you play them to pick their brain. No idea why they would waste their time on him after the fact.

The last spot he had on our team was #3QB. The #3 doesn't run our offense, he poses as the opponent's QB for the scout team. And he was cut before the season began. And judging from what our Offense has done so far, especially against KC, you wouldn't have gotten much info even if he was the #2 heading into week two.

StcChief
09-21-2006, 04:31 PM
So your #3 is better than VanPelt...
this is just to fill time in our coaches schedule or what.

I think Green's issues are worse than that and they don't want to move up Printers.

listopencil
09-21-2006, 04:53 PM
So your #3 is better than VanPelt...
this is just to fill time in our coaches schedule or what.

I think Green's issues are worse than that and they don't want to move up Printers.

Nah, I'm not saying our #3 is better than Van Pelt. Van Pelt was our #3 and we cut him. We don't have a #3 on the active roster. We have a third QB on the roster but he is on the PS, running the scout team. Van Pelt was our #2 all of last year so DEN didn't think he was just a huge pile of shit or anything. But we have better options now and our current "#3" has PS eligibility. I like the idea. Keep a #1 and a #2 for gameday then stash a guy with long term potential on the PS. If his PS eligibility ends before he can make a contribution he gets cut.

Hydrae
09-21-2006, 05:26 PM
The last spot he had on our team was #3QB. The #3 doesn't run our offense, he poses as the opponent's QB for the scout team. And he was cut before the season began. And judging from what our Offense has done so far, especially against KC, you wouldn't have gotten much info even if he was the #2 heading into week two.

Yeah, I was really just kidding. I didn't figure he would have much insight into your team this year anyway. I just have that low of an opinion of him as a QB that I figured that would be his greatest value. :)

Deberg_1990
09-21-2006, 05:31 PM
I wonder if Atlanta would take a #1 for Matt Schuab?? I doubt it considering Vick's injury history....but its nice to dream.

09-21-2006, 05:34 PM
QB works out

Former Broncos quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt worked out for the Chiefs on Wednesday.

Van Pelt, the backup to Jake Plummer last year, got lost in the quarterback shuffle when the Broncos drafted Jay Cutler.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/15568478.htm

Van pelt? :cuss:

I have been saying since the Cincy game that Trent was done.

Bugeater
09-21-2006, 06:09 PM
I have been saying since the Cincy game that Trent was done.
:BS:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3409680&postcount=44

TEX
09-21-2006, 06:32 PM
I was surprised that the TEXANS didn't sign him. :hmmm:

FAX
09-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Mr. Iowanian would know more about this than I, but I think that van pelts would be devilishly difficult to handle since the paint tends to crack. They would have more luck with a beaver pelt.

Come to think of it, I think we should all try out a beaver pelt.

FAX

Easy 6
09-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Been wanting to try out a beaver pelt for a couple of months now FAX, just cant seem to corner one long enough to trot out my best lines.

Skip Towne
09-21-2006, 08:50 PM
The answer to all this is so simple everybody is over looking it. Install the Wing-T offense. It fits our offensive personnel. We have no receivers or tackles. We can't throw the ball. It's why Marv Levy did what he did.

Thig Lyfe
09-21-2006, 09:03 PM
I wonder if Atlanta would take a #1 for Matt Schuab?? I doubt it considering Vick's injury history....but its nice to dream.

Me want Matt Schaub.

boogblaster
09-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Huard is good enough for now..Van Pelt is better than Printers..our Rook is better too..Dont look good for Green..If we have to rebuild might as well take a look at Van Pelt..Or any other young hopefull.....

blueballs
09-21-2006, 09:16 PM
has Van Pelt used up his practice squad
time allotment?

Easy 6
09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Boog, go check out the Herm Qn'A thread. Trent sounds very positive.

blueballs
09-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Trent's brother in law who posts
here says he is fine

Rausch
09-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Trent's brother in law who posts
here says he is fine

He probably will recover just fine, but I'm worried about future hits now. You can list 20 QB's that had one nasty dinger open the door to easy concussions...

Halfcan
09-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I would rather see Brodie out there-he has to learn sometime. He could have played the Denver game-with mostly handoffs.

HerculesRockefell
09-21-2006, 11:57 PM
has Van Pelt used up his practice squad
time allotment?

Yes, that's why he was cut and Denver kept Preston Parsons instead.

BVP has also said he won't switch positions, it's QB or bust.