PDA

View Full Version : What to expect to get for Randy Moss

booyaf2
09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
I know, I know, another Fantasy Football league that nobody cares about.
But really, what can I expect to get for this turd in a trade? Should I hold on to him for a couple weeks to see if his value goes up? At this point he's about as valuable as Percy Snow's rookie card. :banghead:

cookster50
09-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Expect? A used peanut shell. Now, there has to be at least one moron in your league that will give you something good, find that idiot fast!

TRR
09-21-2006, 10:27 AM
In my league, a trade just went down for Randy Moss. Moss for Jeremy Shockey. Look for another fantasy player that isn't doing well, and that another owner is frustrated with...like a Cadillac Williams, or a Chris Chambers. Someone of that nature.

MahiMike
09-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Dude, be patient. He'll come around. There are plenty of other guys that haven't lived up to expectations. Fantasy players are like stocks. If their value plummets, you have to hold. If the rest of your team is solid you need your late bloomers to help you thru the postseason. When all those LT and Manning owners have their players sitting because they've already clinched, you'll be smelling pretty with guys on lousy teams...

kepp
09-21-2006, 10:44 AM
I know, I know, another Fantasy Football league that nobody cares about.
But really, what can I expect to get for this turd in a trade? Should I hold on to him for a couple weeks to see if his value goes up? At this point he's about as valuable as Percy Snow's rookie card. :banghead:
BTW...Manning retired.

Duck Dog
09-21-2006, 10:56 AM
I'd hold onto him if your other receivers are probable playoff bound contenders. If healthy he'll still be starting in Decemeber.

Eleazar
09-21-2006, 11:00 AM
You're not exactly selling high here.

TRR
09-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Would anyone trade Willie Parker and Andre Johnson for Chad Johnson...If you had Thomas Jones and Julius Jones as a backup for WP?

Mr. Laz
09-21-2006, 11:19 AM
you shouldn't be trying to trade him ....... just put him on the bench and wait.

he will come around at some point

wait until he gets a couple 100 yrd games to drive his value up ...... then trade him if you want.

booyaf2
09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
I proposed a trade, Moss for Chester Taylor. That quickly got rejected, so I threw in Todd Heap to sweeten the deal. I have Gonzo, so Heap is expendable.

Duck Dog
09-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Would anyone trade Willie Parker and Andre Johnson for Chad Johnson...If you had Thomas Jones and Julius Jones as a backup for WP?

WP and JJ are basicaly the same player. So you would be essentially trading AJ straight up for CJ, except your losing a back up HB. And who wouldn't grab CJ for a back up RB?

Make that trade.

StcChief
09-21-2006, 12:53 PM
I proposed a trade, Moss for Chester Taylor. That quickly got rejected, so I threw in Todd Heap to sweeten the deal. I have Gonzo, so Heap is expendable.
If he takes that he's an idiot jump on it.

KevB
09-21-2006, 01:08 PM
One thing to consider with Moss. The first two weeks they played against VERY good defenses. Go take a look at the rest of the Raiders schedule. He'll be a top 15 WR when it's all said and done.

runnercyclist
09-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Please refer to Randy Moss as Captain Moss.

Skyy God
09-21-2006, 04:49 PM
One thing to consider with Moss. The first two weeks they played against VERY good defenses. Go take a look at the rest of the Raiders schedule. He'll be a top 15 WR when it's all said and done.

With Walters and/or Brooks at QB, 5 turnstiles for an O-line, and an offensive coordinator who was running a B&B last year? I'm not seeing it.

dtebbe
09-21-2006, 05:50 PM
I'll give you a shasta grape and two cheetos for him.

DT