PDA

View Full Version : 2nd time broken into about a month

KingPriest2
09-21-2006, 01:05 PM
http://67.18.68.69/BB/showthread.php?t=146013

It happened again.

This time they there a huge rock thru the sliding glass door.

They basically did the same thing as before but not as bad.

I don't think they took anything except for maybe a camera.

Why would anyone break into a preschool esp a 2nd time? Wouldn't a person think the victim woul d learn? We had no money in the school and had everything locked up.

They came in the same way and went out the same (back door)

Hoepfully it does not happen again.

DaFace
09-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. Sounds like it may be time for a security camera or alarm.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-21-2006, 01:12 PM
For less than a 100 bucks you can set one of those game cameras up, you know like takes pictures of a deer coming in to feed. Motion activated.

KingPriest2
09-21-2006, 01:19 PM
For less than a 100 bucks you can set one of those game cameras up, you know like takes pictures of a deer coming in to feed. Motion activated.

We are looking into those alarms and cameras.

Sam's has some at 600 bucks 8 cameras with it

vailpass
09-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Are you in an urban area?

DMAC
09-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Computer with a $25 webcam is all you need. Set it up on MSN messenger and you can watch from home!

Not sure if you can record though.

KingPriest2
09-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Are you in an urban area?

yes. JOplin

KingPriest2
09-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Computer with a $25 webcam is all you need. Set it up on MSN messenger and you can watch from home!

Not sure if you can record though.

We need 8 to 10 cameras. we have 7 doors. We want some outdoor cameras as well. We need it to record in case something does happen

DMAC
09-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Just hire a security guard, one that takes it WAY to seriously...Here like this guy

http://www.secom.co.id/picture/servic14.jpg

redbrian
09-21-2006, 02:37 PM
We need 8 to 10 cameras. we have 7 doors. We want some outdoor cameras as well. We need it to record in case something does happen

Don't waste your time with one of those systems from Sam's, you don't see Sam's using them do you (and for a very good reason).

If you would like I can pass along the name of our sales rep in your area.

You need the camera system for more than just break-ins it will also protect you from litigation.

You will want a DVR system (tape is a waste of money), they will come in 4, 8, 16, 24 camera systems.

I would recommend that you also get the vandal resistance cameras.

If you have any questions let me know.

kc rush
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
After our last house was broken into, the police told us not to replace non-essentials right away. They said that a lot of times thieves will return in a month or so expecting that people have replaced their valuables with new items.

I don't know if this applies to schools, but its a possible explanation.

JBucc
09-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Get a dog to sleep there. Kids love them and it'll keep burglars away. If it's legal to have a dog in a preschool.

KingPriest2
09-22-2006, 10:06 AM
Don't waste your time with one of those systems from Sam's, you don't see Sam's using them do you (and for a very good reason).

If you would like I can pass along the name of our sales rep in your area.

You need the camera system for more than just break-ins it will also protect you from litigation.

You will want a DVR system (tape is a waste of money), they will come in 4, 8, 16, 24 camera systems.

I would recommend that you also get the vandal resistance cameras.

If you have any questions let me know.

PM me with the info

The one at Sams does have DVR

KingPriest2
09-22-2006, 10:08 AM
After our last house was broken into, the police told us not to replace non-essentials right away. They said that a lot of times thieves will return in a month or so expecting that people have replaced their valuables with new items.

I don't know if this applies to schools, but its a possible explanation.

THey did not say anthiing like that to us. I can understand it though.

We no longer keep cash on the premises.

WHo would break in a preschool?

Brock
09-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Joplin? Good luck with that.

TN_Chief
09-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Security cameras? Screw that...claymores and bouncing bettys are the way to go. Sure, you'll have some cleaning up to do, but you'll eliminate your problem.

morphius
09-22-2006, 10:42 AM
The second time was because they figured you had replaced anything they took last time with new stuff, which is worth even more...

KingPriest2
09-22-2006, 10:53 AM
The second time was because they figured you had replaced anything they took last time with new stuff, which is worth even more...

They just took cash and some medicine last time.

This time they took just a camera kind of funny when they saw 2 other cameras in plain site and not take them.. One of our teachers had a new jar of tylenol they took part of that but not all. Weird.

morphius
09-22-2006, 10:57 AM
They just took cash and some medicine last time.

This time they took just a camera kind of funny when they saw 2 other cameras in plain site and not take them.. One of our teachers had a new jar of tylenol they took part of that but not all. Weird.
Does sound like some kids f'n around.

greg63
09-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Inside job; they only took the camera because there was inciminating evidence in it.

DaFace
09-22-2006, 10:59 AM
I'd almost bet that you're dealing with some punk kids just doing it for the thrill. If they were breaking in for money or profit, they'd take everything in site.

Brock
09-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Meth heads don't always do things that make sense.