PDA

View Full Version : John Welbourn

Hoover
09-21-2006, 01:29 PM
What do you guys think about John Welbourn? I think he's coming back to the Chiefs after his 6 game suspension. Now the question is can he come back after week 6 since he is "retired" or will it be week 7, the Chiefs 6th game?

If Trent comes back, I think we really need to make this happen. While he's not a stud like Roaf, but he's solid and only 30 years old.

L.A. Chieffan
09-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Can he play QB?

vailpass
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
I hear he's been staying in top shape and taking vitamins from the local health retailer...
:)

Fish
09-21-2006, 02:05 PM
IIRC, I don't think he actually went through the entire retirement process.

Anybody know for sure?

JBucc
09-21-2006, 02:06 PM
He'll be just the guy we need to save our 0-6 season

el borracho
09-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Not interested.

shaneo69
09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
I would welcome him back, but only if he gets off the detectable 'roids and starts using HGH instead.

HemiEd
09-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I would welcome him back, but only if he gets off the detectable 'roids and starts using HGH instead.

At least he can't get busted for HGH!

Wile_E_Coyote
09-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I've read in a couple of different places that he was unhappy with his contract situation($$$). If that is true or not, he is still under contract with KC. Would another team be interested in a twice busted for 'roids RT? Mid-season, probably

runnercyclist
09-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Sign him carl

TEX
09-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Not interested.

I am only if the Chiefs could get something for him. Otherwise, I'm with you. This guy has been a bad deal for the Chiefs since day 1. I can't believe what we gave up for him. :shake:

StcChief
09-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't see him back at RT or LT.

chiefqueen
09-21-2006, 03:41 PM
What do you guys think about John Welbourn? I think he's coming back to the Chiefs after his 6 game suspension. Now the question is can he come back after week 6 since he is "retired" or will it be week 7, the Chiefs 6th game?

If Trent comes back, I think we really need to make this happen. While he's not a stud like Roaf, but he's solid and only 30 years old.

His suspension would start after he announced his intention to come back and the Chiefs took him off the "did not report" list. If this happened tomorrow the first game he could play would be Miami on 11/12.

JakeT
09-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I think we should bring him back -- then maybe we can sign Romo and see what Bam Morris is up to.

Welborne = POS

I don't want him back

Halfcan
09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I hope that piece of shit does not come back-he will probably end up on the Faders with all the other washouts.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2006, 07:12 PM
He would be a great addition if we're still in the playoff hunt.

If not...screw off.

Marcellus
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I don't think his suspension has been roid related both times. I think the first of them was ephedra.

Either way,he likley isn't doing a heck of alot that a decent % of other players aren't doing. He is just obviously stupid about it.Most likely his indiscressions are injury related. Similar to San Diego's 1st rounder last year. I don't hear many people in the league dogging him right now. I am sure many a Chief's fan would take him.(I can't remember his damn name :banghead: )

Whatever the case, I would take him back. He paid his suspensions he will play somewhere for someone. Good linemen are hard to find.

The worst thing he has done is leave the team in a hole with his breaking the rules and causing his suspensions. That's tough to take right now. I think it's safe to say we could have and still could use him.

Logical
09-21-2006, 08:01 PM
He would be a great addition if we're still in the playoff hunt.

If not...screw off.:clap:

Sully
09-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't think his suspension has been roid related both times. I think the first of them was ephedra.

Either way,he likley isn't doing a heck of alot that a decent % of other players aren't doing. He is just obviously stupid about it.Most likely his indiscressions are injury related. Similar to San Diego's 1st rounder last year. I don't hear many people in the league dogging him right now. I am sure many a Chief's fan would take him.(I can't remember his damn name :banghead: )

Whatever the case, I would take him back. He paid his suspensions he will play somewhere for someone. Good linemen are hard to find.

The worst thing he has done is leave the team in a hole with his breaking the rules and causing his suspensions. That's tough to take right now. I think it's safe to say we could have and still could use him.

Castillo

Tribal Warfare
09-21-2006, 08:52 PM
F*ck him he's too unreliable

Eleazar
09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I like the idea of KS maturing at RT. And Turley has been servicable. We need to look at the future and not a stopgap solution.

Easy 6
09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Cochise= YUP!

Mecca
09-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Considering the Chiefs are going to lose Shields after this year and as piss poor as the Tackle situation is, I doubt they should be turning their noses up at any quality linemen.

Call him a POS all you want......he's better than any of our lineman not named Waters.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Considering the Chiefs are going to lose Shields after this year and as piss poor as the Tackle situation is, I doubt they should be turning their noses up at any quality linemen.

Call him a POS all you want......he's better than any of our lineman not named Waters.

So, since we don't have a lot of depth on the offensive line you think it's a good idea to expose ourselves with TWO former roid users?

Not the plan I'd throw out there, but...

Mecca
09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
So, since we don't have a lot of depth on the offensive line you think it's a good idea to expose ourselves with TWO former roid users?

Not the plan I'd throw out there, but...

In this position yea, I think they should be looking at anything available. If the Chiefs were stacked on the line then you could make posts about hey we don't need him but sometimes the situation dictates what you have to do.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 09:42 PM
In this position yea, I think they should be looking at anything available. If the Chiefs were stacked on the line then you could make posts about hey we don't need him but sometimes the situation dictates what you have to do.

Perhaps we should try to elevate OL on draft day and go after a few in free agency?

One's that aren't at risk to lose a year to drug suspensions?

Perhaps?...

Mecca
09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Perhaps we should try to elevate OL on draft day and go after a few in free agency?

One's that aren't at risk to lose a year to drug suspensions?

Perhaps?...

They should be doing that either way it would just make it a little easier with Welbourne since he's a good starter and we know that.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
They should be doing that either way it would just make it a little easier with Welbourne since he's a good starter and we know that.

Until they ask him to piss in a cup and we're out a RT/RG and cap space...

Eleazar
09-21-2006, 09:49 PM
I don't know if the best way to bolster a mediocre depth chart at tackle is to add another mediocre tackle, who hasn't played football in months and was inconsistent anyways.

Mecca
09-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Until they ask him to piss in a cup and we're out a RT/RG and cap space...

I'd still rather take my chances with that than cutting him loose. Replacing 3 lineman in 1 year isn't exactly an easy thing to do.

Mecca
09-21-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't know if the best way to bolster a mediocre depth chart at tackle is to add another mediocre tackle, who hasn't played football in months and was inconsistent anyways.

Welbournes 100 times better than any of the Tackles on the Chiefs roster......he's a god compared to what we have.

I like how likely 95% of the NFL is on some sort of enhancement drugs....he gets caught so he's the POS.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I like how likely 95% of the NFL is on some sort of enhancement drugs....he gets caught so he's the POS.

And how many NFL players do you know again?...

Mecca
09-21-2006, 09:53 PM
....You don't think a high majority of NFL players are doing something? Take a look at the unnatural things that go on, on a football field all the time.

Easy 6
09-21-2006, 09:58 PM
IMO Mecca i think a Turley that rounds into form (looks good so far) is a much better all around athlete than Welbourne, he can go LT/RT. I also think Sampson looked solid enough to make us forget about Welbourne.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
....You don't think a high majority of NFL players are doing something? Take a look at the unnatural things that go on, on a football field all the time.

If by something you mean some type of roid or HGH then no, I don't.

Mecca
09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
IMO Mecca i think a Turley that rounds into form (looks good so far) is a much better all around athlete than Welbourne, he can go LT/RT. I also think Sampson looked solid enough to make us forget about Welbourne.

If Turley ever gets back to what he was, then he'll be a good starter but right now he's not close. Sampson on the other hand I don't think he'll ever be good he just has no technique or footwork.

Mecca
09-21-2006, 10:02 PM
If by something you mean some type of roid or HGH then no, I don't.

250lb men running 4.4's is real natural huh? There are numerous upon numerous guys that do things that are frankly not suppose to be physically possible. Brian Urlacher and Julius Peppers being 2 prime examples......

Here's the thing though no one notices and no one talks about it because unlike baseball, guys being amped up on stuff isn't threatening records. If RB's were running for 2400 yards people would start to notice. People like to single out baseball but there's much much more abuse of performance enhancing drugs in football the evidence is on the field.

Rausch
09-21-2006, 10:08 PM
250lb men running 4.4's is real natural huh? There are numerous upon numerous guys that do things that are frankly not suppose to be physically possible. Brian Urlacher and Julius Peppers being 2 prime examples......

And guys in ****ing wheelchairs who can't even drink from a cup aren't supposed to write best sellers and revolutionize the scientific universe, but some do.

Paris Hilton couldn't make coffee but she's a millionaire.

Just because we don't understand it doesn't mean we should assume there's some trickery afoot...

Eleazar
09-21-2006, 10:13 PM
250lb men running 4.4's is real natural huh? There are numerous upon numerous guys that do things that are frankly not suppose to be physically possible.

Natural, no. But unbelievable that less than 1000 people out of a population of 300,000,000 could do it? Come on.

Mecca
09-21-2006, 10:14 PM
And guys in ****ing wheelchairs who can't even drink from a cup aren't supposed to write best sellers and revolutionize the scientific universe, but some do.

Paris Hilton couldn't make coffee but she's a millionaire.

Just because we don't understand it doesn't mean we should assume there's some trickery afoot...

I'd like to know how that has anything to do with a 6'4 250lb man running a 4.4 40 and can lift an inordinate amount of weights.

If you wanna believe guys in the NFL aren't using performance enhancing drugs, that's fine be my guest but it's extremely nieve when you see what's going on in the league. Personally I don't really care if they do or not. But to act like just the guys who get caught are the ones using it is pretty funny.

htismaqe
09-22-2006, 05:32 AM

Here's the thing though no one notices and no one talks about it because unlike baseball, guys being amped up on stuff isn't threatening records. If RB's were running for 2400 yards people would start to notice. People like to single out baseball but there's much much more abuse of performance enhancing drugs in football the evidence is on the field.

People don't talk about it in football because it's not as prevalent in football. Do some NFL players use performance enhancers? Absolutely. But it's nowhere near what goes in baseball.

CupidStunt
09-22-2006, 05:41 AM
250lb men running 4.4's is real natural huh?

These guys have been training their bodys to perform in such a manner for YEARS.

It's not a novel concept. Someone like you could be considered smart if you learned (trained hard) for 10 years.

B_Ambuehl
09-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Welbourne just pissed off someone is all. Everybody gets tested the first day of training camp but from that point on only the bottom of the roster gets tested which his how people get away with it.

greg63
09-22-2006, 11:40 AM
...In other news Willie Roaf feels so bad about what has happened to Trent Green that he has vowed to come back and play until the Chiefs win a Super Bowl.

...Film at 11. :rolleyes:

KC-TBB
09-22-2006, 01:15 PM
You naysayers...Arrrrgghhhh!!!!

philj22
09-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure if I have this correct or not but it seems to me that this is the same as Ricky Williams problem with the Dolphins. He had to unretire then serve the suspension, not serve the suspension while being retired. Besides Peterson has all but made it clear that he isn't welcome at Arrowhead. I may be wrong but I thought he made an indication that he won't be back.....here.

ROYC75
09-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Ya know, all we need to do is line up a Gates buffet table as wide as our OL is, Get JW to anchor it........ we'd have it made man, ain't no DL, even 4 to 5 of them are getting thru if they have to come thru or over that table.

Problems solved..........