PDA

View Full Version : In the Company of Heros

DenverChief
09-23-2006, 12:34 PM
I just finsihed reading this book...got it a couple of years ago for Christmas and just pulled it off the bookshelf a couple of days ago and couldn't put it down...what a story...Blackhawk Down the movie is very tame compared to the book....Makes me want to go back into the Army and go through Warrant Officer/Helicopter flight school....anybody else had a chance to read this book? I highly reccomend it...

DenverChief
09-23-2006, 06:10 PM
well allrighty then

JBucc
09-23-2006, 06:11 PM
There's a RTS game that came out recently called Company of Heroes. It seems pretty cool. :shrug:

Skip Towne
09-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I read Gone With The Wind. It was pretty good.

Hydrae
09-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Not my kind of book generally DC. I prefer to read fiction and escape in that way.

I am actually reading an older book by Poul Anderson right now called "Harvest of Stars" or something like that (I am at work so can't go look at it). I am part way through this book written probably 20 years ago about a time a couple hundred years on our future but some of the things regarding where the US is and how it got there are almost scary. A lot of talk about controlling the populous via vague outside threats and thus justifying actions that would not otherwise be tolerated. Given some of the political climate in the last 5 years, it is interesting fodder for thought.