PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green the quadriplegic says "Thank You"

RealSNR
09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
He had to dictate the letter because he's paralyzed from the neck down :rolleyes:

Trent Green Says Thank You...
Sep 25, 2006, 10:01:25 AM

Dear Chiefs Fans:

I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to the many fans and individuals from around the country and across the world who sent a card, letter or email to wish me a speedy recovery after I was injured on September 10th.

Your outpouring of support has been truly overwhelming. On behalf of my entire family, we sincerely appreciated your prayers and the words of encouragement you expressed. It was truly a humbling experience to realize how concerned so many of you were.

Again, I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ to all of you who took the time to write in and express your kind sentiments.

Sincerely,

Trent Green

Chief Pote
09-25-2006, 10:39 AM
NOT funny.

RealSNR
09-25-2006, 11:31 AM
NOT funny.I know! Feeding tubes are no laughing matter!

1ChiefsDan
09-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Wow - and people said I was an ass. Hope the bad karma comes back to you.

RealSNR
09-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Do you retards understand I'm being sarcastic?

StcChief
09-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Trent,
Get well soon,

Sincerely,
spleanless Kris Sims

Donger
09-25-2006, 11:43 AM

Sarcasm isn't permitted in Highlands Ranch, CO.

morphius
09-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Yes, I understood it when I read it this morning.

Just because it is sarcastic, doesn't make it funny sarcastic.

Just saying...

DaFace
09-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Eh, after all the Chicken Little's around here regarding Trent's condition, I thought it was funny. :shrug:

RealSNR
09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
Eh, after all the Chicken Little's around here regarding Trent's condition, I thought it was funny. :shrug:This is exactly what I meant.

1ChiefsDan
09-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Sarcasm isn't permitted in Highlands Ranch, CO.
Apparently wit isn't permitted in NM

Donger
09-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Apparently wit isn't permitted in NM

I'm quite serious. Look in your covenants. Sarcasm is only permitted with a waiver.

RealSNR
09-25-2006, 12:04 PM
You people are amazing.

I make a joke at all the chicken little shits who are calling Green done and you get a yeast infection.

Why the hell would I mock Trent Green's injury?

Your all and idiots

stevieray
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Seriously
Not
Really

sedated
09-25-2006, 12:23 PM
You people are amazing.

I make a joke at all the chicken little shits who are calling Green done and you get a yeast infection.

Your all and idiots

Frankie says Relax

don't let these sandginers bug you.

it wasn't haha funny, but certainly nothing to get worked up about

dirk digler
09-25-2006, 12:25 PM
This place has gone "soft"

morphius
09-25-2006, 12:29 PM
You people are amazing.

Your all and idiots
We are all idiots and you're still not funny. :D

Seems about right.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Julie Green visits Trent at the hospital:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/116/r2ge9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

JBucc
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Wow - and people said I was an ass. Hope the bad karma comes back to you.Don't worry, you're still twice the ass SNR could ever be.

Bob Dole
09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
You people are amazing.

Your all and idiots

Have you seen evidence that he isn't done?

Furthermore, has anyone seen him walking around?

bogie
09-25-2006, 12:49 PM
This is exactly what I meant.

I'm no chicken little, but my gut tells me we won't see Green for a long while. But, I new what you meant and I too thought it was kinda funny.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-25-2006, 01:21 PM
We really need one of those "I had to put my dog down today" threads to laugh about!

beer bacon
09-25-2006, 01:24 PM

That's retart to you Mister!

Donger
09-25-2006, 01:26 PM

I thought that he showed up for a team picture recently. If so, I suppose it's possible that they wheeled his ass to the shoot, but I doubt it somehow.

Phobia
09-25-2006, 01:32 PM
This place has gone "soft"
since Phobia left.

dirk digler
09-25-2006, 01:33 PM
since Phobia left.

Actually I think it was when Pink left

bringbackmarty
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
yeaH DEFINITELY PINK, JENNY IS OKAY BUT....oh shit better lock my door, phob's gonna come bust it down. You to dirk.

bringbackmarty
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
I am sofa king wee todd it.

hawkchief
09-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Anxiously awaiting the Christopher Reeves jokes.

splatbass
09-25-2006, 02:19 PM

More importantly, has ANYONE seen ANY evidence that he IS done?

He was walking aroung Arrowhead when they took the team picture, so all the available evidence shows that he is recovering. With the lack of any evidence to show otherwise there is NO reason to believe he is done.

bogie
09-25-2006, 02:47 PM

He was walking aroung Arrowhead when they took the team picture, so all the available evidence shows that he is recovering. With the lack of any evidence to show otherwise there is NO reason to believe he is done.

NO reason to believe he's done... head get's slammed into the ground by a 250 lb+ projectile, down and out on the field for like 11 minutes. I doubt any Dr. is going to say, "you're fine Trent, go out and play" Even if he's cleared to play, the Dr.'s are going to make it very clear that he is at high risk of reinjury. I really hope I'm wrong. I'm not usually a glass half empty guy.

runnercyclist
09-25-2006, 03:12 PM
tasteless

RealSNR
09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Anxiously awaiting the Christopher Reeves jokes.Q: What's the difference between Trent Green and an artichoke?

A: An artichoke doesn't have diapers

Okay, this will get me some neg rep comments

stevieray
09-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Q: What's the difference between Trent Green and an artichoke?

A: An artichoke doesn't have diapers

Okay, this will get me some neg rep comments

Serious
Neg
Rep

RealSNR
09-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Serious
Neg
RepSooo..... Not Really?

Bob Dole
09-26-2006, 05:30 AM

Getting carted off on a backboard after laying motionless for more than 10 minutes? Or the complete lack of any real information coming out of One Arrowhead Drive?

Bob Dole has heard more information about Chris Simms in the past 48 hours than he's heard about Trent Green since his week 1 injury.

sedated
09-26-2006, 07:39 AM
Getting carted off on a backboard after laying motionless for more than 10 minutes? Or the complete lack of any real information coming out of One Arrowhead Drive?

Bob Dole has heard more information about Chris Simms in the past 48 hours than he's heard about Trent Green since his week 1 injury.

I agree.

He hasn't been in front of a camera, talked to reporters, or been given a return time.

Even with the worst concussions, they usually give a couple week timetable

I seriously doubt he's coming back.

The Red Sea
09-26-2006, 07:48 AM
Well I gotta tell you guys that a Beer Vendor stocking a shelf here in Central N.Y told me that one of his X wives has a third cousin that has an old high school friend who said Trents not actually alive anymore at all.

That they are keeping it hush as to not cause any Chief fans from jumping off the wagon to a premature death!

For some reason I buy this guys story!!

=P

splatbass
09-26-2006, 07:53 AM
It is great that we have so many doctors here that can make a diagnosis on a patient they haven't even examined. I wonder what medical school these guys attended... :hmmm:

RealSNR
09-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Well I gotta tell you guys that a Beer Vendor stocking a shelf here in Central N.Y told me that one of his X wives has a third cousin that has an old high school friend who said Trents not actually alive anymore at all.

That they are keeping it hush as to not cause any Chief fans from jumping off the wagon to a premature death!

For some reason I buy this guys story!!

=PI doubt his credibility. Does he have a paid subscription to Warpaint Illustrated?

bogie
09-26-2006, 10:39 AM
It is great that we have so many doctors here that can make a diagnosis on a patient they haven't even examined. I wonder what medical school these guys attended... :hmmm:

I haven't read one diagnosis. I have read several logical opinions though. Nobody wants him gone. Well, except Denver and San Diego.

Bob Dole
09-26-2006, 10:48 AM

Their ability to properly diagnose your cranio-rectal disease seems to back up their ability to adequately diagnose medical conditions via the interwebs.

(Lighten up Francis...it's a joke.)

Inspector
09-26-2006, 11:13 AM

Just remember, Roosevelt faked like he wasn't handicapped for a long time.

It can be done.

Bob Dole
09-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Just remember, Roosevelt faked like he wasn't handicapped for a long time.

It can be done.

Screw that.

You need look no further than the whole "Al Davis is alive" charade in our own division.

Inspector
09-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Screw that.

You need look no further than the whole "Al Davis is alive" charade in our own division.

The makup industry is quite impressive with some of their products.

Calcountry
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
You people are amazing.

Your all and idiotsHave you ever been involved with a serious head trauma case?

Have you ever had your father look at you and not know you?

I love humor as much as the next guy, it is just bad material dude.

|Zach|
09-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I really hate this thread, I can't believe SNR wrote it.

RealSNR
09-26-2006, 11:34 AM
I really hate this thread, I can't believe SNR wrote it.Why? What did you except me to write?

RealSNR
09-26-2006, 11:35 AM
And really, I just supplied comments. The letter is posted from kcchiefs.com

|Zach|
09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Why? What did you except me to write?
I didn't expect you to write anything, I know what I expected you not to write.

Calcountry
09-26-2006, 11:40 AM

Bob Dole has heard more information about Chris Simms in the past 48 hours than he's heard about Trent Green since his week 1 injury.I believe I tried to tell you guys this on day one. You won't get any info, that is how Doctors "scheme" handling the family on head trauma's.

Believe me, I have questioned some of Norcals finest minds as respectfully as I could, and grabbed as much of their valuable time as I could, and the best thing that I could garner from any of these encounters, is that if they had anything new to tell me, it probably would be that the conditioned had worsened. IOW, the only evidence that a Doctor could report, would be a complication that may or may not arise after the fact.

Therefore, it follows, that the treatment is wait and see, wait and see. Wait, wait, wait. If nothing happens, then cool, you beat it, if something does, then oh chit it could be worse, even die.

If Trent Green ever walks back onto that field as the Chiefs starting quarterback, he will do it with the above mentioned risks still present and fully informed about them by the Doctors. All the while knowing, that Carl can't get it up with the tackles.