PDA

View Full Version : Five Chiefs that need to step up

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2006, 04:01 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs have the perfect opportunity to grab their first win of 2006 against the San Francisco 49ers this weekend.

San Francisco might have looked like a pushover against the Eagles in its last game, but the Chiefs, 0-2, really can't afford to take any game for granted at this point.

Here are five players that need to show up this weekend if the Chiefs want to improve to 1-2.

1. WR Eddie Kennison

Kennison is Kansas City's best wide receiver. He's got two straight 1,000-yard seasons, but just three catches for 53 yards so far this year. With Trent Green on the sidelines, the Chiefs need someone to step up in the passing game, and Kennison is the perfect candidate. The 49ers' passing defense has not been good this year. Kennison complained this offseason that he was worth a bigger contract. Prove it this week.

2. LT Kyle Turley

Turley's had his struggles in his first two games back after spending two years away from football. It doesn't get any easier this week against a 49er pass rush that has racked up 12 sacks already. At some point, Turley will find himself matched up against rookie outside linebacker Manny Lawson, who's got two sacks of his own so far. If Turley can give backup quarterback Damon Huard the time he needs to find Kennison this week, the Chiefs will run much more smoothly on offense.

3. CB Ty Law

You might look at the stat sheet and notice the Chiefs have only allowed 293 yards passing in two games this year. That's great, but the Chiefs signed Law to be a defensive playmaker this year. He doesn't have an interception or a pass defensed through two weeks. This week is the perfect time to flash those Pro Bowl skills against Alex Smith, a young quarterback. Earn that money.

4. HB Larry Johnson

Johnson led the NFL in yards from scrimmage after two games, but he's still searching for his first touchdown. With Green out, Johnson is Kansas City's best offensive weapon. He's facing a porous 49ers defense this week. Johnson needs to carry the load this week and show the talent that got him into the endzone 21 times a year ago. Above all else, Johnson needs to avoid fumbling like he did last week against Denver in the red zone.

5. LB Keyaron Fox

Fox was impressive during the preseason but doesn't have a tackle through two regular-season games. The Chiefs have been stubborn about sticking with Kendrell Bell as the starting weakside linebacker. Fox is the more talented player. If he makes enough plays, the Chiefs will eventually have to replace Bell. The Chiefs will be a better defense with Fox on the field. He's got limited opportunities to prove himself, so he has to take advantage.

Comments? Suggestions? Criticism? Contact C.E. Wendler at cwendler@realfootball365.com

Insightful Kansas City Chiefs coverage, courtesy of RealFootball365.com

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/chiefs-fiveplayers-49ers260906.html

BigChiefFan
09-26-2006, 04:03 PM
How can Manny Lawson have 2 sacks already? Many told me he would be a bust. LOL.

JBucc
09-26-2006, 04:04 PM
So how much rep did GoChiefs give you to post this?

alpha_omega
09-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Turley should be #1 on that list...IMHO

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Kennison can't do much when they don't throw him the ball...

Personally, I think Kennison is a top 10 WR in THIS league, no joke...but what can he do when Huard isn't comfortable sitting in the pocket (and nor do I really blame him) for more than a second or two.

LJ led the league in yardage after week 2...and with defenses focusing on him every down there's really nothing much more he can do other than not fumble.

Gun doesn't put Fox on the field.

Law and the secondary, especially Lenny Walls, have played fantastic football. The catch Law allowed in overtime was hardly his fault, it was 1 on 1 coverage, and Chiefs pressure caused Plummer to throw a shitty ball, which accidentally ended up being perfectly thrown to where Walker could come back for the ball giving Law no chance to make a play.

and Turley just plain sucks.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
How can Manny Lawson have 2 sacks already? Many told me he would be a bust. LOL.
Marcus Spears had a sack on opening day last year for the Cowboys.

Marcus Spears had 1 sack the entire season last year for the Cowboys.

I never said Manny Lawson would be a bust, but can we wait a little longer than three weeks and 1 good game before we declare him a star?

ArrowheadHawk
09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
So how much rep did GoChiefs give you to post this?
none i got it in my gmail through google alerts and i thought it was a good read so i posted it

teedubya
09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
1. Logical. He has lost his burst... and he needs to regain his burst. He is a gameday decision.

2. Skip Towne. He never had a burst.

3. Bowser. He lost his burst a long time ago and needs to redeem his burst.

4. Phobia. He lost his burst, and no matter how many press passes WPI gives him, I fear his burst is lost forever.

5. Nzoner. He lost his burst somewhere in section 338. If someone finds it, please give it to him at the CP function.

JBucc
09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Personally, I think Kennison is a top 10 WR in THIS leagueThat's a mighty high opinion of him. In no particular order...

1. Chad Johnson
2. TJ Houshmandzadeh
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Marvin Harrison
6. Reggie Wayne
7. T.O.
8. Javon Walker
9. Randy Moss
10. Donte Stallworth
11. Deion Branch
12. Antonio Bryant
13. Plaxico Burress
14. Santana Moss
15. Steve Smith
16. Hines Ward
17. Donald Driver
18. can't think of any more.....care to add anyone?

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Dante Hall, Kendrell Bell, Tony Gonzalez, Michael Bennett and Kawika Mitchell need to step up...

Bennett needs 7 carries and Mitchell has played well, but he needs to show me he's a playmaking MLB THIS week.

Hall needs to set us up with good field position all day and NOT fumble. Bell, who is obviously going to continue to play week in and week out, needs to get to the QB and Gun needs to allow him to blitz, because he's absolute shit in coverage.

Tony Gonzalez needs to stop dropping passes. He does it every year. I'm not saying he drops a TON of passes, because that isn't true...but he had a HUGE drop against Denver that an all-pro TE shouldn't make.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
That's a mighty high opinion of him. In no particular order...

1. Chad Johnson
2. TJ Houshmandzadeh
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Marvin Harrison
6. Reggie Wayne
7. T.O.
8. Javon Walker
9. Randy Moss
10. Donte Stallworth
11. Deion Branch
12. Antonio Bryant
13. Plaxico Burress
14. Santana Moss
15. Steve Smith
16. Hines Ward
17. Donald Driver
18. can't think of any more.....care to add anyone?

I'm not saying he's the most talented guy in the world (although he was a first round pick), but come on.

The guy doesn't drop passes. He's consistently open. He doesn't miss games. He rarely fumbles the ball. He makes a lot of first downs.

He's had two straight 1,000 yard seasons and is very very consistent. He's got great hands and still has good breakaway speed and can be a deep threat.

A lot of guys you listed are really not better than Eddie Kennison. Deion Branch? Donald Driver? Antonio Bryant? Stallworth? Javon Walker? Houshmandzadeh?

Branch - when has he had a 1,000 yard season? Same with Stallworth and Houshmandzadeh.

Walker and Bryant have both had ONE good season. Driver is consistent with Favre, but there is no way he's BETTER than Kennison. He may be in Kennison's class, but he's not better than Kennison.

I mean seriously, there's about 6 WR's in the NFL that are in a class above Kennison (CJ, Moss, Owens, Harrison, S. Smith, Fitgerald)...everyone else has different strengths and belongs in the same tier as Eddie.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:23 PM
and I'm not talking about age, either. I know there's about 40 WR's I'd rather have then Eddie because he's only get another year or two in this league as a productive WR...

Easy 6
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Hootie i cant believe it , i was 3/4 with your first post. Not much EK can do when he doesnt get the ball, top 10? eh... . Turley does not suck, he's just shaking off the rust. Agreed with most of it though.

runnercyclist
09-26-2006, 04:33 PM
5. LB Keyaron Fox

Fox was impressive during the preseason but doesn't have a tackle through two regular-season games. The Chiefs have been stubborn about sticking with Kendrell Bell as the starting weakside linebacker. Fox is the more talented player. If he makes enough plays, the Chiefs will eventually have to replace Bell. The Chiefs will be a better defense with Fox on the field. He's got limited opportunities to prove himself, so he has to take advantage.

[/url]

Fox would need to see the field in order to "step it up"

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Dude, Turley sucks. I don't care what rust he has on him, he's too light and gets pushed around worse than George on Seinfeld.

Easy 6
09-26-2006, 04:43 PM
I do think Bell should be on that list, while he didnt get smoked at dinvr he still isnt all he was cracked up to be. Wish i knew what makes Gun think he's an outside backer because i havent seen him cover ANYONE, Fox is much more athletic IMO. Bell is a MLB IMO, doesnt have a ton of skills but can blow up a runner in the hole with the best. I keep waiting for a moment like the one he had in his rook Pitt camp where he destroyed the Bus one on one.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I think Bell sucks, but I can't hate the guy. He did take a massive pay cut this year when he didn't HAVE to.

In all honesty, Key can't be that good if he's not on the field. You can't tell me Herm would let a guy (Bell) continue to start when he's not at least AS good as his backup. No friggin' way. If it was Vermeil, maybe, but not Herm.

StcChief
09-26-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm trying to figure out their O weapons against Chiefs
without Gore/Davis.....

The D should have a monster day.

Would like to see Bell/Fox rotate.

Page/Pollard as well get some time to improve playing time.

This is a get well game for Chiefs. Confidence builder.

Easy 6
09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I am also one of those guys who would like to believe the coaches know more than i do about a guy, but its just to easy to see that Bell is no good in coverage. You'd think they would atleast get Key in on a situational basis.

buddha
09-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Personally, I think Kennison is a top 10 WR in THIS league, no joke...

You may not be joking, but PLEASE!???? ROFLROFLROFL

What teams would Eddie Kennison be the #1 receiver for outside of KC? He is a middle of the pack receiver who happens to play for a team that hasn't really bothered to address their WR situation in far, far too long.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm not saying he's the most talented guy in the world (although he was a first round pick), but come on.

The guy doesn't drop passes. He's consistently open. He doesn't miss games. He rarely fumbles the ball. He makes a lot of first downs.

He's had two straight 1,000 yard seasons and is very very consistent. He's got great hands and still has good breakaway speed and can be a deep threat.

A lot of guys you listed are really not better than Eddie Kennison. Deion Branch? Donald Driver? Antonio Bryant? Stallworth? Javon Walker? Houshmandzadeh?

Branch - when has he had a 1,000 yard season? Same with Stallworth and Houshmandzadeh.

Walker and Bryant have both had ONE good season. Driver is consistent with Favre, but there is no way he's BETTER than Kennison. He may be in Kennison's class, but he's not better than Kennison.

I mean seriously, there's about 6 WR's in the NFL that are in a class above Kennison (CJ, Moss, Owens, Harrison, S. Smith, Fitgerald)...everyone else has different strengths and belongs in the same tier as Eddie.

Insanity.

I'd take Donald Driver every day of the week over Eddie Kennison.

It took Eddie Kennison about 10 years to put together two good years. Saying that these guys aren't better because they have had one good year is a huge, huge stretch.

Driver has had about 3 very good-great seasons.

Kennison doesn't have great hands either. He was in the top 5 last year in dropped passes. Only Lamont Jordan (12), Burress (11), Muhammad (11) and Stallworth (11) had more.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 05:21 PM
You may not be joking, but PLEASE!???? ROFLROFLROFL

What teams would Eddie Kennison be the #1 receiver for outside of KC? He is a middle of the pack receiver who happens to play for a team that hasn't really bothered to address their WR situation in far, far too long.

Agreed.

Kennison isn't even a top 10 receiver in the AFC.

Ward, CJ, Javon Walker, Randy Moss, Chris Chambers, Coles, Harrison, Wayne, Andre Johnson, Derrick Mason, Rod Smith and Housh are all better.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 05:32 PM
I can't believe you guys underestimate Kennison so much. It's actually quite sad, in my opinion. As Chiefs fans, we should be the ONLY ones to realize how good Kennison actually is, because he doesn't get anything national.

Chambers catches a lot of deep balls, but he's one-dimensional, deep threat only. Wayne = Kennison. Put Eddie in Indy and he's doing the same thing Wayne is. Oh, and, Eddie didn't have a QB to throw him the ball UNTIL he got to KC, and he still had a few good years with the 'Aints. Andre Johnson? He's got talent and potential, but is inconsistent. Derrick Mason? Please. Rod Smith yes, I'd say Rod Smith is slightly better, but at this point, no more productive. Housh? HE HAD A GOOD GAME LAST WEEK, WHOOOPDEEDOO!? Has he EVER had 1,000 yards in a season? No. Coles? COME ON!

Ward, CJ and Moss I cannot argue with.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Oh and, Kennison was #14 in the league in receiving yards last year.

He missed #10 by 44 yards.

So...he almost had as productive of a season as Marvin Harrison (1146 receiving yards), yet the Chiefs were a run first team with a TE that had 900+ receiving yards as well.

You guys are SERIOUSLY underrating Eddie Kennison. It's sick.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Housh 10 more receptions, 150 less yards...

Hootie
09-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Chambers had 4 fumbles last year...

Hootie
09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
In 2004, Kennison missed 3 games due to injury and still finished only 114 receiving yards behind the #10 total in the league.

KEEP ****ING DOUBTING EDDIE KENNISON!

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh and, Kennison was #14 in the league in receiving yards last year.

He missed #10 by 44 yards.

So...he almost had as productive of a season as Marvin Harrison (1146 receiving yards), yet the Chiefs were a run first team with a TE that had 900+ receiving yards as well.

You guys are SERIOUSLY underrating Eddie Kennison. It's sick.

You are seriously overrating him.

Why don't you throw Reggie Wayne and Brandon Stokley's stats into, along with James since you want to paint this pretty picture that Kennison is god.

Mosbonian
Agreed.

Kennison isn't even a top 10 receiver in the AFC.

Ward, CJ, Javon Walker, Randy Moss, Chris Chambers, Coles, Harrison, Wayne, Andre Johnson, Derrick Mason, Rod Smith and Housh are all better.

I agree with you except for Moss.....with this qualifier. Randy Moss when he is motivated to be, is one of the best receivers in the game. But sadly Moss is living off his old credentials, having done nothing for the Raiders.

mmaddog

Deberg_1990
Kyle Turley, Brian Waters, Casey Weigman, Will Shields and Kevin Sampson.

Those are the 5 MOST important players that need to step it up.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
You are seriously overrating him.

Why don't you throw Reggie Wayne and Brandon Stokley's stats into, along with James since you want to paint this pretty picture that Kennison is god.
So, if Kennison and Wayne flip flop teams, you think Wayne's production increases, and Kennison's decreases? Is that what you're saying?

Mosbonian
09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Chambers catches a lot of deep balls, but he's one-dimensional, deep threat only. Wayne = Kennison. Put Eddie in Indy and he's doing the same thing Wayne is. Oh, and, Eddie didn't have a QB to throw him the ball UNTIL he got to KC, and he still had a few good years with the 'Aints. Andre Johnson? He's got talent and potential, but is inconsistent. Derrick Mason? Please. Rod Smith yes, I'd say Rod Smith is slightly better, but at this point, no more productive. Housh? HE HAD A GOOD GAME LAST WEEK, WHOOOPDEEDOO!? Has he EVER had 1,000 yards in a season? No. Coles? COME ON!

Ward, CJ and Moss I cannot argue with.

Chambers and Andre Johnson are only inconsistent because they have been subjected to schizophrenic QB situations. You put AJ or Chambers on the Chiefs (with Trent) or the Colts (with Manning) and both would be putting up monster numbers.

mmaddog

the Talking Can
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
who needs to step up?

Herm Edwards

Hammock Parties
09-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Glad someone here posted this without provocation...LOL

the Talking Can
09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Glad someone here posted this without provocation...LOL

Phobia's pointing a gun at us....next time....

bringbackmarty
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
damon huard needs to complete more than five yard passes.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2006, 06:46 PM
I agree about Kennison. I dont think he is a top 10 WR, but top 20 definately. The thing thats is frustrating about him and keeps him from truly being "elite" is that he makes the sensational catch but drops the routine catches all the time. He has a lack of concentration.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 07:17 PM
So, if Kennison and Wayne flip flop teams, you think Wayne's production increases, and Kennison's decreases? Is that what you're saying?

Absolutely.

Hydrae
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
No matter what you think of Kennison I am looking forward to what we have in Gardner. I have been a little surprised at how little talk there is about him around here with as much as everyone thinks we are weak at WR. Either he steps up and takes over the number 1 spot from Eddie or at least pulls some coverage off of Eddie. Sami can go back to the slot for now.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Samie will still be the starter. Rod will not start a game this year, barring injury.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Absolutely.
Then you don't know what you're talking about.

PastorMikH
09-26-2006, 07:46 PM
At 0-2 with Green out for at least 1 maybe more games, is there ANY player that doesn't need to step up?

HMc
09-26-2006, 07:56 PM
I think Bell sucks, but I can't hate the guy. He did take a massive pay cut this year when he didn't HAVE to.

Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that the options were a) take pay cut or b)get released.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 07:57 PM

Then you have never watched a Colts game outside of when they play the Chiefs.

Reggie Wayne's career averages dwarf Kennison's.

You act like Kennison has produced elite receiver numbers. First you say how he has great hands, then I post a stat that shows he's top 5 in the NFL in drops, so that blows up your theory.

Make a poll on this site asking who would you rather have as the Chiefs #1...Reggie Wayne or Eddie Kennison if age wasn't a factor.

Only true clueless homers would rather have Kennison.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 07:59 PM

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb and guess that the options were a) take pay cut or b)get released.

You're absolutely right.

What were Bell's options? He passed on a roster bonus that he really didn't deserve. If he didn't, Key Fox would be starting and we would probably be better off.

No team was going to pay him the sum of that bonus this year. Bell had basically one option...

Try the open market, and take substancially less to play elsewhere, or stay here, and try to re-establish himself.

Mosbonian
09-26-2006, 08:45 PM

Great to see your ego hasn't diminished.....someone disagrees with you and suddenly they know nothing.

mmaddog

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Great to see your ego hasn't diminished.....someone disagrees with you and suddenly they know nothing.

mmaddog

Genius claimed that Eddie Kennison never dropped passes. I guess he has a different set of standards.

I studied a lot more film on Wayne and Kennison than hootie and the blowfish.

I'm still getting over laughing about his top 10 in the NFL claim.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Genius claimed that Eddie Kennison never dropped passes. I guess he has a different set of standards.

I studied a lot more film on Wayne and Kennison than hootie and the blowfish.

I'm still getting over laughing about his top 10 in the NFL claim.

I posted stats to prove he's top 10 worthy...

The last two years he's put up top 10 numbers.

I think he has good hands. If he was indeed in the top 10 in drops, I must not have noticed. I see Terrell Owens drop WAY more passes than Eddie Kennison.

Reggie Wayne is a good WR. He's young, but if Eddie Kennison was in Indianapolis, he'd put up the same friggin' numbers as Reggie Wayne.

Eddie Kennison has had ONE good situation in his career, here in KC, and he's made himself a premier WR, to think otherwise is simply dumb.

Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Hines Ward
Larry Fitzgerald

Those are the elite WR's in the NFL. Then there's a big second tier with about 15-20 WR's in it and Eddie Kennison definitely fits in somewhere inside of it. Where you rank him after the 7 I listed is strictly opinion, and I just so happen to think he's the 10th best WR in the NFL.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I understand that Bell had two options, but he was a man about it, and took a big paycut and has tried to work himself back to the elite player he once was. Will he ever get there? Probably not, but it's hard to hate a guy that's trying.

It's typical Chiefs fan mentality to assume his backup is a better solution, but the truth is, we have no idea, because we've never seen him in a meaningful game. If Herm thought Key was a better solution for our defense, Key would be in the game...

Hammock Parties
09-26-2006, 09:20 PM
One thing I have noticed about Bell is that he doesn't look fat anymore. Last year he was out of shape. This year he looks toned, especially in the legs.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I posted stats to prove he's top 10 worthy...

The last two years he's put up top 10 numbers.

I think he has good hands. If he was indeed in the top 10 in drops, I must not have noticed. I see Terrell Owens drop WAY more passes than Eddie Kennison.

Reggie Wayne is a good WR. He's young, but if Eddie Kennison was in Indianapolis, he'd put up the same friggin' numbers as Reggie Wayne.

Eddie Kennison has had ONE good situation in his career, here in KC, and he's made himself a premier WR, to think otherwise is simply dumb.

Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Randy Moss
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Hines Ward
Larry Fitzgerald

Those are the elite WR's in the NFL. Then there's a big second tier with about 15-20 WR's in it and Eddie Kennison definitely fits in somewhere inside of it. Where you rank him after the 7 I listed is strictly opinion, and I just so happen to think he's the 10th best WR in the NFL.
And I just so happen to think that's insane. Premier WR? Stop it, I'm ready to piss my pants in laughter.

Oh, so now we're taking situations into account? Like freaking Anquan Boldin has had a rosey situation in Arizona? How bout Andre Johnson with Dave Carr and an awful offensive line.

Eddie Kennison made his own bed in his career with the situations he was in. I like Eddie, I think he's a top 25 receiver in the NFL. To think he's a top 10 when he doesn't score a considerable amount of touchdowns, nor does he pull in 75-80 passes consistently is a freaking joke.

Torry Holt isn't a top WR? Anquan Boldin isn't either?

By your logic, Rod Smith should be a top 10 receiver as well because he posted great numbers the last two seasons as well. Actually better than Kennisons. Derrick Mason also had similar numbers and has been far more consistent than Eddie in his career.

So by that logic - with Harrison, Moss, Owens, CJ, Smith, Ward, Holt, Fitz, Boldin and Smith..how does Kennison fit in with that bunch? I'm not even including Wayne, Driver, Andre Johnson in this mix yet.

Do you really think that Kennison is better than Mason, Rod Smith, Holt or Boldin to get into your top 10?

Hootie
09-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Dude, you're really pushing it here. I simply said I thought Eddie Kennison was a top 10 WR in the league. I listed off 7 guys that I thought were elite. Holt, yeah, he fits into that group. Boldin, sure.

Driver isn't better than Kennison. As good? Maybe. Andre Johnson is inconsistent. I don't think he's any better than Eddie Kennison. I've already said my piece on Wayne.

I'm sure you're also the Chiefs fan that is calling for Croyle.

You obviously think Kennison is no better than a #2 WR. I disagree. I think he's very underrated. His numbers the past two years, even the last three years, prove this.

Spin it any way you want, maybe he's the 16th best WR in the NFL...like I said, there's 7, 8 maybe 9 "elite" WR's in the NFL, then there's a big ol' 2nd tier. Kennison definitely fits in that 2nd tier, and like I said before, whether or not you rate him higher or lower in that tier is your opinion. I happen to think his consistency and the fact he is ALWAYS open and ALWAYS makes first downs put him in the upper half of that 2nd tier.

I saw Reggie Wayne drop 3 passes against Jacksonville. If Kennison was on a team that focuses solely on the passing game, he would have very similar stats to Reggie Wayne. I don't know how you're arguing this.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 09:44 PM
oh and, why would Eddie score TD's? We've had friggin' Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes taking care of the past 5 years.

Let's see, Priest had 27 one year, the next year the RB's combined for like 32, and last year over 30 again. There are only so many TD's to go around.

Eddie averaged over 16 yards per reception, not many other guys did that.

Seriously though, I understand you're going to keep "pissing yourself from laughter", but that's the only mentality most Chiefs fans have. Kennison is a leader on the field, makes plays, and has been very consistent in Kansas City, and IS a premier WR in the NFL.

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 09:46 PM
One thing I have noticed about Bell is that he doesn't look fat anymore. Last year he was out of shape. This year he looks toned, especially in the ass.

:hmmm:

Hammock Parties
09-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Quote-editing is lame, Halfcan.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Halfcan lacks anything remotely close to a personality.

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 10:12 PM

I know-but you just leave it out there-sorry. Sometimes I think you do it on purpose-and I havn't figured out why. :hmmm:

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 10:12 PM
oh and, why would Eddie score TD's? We've had friggin' Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes taking care of the past 5 years.

Let's see, Priest had 27 one year, the next year the RB's combined for like 32, and last year over 30 again. There are only so many TD's to go around.

Eddie averaged over 16 yards per reception, not many other guys did that.

Seriously though, I understand you're going to keep "pissing yourself from laughter", but that's the only mentality most Chiefs fans have. Kennison is a leader on the field, makes plays, and has been very consistent in Kansas City, and IS a premier WR in the NFL.
Leader on the field?

Wow.

Your arms much be so sore from reaching so much.

I'll agree to disagree with you. You can't be a premier receiver in the NFL and not place in the top 10.

Your standards suck.

I'm also sick of your snotty, "that's the mentallity most Chiefs fans have" canned response. I've forgotten more about the NFL than you will ever know. I've studied hours upon hours of tape. I've researched stats as part of my job. My mentality is one formed from studying the game.

You're a homer with your nose in the air.

Keep thinking that Kennison is a top 10 receiver, I'll continue laughing at your stupidity.

The Bad Guy
09-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Dude, you're really pushing it here. I simply said I thought Eddie Kennison was a top 10 WR in the league. I listed off 7 guys that I thought were elite. Holt, yeah, he fits into that group. Boldin, sure.

Driver isn't better than Kennison. As good? Maybe. Andre Johnson is inconsistent. I don't think he's any better than Eddie Kennison. I've already said my piece on Wayne.

I'm sure you're also the Chiefs fan that is calling for Croyle.

I saw Reggie Wayne drop 3 passes against Jacksonville. If Kennison was on a team that focuses solely on the passing game, he would have very similar stats to Reggie Wayne. I don't know how you're arguing this.
The Colts focus solely on the passing game? How did Edgerrin James rack up 1548 yards then in 2004 when Wayne had 1,200 yards and 12 TDs?

Driver is better than Kennison. If Andre Johnson had the same Chiefs line that Kennison has had the pleasure of playing with, he'd be far more consistent. It's pretty easy to get open when your QB has an eternity to throw the ball.

Nope, I'm not calling for Croyle. Nice try though.

Driver's caught an average of 85 passes for 1200 yards and 7 TDs over the last two years...

Those numbers aren't better than Kennison?

Another laugh.

CosmicPal
09-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be an ass, but I think we need more than just FIVE guys to step it up. Not only this week, but for the rest of the season.

Good teams find a way to win despite set-backs, but great teams know how to overcome them.

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=ArrowheadHawk]

This is actually a GREAT list. LJ has not looked good at all. He seems timid-oh yeah and FUMBLING another game away.

4. HB Larry Johnson

Johnson led the NFL in yards from scrimmage after two games, but he's still searching for his first touchdown. With Green out, Johnson is Kansas City's best offensive weapon. He's facing a porous 49ers defense this week. Johnson needs to carry the load this week and show the talent that got him into the endzone 21 times a year ago. Above all else, Johnson needs to avoid fumbling like he did last week against Denver in the red zone.

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 04:25 AM
#1 Will Shields
#2 Casey Wiegmann
#3 Brian Waters
----------------------
These guys need to create the holes we saw last year.
----------------------
#4 Patrick Surtain
#5 Sammy Knight
#6 Greg Wesley
----------------------
Weak links.
----------------------
#7 Kendrell Bell
#8 Ron Edwards
#9 James Reed
#10 Kyle Turley
#11 Samie Parker
----------------------
Expected less/nothing out of these guys, but all need to step up and play above those expectations.

greg63
09-27-2006, 06:20 AM
Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be an ass, but I think we need more than just FIVE guys to step it up. Not only this week, but for the rest of the season.

Good teams find a way to win despite set-backs, but great teams know how to overcome them.

Agreed!

htismaqe
09-27-2006, 07:38 AM
#1 Will Shields
#2 Casey Wiegmann
#3 Brian Waters
----------------------
----------------------
#4 Patrick Surtain
#5 Sammy Knight
#6 Greg Wesley
----------------------
Weak links.
----------------------
#7 Kendrell Bell
#8 Ron Edwards
#9 James Reed
#10 Kyle Turley
#11 Samie Parker
----------------------
Expected less/nothing out of these guys, but all need to step up and play above those expectations.

James Reed? Gimme a fuggin' break. We may still need to improve at the position, but he's played very well and he's FAR exceeded expectations.

Brock
09-27-2006, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=lj4mvp
#4 Patrick Surtain

Weak links.
[/QUOTE]

Nothing personal, but that's pretty stupid.

tiptap
09-27-2006, 11:10 AM
#1 Will Shields
#2 Casey Wiegmann
#3 Brian Waters
----------------------
----------------------
#4 Patrick Surtain
#5 Sammy Knight
#6 Greg Wesley
----------------------
Weak links.
----------------------
#7 Kendrell Bell
#8 Ron Edwards
#9 James Reed
#10 Kyle Turley
#11 Samie Parker
----------------------

I liked Wiegmann. He met the needs of a team with two good defensive tackles. The two all pros on either side of him made up made for a devastating offensive line when we had great and good OT. But Wiegmann is not the center you want in a line determined to run behind the guards. The fact that our guards have to think about the Tackle play means the interior of the line is more man on man. And going up against big NT on your own in the running game is quite a task. It would be ok if the line was quasi effective in protecting the pocket for the passing game but with an undersized LT the running game is going to suffer as compared to last year. I don't mean to say we are toast but we are going to have to find a lot on offense to go 8-8.

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Nothing personal, but that's pretty stupid.

Study the games. Break them down. I'll send you the tape if you like.

Surtain needs to step up as much as anybody.

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 12:22 PM
James Reed? Gimme a fuggin' break. We may still need to improve at the position, but he's played very well and he's FAR exceeded expectations.

And it's still not nearly good enough.

He needs to step it up or we need a replacement. Getting absolutely nothing from your interior pass-rush is a defense killer.

Brock
09-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Study the games. Break them down. I'll send you the tape if you like.

Surtain needs to step up as much as anybody.

I prefer the term "game film", if you're going to pretend to be some kind of football expert that the rest of us aren't.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2006, 12:35 PM
What has Surtain done that's so bad, other than dropping an interception?

Fish
09-27-2006, 12:42 PM
And it's still not nearly good enough.

He needs to step it up or we need a replacement. Getting absolutely nothing from your interior pass-rush is a defense killer.

He's provided better pass-rush pressure than anyone we've seen for years.... and we got him for next to nothing.

What replacements are we gonna find now?

Bob Dole
09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Halfcan lacks anything remotely close to a personality.

You expect an inanimate object to have a personality?

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
He's provided better pass-rush pressure than anyone we've seen for years.... and we got him for next to nothing.

What replacements are we gonna find now?

No one.

Which is why he needs to step up.

Again, comparing him to dogshit from 5 years ago just doesn't do anything for me. Yes, he's the best i've seen in a Chiefs uniform for years -- still, it's not good enough.

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
I prefer the term "game film", if you're going to pretend to be some kind of football expert that the rest of us aren't.

No pretending here. I watched both games and i've studied the first 3 quarters of the Bengals game watching each play at least once.

Pick a play at random and i'll share my thoughts on it; they're all documented (with video, if needbe).

Just very interested in our team, and I know -- from watching -- that Surtain needs to step it up.

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 01:13 PM
What has Surtain done that's so bad, other than dropping an interception?

Not necessarily "so bad", just not "so good". Not good enough, at least.

Giving up plays, giving a very lackluster effort, missing tackles and dropping INTs. I'll give you an example of each and every one if you like.

Again, he hasn't been terrible. I just happen to expect a lot more from a $50m corner. (And, yes, some of it comes down to a lack of pass-rush - hense why I don't like that, either.)

Hootie
09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
No pretending here. I watched both games and i've studied the first 3 quarters of the Bengals game watching each play at least once.

Pick a play at random and i'll share my thoughts on it; they're all documented (with video, if needbe).

Just very interested in our team, and I know -- from watching -- that Surtain needs to step it up.
Christ dude, shut up.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Giving up plays, giving a very lackluster effort, missing tackles and dropping INTs. I'll give you an example of each and every one if you like.

Enlighten me. I haven't seen any of that. He did drop ONE interception. The other one was out of bounds.

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCHNGsDsK84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OJo-sgZkTs

Just a couple. Surtain getting easily beat on a simple inside slant pattern and then with very soft coverage on a #4 receiver. And then he barely makes the tackle.

Again, mainly for the dipshits like Hootie, step up does not mean anything more than improve. Surtain isn't dogshit; he's just underperforming. He's better than the level i've seen from him so far. He was last year, for example.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
That's not much. Every corner is going to give up a play or two.

Fish
09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCHNGsDsK84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OJo-sgZkTs

Just a couple. Surtain getting easily beat on a simple inside slant pattern and then with very soft coverage on a #4 receiver. And then he barely makes the tackle.

Again, mainly for the dipshits like Hootie, step up does not mean anything more than improve. Surtain isn't dogshit; he's just underperforming. He's better than the level i've seen from him so far. He was last year, for example.

Both of those examples are pretty bad. The first one wasn't even Surtain's fault. DJ dropped back into coverage, and was slightly out of position to stop the ball.

And each one was a quick 2-step drop, which you can't prevent all the time. They gave up 8 yds or less... big deal...

Your expectations may be a little too high.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Both of those examples are pretty bad. The first one wasn't even Surtain's fault. DJ dropped back into coverage, and was slightly out of position to stop the ball.

And each one was a quick 2-step drop, which you can't prevent all the time. They gave up 8 yds or less... big deal...

Your expectations may be a little too high.
Leave him alone...he's seen every play from the Bengals game at least once. Well, every play for the first three quarters. Just ask him. What happened play 18?! COME ON! PLAY 18!!

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
The first one wasn't even Surtain's fault. DJ dropped back into coverage, and was slightly out of position to stop the ball.

It's Surtain's man/zone, and he gave up the play. Again.

$50 mil says you don't whiff like that.

Expectations high? Probably not as low as some folk around here who will settle for shit, but I don't expect $50 mil to deliver next to nothing.

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Leave him alone...he's seen every play from the Bengals game at least once. Well, every play for the first three quarters.

Nope. Every play at least once.

Read again. You may figure out why. But given that it's you, maybe not.

JBucc
09-27-2006, 03:19 PM
6. Jordan Black :deevee:

CupidStunt
09-27-2006, 03:33 PM
6. Jordan Black :deevee:

Easily #1 if the bs about him playing left tackle materializes.

The f'in Niners will destroy us if he's at left tackle. :eek:

Mosbonian
09-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Christ dude, shut up.

Odd....someone who exudes the kind of confidence that he knows everything about football...sounds and acts like you do on here, and yet you tell him to "shut up"?

What? Not enough room for another large ego here?

mmaddog

greg63
09-28-2006, 10:15 AM
I would say that untill we win one that at least 22 chiefs need to step up; more if you wanna count coaches and back-ups.