PDA

View Full Version : Another FFL Question

old_geezer
09-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I really don't know what to do. Marc Bulger is my starter at QB. Trent Green is my backup at this point in time.

The quandry: Another owner must have really freaked out at last night's game as Michael Vick is on the waiver wire this morning.

The question: Do I keep Green hoping he'll be back in a couple more weeks, or do I grab Vick off of the waiver wire? His last game was pathetic, but his point total is still one of the highest for QB's in my league. The other factor is that I have the #1 waiver claim since I drafted last in the league. Do I use it on Vick or wait to use it latter. My RB situation is pretty good, but I could use another quality WR if one pops up.

L.A. Chieffan
09-26-2006, 04:19 PM
vick is an overrated fantasy qb, big time. Unless your league rewards rushing TDs and yards by qbs differently than passing i wouldnt even consider picking up Vick. You should probably cut the cord on Green though, i did and picked up Farve (INTs dont count in my league) and Im good now

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:24 PM
depends on the scoring of the league. If you get a point for every 10 rushing yards then yes, pick up Vick.

I don't know why the **** Vick would be dropped...he has 230 rushing yards in 3 games and he's a QB.

But you all make these friggin' threads and we have no idea what type of league this is, how the scoring works, ETC...

wutamess
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Vick gets rushing and scoring yards.
Green gets no yards and even when he does come back we're going to face tough defenses and play in low scoring ball control games.

I'd get Vick.

old_geezer
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
OK; Passing yards - 50 yards per point
Rushing yards - 20 yards per point
TD's - 6 (passing or rushin)

In this league for instance, Vick has 37 pts. after three weeks; Bulger has 21; Brees has 23; Kitna has 28; and Grossman has 45 (that surprised me). Carson Palmer has 36 and Peyton Manning has 52 just for quick reference.

Hootie
09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Well Vick should get anywhere between 11-18 per week, so yes, I'd pick him up.

You'd have to think, most weeks, he'd hit 40 yards rushing, 150 yards passing and 1 TD.

JBucc
09-26-2006, 04:41 PM
go for Vick