PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens hospitalized

Pages : [1] 2

tk13
09-26-2006, 10:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060927/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_cowboys_owens_hospitalized_3

Report: T.O. taken to emergency room
4 minutes ago

DALLAS - Terrell Owens was taken to the emergency room for an undisclosed reason Tuesday night, and doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting, according to a television report.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to Baylor Medical Center, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name.

KTVT said a Dallas police spokesperson was en route to the hospital to talk about a "high profile case."

Owens broke the bone leading to his right ring finger a week ago Sunday night. The next day, a plate was screwed in, protecting the bone so it can heal without further damage.

Earlier Tuesday, Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said he expects Owens to rejoin his teammates at practice Wednesday and would start Sunday in Tennessee if he proves he can play.

"It's just, can he withstand the pain of catching the ball?" Parcells said. "When he can stand it, he can play."

With the Cowboys having had a bye last weekend, Owens could return without having missed a game. He's already said he'll play Oct. 8, when he gets to face his former team, the Eagles, in Philadelphia.

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 10:40 PM
TOdor=Bust!

CosmicPal
09-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Good lord, did T.O. get another boo boo?

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Good lord, did T.O. get another boo boo?

Sounds like he swallowed too much of Drew's spew and got a tummy ache.

Archie F. Swin
09-26-2006, 10:44 PM
well...no point in watching sportscenter for the next two days

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 10:44 PM
What a drama queen-what is he going to do next-start pulling fire alarms to get attention??

CosmicPal
09-26-2006, 10:45 PM

:clap:

Deberg_1990
09-26-2006, 10:46 PM

:)

TinyEvel
09-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Interesting. I'm in Dallas right now. Let me turn on the news.
Do they have one at midnight?

09-26-2006, 10:50 PM
What a drama queen-what is he going to do next-start pulling fire alarms to get attention??
Who says he didn't already?

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 10:53 PM

Nope Dallas shuts down at 10:00 except for the Hookers and the TO circus.

Bugeater
09-26-2006, 10:54 PM
You should head over to Baylor Medical Center in a Doctor's coat and see if you can trick ESPN into interviewing you.

Stinger
09-26-2006, 10:55 PM
John Clayton is on
Saying second bad reaction to medication in the last week.

Said you could see swelling on his hands.

Speculates change in medication made him sick.

Fortunate he was able to go to hospital very quick
on the cowboys message board

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1053508&postcount=138

Halfcan
09-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Maybe TO should drink a cup of antifreeze with his medication next time.

Miles
09-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Video from local CBS news.

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?cid=7

Deberg_1990
09-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Next on ESPN:

TO takes a shit.

Brother, this guy cant blink his eyes without 3 reporters in his face.

Rausch
09-26-2006, 11:00 PM
HGH...

boogblaster
09-26-2006, 11:11 PM
probaby lost his ego have to pup some human blood in him...

TinyEvel
09-26-2006, 11:11 PM
You should head over to Baylor Medical Center in a Doctor's coat and see if you can trick ESPN into interviewing you.

Good idea!

I just got back. didn't get any interviews, but I was able to sneak into the X-ray lab outside his room and confiscated this:

Mecca
09-27-2006, 05:12 AM
What a nice thread, guy is hospitalized and it's a bunch of posts making fun of the guy and wanting him to drink antifreeze..........pure class here on the planet.

the Talking Can
09-27-2006, 05:16 AM
What a nice thread, guy is hospitalized and it's a bunch of posts making fun of the guy and wanting him to drink antifreeze..........pure class here on the planet.

i hope you stub your toe...

Bearcat
09-27-2006, 06:57 AM

It's all in the delivery... had the tread starter included some sarcastic remark about antifreeze, the first 10 posts would have talked about how serious the situation was.

TinyEvel
09-27-2006, 07:02 AM
It was due to an allergic reaction to his pain killers.

the local news is "updating" the story every ten minutes with the exact same sentence.

I love the "we got to (name) who's live on the scene"...

One reporter is outside the hospital, where nobody else is around.

The next guy is outside TO's (empty and dark) house.

The next guy is at the Dallas Stadium (sprinklers on ,crickets)

I think "the scene" should be a place where something's actually happening. Otherwise they're wasting gas driving out there.

KCinNY
09-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Fox news reporting "attempted suicide."

bkkcoh
09-27-2006, 07:24 AM
It was reported on the radio station in Columbus Ohio that TO had attempted suicide and that was why he was in the hospital.

It was reported on ESPN news that they attempted to pump TO's stomach, if you had an allergic reaction to pain medication, would that be a course of action? I am not sure. but discuss.....

old_geezer
09-27-2006, 07:27 AM
My question would be "What the frack is he doing on painkillers this long after his surgery?"

I'm a 60 year old man who just underwent hernia surgery (fairly major repair - the scar is about 6" long). I poped a couple of pills the day I got home (same day) and a couple the next day. The rest of the bottle is sitting on the kitchen table unused. My belief is don't take that crap if you don't really need it. I'm not Superman - just think painkillers are way overused.

Brock
09-27-2006, 07:31 AM
The Dallas police say it was a suicide attempt.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060927_wz_owens.1fd220c5.html

Braincase
09-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Munchausen's. The man cannot deal with not getting attention. He sees how much attention Trent is getting and then Chris Simms... he feels like he's missing out, so he tries to OD to get attention. This cat needs some serious therapy.

Wiki Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome)

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 07:37 AM
The Dallas police say it was a suicide attempt.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060927_wz_owens.1fd220c5.html

What a douche

Iowanian
09-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Who knows.

I know That I've had reactions to pain meds, and basically can't take them. I'm not a doctor, so I can't very well guess what he was on, what the reaction could be or the treatment. I know alot of reactions are dealt with, with an epi injection.

If its a suicide attempt, there isn't anything funny about it. He's obviously got some serious issues to deal with.

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 07:40 AM
If its a suicide attempt, there isn't anything funny about it. He's obviously got some serious issues to deal with.

Well, it would be unfortunate, for sure. It would be unfortunate in the fact that it didn't work...........

bkkcoh
09-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Just mentioned on the radio that he took the rest of the prescription of pain pills and he was trying to harm himself....

He needs help.

ILikeBigTiddys
09-27-2006, 07:41 AM
according to a police report obtained by Dallas TV station WFAA.

On cnn.com's breaking news ticker right now.

nm

Dirka Dirka

Iowanian
09-27-2006, 07:42 AM
I don't really care if he has been a drama queen and a dickhead on the field. I don't see the humor in the guy trying to off himself.

It might be different if it comes out that he only took the purple Dinos while some teacher took the Freds.

Brock
09-27-2006, 07:42 AM
No shit?

Bob Dole
09-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Someone just told Bob Dole that CNN breaking news said that it was a suicide attempt.

Dartgod
09-27-2006, 07:43 AM
WOW! Quick! Someone start another thread!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!1111111ONEONE

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 07:44 AM
I don't really care if he has been a drama queen and a dickhead on the field. I don't see the humor in the guy trying to off himself.

It might be different if it comes out that he only took the purple Dinos while some teacher took the Freds.

I see it as his debt to the sports world for being a douche of biblical proportion. A cleansing of his sins, if you will......

Brock
09-27-2006, 07:44 AM
There were people a couple of years ago that were predicting this very thing. The guy is mental.

bkkcoh
09-27-2006, 07:45 AM

I would agree with that statement 100%

Skip Towne
09-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Repost

Hootie
09-27-2006, 07:50 AM
What a douche
what a tasteless post.

ChiefsKing

It just might be a little funny. All I'm saying is maybe a little tiny bit.

Hootie
Well, it would be unfortunate, for sure. It would be unfortunate in the fact that it didn't work...........
man you need to go **** yourself

Eleazar
09-27-2006, 07:51 AM
Yeah... like him or not, I don't think that a guy trying to off himself is very funny.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 07:51 AM
This guy knows how to keep ESPN in bidness, eh?

Hootie
09-27-2006, 07:53 AM
anybody who takes light of this situation is a pure dumbass.

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 07:53 AM
man you need to go **** yourself

ROFL

That's it, princess, let it all out.

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 07:54 AM

ok, I just gotta ask, why should I care?

Hootie
09-27-2006, 07:55 AM
ROFL

That's it, princess, let it all out.
I say some ****ed up shit on this board, but even I find it sick someone would mock a person that has such serious personal issues.

Brock
09-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Shut the **** up, drama queen.

ChiefsKing
09-27-2006, 07:57 AM
people that want to die kill themselves, people that want attention attempt it and fail every time.
There would be nothing funny IF he would have died, but nobody died, just some attention whore getting what he wants. He probably did it so Drew would throw him the ball more, and that is funny, maybe not laugh out loud funny, but still funny.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 07:58 AM
ok, I just gotta ask, why should I care?
you don't have to care.

But sports are entertainment. T.O. might say some stupid shit, and he might be arrogant and maybe even stupid, but this is SERIOUS.

I'm sure you're trying to be funny, and I'm a pretty good judge of what's funny and what isn't funny, and I'll assure you that making fun of a guy who tried to kill himself isn't funny.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:00 AM
people that want to die kill themselves, people that want attention attempt it and fail every time.
There would be nothing funny IF he would have died, but nobody died, just some attention whore getting what he wants. He probably did it so Drew would throw him the ball more, and that is funny, maybe not laugh out loud funny, but still funny.
this is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life.

People that attempt suicide and fail often aren't crying for attention, they're crying for help. Owens obviously needs help, and to be quite honest, and I know T.O. is a big time sports persona, but it's kind of sick that it's all over the news. I felt bad even hearing about the situation.

boogblaster
09-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Just reported on CNN TO attempted sewer-side took 5 pain pills...next time stick a 45 in your mouth YSFN.....

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Shut the **** up, drama queen.
here we go again...

Seriously dude, the Olive Garden dinner for two is still on the table. You just let me know when you're up for some never-ending pasta...

Kylo Ren
DALLAS -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal) receiver Terrell Owens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3664) attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived, The Associated Press reported Wednesday citing a police report.A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told rescue workers "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.The rescue worker "noticed that [his] prescription pain medication was empty and observed [Owens] putting two pills in his mouth,'' the police report said.The worker attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. The worker then asked Owens "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time [he] stated, 'Yes.'"Owens was taken to the emergency room Tuesday night. A source close to Owens had told ESPN's Ed Werder early Wednesday morning that Owens was suffering an adverse reaction to painkillers taken for treatment of his fractured hand."This is not serious," Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said in Wednesday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.A report earlier Tuesday stated that Owens would practice with the team Wednesday and possibly play Sunday at Tennessee, but his availability this week and beyond is now uncertain.Doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal) receiver were trying to induce vomiting when he arrived at Baylor Medical Center, according to a television report.Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to the hospital, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name; however, federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.Owens fractured the fourth metacarpal bone in the Cowboys' victory over the Washington Redskins and underwent surgery on Sept. 18. The next day, a plate was screwed in, protecting the bone so it can heal without further damage.Cowboys coach Bill Parcells mentioned in a press conference shortly thereafter that pain medication had made Owens ill, apparently making this the second time he has had an adverse reaction. The incident that sent him to the hospital Tuesday night apparently occurred sometime after Owens took medication after catching passes at the Cowboys' facility on Tuesday. On Tuesday, the Cowboys also practiced without tight end Jason Witten, whose wife was having a baby. Wide receiver Terry Glenn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3515) practiced, albeit with several stitches in his thumb."He was trying to cut some tape off his uniform," Parcells said. "He had his hand down in his pants and he missed. Fortunately he cut his hand."With the Cowboys having had a bye last weekend, Owens could return without having missed a game. Before Tuesday's late developments, Owens said he would play Oct. 8, when he gets to face his former team, the Eagles, in Philadelphia.

ChiefsOne

Why? This dumbass takes light of everything else in the world. He is smart enough to know this is a very selfish thing to do. Selfish he is trying to kill himself or selfish if it is another media stunt. You can only cry wolf so many times before people call your bluff.

I don't believe it any way, the first thing I heard was that it was an allergic reaction. He has been released, so it probably is not a suicide attempt. If it was a suicide attempt he is a dumbass.

Hootie
Just reported on CNN TO attempted sewer-side took 5 pain pills...next time stick a 45 in your mouth YSFN.....
nice acronym, you ****ing tool.

Hound333
09-27-2006, 08:03 AM
I am surprised it didn't happen sooner. The fact that most of America dislikes you had to have an effect sooner or later. No matter how strong you are.

DMAC
09-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Maybe if he wasn't a moron to everyone around him then he would have "friends" and would'nt be depressed.

Marcellus
09-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I for one am glad he survived because the only thing that would have gotten more coverage than his attemped suicide would be if he had been succesful. I don't know if I will be able to handle this 24/7coverage all week.

And I am not trying to be funny, I am being serious.

banyon
09-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I am surprised it didn't happen sooner. The fact that most of America dislikes you had to have an effect sooner or later. No matter how strong you are.

Does that mean that W's gonna try to off himself too?

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 08:06 AM
you don't have to care.

But sports are entertainment. T.O. might say some stupid shit, and he might be arrogant and maybe even stupid, but this is SERIOUS.

I'm sure you're trying to be funny, and I'm a pretty good judge of what's funny and what isn't funny, and I'll assure you that making fun of a guy who tried to kill himself isn't funny.

I don't have to try to be funny. I'm naturally funny.

Now, on to the topic at hand. You seem a bit stressed out. Problems at work, home, sex life? I suggest staying away from hard alcohol, pills and message boards while you get your life in order.

Your welcome and there's no charge.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 08:06 AM
It's a shame the Chiefs didn't pick him up

ChiefsKing
09-27-2006, 08:08 AM
this is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life.

People that attempt suicide and fail often aren't crying for attention, they're crying for help. Owens obviously needs help, and to be quite honest, and I know T.O. is a big time sports persona, but it's kind of sick that it's all over the news. I felt bad even hearing about the situation.

Take a prozac and get over it. If it still depresses you then get some serious professional help. Don't take life so seriously. I am not trying to be a jerk, but this is some big mouth primadona that is all upset over his coach being mad at him and the QB not giving him the damn ball, and thats it. It is not like he died, he just wanted attention, and everyone is giving it to him. Make no mistake, this is all what he and his agent wanted, they probably came up with the idea together.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:08 AM
I don't have to try to be funny. I'm naturally funny.

Now, on to the topic at hand. You seem a bit stressed out. Problems at work, home, sex life? I suggest staying away from hard alcohol, pills and message boards while you get your life in order.

Your welcome and there's no charge.
See...

You're trying to be funny again. You just don't have it though. You're not witty. It's a tough reality, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Hang in there, big guy.

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 08:10 AM
See...

You're trying to be funny again. You just don't have it though. You're not witty. It's a tough reality, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Hang in there, big guy.

Silly little man.

There's no trying to it. I told you - I'm Naturally Funny. Someone's a bit slow today.

Otter
09-27-2006, 08:11 AM
If one really wanted to kill themself why wouldn't you just say you're going to bed early then take the sleeping pills so no one could find you till it's too late or just suck on a gun barrel?

This is a cry for attention/media stunt by the John Karr of the NFL.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Take a prozac and get over it. If it still depresses you then get some serious professional help. Don't take life so seriously. I am not trying to be a jerk, but this is some big mouth primadona that is all upset over his coach being mad at him and the QB not giving him the damn ball, and thats it. It is not like he died, he just wanted attention, and everyone is giving it to him. Make no mistake, this is all what he and his agent wanted, they probably came up with the idea together.
Dude, you're ****ing stupid.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with football. The guy needs help, he's a friggin' human being for god's sake. It's sad to see that the media drove someone to attempting suicide. Fragile minded people can only take so much.

This has nothing to do with me. Personally, I could careless what you dumbasses have to say about me. I just find it sick that, even after this cry for help, people are still bashing this guy. He's sick in the head, it's time for everyone to lay off.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Silly little man.

There's no trying to it. I told you - I'm Naturally Funny. Someone's a bit slow today.
My bad. I usually don't classify cliche wannabe's as funny. Anyone could've made this very mistake...

stevieray
09-27-2006, 08:13 AM
I have a hard time feeling empathy for TO...a lot of people deal with alot more with alot less to work with.

Only an extremly selfish person would do this, especially with the resources available to him.

Brock
09-27-2006, 08:14 AM
It's sad to see that the media drove someone to attempting suicide. Fragile minded people can only take so much.

LMAO

dj56dt58
09-27-2006, 08:15 AM
5?? try 35

ChiTown
If one really wanted to kill themself why wouldn't you just say you're going to bed early then take the sleeping pills so no one could find you till it's too late or just suck on a gun barrel?

Bing-0

:clap:

Hound333
Does that mean that W's gonna try to off himself too?

I doubt it. Way more people hate TO than W.(which tells you how much we hate TO) He was at least elected twice.

rad
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9689202

I call :BS:

TN_Chief
Maybe if he wasn't a moron to everyone around him then he would have "friends" and would'nt be depressed.****in' A bubba. TO has taken a flamethrower to every "bridge" he ever saw. Eventually, sympathy for such a person runs out...as mine did for TO long ago.

I can't wait to see how the TO posse trys to spin this over the next week or so. That should be amusing.

I wonder what Parcells is thinking this morning. Probably something along the lines of "I can't believe that asshat Jerry stuck me with this fool".

ChiefsKing
a primadona trying to kill himself with 5 pills, and when it comes out that his agent had called the media to cover it.

hawkchief
Dude, you're ****ing stupid.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with football. The guy needs help, he's a friggin' human being for god's sake. It's sad to see that the media drove someone to attempting suicide. Fragile minded people can only take so much.

This has nothing to do with me. Personally, I could careless what you dumbasses have to say about me. I just find it sick that, even after this cry for help, people are still bashing this guy. He's sick in the head, it's time for everyone to lay off.

The media didn't drive this tool to this - he did it to himself and he is getting his just desserts. I, for one wish he would take his act somewhere else so I don't have to see his mug on TV all the time.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:16 AM

a media stunt? Terrell could stand on one leg for 20 minutes and it would be the top story on SportsCenter. He doesn't have to "attempt suicide" to get media coverage.

Do people really consider this a media stunt?

Common sense? Anyone? Anyone?

stevieray
09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
. It's sad to see that the media drove someone to attempting suicide. Fragile minded people can only take so much.

ding ding ding !

it's always someone elses fault.

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
dudes got problems no doubt about it. but cmon, the issue of suicide is extremely serious, but you cant take anything seriously when it comes to TO. Weve all had ex Girlfriends and such (at least I have) that claim theyre depressed and hate their life and want to kill themselves, but its all a cry for attention, trust me.

If he really REALLY, intended to commit suicide taking painkillers is probably the WORST way to do it. Just get a gun and Cobain it, pussy

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 08:18 AM
My bad. I usually don't classify cliche wannabe's as funny. Anyone could've made this very mistake...

That's the spirit!

See, your anger for me has almost made you forget that I was making fun of TO's failed suicide attempt. Don't you feel better?

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 08:18 AM
...The guy needs help, he's a friggin' human being for god's sake...I just find it sick that, even after this cry for help, people are still bashing this guy.When was the last time you saw TO act like a human being, or treat anyone else like they were a human being? You reap what you sew.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:19 AM
hahahahaha...

You have to be ****ing kidding me. The dude plays football, it's not like he's a prominent figure in this country. It's not like what he does affects our every day life at all.

Yet, some people have no sympathy for the guy?

HE PLAYS ****ING FOOTBALL. IT'S FOOTBALL.

I'd say life is a little bit more serious than a game.

KCinNY
09-27-2006, 08:21 AM
dudes got problems no doubt about it. but cmon, the issue of suicide is extremely serious, but you cant take anything seriously when it comes to TO. Weve all had ex Girlfriends and such (at least I have) that claim theyre depressed and hate their life and want to kill themselves, but its all a cry for attention, trust me.

If he really REALLY, intended to commit suicide taking painkillers is probably the WORST way to do it. Just get a gun and Cobain it, pussy

Yep.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm done with the subject.

I can't believe people actually HATE guys like Barry Bonds and Terrell Owens. They're ****ing sports stars. They don't hurt us, they don't make us lose sleep at night. They're friggin' people, I'm sure they've made mistakes, but haven't we all?

To see a guy reach out for help and then see everyone react by mocking him is truly sick.

I'm glad that I can at least see the big picture.

hawkchief
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
If you aren't scoring touchdowns, that's one way to get the attention you crave so dearly.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/9689202

I call :BS:

surely you jest!

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 08:24 AM
I have no fondness for TO. I'm wondering how rescue workers were at his house as he was taking the pills. I'm assuming he called them prior to taking them. Either way good, good that he didn't succeed in killing himself and maybe this will finally usher in some change in the guy and force him to get help to deal with his issues. None of us can begin to think we know him or the make up of his mind.

So he's a dick and a drama queen. If that was justification for suicide there'd be a lot less posters on this board.

ChiTown
09-27-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm done with the subject.

I can't believe people actually HATE guys like Barry Bonds and Terrell Owens. They're ****ing sports stars. They don't hurt us, they don't make us lose sleep at night. They're friggin' people, I'm sure they've made mistakes, but haven't we all?

To see a guy reach out for help and then see everyone react by mocking him is truly sick.

I'm glad that I can at least see the big picture.

:LOL:

The bigger picture is that you're a phuggin dope for having any empathy at all for a drama queen like TO. If he had any balls at all, he would have cut his head off with a chainsaw. At least then, I would have had some modicum of respect for the guy.

ChiefsfaninPA
I have to agree with Hootie on this one. While T.O. is a me me me person, all about himself, arrogant, or whatever you want to label him, he is still a HUMAN BEING first and foremost. Take jabs at him. That is fine but I don't think someone trying to kill themselves is ever funny no matter their character. It is a sad commentary on us a people when we think this is funny or what he deserves.

TN_Chief
Hate? It's not hate...it's complete indifference. Frankly, my life as a sports fan would be better with TO dead as I'd no longer be subjected to constant TO bullshit. That doesn't mean I'm out there campaigning for TO to be killed/commit suicide...but if he makes the choice himself, I'm not going to get all teary-eyed about it.

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2006, 08:29 AM
I have to agree with Hootie on this one. While T.O. is a me me me person, all about himself, arrogant, or whatever you want to label him, he is still a HUMAN BEING first and foremost. Take jabs at him. That is fine but I don't think someone trying to kill themselves is ever funny no matter their character. It is a sad commentary on us a people when we think this is funny or what he deserves.

It not funny, or what he deserves, its just bullshit. Complete bullshit.

booyaf2
09-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Great. F'ing great. Just when T.O. was starting to fade away from the spotlight, just when we could finally watch espn without hearing his name every 4 seconds, just when we could finally go to sports related sites without seeing his mug, he decides to try to kill himself. I'm starting to think this guy is not all there in the head.....sarcasm. :spock:

chagrin
09-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I just find it sick that, even after this cry for help, people are still bashing this guy. He's sick in the head, it's time for everyone to lay off.

Hootie, I applaud your call for support of his mental unrest. May I ask you this, do you also show this support for everyone with mental unrest? Or just famous people with a deisease?

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Hate? It's not hate...it's complete indifference. Frankly, my life as a sports fan would be better with TO dead as I'd no longer be subjected to constant TO bullshit. That doesn't mean I'm out there campaigning for TO to be killed/commit suicide...but if he makes the choice himself, I'm not going to get all teary-eyed about it.

If your sports life would be improved by an athlete killing himself maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-27-2006, 08:32 AM
It not funny, or what he deserves, its just bullshit. Complete bullshit.

I agree with this. It is B.S. but I don't think it is a stunt at all. The man has issues. T.O. has never done anything to me or anyone on this board so I don't get the hostility. Is he an ass. Yes. But it still doesn't make this worth clowning the guy. I guarantee if this issue was happening to the folks making fun of it, they would be starting a prayer request and asking for it to get stickied on this board.

JBucc
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
So, did he die?

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2006, 08:34 AM
BTW, and i have no proof or anything and its just my theory, but you think TO might be gay?
alright i know everybody is going to jump on my shit and say 'WTF MAN UR RETARTED!' or something like that, but hear me out for a sec. Hes not married, ive never heard of him going out with girls or having illegitamite kids or babbies mommas or domestic abuses or infamous 911 calls (you know the usual). and now hes with his 'friend' when this happened, and plus plus lets not forget, hes a pretty good dresser, i think thats the clincher there

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 08:35 AM
If your sports life would be improved by an athlete killing himself maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities.Why? Are my priorities directly effecting anyone other than myself? You think TO gives a shit whether I want him alive or dead? The guy has been nothing but a cocksucker of a teammate for the past 5 years. If he wants to off himself...more power to him.

*EDIT*
And yeah, I know he's "talented" and "produces". But that's only part of the picture. I played D1 college sports, and I'm here to tell you that "talent" doesn't make up for being a shitty teammate and a cancer in the locker room.

JBucc
09-27-2006, 08:36 AM
BTW, and i have no proof or anything and its just my theory, but you think TO might be gay?
alright i know everybody is jump on my shit and say 'WTF MAN UR RETARTED!' or something like that, but hear me out for a sec. Hes not married, ive never heard of him going out with girls or having illegitamite kids or babbies mommas or domestic abuses or infamous 911 calls (you know the usual). and now hes with his 'friend' when this happened, and plus plus lets not forget, hes a pretty good dresser, i think thats the clincher theirDoesn't GoChiefs live in Texas? GoChiefs is TO's lover!!!!!!!1

stumppy
09-27-2006, 08:38 AM
So, did he die?

No.

Just another episode in the me me me me me me life of the idiot.

Otter
09-27-2006, 08:39 AM
alright i know everybody is jump on my shit and say 'WTF MAN UR RETARTED!' or something like that, but hear me out for a sec. Hes not married, ive never heard of him going out with girls or having illegitamite kids or babbies mommas or domestic abuses or infamous 911 calls (you know the usual). and now hes with his 'friend' when this happened, and plus plus lets not forget, hes a pretty good dresser, i think thats the clincher their

:LOL:, and having to spend your life showering with professional football players, oh the irony.

stumppy
09-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Doesn't GoChiefs live in Texas? GoChiefs is TO's lover!!!!!!!1

BINGO.

chagrin
09-27-2006, 08:42 AM
'WTF MAN UR RETARTED

kcxiv
09-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Some of you bastards on here are harsh on people.

And we talk abut Raider fans? Some fans on here from what i seen are just as bad as yes, Raider fans.

dirk digler
09-27-2006, 08:52 AM
damn that is to bad for TO

gblowfish
09-27-2006, 08:52 AM
I think TO's cheese is slipping off his cracker. Lots of whack athletes show self destructive tendencies, they sometimes manifest it in different ways. Look at Mike Tyson, Michael Irvin, Maurice Clarette, Barry Bonds, they've all been drama queens too.

Each one is a mess, each one messed themselves up in different ways.

I think T.O. is a very talented guy who's missing a few fuses in the old breaker box. He may need to get out of football this year, maybe for good.

The pessimist in me says if he wanted to kill himself, he should have run about 10 crossing routes across the middle against Philly. The Philly secondary would be happy to put him out of his misery.

stevieray
09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I think TO's cheese is slipping off his cracker. Lots of whack athletes show self destructive tendencies, they sometimes manifest it in different ways. Look at Mike Tyson, Michael Irvin, Maurice Clarette, Barry Bonds, they've all been drama queens too.

Each one is a mess, each one messed themselves up in different ways.

I think T.O. is a very talented guy who's missing a few fuses in the old breaker box. He may need to get out of football this year, maybe for good.

The pessimist in me says if he wanted to kill himself, he should have run about 10 crossing routes across the middle against Philly. The Philly secondary would be happy to put him out of his misery.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't have the mental make up to maintain this level of professionalism.

I think leaving football is an excellent suggestion.

Eleazar
09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't know if I buy this suicide angle. It says he only took 5 pills. If he wanted to off himself, wouldn't he down the whole thing like a bag of M&Ms?

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't know if I buy this suicide angle. It says he only took 5 pills. If he wanted to off himself, wouldn't he down the whole thing like a bag of M&Ms?

It doesn't appear certain how many pills he has taken as of now. Owens is the one who said he had only taken 5 pills. Reports are saying he took 35.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Well good...Dallas PD just cleared everything nicely with that press conference. No further questions. :rolleyes:

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
BTW if you'd like to monitor the news out of Dallas and at the same time listen to one of America's best talk hosts until noon. I'm sure he'll field a lot of calls on this topic.

www.wbap.com

Demonpenz
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
hopefully he gets better soon or my fantasy team will suck

Fire Me Boy!
09-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Police: T.O. tried to kill himself
DALLAS (AP) – Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.

The report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes."'

The Dallas police report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV. Police scheduled a news conference for later Wednesday morning.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said. The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.

According to the police report, Dallas Fire and Rescue was called regarding someone "attempting suicide by prescription pain medication." Officers arrived to find Owens being stabilized by ambulance workers, who then took him to Baylor University Medical Center.

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill – who mostly deals with troubled players – said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

He missed most of training camp, and three of four preseason games, because of a hamstring injury. He was late for work during his recovery and was fined for it, but Owens laughed it off, saying he overslept. He said it had happened before, though not with Dallas, and would probably happen again.

Owens broke the bone leading to his right ring finger during a game a week ago Sunday. The next day, doctors screwed in a plate so the bone could heal without fear of further damage. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

Owens had not practiced since the injury, but because Dallas had a bye this past weekend he did not miss a game. He was expected to practice Wednesday, and Parcells had said there was a chance Owens could play Sunday against Tennessee.

Owens had been especially looking forward to the Cowboys' game after that – Oct. 8, in Philadelphia, against the team that dumped him midway through last season only months after he helped them nearly win the Super Bowl.

Owens was seen laughing and joking on the practice field Tuesday morning. He chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room in the afternoon and seemed fine. A 2-inch scar on the top of his hand was puffy but not wrapped, and he said the swelling was doing down.

While in the locker room, he took a pill from a white paper bag and looked at another medicine bottle that was in the bag. He also called a business partner about a towel-wrap venture they're starting and joked to TV cameras that he wasn't talking until Wednesday and today was only Tuesday.

"My little boy knows better than that," he said, laughing, as he plopped onto a sofa in the middle of the locker room.

Also Tuesday, Owens was involved in launching a national campaign for the National Alliance to End Abuse, an organization aimed at helping at-risk youngsters. He appeared at a high school Tuesday morning and was scheduled to visit others but had to cancel because of changes in the team's practice schedule.

A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released. Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

Stinger
09-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Hope he gets straighten out, but part of me also really wished the Bronco's would have picked him up this season like many thought they would.

ChiefsOne
09-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Media reports he is home, so if he is really home this is all BS. The hospital wouldn't release him, no matter who he is, if it was suicide attempt. There is a 96 hour mandatory evaluation/holding.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 09:22 AM
who's reporting he is home?

chagrin
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Media reports he is home, so if he is really home this is all BS. The hospital wouldn't release him, no matter who he is, if it was suicide attempt. There is a 96 hour mandatory evaluation/holding.

This is true, and also it reminds me of a time when this girl I knew in college said she was killing herself and locked herself in her bathroom with all kinds of prescription drugs, mostly barbituates and sh*t like that. We all freaked out and called the ambulance and they get in the bathroom to help her - turns out she took 10 aspirin, LOL!

5 pain pills? I can do that with no problems, the most he'll have is a slight, VERY slight buzz for 30 minutes or so.

JazzzLovr
09-27-2006, 09:28 AM
The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied.

Just for clarification, to me, this reads as 35. He said he took 5 before this incident (as his regularly prescribed dosage), and he emptied the bottle in this suicide attempt. 40 - 5 = 35.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2006, 09:30 AM

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.....

IF he really is "home."

CosmicPal
09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
I just find it sick that, even after this cry for help, people are still bashing this guy. He's sick in the head, it's time for everyone to lay off.

I'm not going to bash the guy, but I seriously find it difficult to have much sympathy about his actions.

I have profound sympathy for people who have a great void in their lives or that they find life too difficult to manage anymore. It breaks my heart to see others hurting and in pain- good people who don't need attention, but rather a purpose.

T.O. however doesn't fit this profile. T.O. is the attention-whore of attention-whores. He commands the throne of attention. I was tired of his antics LAST year, and the fact of the matter is- he hasn't done sh*t to justify this sort of media attention since last year. He pulls a muscle, and every fuggen minute is about him on ESPN. He breaks a nail, it's another 48 hours of T.O. Now, I'm sure ESPN and the other networks just love to drive his attention into the ground and that they are responsible, but the fact is- T.O. has every right to avoid media attention as the rest of the players do. Need proof: Look at how Priest Holmes handles the media. When's the last time you ever saw him on TV and the guy was putting up monster numbers compared to T.O.

So, I'm sorry if you think I'm an ass, but the fact is- I just find it very difficult to show much concern for his well-being when he allows himself to behave this way. I hope he's all right. I hope he finds it in his heart to get help. I hope he'll make better decisions in his life from this moment forward. But, right now- I'm just so sick and tired of his antics I could really care less if he tried to kill himself or not. 'Cause the fact of the matter is- he alone has killed my interest in ever watching any football news for the past couple of years.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2006, 09:43 AM
I've heard two different stories. One says he tried to committ suicide, and one says he just had an allergic reaction. Which one is true?

Demonpenz
09-27-2006, 09:46 AM
i smell class action lawsuit

kcxiv
09-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I've heard two different stories. One says he tried to committ suicide, and one says he just had an allergic reaction. Which one is true?I dont think anyone knows for sure. Like someone said if you try to commit suicide yoru going to be for a while. They just dont let you go like that. They have to evaluate you. I remember when my dumb ass friend accidently put a glock 40 through his hand, they didnt let him go for a while. He had to talk to hell of people he said.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I've heard two different stories. One says he tried to committ suicide, and one says he just had an allergic reaction. Which one is true?

I personally have never heard of an allergic reaction to pain pills.

I would like to know who's reporting that he's home? I'm listening to a radio station thats covering this like Aunt Jemimah and I haven't heard anything to that effect.

Stinger
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Well several different sources are confirming suicide attempt. CNN, ESPN, yahoo, etc.

Here is the Dallas Police report

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html

FAX
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty certain that working with Bill Parcells would drive me to suicide.

But, I feel badly for TO in this case. No matter what happened, he's a marked man now. He's like the Liza Minelli of football.

FAX

Bootlegged
09-27-2006, 09:58 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/smolenski/HASSELHOFFONPOLE.gif

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Mystery surrounds T.O. illness By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Star-Telegram / Stewart F. House
March: Terrell Owens, with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, at the press conference announcing Owens' signing with Dallas.
More photos
Chat live with Jennifer Floyd Engel at 12:30 today.
Startle Grams: It's K.O. time for T.O.
The narrative from the Dallas police report
Philly.com blog
T.O. timeline: A season of turmoil
DALLAS -- Did Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens try to commit suicide by taking as many as 35 prescription pain pills?

Or did a police report inaccurately classify a call to Owens' Dallas home as an attempted suicide?
On Wednesday morning, Owens' publicist vehemently denied that he intentionally tried to harm himself Tuesday night.
She attributed Owens' statement to officers that he was trying to harm himself to the fact that he was groggy from mixing pain pills with supplements.
Kim Etheridge, Owens' publicist, was described in the report as "a woman companion" who said she observed him putting two pills in his mouth."

The picture could become clearer at 1:30 p.m., when coach Bill Parcells holds his regularly scheduled news conference.

A brief news conference by police did little to clarify the situation.

Lt. Rick Watson, a Dallas police spokesman, said police are conducting no investigation of the events at Owens' home.

He described it as "a medical situation" and said any further information would not come from police. He also indicated that the police report had been released prematurely.

He declined to answer questions or to verify the accuracy of the police report, although he did pass out redacted copies.

"This is a high-profile person," Watson said. "We looked into it and determined that there was not a criminal offense in this incident."

"We would do it the exact same way" no matter who was involved, he said.

Owens was being treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

Etheridge said he "is fine."

"He will be leaving the hospital today," she said.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on Sept. 18 and, until Tuesday, Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription. Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Etheridge said she called 911 because Owens was groggy and lethargic.

She said he was in pain stemming from the fractured right hand, suffered against Washington two weeks ago.

He underwent surgery to have a plate and three pins placed in the hand last Monday.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said at the time that Owens was having a bad reaction to the pain medication.

Etheridge said Owens experienced more pain and discomfort Tuesday.

He took some pain pills and did some "microcurrent" treatment.

She said he also took some supplements and "it kicked in a reaction." "When I went to grab him, he was out of it," Etheridge said. "That's why I called 911."

Etheridge said Owens did not have his stomach pumped at the hospital and did not vomit.

Staff writer Bill Miller contributed to this report.

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 10:01 AM
I think the Dallas police screwed the Pooch on this one fellas

Stinger
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Or did a police report inaccurately classify a call to Owens' Dallas home as an attempted suicide?

As posted a few posts earlier ... you decide. The Dallas Police Report

ChiefsKing
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
"He also called a business partner about a towel-wrap venture they're starting and joked to TV cameras that he wasn't talking until Wednesday and today was only Tuesday."

This tells everything-it was all planned. He was also seen taking some of those pills the day before, so I think it is safe to believe him that he took 5. Remember he is not real bright, he said that he wasn't responsible for what was said in his own biography that he first said he wrote.

Demonpenz
09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I think the Dallas police screwed the Pooch on this one fellas

Yeah right... like the dallas police would EVER mess anything up

B_Ambuehl
09-27-2006, 10:16 AM
It's been obvious for a long time he has emotional issues and bipolar tendencies.

He'll likely be diagnosed BPD and next year every network will be running lifetime movie network type stories about how he had a major psychiatric illness that nobody ever knew about that caused him to be so troublesome in S.F and Philly...finally he gets to dallas and his illness (which he had no control over), almost took his life. Now he's on medication and getting couseling and life is grand.

This will be a positive thing for T.O.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2006, 10:25 AM
As posted a few posts earlier ... you decide. The Dallas Police Report

Unless he's been committed to a mental ward for supervision....the Dallas Police fugged this one up.

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Released and left in a SUV Gave a thumbs up.

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Released and left in a SUV Gave a thumbs up.

where are you hearing this?

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Uh, folks...when was the last time that laws along the lines of "72-hour mandatory psych observation" were applicable to celebrities/powerful individuals?

Sorry, it's a nice theory (that he'd be under observation if he'd actually tried to kill himself), but it holds absolutely zero water in the celebrity-driven culture we live in.

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
where are you hearing this?

Just saw on ESPN news.

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
And I'd just about kill to know what Bill Parcells (the real one) is saying/thinking this morning.

teedubya
09-27-2006, 10:35 AM
buh bye TO.

FAX
09-27-2006, 10:41 AM
TO was being helped by the Wizard but, while clicking his cleats together, got them tangled in the balloon line.

He's floating away, but giving a big smile and thumbs up.

FAX

CoMoChief
09-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Listen to how stupid Lt. Rick Watson of the Dallas Po Dept is. I think I got dumber listening to his statement.

TinyEvel
09-27-2006, 10:47 AM
And I'd just about kill to know what Bill Parcells (the real one) is saying/thinking this morning.

He's terrified because the world is about to find out that he tried to poison TO last night.

teedubya
09-27-2006, 10:49 AM
As much as he has called other people out for being gay, Im betting that he is the gay one. I mean who runs around in spandex shorts anyway?

TO=Gay. and wants to off himself. NTTIATWWT.

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
TO Press Conf in 5 minutes

CosmicPal
09-27-2006, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure not to turn on the TV.

Thig Lyfe
09-27-2006, 10:57 AM
This season gets weirder and weirder.

FAX
09-27-2006, 10:57 AM
While attempting to kill the big whale, TO got snarled in the harpoon lines.

The whale's taking him out to deep water but TO's giving a big smile and thumbs up.

FAX

pikesome
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
This season gets weirder and weirder.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like a writer for The Young and the Restless is scripting the NFL this year. Some bizarre things happening.

Nzoner
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I think he should now be referred to as T-O-D

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Can we make it R-I-P?

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Can we make it R-I-P?

Pathetic

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
PUshed back to 12 30

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 11:11 AM
PatheticThank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. And remember, the 9:30 show is completely different than the 7:30 show.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for a guy who's thrown everything and everyone in his life under the bus for the last decade? Screw that.

FAX
09-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Realizing that he has been Tyler Durden this whole time, TO shoot himself in the chin.

But as the buildings blow, TO's gives a big smile and thumbs up.

FAX

Archie F. Swin
09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
geezus...even Limbaugh leads with TO

JBucc
09-27-2006, 11:16 AM
If anyone knows about ODing it's Michael Irvin

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. And remember, the 9:30 show is completely different than the 7:30 show.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for a guy who's thrown everything and everyone in his life under the bus for the last decade? Screw that.

YOu could not like the guy but not wish him dead.

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 11:20 AM
I strongly urge y'all to head over to Deadspin and check some of the commentary there. Freakin' hilarious. My favorite so far:

"I love me some dead me" -The Ghost of TO

Psyko Tek
09-27-2006, 11:24 AM
d Just get a gun and Cobain it, pussy

cold man
true, amusing, but ****in' cold

kcxiv
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Pathetic
Sad part, is he is a Chiefs fan :(

FAX
09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
TO is shot in the leg after being caught stuffing Carl in the wood chipper.

As he's being taken to jail, TO gives a big smile and a thumbs up.

FAX

tk13
09-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Both ESPN and ESPN 2 have pre-empted programming to have an hour long special SportsCenter focused solely on TO, including the press conference that's supposed to happen here soon.

luv
09-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Both ESPN and ESPN 2 have pre-empted programming to have an hour long special SportsCenter focused solely on TO, including the press conference that's supposed to happen here soon.
An hour on both? We might OD on TO.

KingPriest2
Sad part, is he is a Chiefs fan :(

I know. You never wish anyone dead.

TN_Chief
Oh, pardon me...as a Chiefs fan, I guess I'm supposed to hold myself to a higher standard. F-off man...TO is a dick. I though he was a dick yesterday, I thought he was a dick this morning (before hearing the story), and I still think he's a dick now. At least I'm consistent. How many of the people doing the "oh, let's all hold hands with TO, it's so sad" would have ragged on him yesterday?

He's an ass who's acted like a complete dickhead for the past 5+ years. Seriously...who would miss him? Drew Rosenhaus and his posse? Wow...what a loss for humanity.

boogblaster
09-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Truth is the little punk ass didnt want to go to Philly and get his butt kicked.....

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Deion Sanders is at the house. PC pushed back to 1 15

Boon
09-27-2006, 11:33 AM

Only an hour?
Me thinks they need to start a TO channel.
24-hours-a-day. All day. Everyday. Nothing but TO.

tk13
09-27-2006, 11:33 AM
An hour on both? We might OD on TO.
Well, it might be longer. They've pushed the TO press conference back to 3:15 ET now. I guess the Cowboys routine daily press conference is at 2:30, and Bill Parcells will probably say something. So this will probably be on ESPN all afternoon.

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh, pardon me...as a Chiefs fan, I guess I'm supposed to hold myself to a higher standard. F-off man...TO is a dick. I though he was a dick yesterday, I thought he was a dick this morning (before hearing the story), and I still think he's a dick now. At least I'm consistent. How many of the people doing the "oh, let's all hold hands with TO, it's so sad" would have ragged on him yesterday?

He's an ass who's acted like a complete dickhead for the past 5+ years. Seriously...who would miss him? Drew Rosenhaus and his posse? Wow...what a loss for humanity.

So you wish him dead because he is a jerk? So you are like that so by your reasoning you should would be better off dead.

What you are doing is far worse then what he ever did. Wishing someone dead which is not right.

KCFalcon59
09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Well, it might be longer. They've pushed the TO press conference back to 3:15 ET now. I guess the Cowboys routine daily press conference is at 2:30, and Bill Parcells will probably say something. So this will probably be on ESPN all afternoon.

They obviously need time to craft a story.

Skyy God
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
My first thought after hearing this news was, what a drama queen. My second thought, how long will he be out for and is Patrick Crayton a viable pickup now.

Seriously, is is Patrick Crayton a viable pickup (in a 10 team league with 17 roster spots)?

KCFalcon59
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Clayton talking out his ass. Just got smacked down for not knowing what the hell he is talking about.

Scorp
09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I wish this thread and everyone that posted on it was dead. o:-)

TN_Chief
Where have I "wished him dead"? Nowhere. I've said my life as a sports fan would be better if he were dead...and it would. No more endless TO bullshit coverage. I've refused to show sypathy for a clown who's made a career of throwing teammates under the bus.

I don't walk around wishing anyone dead. But if someone decides they want to be dead (as TO apparently did)...I'll feel free to weigh in on it. In this case...no big loss (if TO were gone).

Psyko Tek
whern I was a kid I broke a finger, hell it was almost cut off...
the put me on some real goood meds.
I would take one and forget I took it, and then take another, forget I took it
figger that I loaded up 3 in 45 minutes before my mom took the bottle,
but it was a good day

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2006, 11:42 AM
geezus...even Limbaugh leads with TO

Rush wants to know where he got his pain pills. :LOL:

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 11:42 AM
BTW...if you want to wish me dead...please, feel free. You don't matter enough to me for me to care what you think about anything. Which is, I'm quite sure, exactly the same position I occupy in TO's world (well...maybe not, given than he tried to off himself he's clearly a little overly-sensitive).

WTF do you care what I think? We're here on a chat board...a board that (on the front page) states "don't be shy - jump in and post". I'm just following orders. Don't like my thinking? Ignore me.

stevieray
09-27-2006, 11:45 AM

As opposed to a Dallas Cowboys PC?

until this changes, expect more of the same.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
TO's press conference in 48 hours.

FAX
09-27-2006, 11:49 AM
Having successfully lured the alien into the airlock and sucking it into space, TO enters the cryonic chamber.

As he falls to sleep, TO gives a big smile and a thumbs up.

FAX

hawkchief
09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Deion Sanders is at the house. PC pushed back to 1 15

Whew. that's a relief that Deion's around! I know that I feel better about getting solid info when Deion and Michael Irvin are involved in the situation.

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Nothing like your suicide counselors wearing suits with hang-glider lapels and disorienting colors/stripes. That's like being attended to by the Mad Hatter.

Halfcan
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Thank God we did not sign this guy.

Easy 6
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Every thought i have had on this has been covered in detail, but a bit ago i overheard someone on ESPN say "TO is a truth teller", "lets talk to TO he'll tell us the truth" :rolleyes: And am i the only one who thinks Lt. Watson is really Jerry Jones brother impersonating a police officer to effect damage control? :)

stevieray
09-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Whew. that's a relief that Deion's around! I know that I feel better about getting solid info when Deion and Michael Irvin are involved in the situation.

reminds me of whitlocks flavor flav comment.

The 3 ring circus is in Dallas.

Fairplay
09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
TO, TO, TO, goodbye
TO, TO, TO, don't cry

The hearse that takes you away from me,
No words can tell how sad it makes me.

Goodbye TO and then,
You can OD again.

No one could ever take your thunder,
Now you are 6 feet under.

TO, TO, TO, goodbye
TO, TO, TO, don't cry

Sure-Oz
09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Sucks for him, crazy bastard, glad he didn't die.

kcxiv
09-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Where have I "wished him dead"? Nowhere. I've said my life as a sports fan would be better if he were dead...and it would. No more endless TO bullshit coverage. I've refused to show sypathy for a clown who's made a career of throwing teammates under the bus.

I don't walk around wishing anyone dead. But if someone decides they want to be dead (as TO apparently did)...I'll feel free to weigh in on it. In this case...no big loss (if TO were gone).
ya know the old saying, if you dont have anything good to say, then just shut the F up. No one is asking for his sympathy. Shit happens in life. He has no impact on my life whatsoever, but i wont come on here talking shit about someone when he has serious problems. Oh well, there will always be jerks in the world, i accepted that a long time ago. Doesnt mean i have to like it though. But if you wanna be a Jerk, more power to you. Flex you tough man epenis.

Halfcan
09-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Wait until they break the news about his upcoming sex-change operation-he is going to be everywhere.

Sure-Oz
09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
ya know the old saying, if you dont have anything good to say, then just shut the F up. No one is asking for his sympathy. Shit happens in life. He has no impact on my life whatsoever, but i wont come on here talking shit about someone when he has serious problems. Oh well, there will always be jerks in the world, i accepted that a long time ago. Doesnt mean i have to like it though. But if you wanna be a Jerk, more power to you. Flex you tough man epenis.
His e-penis isn't that big anyway, he has only 40 posts! :doh!:

kcxiv
09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
His e-penis isn't that big anyway, he has only 40 posts! :doh!:
Well, he's flexing it like he has one. You get them internet tough guys every once in a while though.*shrug*

tk13
09-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Parcells is having his press conference, complete bunch of no-answers. LMAO

FAX
09-27-2006, 12:40 PM
If Parcells had an epenis, it would be about 18 feet long.

FAX

memyselfI
09-27-2006, 12:42 PM
I feel bad for Owens if the tried to commit suicide, sad.

But what a trio. Parcells, Jones, and Owens. They all deserve each other.

SPchief
09-27-2006, 12:42 PM
You'd think that the reporters would get the hint that parcells isn't gonna answer the questions.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2006, 12:44 PM
How is it all the ghey threads go over 200 posts? :hmmm:

Fire Me Boy!
09-27-2006, 12:48 PM
He got up and left. ROFL

"I'm not going to sit here and be interrogated for no reason."

ROFL

Chris Mortensen
09-27-2006, 12:55 PM
My inside sources say that this is just a ploy for TO to not have to practice this week.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
TN_Chief is the attention whore of this thread. We get it man! You have your OWN opinion...WE KNOW. Let it ****ing go brother...

Dartgod
09-27-2006, 01:26 PM
But what a trio. Parcells, Jones, and Owens. They all deserve each other.Says the Raider fan. ROFL

Rooster
09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
If Parcells had an epenis, it would be about 18 feet long.

FAX

However, he would need Viagra to bootup. :D

Dartgod
09-27-2006, 01:32 PM
TN_Chief is the attention whore of this thread. We get it man! You have your OWN opinion...WE KNOW. Let it ****ing go brother...
Liar...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3440493&postcount=88

Iowanian
09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
TO on tv now...denying Suicide attempt.

Said it was merely a mixup on supliments and pain pills.

Anyong Bluth
He's on right now. Am I the only one that thinks he looks like he's about to well up and cry!?

KingPriest2
Thanks God
apologies for distraction

Denies attempt

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 01:37 PM
He's going to pull a Bud Dwyer!!

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Took two pills then a trainer came by fell asleep on the table took some more pills.

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Feels he will be ready to play

Denies being depressed.

Iowanian
09-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Allergic reaction to hydrocodone is what he says.

KCFalcon59
09-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Publicity Stunt.

SPchief
09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Anybody else get the feeling that there more to this story than what they are saying.

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Actually on this one, I think it probably is a case of the media blowing something out of proportion. Whoever called it a suicide attempt most likely made a big assumption.

noa
09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
He certainly doesn't seem like he tried to commit suicide last night

bogie
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Sorry, this story is full of BS.

tk13
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
His publicist basically said the police report is false, that they're lying.

Anyong Bluth
09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
I think there is more to this story. People can think TO is a classic asshole but the guy fits the profile for someone that has some serious depression issues. The antics and attention grabbing is pretty in line with someone looking to be embraced and accepted. The up and downs are pretty in line too, sadly the guy has been getting his ass kissed for all his life and so he's never had to learn how to deal with people normally on a social level

noa
09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
His publicist also said "when I see a man of his statue..."
Good grasp of the English language for a publicist

FAX
09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
TO and a mute girl ride down the beach.

Upon seeing the Statue of Liberty half-submerged in the sand, TO gives a big smile and a thumbs up.

FAX

bogie
09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Michael Irvin is stoned on what's remaining of TO's pain pills.

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
His publicist also said "when I see a man of his statue..."
Good grasp of the English language for a publicist

Well, he was unconcious and therefore very still.

Robo-Chachi
09-27-2006, 01:47 PM
It is being reported he told paramedics that the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world.

Hootie
09-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Michael Irvin is stoned on what's remaining of TO's pain pills.
dude, I thought the same thing...lol. He looked like he was ****ed up.

bogie
09-27-2006, 01:54 PM
If the police made such false reports, I think I would be more angree.

bogie
09-27-2006, 01:55 PM
There is a cover up from the EMT all the way up to Jerry Jones.

KC-TBB
09-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I think there was a hidden sniper on the grassy knoll

Eleazar
09-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Says he didn't try to commit suicide, he didn't take 35 pills, and his stomach was never pumped.

Basically that he took too many pills and had a bad reaction.

Even practiced today after he got out of the hospital.

KingPriest2
09-27-2006, 02:15 PM
If the police made such false reports, I think I would be more angree.

They prob did not asses the situation correctly.

TO was not himself when he was answering those questions. TO thought he was being asked "Does McNabb suck balls?" to which he replied yes to.

Inspector
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Wow, being a millionaire is tougher than I thought.

Lots of pressure.

Hope he can learn how to deal with whatever got him down.

Stinger
09-27-2006, 02:25 PM
So after listening to todays events here a lot of questions still remain. I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature but IMO something stinks here:

Bill Parcell (a known controll freak), who left NE because he could not control the draft of his players, knows absolutly nothing? From all that we know and have heard nothing happens unless Bill says so, so why all of a sudden is he left out of all this?

They kept moving the TO press conference back, and back, and back then moved it to the location. Why?

TO's PR person is saying TO was misquoted in the police report. So now TO has been misquoted by the 49er's, the San Fransico newspaper, the Eagles, the Phili newspaper, and now by the Dallas Police.

I am just saying

Easy 6
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
I find it VERY hard to believe a word of that conference. He took most of his pills out of the bottle and put the rest in a drawer WTF is that, who does that? Where they can set in open air and lose their medicinal properties? Makes NO sense. That Etheridge chick could not have looked more evasive either. Police f things up all the time but why in the world would they falsify a report on this? To answer my own question they had NO reason to whatsoever. Like they are out to make the boys star reciever look bad. WHAT A JOKE.

bogie
09-27-2006, 02:32 PM
So after listening to todays events here a lot of questions still remain. I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature but IMO something stinks here:

Bill Parcell (a known controll freak), who left NE because he could not control the draft of his players, knows absolutly nothing? From all that we know and have heard nothing happens unless Bill says so, so why all of a sudden is he left out of all this?

They kept moving the TO press conference back, and back, and back then moved it to the location. Why?

TO's PR person is saying TO was misquoted in the police report. So now TO has been misquoted by the 49er's, the San Fransico newspaper, the Eagles, the Phili newspaper, and now by the Dallas Police.

I am just saying

Oh, there's a conspiracy. A cover up at the very least.

Stinger
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM

I am just saying

Forgot to add he even said he was misquoted in own biography, he supposedly wrote. LMAO

bogie
09-27-2006, 02:38 PM
One sure sign of depression is when you start misquoting yourself.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
I'd say that if TO really did try to commit suicide, then the media should be the ones to take the blame for it. Constantly they abuse people like TO. Something really needs to be done about what they can or can't do, because they are given way too much freedom. Most reporters go out there and try to mix shit up so they can make more money.

Personally I dont like TO either, but if he did try to kill himself, people really need to lay off the guy. Nothing he does has anything to do with anybody but the people around him.

stumppy
09-27-2006, 03:04 PM
From here on, TO's new name is Bi Po.

That is all.

bogie
09-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I'd say that if TO really did try to commit suicide, then the media should be the ones to take the blame for it. Constantly they abuse people like TO. Something really needs to be done about what they can or can't do, because they are given way too much freedom. Most reporters go out there and try to mix shit up so they can make more money.

Personally I dont like TO either, but if he did try to kill himself, people really need to lay off the guy. Nothing he does has anything to do with anybody but the people around him.

The Media tries to mix shit up in a pot provided by TO.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2006, 03:09 PM
The Media tries to mix shit up in a pot provided by TO.

Yah, TO does do some random stupid shit, but the media shouldnt have the power over people that they do.

Skip Towne
09-27-2006, 03:09 PM
I can't believe that bum is getting all this ink on here. Do people really care that much about him? I sure don't.

09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Do people really care that much about him?

NO

bogie
09-27-2006, 03:17 PM
I can't believe that bum is getting all this ink on here. Do people really care that much about him? I sure don't.

He's like car chases and wild fires. I hate to admit, I stay tuned in.

Mecca
09-27-2006, 04:19 PM
The TO-haters will never believe him, but his side of the story seems WAY more plausible than the reports of suicide. Here's a guy that will do almost anything to get himself back on the field, including sleeping in hypobaric (sp?) chambers and such. It makes sense that he would be taking any and all kinds of supplements in order to try and heal quicker. And he probably didn't stop to think if they should be combined with him pain pills. Remember, this is the guy that returned from a broken leg in like 4 weeks to play in the Super Bowl.

Suicide just seems so out of character for him. And the fact that he went out and practiced today and wasn't put on 48 hours of suicide watch like other suicide attempts, just screams that the suicide reports are bullshit.

You know, the suicide reports could be disputed if TO would just show everyone that he still has the pain pills and didn't take them.

It took Michael Irvin to bring common sense to the discussion. No one bothered to check the story -- they just kept jabbering about the police report, as if nothing shady had ever happened with the Dallas police before.

Also there's some real class on this board and it was on full display in this thread......wishing death and harm on someone is far worse than anything T.O. has ever done, so in theory if you do that you're wishing death upon yourself for being a jackass.

TN_Chief
09-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Calling your QB gay.
Lying to a team (the Ravens).
Calling your QB weak.
Holding your team hostage for more money.
Writing an autobiography...and claiming you were misquoted in it.
Being an assclown 24/7/365.

Yup...my lack of concern for TO's well-being is much worse. If the guy dropped dead this evening, the world would be a nicer place.

Mecca
09-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Calling your QB gay.
Lying to a team (the Ravens).
Calling your QB weak.
Holding your team hostage for more money.
Writing an autobiography...and claiming you were misquoted in it.
Being an assclown 24/7/365.

Yup...my lack of concern for TO's well-being is much worse. If the guy dropped dead this evening, the world would be a nicer place.

I think you are taking football a little to seriously......in the end he is still a person that has never done anything to have death wished upon him. It isn't like he kills people or things like that.......yet you wish death upon him. I'm sure you are a much more classy individual than Owens uh huh.

Brock
09-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, we should just take this complete flake's word for it, and pay no attention to what investigators found.