PDA

View Full Version : In other (non-TO) NFL news

Nzoner
09-27-2006, 11:54 AM
September 27, 2006, 11:55
Seahawks :: RB

RB Alexander's Foot All Healed?
Mike Sando, Tacoma News Tribune - [Full Article]

Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander hopes to play Sunday vs. Chicago. Alexander is crediting the power of prayer for possibly healing the cracked bone in his left foot. The foot stopped hurting Tuesday and word spread as Alexander began alerting friends and family. HC Mike Holmgren will provide the latest information at his press conference today (noon PDT). The team will still determine whether Alexander plays against the Bears on Sunday.

SPchief
09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
September 27, 2006, 11:55
Seahawks :: RB

RB Alexander's Foot All Healed?
Mike Sando, Tacoma News Tribune - [Full Article]

Seattle Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander hopes to play Sunday vs. Chicago. Alexander is crediting the power of prayer for possibly healing the cracked bone in his left foot. The foot stopped hurting Tuesday and word spread as Alexander began alerting friends and family. HC Mike Holmgren will provide the latest information at his press conference today (noon PDT). The team will still determine whether Alexander plays against the Bears on Sunday.

I guess he took some pain killers and it went away?

noa
09-27-2006, 11:56 AM
All those fantasy owners prayed hard enough apparently

Rain Man
09-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I wonder how Terrell Owens will react to this news.

Fish
09-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I thought Jesus was coaching in Washington now...?

Basileus777
09-27-2006, 11:58 AM
God > Madden Curse

JBucc
09-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Madden is no match for the power of Jesus!!

StcChief
09-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Damn I have Morris....somebody on Bears take him out.

morphius
09-27-2006, 12:03 PM
All those fantasy owners prayed hard enough apparently
Hell, he hasn't helped me out much at all.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Hallelujah!

My FFL team might win this weekend afterall..... ;)

ct
09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm all for the power of prayer, but if anybody who saw SA limping off the field Sunday really thinks he should be playing this week, should call TO for a good support group. With a BYE next week, he should be mandated to the sideline this week for 2 weeks of rest.

patteeu
09-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Darnit. I paid $3.02 for Maurice Morris in my fantasy league and dropped Michael Bennett to make room for him. Oh well, I'd guess Bennett will be available if I want to pick him back up.

Uncle_Ted
09-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Update:

I just heard Holmgren on the radio say that Alexander is having more tests done on his foot to see if the initial diagnosis was wrong. He did say that if there is a fracture, displaced or not, Alexander would not be playing.

KCinNY
09-27-2006, 02:29 PM
I have Alexander on my FF Team, but I missed out on Morris on the waiver wire.

I hope he comes back soon 'cause I had to pick up Ron Dayne.

chiefqueen
09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
I thought this was T.O.'s universe and we're living here because we haven't offended him yet.

Joe Seahawk
09-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey Shaun, please pray for world peace instead, and take this week off.. :shake:

Sure-Oz
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
I wonder if he took what TO took??

Alexander's foot is still broken, so he's still out

By GREGG BELL, AP Sports Writer
September 27, 2006

AP - Sep 25, 7:42 pm EDT
More Photos

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) -- On second look, Shaun Alexander's foot is indeed broken.

The league MVP asked for and got another round of CT scans Wednesday on the previously diagnosed cracked bone in his left foot.

Alexander said those tests showed the same crack in the fourth metatarsal that was there on Monday. So despite feeling "great" following two days of praying and "a bone machine" feverishly working at Alexander's house, he says he is out indefinitely -- including for Sunday's game at Chicago.

"Unless it's the Super Bowl, I don't think that Mike would even let me think about playing," Alexander said of coach Mike Holmgren.

But Alexander still was listed as doubtful on the injury report.

"A lot of swelling is gone, a lot of blood from the bone (is gone), but there is still a crack," the upbeat Alexander added shortly after getting affirmation from doctors Wednesday afternoon.

Updated on Wednesday, Sep 27, 2006 6:51 pm EDT